N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#376)
Old

Car: 2011 CTS-V Coupe
Default 10-26-2018, 06:59 AM

During the event this weekend are you going to do a stock vs tuned comparison to see the delta?
(#377)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-26-2018, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushidopupil
During the event this weekend are you going to do a stock vs tuned comparison to see the delta?
Of course! Terry will be doing some runs in different maps and settings for various testing. That's the most important delta we want to see

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#378)
Old

Default 10-26-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Of course! Terry will be doing some runs in different maps and settings for various testing. That's the most important delta we want to see
I figured, just wanted to make certain! 😎 🚀
(#379)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-27-2018, 08:23 PM

Hey guys,

Just got back from another long hot day racing at shift sector!

I raced our 2018 F90 M5 with JB4 and a BMS prototype intake system. Racing on 50% 91 50% MS109. Overall car ran well, but lost a huge chunk of the day thanks to a random exhaust flange that fell off some junker driving up to the staging lanes. Hit my front tire and popped the crap out of it.

Fortunately there was a tire shop near by and we were able to flatbed the car back to the pits, take off the rim, and get it patched up.

Stock ran 150.5mph, the new map1 (~4psi over stock) ran 155.5mph, and map3 ran 158.9mph. I had planned to spend the day testing higher boost levels but with the hours lost due to the flat wasn't able to make it happen.

Thanks for dropping this in the staging lanes random junker race car:

Name:  junk.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  156.9 KB

Couple shots of the car from my potato camera:

Name:  IMG_20181027_102826204.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  171.6 KB

Name:  IMG_20181027_154312085.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  197.0 KB

Finally, the good stuff. JB4 log on map0 (stock), map1 (4psi additive), and map3 (25psi absoute target).

Name:  map0.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  53.2 KB

Name:  map1.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  51.2 KB

Name:  map3.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  53.5 KB

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#380)
Old

Car: X5 50i F15
Default 10-28-2018, 11:55 AM

Great results. Any other mph passes from comparable competitors?
(#381)
Old

Default 10-28-2018, 12:10 PM

Tough luck on the tire but great results IMO!
(#382)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-28-2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire
Great results. Any other mph passes from comparable competitors?
No. There was one other F90 out there but didn't see if it raced or what it ran if it did. We had a customer out with a PS2 turbo F10 M5 that ran ~165mph at ~28psi just for a comparisons point.

Burger Motorsports

(#383)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe
Default 10-31-2018, 03:31 PM

We're in the middle of installing the JB4 and are unsure which EWG wire goes to the driver side and which to the passenger. The instructions say that the EWG connector with the extra black wire routes to the passenger side yet it's the shorter of the two connectors. Can you advise?

We've placed the JB4 itself on the driver side of the engine bay.

2020 BMW M8 Competition Gran Coupe
(#384)
Old

Default 10-31-2018, 03:58 PM

We proceeded and routed the cables based on cable length--the car threw no errors so I assume we're good.

(#385)
Old

Default 10-31-2018, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride
We proceeded and routed the cables based on cable length--the car threw no errors so I assume we're good.
Road test indicates all good--working like a charm and gobs more power.

NICE!

(#386)
Old

Default 11-02-2018, 05:44 PM

Terry, just curious if you have any comparison data on the new intakes?
(#387)
Old

Default 11-05-2018, 08:07 PM

Has anyone experimented with map 6 to determine what levels of boost the car can maintain traction with in reasonable conditions at the lower RPMs?

(#388)
Old

Default 11-10-2018, 01:22 PM

Wrt/ to the test firmware listed in the first post: should I assume that any firmware listed there is newer than what came in the final-release JB4? I'm trying to determine whether they're simply leftovers from the pre-release/early revision testing or ongoing improvements worth a look if there's something in there appealing.

(#389)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-11-2018, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Wrt/ to the test firmware listed in the first post: should I assume that any firmware listed there is newer than what came in the final-release JB4? I'm trying to determine whether they're simply leftovers from the pre-release/early revision testing or ongoing improvements worth a look if there's something in there appealing.
You'd have to check the firmware version loaded in the read only area, to see what you have, and if you want to update it.

