N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#326)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-13-2018, 05:32 PM

Don't know but looks like a bearing issue to me too.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#327)
Old

Car: X5 50i F15
Default 09-13-2018, 06:29 PM

Boost generally doesn't kill a turbo. Now shaft speed to get that boost...........
(#328)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe
Wink 09-13-2018, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
A few more hard launches on map3 yielded a sub 3 second 0-60 with Jason@BMS behind the wheel.
I'll be back to M-cars soon I hope so get a move on, Terry LOL

You're getting close to my E63S launch time (EuroCharged ECU tune):

Name:  Tuned 0-60mph.png
Views: 896
Size:  102.1 KB

I'd also like you to make this virtually impossible once I've pulled the trigger on an M5 CP:

Name:  I 8 A M5.jpg
Views: 875
Size:  185.6 KB

My sarcasm aside: great stuff!

2020 BMW M8 Competition Gran Coupe
(#329)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 09-14-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride
I'll be back to M-cars soon I hope so get a move on, Terry LOL

You're getting close to my E63S launch time (EuroCharged ECU tune):

Attachment 79248

I'd also like you to make this virtually impossible once I've pulled the trigger on an M5 CP:

Attachment 79249

My sarcasm aside: great stuff!
Wait till our JB4 comes out for the M177, then you can stack it on your flash

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#330)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-15-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanometer
That looks like a lot of compressor gap and maybe scratches on the housing gap, are the bearings shot?
Turns out this customer was racing a lot on map3 at 7000'+ DA in CO. So likely is impeller speed related. Higher elevation guys may want to stay on map2 until we know if it's a trend or isolated case.

Burger Motorsports

(#331)
Old

Car: 2011 CTS-V Coupe
Default 09-17-2018, 03:27 PM

Terry, do you think or know if the current JB4 beta will work with the comp. pkg?
(#332)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-17-2018, 03:28 PM

We've done a few, logs looked fine. Only seen map1 and map2 so far though. Not looked at race gas map3 yet.

Burger Motorsports

(#333)
Old

Default 09-17-2018, 07:56 PM

Quote:
We've done a few, logs looked fine. Only seen map1 and map2 so far though. Not looked at race gas map3 yet.
Great, thank you!
(#334)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-20-2018, 07:44 AM

Getting quicker! 59F, 100 octane fuel, map3, launch control. Still JB4 only.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#335)
Old

Car: 335i, 2009
Default 09-20-2018, 02:10 PM

Seriously, 107 in the 1/8th? This thing has to be smoking 720S's. Seriously insane! Just checked, looks like a Stock 720S is doing 111, still not far off!

M3 F80 2017 Competition & Carbon Brakes
JB4 ||| H&R Sport Springs

X5 50i 2013 ///M Sport
BMS Stage 1

(#336)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-20-2018, 02:20 PM

We're getting close! The funny part is the car is a total boat. To run these numbers at this weight is really impressive behind the wheel.

Burger Motorsports

(#337)
Old

Default 09-20-2018, 05:41 PM

134.8 is showing big power !
(#338)
Old

Default 09-20-2018, 05:42 PM

Not a 720S contender, but a 991.2 Turbo S is in trouble.
(#339)
Old

Default 09-21-2018, 02:49 PM

Holy Smokes!! So 6.7@107, 10.4@134.8 and 2.7 0-60 with good air, octane and JB4!!!! That is AMAZING!!!
(#340)
Old

Default 09-21-2018, 06:07 PM

So 6 months after the official release (BMS 3.5 months) the F90 is running low tens. Out of curiosity, how many months did the F10 need to run low 10's ?
(#341)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-21-2018, 09:57 PM

The AWD makes it too easy with the F90.

Burger Motorsports

(#342)
Old

Default 09-22-2018, 07:12 AM

Quote:
The AWD makes it too easy with the F90.
Do you have any stock vs various JB4 stages of boost 100 to 200 km/h that you can post ? Stock 991.2 turbo S was 6.8 seconds stock and 6.4 modified. Just how the F90!compares.
(#343)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-22-2018, 02:41 PM

The testing we do is for internal R&D and durability testing. Sorry I don't save 100-200kmh in the app. Jason was doing the runs recently but his app didn't even have 60-130 enabled in it.

Burger Motorsports

(#344)
Old

Default 09-23-2018, 11:01 AM

Any dyno runs with the same setup as the car was running with the 10.4@134?
(#345)
Old

Car: 2014 M5 MT
Default 09-24-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Getting quicker! 59F, 100 octane fuel, map3, launch control. Still JB4 only.

How much faith do you have in that accuracy? 2.6s 0-60? Shouldn't that be a breaking headline news that is plastered all over the internet? lol

You did 2.6s just by brake boosting? How high can you rev it before launching?
(#346)
Old

Default 09-25-2018, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored
How much faith do you have in that accuracy? 2.6s 0-60? Shouldn't that be a breaking headline news that is plastered all over the internet? lol

You did 2.6s just by brake boosting? How high can you rev it before launching?
He stated launch control was used, not brake boosting. Also it says 2.7 0-60, not 2.6.
(#347)
Old

Car: 2016 340i
Default 09-27-2018, 06:35 AM

Curious on a couple of things that I dont see have been addressed anywhere. My plans are to only run map3/custom map for racing only. I do not plan to run it daily. Race gas is not easily available in my area however 93 is. I have used octainium in the past but is methonal a alternative to the higher octane that would be needed and is there currently any support of that on this platform?

2018 M5 | Bone Stock
2016 340ix | M-sport | JB4 | ER D@wnpipe | BMS Intake
(#348)
Old
N54TECH FTMFW

Car: E92 335i
Default 09-28-2018, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rygre
Curious on a couple of things that I dont see have been addressed anywhere. My plans are to only run map3/custom map for racing only. I do not plan to run it daily. Race gas is not easily available in my area however 93 is. I have used octainium in the past but is methonal a alternative to the higher octane that would be needed and is there currently any support of that on this platform?
You can buy a 32oz container of Boostane on Amazon Prime and get it shipped to your door in two days. (You need a 5$ fuel funnel too)

The Boostane mixing chart says to turn 93 into 100 you need ~1oz/gallon of 93.

For racing you shouldn't want a full 20 gal tank anyway (weight) so lets say 1/2 tank or ~10 gallons...

Therefore a 32oz container of Boostane ($30) could last you three 10 gallon mixes....only 10$ per race night. Very cost effective way to get 100 octane equivalent fuel.

After race night is over you fill up with 93 on top and dilute it down to 94-95 octane for regular driving until your next race night
(#349)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe
Default 09-29-2018, 05:19 PM

I read earlier in the thread that the JB4 should work fine for the Comp Pack F90 M5--has that been proven yet by any chance?

2020 BMW M8 Competition Gran Coupe
(#350)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-01-2018, 02:58 PM

So far data has looked fine so you're clear for takeoff! Definitely post some logs here though or email them in so we can continue to monitor.

We've got some higher boost test maps for those running unleaded racing fuel like MS109, for those few of us interesting in pushing things further. Just email me for them for now.

Finally, we've gotten word from some customers that the latest BMW update breaks the code delete function. Similar to BMW's B58 update. We found a work around for the B58 and will adding the same patch to the F90 JB4 next update.

Burger Motorsports