N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#576)
Old

Car: m235i
Default 03-20-2014, 09:58 PM

I hope this is the right place to ask about f22 m235i questions as well. I'm been reading through most of the thread and theres a lot of good stuff.

-When first installing jb4, does it come with the latest software? I have a mac and no pc.

-it seems as the maps have been changed. which map is recommended for a m235i. I just have an intake and a jb4. want to squeeze out most of the power safely. i have heard for m235i, we can run map2 safety because we run high boost stock???

-and just to be sure, does the f30 instructions carry over to the f20? I have a manual and it says i need to splice into a diff set of wires.

-reading this post i saw that manuals can't see what map were on. do i need to always monitor what map i want to be in through a computer and just switch back and forth between 2 maps?

-does in dash boost reading still work?

thanks!

Last edited by kerm1t; 03-20-2014 at 10:06 PM..
(#577)
Old

Car: F30 335i
Default 03-21-2014, 04:47 AM

This is such sad news!!!

What about us with pneumatic solenoids?

20whp is a ****load of power

Surely you can add some of the tweaks for us pneumatic solenoid guys?
(#578)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-21-2014, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorak
Terry - Why do you say that "Those with 320 models will definitely want it." Does it allow us to run more boost on our Stage 1's?
On the 320i due to limitations with how the DME set we're still globally limiting boost to around 10psi over stock, which is more than double the stock boost, but the connector allows more boost and better control than without it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#579)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 03-21-2014, 07:48 AM

Any ETA?

2014 Estoril Blue Bmw M135i - 8 AT - N55 EWG - Mods:Jb4 - EWG harness - FF wires, ER Charge Pipe, AfePower Momentum PRO 5R Intake System, H2Racing 3.5" CTless Down Pipe, H2Racing 3" full SS Exhaust w/o mufflers, Wagner FMIC, BMS meth kit 100%, H&R springs, RSV Forged 19" wheels. Now with PURE STG2 and PI
(#580)
Old

Car: BMW 320i
Default 03-21-2014, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
On the 320i due to limitations with how the DME set we're still globally limiting boost to around 10psi over stock, which is more than double the stock boost, but the connector allows more boost and better control than without it.
Terry,

Is this new wg control any better than the previous one?
I mean that one you were able to take control over the 320is wg but ended up no working on N55s.

If any improvement was made, what can we expect to have enhanced over the last dyno run with the old wg control?

What exactly is stopping you from raising the boost to 328 levels?
Is there any way to overcome this issue?

Thanks
(#581)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-21-2014, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoac14
Terry,

Is this new wg control any better than the previous one?
I mean that one you were able to take control over the 320is wg but ended up no working on N55s.

If any improvement was made, what can we expect to have enhanced over the last dyno run with the old wg control?

What exactly is stopping you from raising the boost to 328 levels?
Is there any way to overcome this issue?

Thanks
This new approach is working well at least in preliminary testing. We hope to do some 328i electronic solenoid dyno before and after the change soon to quantify the changes there.

On the 320i power is more or less peaked at the 280whp range on E85 due to the higher compression and much higher advance targets programmed in to the DME. It's possible on straight race gas more power can be had on the 320i but we've not tried for it yet.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#582)
Old

Car: F30 320i
Default 03-21-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Thanks Terry! Will we need the stage 2 for the 320i to take advantage of this, or is this something we can add on to a plain jane (no flex fuel wire) Stage 1?
(#583)
Old

Car: BMW M135i
Default 03-22-2014, 06:13 AM

I hope this is the right place to ask about f22 m235i questions as well. I'm been reading through most of the thread and theres a lot of good stuff.

-When first installing jb4, does it come with the latest software? I have a mac and no pc.

You will probably need to download the latest firmware update from this site, I also have a mac and use parallels which is essential imo.

-it seems as the maps have been changed. which map is recommended for a m235i. I just have an intake and a jb4. want to squeeze out most of the power safely. i have heard for m235i, we can run map2 safety because we run high boost stock???

You can try map2 but I suspect it will be safer to use the standard map1 if you dont have a DP. Not sure the M235 runs higher boost, its only quoted a few more hp over the M135i and mine saw 330bhp in stock form on the dyno

-and just to be sure, does the f30 instructions carry over to the f20? I have a manual and it says i need to splice into a diff set of wires.
I dont have a manual so cant comment here.

-reading this post i saw that manuals can't see what map were on. do i need to always monitor what map i want to be in through a computer and just switch back and forth between 2 maps?
You can select the map via your laptop (why a PC or Parallels with be essential) and the turn it on or off via the steering wheel. You wont be able to see which map you have chosen but you should feel the difference enough to know.

