N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3851)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 3.3TT
Default 11-23-2020, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto
Having issues with WOT. I recently installed the EWG wires thinking it would help, but they didn't. Pulls fine when pedal isn't depressed 100%. Even quick WOT stabs don't result in the orange trans light of shame. But, holding WOT for several seconds definitely results in stutters, CEL, rough idle/acceleration until I turn the car off.

Would've gotten a longer run, but don't want to break anything.

Map 2 (fuel wires and EWG wires)
93 Octane (Exxon, no winter gas in lower VA)
Intake, secondary *****, *** back, Jonny Tig merge pipe
Denso 5346 w/ ~12k miles on 'em (just ordered 5347s)
I might suggest going with the 2 step colder plugs gapped to .022 and no wider. See if that solves your problem.

2018 GT2 AWD
(#3852)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 11-23-2020, 03:19 PM

Just FYI, the cables aren't doing anything unless you're messing with the duty cycles.... just putting on the cables has no effect on the car positive or negative.
edit.. I'm not sure what Terry's response was on the other post but I think I see a disparity between Trims, check your fuel wires, one might not be making good connection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto
Having issues with WOT. I recently installed the EWG wires thinking it would help, but they didn't. Pulls fine when pedal isn't depressed 100%. Even quick WOT stabs don't result in the orange trans light of shame. But, holding WOT for several seconds definitely results in stutters, CEL, rough idle/acceleration until I turn the car off.

Would've gotten a longer run, but don't want to break anything.

Map 2 (fuel wires and EWG wires)
93 Octane (Exxon, no winter gas in lower VA)
Intake, secondary *****, *** back, Jonny Tig merge pipe
Denso 5346 w/ ~12k miles on 'em (just ordered 5347s)

Last edited by AWDGT2; 11-23-2020 at 03:25 PM..
(#3853)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT2
Default 11-23-2020, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stung
I might suggest going with the 2 step colder plugs gapped to .022 and no wider. See if that solves your problem.
Already on order. That, plus the 2580 chip, should help...or more troubleshooting will commence.
(#3854)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT2
Default 11-23-2020, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
Just FYI, the cables aren't doing anything unless you're messing with the duty cycles.... just putting on the cables has no effect on the car positive or negative.
edit.. I'm not sure what Terry's response was on the other post but I think I see a disparity between Trims, check your fuel wires, one might not be making good connection.
I presume you mean the EWG harness? I adjusted the settings according the instructions in the EWG harness thread.
(#3855)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-23-2020, 06:27 PM

Quote:
The default EWG settings allow the EWG cables to do their job, no customized settings are needed or in most cases even suggested.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3856)
Old

Car: 2020 Stinger
Default 11-23-2020, 08:02 PM

Can someone help with the fuel wire ADAPTER for the 2.0 stinger? Is the signal wire to puncture the RED, OR the black wire on position 2?
http://imgur.com/a/ncQ1eJc

this is a screenshot of what i'm talking about.
(#3857)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-25-2020, 10:57 AM

Black wire on spot2 for the 2L. Red wire for 3.3L and 1.6L.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3858)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT1 2019
Default 11-29-2020, 06:43 PM

did a pull Map3 & Map4. 4.50 gallon of e85 on 93.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M4_R1_201129_165648.csv (13.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: csv P21_M3_R1_201129_163810.csv (18.2 KB, 24 views)
(#3859)
Old

Car: 2018 Genesis G80
Default 12-01-2020, 08:57 AM

Does anyone know where I can get a workshop manual for changing the plugs on my 2018 Genesis G80? Local shop wants over $400. I’m going to tackle it myself.

Running on Map 1 currently with stock plugs. It really wakes this thing up. Can’t wait for 2 step plugs and map 2 on 93.
(#3860)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-01-2020, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldony
did a pull Map3 & Map4. 4.50 gallon of e85 on 93.
Looks fine to me! Boost, timing, and AFR all solid. You probably meant to have FUA = 0 to log timing pull rather than raw timing.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#3861)
Old

Default 12-03-2020, 05:46 AM

Terry,

Anything I need to pay attention to when doing a data logging run? Is it helpful to do a pull from low end to 60 for example? Or just turn it on and drive?

