N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old

Car: 2007 335i e92
Default 11-06-2014, 10:39 AM

Does anyone know for sure if 7603527 flash will work for pre 03/07 335i?
(#77)
Old
Legend

Car: 135i
Default 01-02-2015, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic
I have posted this on other forums and finally had the chance to broadcast this on N54Tech.com

This guide is intended for personal use and anything that happens to your car is done soley by your choice.. This guide just provides the instructions on how to flash the software. I do not hold any responsibility if you damage your car.

Alpina B3 Flash DIY using WinKFP

DIY Guide to Flash Alpina B3 Flash:

************************************************** **********************************

WARNING...If you dont know what your doing, dont be brave and blindly go into this advanced flashing of software into the TCU module.. If your not too confident in doing this, either pay someone or just do without it.....WinKFP is a very dangerous tool but yet its awesome and in terms of coding its pretty advanced.. Proceed after reading this warning if you choose to do so...

************************************************** **********************************

This flash will make the transmission run smoother, gear change will be more precise and crisp, rev match downshift is unbelievable, rev limiter is increased and overall driveability is increased. You will have a new indicator for gear selection in D mode which display D1, D2, D3 ,D4, D5 and in DS mode you will see S1, S2, S3, S4, S5 and the same for the M mode. This single flash will make the car change gears more refined and crisp. You will no longer feel the lurching when the tranny shifts and it goes through the gears without even the slightest hesitation. It is indeed a must have flash if you own a E9x with a N54 engine...

This Alpina TCU flash works for model years 3/07 till present N54/N55 engine (some N55 engines which are rare, exhibit the rpms jumping down to zero on each shift but acts normal in every other way..This can be addressed if you update your DME version if you have this erratic rpm issue after flash). If your production date is before 3/07, your out of luck and cant flash your car! Before you attempt this you should have some knowledge in coding and setting software. You need to confirm INPA software is working and communicating with car. If you dont have INPA communicating, dont move beyond this point and go back and do some more research on getting it to work.. There are plenty of DIY guides for setting up INPA, Ediabas, NCSexpert and WinKFP,

You can purchase a proven cable that works...Please dont ask will this one work as it is cheaper if so.. Buy one that is proven and it will save you alot of headaches!

http://www.one-stop-electronics.com/...&product_id=16

Once you have configured your laptop properly with INPA, NCSexpert and WinKFP, you need to download Spdaten 49.3 which I have provided a link to download a condensed form for the strict purpose of this Alpina flash. The link for the SPdaten 53.0 is not the entire version and doesnt have the other data files needed to flash other modules if you need them, this is strictly for Alpina flash which makes the download much quicker...If you have any questions pm me, call or text me 1917-939-4980 or even email me Ccnoner@aol.com if you have any other questions or need assistance to remote flash it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sb0bm1he0j7hto9/53.0.rar

Follow the guide how to import the SPdaten 53.0 data into Winkfp by downloading the PDF I have provided below..Once you have the data imported into Winkfp then you need to configure the Winkfp..follow this

Once Winkfp is configured correctly your ready to begin the flash of your new Alpina B3 software into your car!!

IMPORTANT..For those using Procede or JB4 make sure the tune is set to VALET map 0 before you start the flash..

Here we go:

-Make sure your battery is good if not get a battery charger

-Open drivers door and turn ignition ON (cluster guage on) Basically hit the start button twice without starting car..

-connect cable to obd connector of car

-Load Winkpf software

-Press (F1) comfort mode

-Press (F3) Update ZUSB

-Choose ECU GKE215

-Press (F2) Choose ZUSB

-Choose ECU GKE215 and next to it there will be ZB-Numbers..Find 7615835

-Click ok

-If you have done it correctly so far you will see at the top Assembly Identification number 7615835 (Alpina software ) and it will automatically reference 7591971

-Press (F4) Enter VIN ( make sure you double check you have entered the correct VIN numbers)

-click ok

-Press DONE (F8)

-Press (F3) Program

-Pop up window will say you can code the ECU 63 more times, click ok

-Flashing begins and you will have to wait till it reaches 100% twice..The first bar will finish rather quickly and then another bar progress of 100% will take about 3-4 minutes
the most and it will be completed...

