N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1276)
Old

Car: 435i M-Sport
Default 08-17-2014, 05:44 PM

Sorry such a dumb question, what's the effect of changing pid gain from 12 to 25?

435i Msport EB, JB4, Michelin Club2, K&N filter, FTP CP, Wagner FMIC, Wagner catted DP, Rieger front spoiler, Mperformance side blade | Diffuser | Exhaust, Bilstein PSS10, 19" Morr VS8.2
(#1277)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-17-2014, 06:35 PM

Actually I'll update the first post. Prefer a lower PID gain and higher FF value in the logs I've seen so far.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1278)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 08-18-2014, 12:49 AM

Terry, I ordered the EWG on your web-site and it's installed but nowhere it's mentioned that I needed the FF wires. If it's always required with the EWG harness why didn't you bundle them?

Count down for F30 335I M-sport delivery: Arrived !!!
(#1279)
Old

Default 08-18-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Actually I'll update the first post. Prefer a lower PID gain and higher FF value in the logs I've seen so far.
What FF value should we set it to?

2008 Jet Black E92 N54, JB4, FBO, Meth
2011 LeMans Blue E92 N55, JB4, ********
2014 Estroil Blue F30 N55, JB4
2018 Mineral Grey F80 M3 - JB4, *********, BMS Intake
ON DECK: 2020 X3 M Competition
(#1280)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-18-2014, 08:52 AM

Doesn't matter it will learn itself as needed.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1281)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-20-2014, 04:41 PM

Hey guys still waiting for more logs to come in on the latest firmware with a pidgain = 10 setting. Keep it rolling. I have some interesting updates planned but want to see the data before making any addl changes.

Burger Motorsports

(#1282)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 08-20-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Hey guys still waiting for more logs to come in on the latest firmware with a pidgain = 10 setting. Keep it rolling. I have some interesting updates planned but want to see the data before making any addl changes.
Terry, I was "offline" the past weeks. When did you put the new firmware? Can i make some logs and post here?

Tks

2014 Estoril Blue Bmw M135i - 8 AT - N55 EWG - Mods:Jb4 - EWG harness - FF wires, ER Charge Pipe, AfePower Momentum PRO 5R Intake System, H2Racing 3.5" CTless Down Pipe, H2Racing 3" full SS Exhaust w/o mufflers, Wagner FMIC, BMS meth kit 100%, H&R springs, RSV Forged 19" wheels. Now with PURE STG2 and PI
(#1283)
Old

Car: 435i
Default 08-20-2014, 06:55 PM

Quote:
(#1284)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-20-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazil m135
Terry, I was "offline" the past weeks. When did you put the new firmware? Can i make some logs and post here?

Tks
For the EWG logs it's easier if you just email them to me. terry@burgertuning.com.

Burger Motorsports

(#1285)
Old

Default 08-21-2014, 10:59 AM

Terry,
Attached 2 logs I just did on PID gain 10 3rd gear from 2.000 rpm. Map 2, c**less dp, bms intake, EWG, 98 RON, 17c

(#1286)
Old

Default 2.6 FW Map 2 - 08-21-2014, 04:49 PM

Hi T ! You requested logs of Map 2 - 2.6 FW with settings as requested - E20 ..... bit wet here today up the road in 4th and into 5th managed a few solid runs tho.

M135I ER Down-pipe & charge pipe ,Milltek full system,Wagner Performance Intercooler AFE Stage 2 Intake Pure stage 1 Turbo & Quaife LSD
(#1287)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-21-2014, 04:52 PM

Perfect guys, I think I have what I need now. I'm working with a couple guys who have noticed a little wobble or stutter at very low throttle cruising along. Might be during slight throttle position changes. If anyone else has encountered that and can capture it on a log it would be useful. Thx.