-does in dash boost reading still work?
AFAIK not on the N55

thanks!
(#584)
Old

Car: E90 335 M Sport
Default 03-22-2014, 07:01 AM

Anyone have any success with using the first and second gear boost limit settings on the F30?
I entered into values 8 PSI First and 10 PSI for second GEAR then I did a couple logs and I noticed it wasn't working, specifically at WOT.
(#585)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 03-24-2014, 06:45 AM

When setting jb4 to map 0 for dealership, do I need to change the open fuel loop back also?
(#586)
Old

Car: 2014 335xi
Default 03-24-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smolik
When setting jb4 to map 0 for dealership, do I need to change the open fuel loop back also?
Map 0 disables the JB4 so I'd assume you don't have to change it.
(#587)
Old

Car: BMW 335i LCI E90
Default 03-24-2014, 01:29 PM

Terry please email me some info. I'm looking to get as close as possible to 400whp on my 335i e90 2011. I currently only have a cobb V3 so please advise me what I need to do and to get to my goal. Thanks again.
(#588)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-24-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMBMW
Terry please email me some info. I'm looking to get as close as possible to 400whp on my 335i e90 2011. I currently only have a cobb V3 so please advise me what I need to do and to get to my goal. Thanks again.
The JB4 w/ E85 maps will get you as close as you can get with the OEM turbo.

Burger Motorsports

(#589)
Old

Car: M135i Hatch F21
Talking Map2 / M135i F21 - 03-24-2014, 02:08 PM

Hi Terry,

now i have switched from Map1 to Map2 ( without DP ), i have the K+N Airfilter, Wagner Boostcooler and the Performance Exhaust. The Car runs on Map2 very fast, it is a big difference to Map1

Do you think the Map5 there is in Progress, have more Boost as the Map2?

thx + sunny regards from Germany!
Chipsy
(#590)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-24-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipsy
Hi Terry,

now i have switched from Map1 to Map2 ( without DP ), i have the K+N Airfilter, Wagner Boostcooler and the Performance Exhaust. The Car runs on Map2 very fast, it is a big difference to Map1

Do you think the Map5 there is in Progress, have more Boost as the Map2?

thx + sunny regards from Germany!
Chipsy
The performance will depend greatly on the octane used. On 100 RON you can probably get by with map 2 on an otherwise OEM car. Best to post logs in the support section if you want someone to look over the details for you though.

On releasing an F30 map 5, it's definitely on our radar. We're also working to finalize the F30 electronic solenoid control.

Burger Motorsports

(#591)
Old

Car: F06 N55 640i Gran Coupe
Default 03-25-2014, 05:47 AM

Hi Terry, can I check with u which map will be the best for me while I have the list of mod here.
Pure turbo Stage
JB4 S2
BMS intake
DP
Supersprint catted bk system
CP
Meth kit
Custom FMIC
Race Gas

Thanks.
(#592)
Old

Default 03-25-2014, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andym3100k
Hi Terry, can I check with u which map will be the best for me while I have the list of mod here.
3/2013 N55 640i
Pure turbo Stage1
JB4 S2
BMS intake
DP
Supersprint catted bk system
CP
Meth kit
Custom FMIC
Race Gas

Thanks.
Pls help to shine some light.
(#593)
Old

Car: 2013 active hybrid 3
Default 03-25-2014, 09:16 AM

just installed.....2013 AH3

JB4 next

thanks BMS
(#594)
Old
N54TECH FTMFW

Car: E92 335i
Default 03-25-2014, 02:18 PM

I would be interested in seeing a dyno graph from a Jb4 AH3...any interest in getting one done?
(#595)
Old

Default 03-25-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser330
I would be interested in seeing a dyno graph from a Jb4 AH3...any interest in getting one done?
sure.....after I get the JB4

do you have a shop that has one? if so where are you located?
(#596)
Old
N54TECH FTMFW

Car: E92 335i
Default 03-25-2014, 02:43 PM

I think Terry has access to one.

Shamefully, as much as i like seeing the data, I have never gone myself...

...I am just interested in seeing the power and torque differences with the added electrical power.
(#597)
Old

Default 03-25-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser330
I think Terry has access to one.

Shamefully, as much as i like seeing the data, I have never gone myself...

...I am just interested in seeing the power and torque differences with the added electrical power.
I'm in FL....bit too far from Terry LOL

I too am curious, will get one done eventually
(#598)
Old

Default 03-26-2014, 04:34 AM

Hi All N55, can I check what kind of boost level do u get on map7 with JB4 STAGE2?
Don't know why I got only about 12 to 13psi on map7. My car is a 3/2013 N55 F06 640i with all the mod that needed to reach that level.
Thanks in advance for yr input.

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
FULL CF Add On All around, Gloss/Matt Custom Wrap
JB4 Stack On BM3/MHD ECU tune, Upgraded S2 Turbo
Custom Cold Air, Dual nozzle charge pipe
SSP 900 Clutch kit, Custom Spoiler
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
SS DP n FULL Custom Exhaust
Custom BC forge 18/17 set up
Brembo Gt 380mm F&R/ 355mm F&R
(#599)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Coupe
Default 03-26-2014, 07:53 AM

Sorry if this has been covered already but any ideas on when the extra wastegate control harness will be packaged together with the "off the shelf" JB4 and thus available to the standard consumer? Or is this planned to be something that will always be purchased separately?

2008 335i Coupe 6 speed (sold)
2013 328i M Sport 6 speed
(#600)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-26-2014, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbBoost
Sorry if this has been covered already but any ideas on when the extra wastegate control harness will be packaged together with the "off the shelf" JB4 and thus available to the standard consumer? Or is this planned to be something that will always be purchased separately?
It will always be an add on similar to the FlexFuel connector.

Burger Motorsports