N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#401)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 11-18-2018, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride
I'm happy to get you the logs once the JB4 can obtain them. I've been working with Payam to replace what we think is a defective OBD II cable that's been blocking any telemetry (beyond the selected map) for a week or so. We had a few issues beyond our control but the cable arrived earlier today--I've yet to install it.

In the meantime, I wanted to double-check that the _T9 firmware that I downloaded and installed from the 1st post is indeed the latest.
Glad you got the cable!

JB4_F90_S63TU_3_T9: Click Here for Firmware -->JB4_F90_S63TU_3_T9.hex

Is the latest one on the first post and page of this thread.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#402)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe
Default 11-18-2018, 01:19 AM

Thanks, Payam.

2020 BMW M8 Competition Gran Coupe
(#403)
Old

Car: BMW M5 F90
Default 11-22-2018, 03:46 AM

Hello all. I use last version in my JB4 (JB4_F90_S63TU_3_T9.hex) but i set map4 and no see any diference. The engine work with all boost.
(#404)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-10-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegover
Hello all. I use last version in my JB4 (JB4_F90_S63TU_3_T9.hex) but i set map4 and no see any diference. The engine work with all boost.
Post a log if you want me to check it out!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#405)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-10-2018, 11:13 AM

Heard from one of our Russian shops a new F90 world record!

Mods:
BMW M5 F90 d ps
JB4 Map 7 w/ 102 RON octane fuel
Installed @Burgertuning_krd
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#406)
Old

Default 12-10-2018, 11:15 AM

(JB4_F90_S63TU_3_T9.hex) is last version?
(#407)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-10-2018, 11:19 AM

Highest number is newest firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#408)
Old

Default 12-10-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Highest number is newest firmware.
Confused. Or this is latest version?

JB4_F90_S63TU_3_TEST3.hex
(#409)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-10-2018, 11:25 AM

T9 is the newest posted.

Burger Motorsports

(#410)
Old

Default 12-10-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
T9 is the newest posted.
Ok. So i check logs and send you. Map4 working same another. No limit boost pressure.
(#411)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-18-2018, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegover
Ok. So i check logs and send you. Map4 working same another. No limit boost pressure.
Not quite following question but yes map4 works as a VALET map per the first post.

Did a quick run tonight in our development car, haven't raced it in awhile. Spun badly off the line with a 1.9 60' but ran ~10.6@137. Damn these cars are fast.

Makes me wonder why I'm wasting my time with the 135i N54 so often.

Burger Motorsports

(#412)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-19-2018, 11:32 PM

These cars are so much fun to race, effortless performance! 2018 F90 M5, JB4, BMS Intake, MS109, Map5.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#413)
Old

Car: X5 50i F15
Default 12-20-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
These cars are so much fun to race, effortless performance! 2018 F90 M5, JB4, BMS Intake, MS109, Map5.
That is moving out H A R D

(#414)
Old

Default 12-20-2018, 10:35 AM

When you get a chance, post up the 100-200kph from that pass.
(#415)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-20-2018, 10:35 AM

Funny thing is I was on the way back from somewhere, had a drink in the cup holder. Didn't spill a drop!

Burger Motorsports

(#416)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-20-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire
I've only got the dragy set to record 60-130mph, and it's nothing special. 6.5s on this run. To get optimized 60-130 times you really need to do dedicated runs. One of our Russian customers currently holds the platform record at 6.16s 60-130, 5.31s 100-200kmh.

Burger Motorsports

(#417)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-20-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
BTW while you're here, a customer emailed and asked me to comment on this post you made regarding our Stage1 F90 tuner, the $449 one, and the RaceChip F90 tuner.

What I think you're missing is that both our Stage1 tuner and RaceChip run the same 10-bit ATOD and DTOA, and both sample fast enough to exceed the resolution of the sensor.

The boost sensors call for a sampling rate of around 200 times per second. Our Stage1 tune is capable of sampling at 2000 times per second, and the RaceChip may be capable of sampling at 20000 times per second, who knows. That's more to do with charging times on the ATOD peripheral than processor bandwidth. But it doesn't matter because the sensor can only change it's output around 200 times per second. With analog signals at these speeds you should not be doing any additional signal level filtering, the ECU already applies a filter algorithm. If you do it on the piggyback side also then you get a lazy signal. Just some inside baseball for you.

Anyway effectively Our Stage1 and the Racechip are identical. They attach to the same 2 sensors and perform the same signal adjustment exceeding the resolution of the sensor. Your suggestion that RaceChip has a faster processor and thus "smoother" tuning is false. You seem to be rather knowledgeable on the technical end so I'm surprised to hear it.

You may prefer Racechip's packaging, interface, boost scaling formula, marketing, or whatever, but running TMAP only tuning on even our Stage1 processor is like using an iPhone 10 to run a calculator app. Way overkill.

And, if their system was so "advanced", they'd offer CANbus, EWG control, etc, etc, like the JB4 does.