-If everything is done correctly, then you will get a pop up screen saying programming done, click ok

-Shut off car by taking key out. Lock car with key, wait 5 minutes and start the car..If everything works correctly you will not
have any warning signs or check engine lights...Enjoy your newly transformed AT Alpina B3 software

NOTE::::::

For newer build cars after the flash the paddle shifters no longer works...If this is the case you would follow part II of this DIY..

Alpina B3 flash Part II: DIY for NOT-working paddles shifters after flash

Alpina B3 flash Part II: DIY for NOT working paddles after flash

The Alpina B3 flash has been a huge success so far for performance gains as well as fixing many issues that has plagued the N54 platform for years. It has undoubtedly given the performance gains in which everyone could enjoy. The only minor glitch during the flashing was on new model years in which once the car is flashed the paddle shifters now longer worked, unlike the earlier build model years which didn't exhibit this. This was quite bothersome to me so I had to find a fix as it seemed unthinkable it wouldn't work. Here is your solution!

You guys need to use NCSexpert and have the latest SPdaten 49.3 or even 48.1 loaded up to both NCSexpert and Ediabas. There are tons of literature on this so do a search on it. If you not comfortable doing this or the actual coding, you can find a local coder and pay to have this coded....

Warning: If you dont have the Spdaten 48.1 or 49.3 updated correctly into Ediabas and NCSexpert, after doing this coding the car will be Dead and show a gear warning on cluster but this can be fixed by correctly updating the NCSexpert...

************************************************** ****************************************
Here is what you do:

0-Start ignition with cluster lights on

1-Load NCSexpert

2-File Use EXPERTMODE profile and click ok

3-(F1) Vin/ZCS/FA

4-(F3) SG ausw

5-Choose E89 chassis click ok

6-Choose CAS click ok

7-(F6) Back

8-Choose ECU and pick EGS

9-Press F3 (execute JOB)

10-After it says coding ended your done!

11-Close out NCSexpert

At this point 3 things can happen:

**A)There are no errors and the car starts fine and the paddle shifters are working and your happy!

**B)The car starts but then when you drive off, the shifting of gears are all screwy and changing incorrectly.

**C)The car starts but you get the dreaded GEAR error and it wont even go into drive at all..

If you have either B or C then you issue is the update of the Spdaten 48.1 or 49.3 was incorrectly done...Go back and check installation and start again

Reverting back to stock software...

Anyone that wants to go back to stock software for whatever reason, its really simple to do...Follow the same procedure and choose 7601492 as the ZB number instead of the 7615835 (alpina software zb number).

Have fun modding!
'
'
'
'

I've looked in the Data folder (GKE215) of this SP53 daten files, and neither the ZB:7603537 nor the 7601494 (Z4 Sport Flash) are present, but I may be wrong, as I've not found zb: 7615835 neither.

FBO N54 AT 135i 'vert with JB4 and Trebila Performance custom flash

Last edited by trebila; 01-02-2015 at 06:28 AM..
(#78)
Old

Car: e92 335xi
Default 01-05-2015, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebila
I've looked in the Data folder (GKE215) of this SP53 daten files, and neither the ZB:7603537 nor the 7601494 (Z4 Sport Flash) are present, but I may be wrong, as I've not found zb: 7615835 neither.
This is weird, I can't find them either. I can't find the original Alpina file I used in my old laptop (7615835 ), nor can I find 7603537. I just downloaded 53.0 again from the tutorial and they aren't there either. Hmm.
(#79)
Old
Legend

Default 01-05-2015, 06:42 AM

I've just sent a PM to OP, to see if he can update his thread...

(#80)
Old

Default 01-05-2015, 06:48 AM

I did not plug in my cable and look using WinkPF, maybe the software changes the ZB # when it displays? Just searched using Windows file manager. IOW the actual file name maybe is not the ZB number displayed by Winkpf? Noticed several files only differing by one on the last digit. I used this same exact laptop, software, and Daten file set up to flash it originally and have not changed it since. I don't see how the files could disappear by themselves. The stock TCU file isn't even there.

edit: I did find 7591971, maybe that file creates the ZB # options in Winkpf (eg 7615835) and those numbers do not actually correspond to separate file names.

Last edited by ajsalida; 01-05-2015 at 06:57 AM..
(#81)
Old
Legend

Default 01-05-2015, 06:58 AM

OH, OK, so same as me.
I'll check with the cable plugged, but you must be right.