Burger Motorsports

(#1288)
Old

Car: 435i
Default 08-21-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Perfect guys, I think I have what I need now. I'm working with a couple guys who have noticed a little wobble or stutter at very low throttle cruising along. Might be during slight throttle position changes. If anyone else has encountered that and can capture it on a log it would be useful. Thx.
FWIW, I was running PID gain of 25 on 91 octane in Map 1 and 96ish (100 octane mix) octane on Map 2, and now 91 octane back on Map 1 with PID gain set to 10 as of two days ago. Not a single hiccup with any combination.
(#1289)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-21-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4
FWIW, I was running PID gain of 25 on 91 octane in Map 1 and 96ish (100 octane mix) octane on Map 2, and now 91 octane back on Map 1 with PID gain set to 10 as of two days ago. Not a single hiccup with any combination.
Ours runs great too. The key with these things though is accounting for all the variables. Modified exhausts, different climates, different trans types, sport mode settings, driving styles, etc. It can be a real headache to ensure every possible situation is tuned perfectly.. But it's a labor of love.

Burger Motorsports

(#1290)
Old

Default 08-21-2014, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Terry,
I had that for a couple of days only cruising on the highway with a steady throttle around 2.500 rpm but haven't felt it the last week. The strange thing is it went away if I changed from comfort to sport +. I thought it was due to different gas as it started after I added 102 RON - I'm back on 98 RON and it's gone.

(#1291)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-22-2014, 03:58 PM

You guys may find this interesting: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26504

Burger Motorsports

(#1292)
Old

Default 08-22-2014, 04:26 PM

Awesome Terry !! In % how much fuelling can the stock pumps roughly handle in % targeting richer mixtures ?

M135I ER Down-pipe & charge pipe ,Milltek full system,Wagner Performance Intercooler AFE Stage 2 Intake Pure stage 1 Turbo & Quaife LSD
(#1293)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-22-2014, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddy74
Awesome Terry !! In % how much fuelling can the stock pumps roughly handle in % targeting richer mixtures ?
I don't know exactly... Right now fuel pressure is dropping at higher boost levels causing more than one variable to change as I evaluate the fueling limits. To further development on that front I'll be installing a 255 inline soon.

The long and the short of it, I think, is with pump gas or race gas this AFR enrichment method (adding say 1pt to the AFR) will be OK to 400rw on the OEM fuel pump... And with 30-40% E85 it probably only up to 370whp. But, with the E85 I suspect EGT data will show no need for the richer targets. And with an inline fuel pump all numbers may go up. In a perfect world we'd be able to get AFR say 1/2pt richer using 50% E85. That may not be possible though without a back end flash map.

Burger Motorsports

(#1294)
Old

Default 08-22-2014, 10:40 PM

Ok thanks Mate !! im sure you will keep all informed.
Quote:
I don't know exactly... Right now fuel pressure is dropping at higher boost levels causing more than one variable to change as I evaluate the fueling limits. To further development on that front I'll be installing a 255 inline soon.

(#1295)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-23-2014, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHEELPROO
please read carefully me csv setting and all data included
Wrong forum... Log read requests go in the support forum.

Burger Motorsports

(#1296)
Old

Car: f30
Default 08-24-2014, 01:03 AM

Ok sorry but i want you ( terry please to reply me )
Please
(#1297)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 08-24-2014, 07:22 PM

So the general recommendation at this point in time (for EWG, N55, F22) is PID = 10?

Should we be expecting a firmware update soon? Expected changes... driveability, performance, both?
(#1298)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-24-2014, 08:12 PM

Yes, stay with PID = 10. Will have an update to post soon.

Burger Motorsports

(#1299)
Old

Default 08-24-2014, 10:54 PM

Great stuff terry
(#1300)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-25-2014, 10:03 AM

Hey guys,

Posted 2.8 in the first so I can get some logs and data in on it.

v2.8 Firmware

1) Additional changes to the PID/FF logic. Will require FF to relearn when loading so ignore the first few logs post update. Pidgain = 10 is suggested.
2) Changes to low throttle mapping.

Burger Motorsports