Burger Motorsports

(#390)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-11-2018, 04:27 PM

Name:  F10_F90_BMW_JB4.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  271.4 KB

Had both our 2015 F10 M5 and 2018 F90 M5 out at NFZ this weekend for some half mile action. Managed to get a couple side by side races in the video below! Best trap of the day for the F10 M5 was 167mph @ 27psi (map8), and for the F90 166mph @ 25psi (map3).

Burger Motorsports

(#391)
Old

Default 11-11-2018, 05:08 PM

166mph! Holy cow! Great results!!
(#392)
Old

Default 11-11-2018, 05:42 PM

Great results indeed.

// Bumping
Has anyone experimented with map 6 to determine what levels of boost the car can both achieve and maintain traction with (in reasonable conditions) at the lower RPMs?

(#393)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-11-2018, 05:58 PM

If anything I think you'll want to use boost by gear to limit boost in 1st gear to say 22psi.

Burger Motorsports

(#394)
Old

Default 11-11-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If anything I think you'll want to use boost by gear to limit boost in 1st gear to say 22psi.
So far, I have zero traction issues even from a launch hence the question. I've currently got map 6 progressing from a 19psi start at 1500rpms to 22psi by 3500rpms then 22 from there up.

Boost by gear is set to 0 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd because I've had no reason to constrain it.

Last edited by limeypride; 11-11-2018 at 11:00 PM..
(#395)
Old

Default 11-11-2018, 06:16 PM

Terry, what fuel was the F90 running in the vids? Also, did you bring the draggy and get the 1/4 mile speed on that run? Thanks!

Last edited by Bushidopupil; 11-12-2018 at 05:42 PM..
(#396)
Old

Default 11-17-2018, 05:55 PM

Quote:
I tried the JB4_F90_S63TU_3_T9.hex firmware. It installed properly and seems to work fine for maps 1 and 2. However, map 6 intermittently throw a drivetrain fault. Map 6 is configured at 20psi flat. All other custom settings are at default values.

I can find no other firmware downloads and I wonder if I've actually downgraded my firmware relative to what came pre-loaded on the JB4 unit.

Can I get a link to the recommended latest firmware, please?

(#397)
Old

Car: BMW F90
Default 11-17-2018, 07:42 PM

Terry - This might be off topic but I’m thinking about removing the upper cats. Can the JB4 delete the CEL? I’m in the US...

Last edited by Doctorpitts; 11-17-2018 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: Typo
(#398)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-17-2018, 10:43 PM

Nope, disabled in the USA for legal reasons.

Burger Motorsports

(#399)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-17-2018, 10:44 PM

Quote:
I tried the JB4_F90_S63TU_3_T9.hex firmware. It installed properly and seems to work fine for maps 1 and 2. However, map 6 intermittently throw a drivetrain fault. Map 6 is configured at 20psi flat. All other custom settings are at default values.

I can find no other firmware downloads and I wonder if I've actually downgraded my firmware relative to what came pre-loaded on the JB4 unit.

Can I get a link to the recommended latest firmware, please?
Firmware is in the first post. Sounds like you have the latest loaded.

If you need tuning advice, I'd have to see a JB4 log of what you need advice on. First step when doing custom tuning and having an issue is to post a log of the issue as well as the exact fault that came up.

Burger Motorsports

(#400)
Old

Default 11-17-2018, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Firmware is in the first post. Sounds like you have the latest loaded.

If you need tuning advice, I'd have to see a JB4 log of what you need advice on. First step when doing custom tuning and having an issue is to post a log of the issue as well as the exact fault that came up.
I'm happy to get you the logs once the JB4 can obtain them. I've been working with Payam to replace what we think is a defective OBD II cable that's been blocking any telemetry (beyond the selected map) for a week or so. We had a few issues beyond our control but the cable arrived earlier today--I've yet to install it.

In the meantime, I wanted to double-check that the _T9 firmware that I downloaded and installed from the 1st post is indeed the latest.