(#82)
Old

Default 01-05-2015, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebila
OH, OK, so same as me.
I'll check with the cable plugged, but you must be right.
Please let us know what you find out, far too cold here to be flashing and the car is sitting outside in the snow

Last edited by ajsalida; 01-05-2015 at 07:10 AM..
(#83)
Old
Banned

Car: 2009 Bmw 335i
Default 01-05-2015, 08:04 PM

anyone having issues flashing this let me know i have all the files i can help you guys remotely or if you live local here in los angeles we can always meet up.
(#84)
Old

Default 01-06-2015, 09:57 PM

I assume this flash is to make the auto shift better and not auto shift before the redline.. Also, will this flash work with a Cobb V3 setup?
(#85)
Old
Banned

Default 01-06-2015, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135droptop
I assume this flash is to make the auto shift better and not auto shift before the redline.. Also, will this flash work with a Cobb V3 setup?

yes and yes it works with cobb , youre pretty much reproggraming the transmission module to a different software
(#86)
Old

Default 01-07-2015, 05:18 AM

It still auto shifts at ~6800 RPM in M mode. There is no way to run an AT to redline as far as I know.
(#87)
Old

Default 01-07-2015, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsalida
It still auto shifts at ~6800 RPM in M mode. There is no way to run an AT to redline as far as I know.
So if that can't be changed, what exactly will this flash do from a performance standpoint?
(#88)
Old

Default 01-07-2015, 06:19 AM

Quote:
So if that can't be changed, what exactly will this flash do from a performance standpoint?
Much faster & sharper upshifts/downshifts, better rev matching, and higher line pressures for holding higher TQ applications. Higher RPM shifts in DS mode, more aggressive overall in M and DS. Also get a nice display of what gear you're in in D and DS.

D kind of sucks as it is more of a high mileage mode, you're in 6th by 40 mph for example, and does not downshift very quickly when you want to get on it. That is the issue being addressed in a related thread with the "old" never released N54 B3 Alpina flash version (7603537) vs the more common one used (7615835). The old version supposedly has a bit more responsive D mode.
(#89)
Old

Default 01-07-2015, 06:23 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. Is there a step by step document I can follow for the windows install and the flash as well as any supporting things I need for it including windows support files? I know we need WinKFP.
(#90)
Old

Default 01-07-2015, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply. Is there a step by step document I can follow for the windows install and the flash as well as any supporting things I need for it including windows support files? I know we need WinKFP.
Read first post in this thread. There are a lot of tutorials out there on setting up Winkpf etc. and configuring various daten files. You'll hve to spend some time googling, these websites change and links go down all the time. It is pretty easy to set up and do. Search here (n54tech), bimmerboost, e90post, bimmerforums, etc. most also have dedicated coding sections but not all the threads are in the coding sections.
(#91)
Old

Default 01-07-2015, 06:40 AM

Crap, I just tried installing WinKPF and it does not support windows 7 pro 64bit..
(#92)
Old

Default 01-07-2015, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Crap, I just tried installing WinKPF and it does not support windows 7 pro 64bit..
Try again and select XP mode for install. This is all laid out in tutorials.
(#93)
Old
Banned

Default 01-07-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
i can help you remotely if you need help installing all the software n files
(#94)
Old

Car: 2007 E92 335i AT (05/07 Build Date)
Default 01-18-2015, 05:22 PM

So in regards to backup the current software, I know it was brought up before. But it seems like it wasn't properly resolved.

How can you check what software you are running on there now? How can you back up that software/return the car to factory settings ? And where is the backup saved?
(#95)
Old
Banned

Default 01-18-2015, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith07
So in regards to backup the current software, I know it was brought up before. But it seems like it wasn't properly resolved.

How can you check what software you are running on there now? How can you back up that software/return the car to factory settings ? And where is the backup saved?
you dont need to back up anything.. ad long as you have the latest sp daten files and data files. you should be able to flash back to anything you want stock,alpina etc... at anytime.. no need to.back up amything.. to see what current file you have on your car you use inpa then click on functional jobs then uif then you should see all your ECU's with their current software number next to it
(#96)
Old

Car: 335I Touring aut. 2010 N54
Default Help needed. - 02-26-2015, 01:16 PM

Hello everybody.