Burger Motorsports

(#418)
Old

Default 12-20-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
BTW while you're here, a customer emailed and asked me to comment on this post you made regarding our Stage1 F90 tuner, the $449 one, and the RaceChip F90 tuner.

What I think you're missing is that both our Stage1 tuner and RaceChip run the same 10-bit ATOD and DTOA, and both sample fast enough to exceed the resolution of the sensor.

The boost sensors call for a sampling rate of around 200 times per second. Our Stage1 tune is capable of sampling at 2000 times per second, and the RaceChip may be capable of sampling at 20000 times per second, who knows. That's more to do with charging times on the ATOD peripheral than processor bandwidth. But it doesn't matter because the sensor can only change it's output around 200 times per second. With analog signals at these speeds you should not be doing any additional signal level filtering, the ECU already applies a filter algorithm. If you do it on the piggyback side also then you get a lazy signal. Just some inside baseball for you.

Anyway effectively Our Stage1 and the Racechip are identical. They attach to the same 2 sensors and perform the same signal adjustment exceeding the resolution of the sensor. Your suggestion that RaceChip has a faster processor and thus "smoother" tuning is false. You seem to be rather knowledgeable on the technical end so I'm surprised to hear it.

You may prefer Racechip's packaging, interface, boost scaling formula, marketing, or whatever, but running TMAP only tuning on even our Stage1 processor is like using an iPhone 10 to run a calculator app. Way overkill.

And, if their system was so "advanced", they'd offer CANbus, EWG control, etc, etc, like the JB4 does.
“Dinan “ is , ummmmm, interesting. I’ve wasted my last post. I’ve bought two JB’s , two Dinan’s, two RC. I’ve posted many times if they are all set to the same peak psi, they all make the same power. Some have advantages other than that. One being the JB4.....terrific logging and the ability to go beyond a pump fuel tune. Interesting that someone that posts as “Dinan” reached out to you Lol
(#419)
Old

Default 12-20-2018, 02:32 PM

Quote:
I've only got the dragy set to record 60-130mph, and it's nothing special. 6.5s on this run. To get optimized 60-130 times you really need to do dedicated runs. One of our Russian customers currently holds the platform record at 6.16s 60-130, 5.31s 100-200kmh.
With my Dragy, I can switch it after a log to metric and it shows the 100-200kph. Is that inaccurate since it is “after the fact”.
(#420)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-20-2018, 03:28 PM

Quote:
“Dinan “ is , ummmmm, interesting. I’ve wasted my last post. I’ve bought two JB’s , two Dinan’s, two RC. I’ve posted many times if they are all set to the same peak psi, they all make the same power. Some have advantages other than that. One being the JB4.....terrific logging and the ability to go beyond a pump fuel tune. Interesting that someone that posts as “Dinan” reached out to you Lol
I don't know their handle just the email address, probably that guy asking about our tune in the thread. Anyway as I've said all along the Stage1 tunes are all effectively the same. You'd have to be really bad at designing these things to design one that was subpar in any way.

But I've heard the Racechip guys make this silly claim that faster processor = better Stage1 tuning, and in the context of all of these products it's just obviously false. I expect them to repeat it and less knowledgeable customers to believe it. You seemed like you have a better technical understanding than most so when I read you effectively repeat a similar claim wanted to reach out for the discussion.

FWIW the EWG control and CANbus are handy on pump gas too. But I realize a large segment of the market just wants to install something in literally 1 minute and enjoy solid gains. Which is why we opened up the Stage1 to the F90.

Burger Motorsports

(#421)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-20-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
With my Dragy, I can switch it after a log to metric and it shows the 100-200kph. Is that inaccurate since it is “after the fact”.
Never tried that.. Looks like what I'd expect based on the 6.5s 60-130mph, 5.6s 100-200kmh on the 10.31 run.

Burger Motorsports

(#422)
Old

Car: F90 M5
Default 12-25-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Glad you got the cable!

JB4_F90_S63TU_3_T9: Click Here for Firmware -->JB4_F90_S63TU_3_T9.hex

Is the latest one on the first post and page of this thread.

JB4_F90_S63TU_3_T2 is the only firmware currently showing on the first page. Is this the newest one? I don't see the T9 one.
(#423)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-25-2018, 09:21 AM

It is. I renamed them.

Burger Motorsports

(#424)
Old

Car: F90 M5 Comp
Default 02-05-2019, 09:50 AM

Hello. 2 questions.

Any way to make exhaust flaps permanently open?

And

I’m running jb4 map 2 and 3 on my competition with 100 octane fuel. What should I look for in the logs to see if everything is ok?
(#425)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-05-2019, 10:32 AM

On the exhaust flappers not yet, we don't have the commands. We're looking for them though!

Post the logs here and we can confirm all is well. Reading advanced tuning logs is tricky business. Not something we can easily train you on, but there are threads on how to read logs in the N54 log area for example and many of the basic principles are the same.

Burger Motorsports