Thank you!
(#3862)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-03-2020, 01:46 PM

Usually a 40-100 pull on a safe private track has all the info you need to evaluate the tuning. If there is some specific reason for it you can always do a 2k to redline 4th gear pull too to check out low end stuff.

Burger Motorsports

(#3863)
Old

Car: Stinger gt
Default 12-03-2020, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Over Everything
Does anyone know where I can get a workshop manual for changing the plugs on my 2018 Genesis G80? Local shop wants over $400. Iím going to tackle it myself.

Running on Map 1 currently with stock plugs. It really wakes this thing up. Canít wait for 2 step plugs and map 2 on 93.
There is tones of information including videos and pictures on the kia stinger forum to learn how to do the plugs. That is assuming you have the same 3.3t engine. Looks hard but takes probably about 1.5 hours to two hours your first time. From then on 45 min and thats with being an armature.
(#3864)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 Sport
Default 12-04-2020, 07:15 PM

I just bought a used jb4 and it has to unlink from the previous owner but when it send an email from the app it says unable to attach file, does this mean you will be unable to unlink the jb4 from the previous owner?
(#3865)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 Sport
Default 12-04-2020, 07:17 PM

Also, can I use map 1 with fuel wires without regapping the spark plugs?
(#3866)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 12-05-2020, 01:35 PM

Which map is valet map? First page says map 8 but dyno runs say map 4. Thanks for the help!

Never mind! I finally see there is a search thread function......

Last edited by Badley13; 12-07-2020 at 09:40 AM..
(#3867)
Old

Default 12-05-2020, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickledpie
Terry can comment but i've been doing so for about two weeks with stock plugs with no problems. I do have the 2 step plugs which I will install before going to Map 2 and 93 Octane.
(#3868)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 12-08-2020, 08:39 AM

I haven’t been able to find this yet in this thread but does anyone have any recommendations for the boost drop settings? I’m on map 3, RWD, e30, and bms intakes but when I go to do a dig (with and without launch control) im just sitting there spinning wheels. I also have the boost drop set to 5 and 1 for 1st and 2nd
(#3869)
Old

Default 12-09-2020, 09:22 AM

Terry, I installed the fuel wires with positaps but only plan on using Map 1 and 2. Are they doing anything for me or do they only come into play with E or Meth?
(#3870)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 12-09-2020, 09:37 AM

They absolutely affect every map, the more the boost, the more they come into play. E or Meth has nothing to do with them directly...
(#3871)
Old

Default 12-09-2020, 11:50 AM

Quote:
They absolutely affect every map, the more the boost, the more they come into play. E or Meth has nothing to do with them directly...
Good to know! I will keep them installed then and may buy the harness for easy removal.
(#3872)
Old

Car: Stinger gt
Default Air filter oil amount kia stinger - 12-10-2020, 07:56 AM

Does anyone know how many grams of oil need to be applied to the bms intakes on the 3.3 kia stinger filters? They appear to be S and B filters but I did not see a part number to look up the proper oil amount? Thanks
(#3873)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-10-2020, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickledpie
Many do, but our official suggestion is always to regap first. I think the newer cars are better about factory gaps than our 2018 was. Which had wild differences plug to plug from the factory.

Burger Motorsports

(#3874)
Old

Car: Stinger 3.3T
Default 12-11-2020, 01:26 PM

Terry, at what point is a 2-step colder plug beneficial. When do you know you will benefit from it?

JB4 - Denso 5346 - AEM Intake - VT Snorkels - Snow WMI - NGT Primaries - JUN BL Mid-pipe w/200cell HFCs & EVC c@t-back - Radium OCC x2
(#3875)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-11-2020, 01:54 PM

Normally for people looking to max out performance or who have had issues with blowing out a 1 step plug we suggest them. I actually still have the 1 step in ours currently, never had a problem with them.

Burger Motorsports