I am new in this game so please be patient if I ask stupid questions or have made many mistakes - thanks 

I have a 2010 N54 E91 335I and i just tried to flash my gearbox with Alpina B3 TCU flash but got this error. (See Photo)

Some suggestions for what could be causing this?

I have not disabled the antivirus or firewalls when flashing. Does it matter you think?

Before my flash attempt, I tried to read out the transmissionsdata via INPA, but I got acces to is.:
BATTERY ON and Ignition ON.

I tried to follow these instructions from this thread.
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20991

First I downloaded Bmw Standard Tools 2.12 as I unzipped

I installed it all
WINKFP version 5.3.1
I then input SPdaten from the limited version (53.0) (through import tab in WINKFP)
Not a full version of SPdaten.
and
All sgdat .IPO files in PABD(through import tab in WINKFP)

All Ecu files (prg.) Is imported P-SGBD (through import tab in WINKFP)

In WINKFP I have chosen K-Line/OBD as interface ?

I use this cable to the connection. Without the extender (What does the extender do, and when should it be used.)
(See Photo)

http://www.one-stop-electronics.com/...&product_id=16

My settings in configuration. (WINKFP) Does it look correct? (See Photo)

I tried to install BMW coding tool but got error. Then I tried the patch, but the program reporting faults and does not starts up at all.
(See Photo)

I hope you can help. Thanks in advance

Anders
Attached Images

Last edited by AndersS; 02-26-2015 at 01:39 PM..
(#97)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 535i Sport
Send a message via Yahoo to Ocean
Default 02-26-2015, 02:05 PM

Make sure the PC is seeing the connection. Power on the dashboard, then click on Device Manager and go to USB Devices. Check that the connection is active. If not try a different USB port on the laptop and cycle the power on and off in the car.
That's the first I would do.
If that all checks out and you have problems with the program itself I can point you to a tech genius who can assist remotely. You would have to comp a bit for the time though.

Sleeper 5 series
Performance: Pro tuned MHD, xHP Stage 3 TCU flash, DCI, AR kittens, ER FMIC & CP, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP w ported rail, RB turbos, RB inlets, KW V2, Mfactory LSD
Audio: Jehnert Flatline speakers, Mobridge M1000 DA2 digital preamp, Helix P-DSP, Zapco Z-150.6 amp, CIC iDrive upgrade
(#98)
Old

Car: 335I Touring aut. 2010 N54
Default 02-26-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean
Make sure the PC is seeing the connection. Power on the dashboard, then click on Device Manager and go to USB Devices. Check that the connection is active. If not try a different USB port on the laptop and cycle the power on and off in the car.
That's the first I would do.
If that all checks out and you have problems with the program itself I can point you to a tech genius who can assist remotely. You would have to comp a bit for the time though.
Thanks for your reply.

I would say that the connection is active.
When trying to connect with the program "INPA" I can see BATTERY ON and Ignition ON.

I think that if I do not get it resolved, I must pay for help with the remote assistance to do the flash.
I just want one even could do it. If possible.

/Anders
(#99)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 04-04-2015, 04:49 PM

I purchased the cable from the link recommended in OP. When I try to flash, I receive the following error: Error in EDIABAS OR IN ECU DESCRIPTION FILE (sgbd) ifh-0003: dATATRANSMISSION TO INTERFACE DISTURBED 10flash

From what I gather, the device installed as COM3 usb in device manager. I installed the drivers from the manufacturer as well. It lights up in the ODB port for about 10 seconds, then dims.

Is my cable bad or do i have something misconfigured?
(#100)
Old

Car: 2013 335i E93
Default 04-05-2015, 02:19 PM

Thanks cn555ic! I have successfully flashed my 2013 335i E93 and my friends 2015 X1 35i. For some reason my 2015 X1 35i would not flash? I got a transmission malfunction on mine and had to recode the car. Only difference between the two are the production dates. Mine was produced 11/14 and his was 1/14. My research shows that something changed in the X1 trans starting in prod 7/14. Anyway, awesome DIY and many thanks for sharing your knowledge. I love this flash!

Garage:

2020 X3M Comp - JB4
2011 X5 50i M-Sport - Dinan Stage 2
2002 M3 6-speed, Euro Cams, RE Exhaust, Intake, Dyno Tuned
2016 i8 - Installed K&N filter. Looking for mods
2015 X1 35i - FBO, Pure S1 Turbo + Meth