N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#626)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-31-2014, 09:53 AM

As a reminder any support request posts are deleted from this thread. Make them in the support section if needed.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#627)
Old

Car: 2012 BMW 335I F30
Default 03-31-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
As a reminder any support request posts are deleted from this thread. Make them in the support section if needed.
Ah dammit now I gotta re-type it all out again. I'll do it after work when I can spark a fat J then lol

I know this will be deleted
(#628)
Old

Car: 2014 335i M-Sport
Default 03-31-2014, 02:06 PM

Does anyone have a pic of the N55 electronic waste gate? Thanks.
(#629)
Old

Default 03-31-2014, 02:36 PM

Here's a picture of the JB4 EWG harness right next to the EWG connector. The camera was next to the shock tower pointed down and towards the front of the car.

As you can see, it's really tight in there, so getting the plug right is a pain. Car has to be cold to work in there.

By the way, this is an MT M235i; it's even tighter AT cars (less access from above).
Attached Images

(#630)
Old

Default 03-31-2014, 06:48 PM

Thanks! Wow. I hope it is really worth it after all said and done.
(#631)
Old

Default 03-31-2014, 08:16 PM

I'm very happy with my M235i. With the JB4, it's all gravy. Terry is, as always, the man.
(#632)
Old

Car: F31 328XI N20 03/2013
Default 04-01-2014, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Just pop the hood and check it. It's easy to visually identify.

We'll be testing this new electronic control at the no fly zone half mile race this weekend. Hopefully it performs as expected!
Hey Terry.

How was your performance @No fly zone 4 with electronic wastegate?
Did you only tested it at Jasons 435i or also on some N20 engines?

Is there a way to test it at my car or to order the wiring harness?

Im not really lucky with my performance at higher speed levels at the moment.

F31 | 328XI | N20B20A | 03/2013 | JB4 Stage 2 | Map 2 | FF Wires | 4" DP | Wagner Comp FMIC | Pipercross drop in | OCC | KW V2
Bid assistance in Germany for troubleshooting, coding, alpina flash, ecu tuning etc.
(#633)
Old

Default 04-01-2014, 07:02 AM

So is there really any point in installing the flex fuel wires and running E85 on map 7? I am late to the party.
(#634)
Old

Car: m235i
Default 04-01-2014, 08:53 AM

Quote:
I make ~600rw through the OEM catback on our 2008 135i. So I'd pass unless you want the sound or weight savings.
terry i heard in the forum that the newer n55 doesnt like e85. is that true? can i run 50/50 or 40/60 safely in the new m235i with flexfuel wires?

Jeff
(#635)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-01-2014, 08:56 AM

The electronic wastegate N55 does not appear to be E85 friendly. We're still evaluating that though.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#636)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-01-2014, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerFan
So is there really any point in installing the flex fuel wires and running E85 on map 7? I am late to the party.
Electronic wastegate cars should not run higher than map 2 on the current firmware. E85 use is questionable. As more people log the cars we'll have more data to draw conclusions from.

Burger Motorsports

(#637)
Old

Default 04-01-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Electronic wastegate cars should not run higher than map 2 on the current firmware. E85 use is questionable. As more people log the cars we'll have more data to draw conclusions from.
Got it! I'll refrain from installing the FlexFuel wires for now and stay my a** on map 2 until further notice. Thank you.
(#638)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 04-01-2014, 12:28 PM

Terry, the ewg Control is done? Were can I get the wires?

2014 Estoril Blue Bmw M135i - 8 AT - N55 EWG - Mods:Jb4 - EWG harness - FF wires, ER Charge Pipe, AfePower Momentum PRO 5R Intake System, H2Racing 3.5" CTless Down Pipe, H2Racing 3" full SS Exhaust w/o mufflers, Wagner FMIC, BMS meth kit 100%, H&R springs, RSV Forged 19" wheels. Now with PURE STG2 and PI
(#639)
Old

Car: 2014 435i M-Sport
Default 04-02-2014, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kongen71
I ordered the USB cable but it wasn't included ;-) waiting for delivery. can I maybe use the USB from a previous jb4 stage 3 n54 installation? Same cable?
Same thing happened to me. I just received it last night and I'm missing USB cable. Sent them an email to them. Anyone else have this problem?
(#640)
Old

Car: m235i
Default beta testing - 04-03-2014, 09:20 AM

terry,
are you looking for more testers? id be happy to help
(#641)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-03-2014, 09:33 AM

We're OK on that front for now. Lot's of data to pour over to continue to refine the control, but not as much spare time as I'd like to do it. We're training a new BMS employee currently which should take a little load off Jon's & my shoulders to free up more development time.

Burger Motorsports

(#642)
Old

Car: 435i 6mt msport
Default 04-03-2014, 08:24 PM

Destroyed a 335is today. Map two is
(#643)
Old

Car: BMW 320i
Default 04-05-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
The electronic wastegate N55 does not appear to be E85 friendly. We're still evaluating that though.
What about the EWG N20? Does it like E85?
Do you have many 320s out testing the wg control?
(#644)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-06-2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoac14
What about the EWG N20? Does it like E85?
Do you have many 320s out testing the wg control?
The 320i EWG loves E85. But is limited to around 275whp due to fueling and other considerations.

The 328i EWG does not like E85 at all unfortunately.

Burger Motorsports

(#645)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 04-06-2014, 12:28 PM

Where is the connector going to go on F30 N55? You mentioned it was a pita to access. Want to prepare myself for this install.

2008 Jet Black E92 N54, JB4, FBO, Meth
2011 LeMans Blue E92 N55, JB4, ********
2014 Estroil Blue F30 N55, JB4
2018 Mineral Grey F80 M3 - JB4, *********, BMS Intake
ON DECK: 2020 X3 M Competition
(#646)
Old

Car: X1 n20
Default 04-06-2014, 02:04 PM

How does the n20 pneumatic solenoid handle mixtures of e85?

2015 M235i Track Edition (1 of 50 in Canada)
-Custom ProTuningFreaks BM3 Tune (PTF Developer team)
-Dinan CF Intake, wrapped in gold heat tape from -Golidlocks Automotive.
- ER Charge pipes (H & C)
- GoFastBits Diverter valve
- MeaganRacing Solid Rear adj. upper Camber arms
- H&R Springs
- Dinan bumpstops
(#647)
Old

Car: BMW 320i
Default 04-06-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
The 320i EWG loves E85. But is limited to around 275whp due to fueling and other considerations.

The 328i EWG does not like E85 at all unfortunately.
Terry, can you tell us more about these limitations?
Did you have the chance to test the ewg control with er *********?

Thanks
(#648)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-06-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoac14
Terry, can you tell us more about these limitations?
The DME logic and fuel systems with the newer models are not supporting E85 like the previous ones used too. Almost all of the 2012 and older models support E85 mixtures. Only some of the 2013 models do. And almost none of the 2014 models do. Down the road perhaps some break through will be made but at the moment it's looking like race gas or meth kits going forward.

Burger Motorsports

(#649)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-06-2014, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYC
How does the n20 pneumatic solenoid handle mixtures of e85?
Reasonably well. A few blown N20 motors due to weaker rods when getting over 23psi. But that is more about the power levels.

Burger Motorsports

(#650)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-06-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoB
Where is the connector going to go on F30 N55? You mentioned it was a pita to access. Want to prepare myself for this install.
There are photos in this thread.

Burger Motorsports