JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2014 BMW 335i xDrive M-Sport
Default Log Review - High FF/WG Adaptation, Drivetrain Malfunction, P00BD, etc. - 05-05-2020, 08:28 PM

Hey guys,

First and foremost, I appreciate any help or guidance given for my situation as I am quite new to the engine modification game.

I've had this JB4 module for the past 5+ years installed on my 2014 BMW 335i xDrive, built on 11/2013 (which should make this an EWG model). Currently have 72,000 miles and I have only used Map 1 for the past 5 years, only until recently I had changed to Map 5 due to new parts I recently purchased and installed:

- Injen Cold Air Intake
- Evolution Raceworks Chargepipe (Intercooler to Throttle Body only)
- Wagner Tuning Intercooler
- VRSF ******* ********
- Remus Axle-Back Exhaust

After installing all the parts, I ended up flashing my DME with the (JB4 MHD Backend Flash) using the JB4_F_EWG_PUMP_10.bin flash. I also updated my JB4 firmware to JB4_F_EWG_17_T10.hex and switching my JB4 map to Map 5. I did a few pulls in 3rd and 4rd and everything seemed fine and dandy.

Then last week while driving, I had a CEL for P00BD (MAF "A" Circuit Range/Performance Flow Too High). Went home, looked it up and sounded like I might have had a boost leak somewhere. On my way to the shop, the CEL disappeared and hasn't returned. Looked around, reseated the chargepipe on the throttle body as I thought that might have been the culprit, but didn't see any visible leaks.

Then I noticed sometimes under heavy throttle usually in 4th or 5th gear, I feel a quick small loss in power and the JB4 boost gauge no longer will exceed half the boost gauge (fuel level gauge). Wasn't too sure if this is considered the vehicle pulling timing or cutting off boost.

Today, I got a Drivetrain Malfunction. When checking ISTA+, I found the fault "Charging Pressure Control, plausibility Pressure too high" and "Charging Pressure Control, Switch-off as consequence," with the Service Test plan to examine the Hot film air mass meter. I also found "Air mass, plausibility: Air mass too high" and "Air mass system, plausibility: calculated air masses in the air intake system not plausible." The malfunction disappeared after restarting and it behaved normally, but this does not seem normal.

Also, when checking the JB4 User Adjustments, I saw FF / Wastegate Adaptation was set to 150. I set it back to 60, did a couple pulled, and it gradually and quickly made it's way back up to 150. Not sure if that is normal or expected.

I'm not sure if there is something wrong with a hardware component on my vehicle, as everything seemed totally fine until I installed these parts and switched to Map 5. I keep seeing posts recommending things like buying a DV, BOV, Turbo-To-Intercooler Chargepipe, new MAF senser, etc. But I figure I should probably attached my logs and explain my exact situation before dropping money on parts I may not need.

Attached are logs of a 2nd gear shift to 3rd gear pull, a full 3rd gear pull, a 3rd gear to 4th gear pull, and a full 4th gear pull. These pulls are done on Map 2. If another set of pulls are needed on a different map, I can totally provide them. But at this point, I could really use any advice or help with next steps.

I'd really appreciate any input and feedback as I am very new to this and unfortunately, pretty worried. Thanks guys!

By the way, only on 93 Octane Pump fuel. JB4 is connected only TMAP, MAP, and OBDII connectors.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2nd_to_3rd.csv (4.6 KB, 155 views)
File Type: csv 3rd.csv (6.1 KB, 154 views)
File Type: csv 3rd_to_4th.csv (7.7 KB, 158 views)
File Type: csv 4th.csv (8.2 KB, 157 views)

Last edited by Halsifer; 05-06-2020 at 11:00 AM.. Reason: Clarifications
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 05-05-2020, 08:52 PM

Hey,

So looked at the logs, it does look like FF crept back up each pull.

What did you newly install?

Bump your FOL up a bit, try 70

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 05-05-2020, 08:55 PM

I newly installed all five of these components about 2-3 weeks ago.

- Injen Cold Air Intake
- Evolution Raceworks Chargepipe (Intercooler to Throttle Body only)
- Wagner Tuning Intercooler
- VRSF ******* DP
- Remus Axle-Back Exhaust

As well as the BEF right after the install.
(#4)
Old

Default 05-06-2020, 10:48 AM

Set my FOL to 70 and reset my FF/Wastegate Adaptation to 60. Attached are new logs, in order from the first to ninth run.

After these runs on Map 5, FF/Wastegate Adaptation still went up towards 150, sitting at 145 right now.

Any thoughts on these logs?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 1_3rd.csv (7.0 KB, 140 views)
File Type: csv 2_2nd-3rd.csv (5.1 KB, 135 views)
File Type: csv 3_3rd.csv (7.0 KB, 143 views)
File Type: csv 4_4th.csv (9.2 KB, 141 views)
File Type: csv 5_1st-2nd-3rd-4th.csv (9.0 KB, 140 views)
File Type: csv 6_3rd-4th.csv (8.6 KB, 144 views)
File Type: csv 7_3rd.csv (7.0 KB, 144 views)
File Type: csv 8_3rd.csv (6.3 KB, 145 views)
File Type: csv 9_3rd.csv (7.0 KB, 149 views)
(#5)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-06-2020, 06:38 PM

Bump fol up to 90

Get me 1-2 more logs

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Default 05-07-2020, 11:06 AM

Attached are new logs, in order from the first to last run. I did Map 5 runs first. Then a couple Map 2 runs.

Set to Map 5 with FOL at 90 and reset FF/Wastegate Adaptation to 60.
Then set to Map 2 with FOL at 90 and reset FF/Wastegate Adaptation to 80.

After the runs on Map 5, FF/Wastegate Adaptation still went up to 150.
Map 2 had FF/Wastegate Adaptation crept up to 100, but I only did 3 pulls.

Further thoughts?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 1_M5_90_3rd-4th.csv (8.0 KB, 149 views)
File Type: csv 2_M5_90_3rd.csv (7.7 KB, 154 views)
File Type: csv 3_M5_90_3rd-4th.csv (7.9 KB, 143 views)
File Type: csv 4_M5_90_1st-2nd-3rd-4th.csv (10.1 KB, 139 views)
File Type: csv 5_M5_90_4th.csv (9.6 KB, 145 views)
File Type: csv 6_M5_90_3rd.csv (6.4 KB, 141 views)
File Type: csv 7_M5_90_3rd.csv (7.1 KB, 149 views)
File Type: csv 8_M5_90_3rd.csv (8.2 KB, 140 views)
File Type: csv 1_M2_90_3rd.csv (6.0 KB, 147 views)
File Type: csv 2_M2_90_3rd.csv (8.2 KB, 151 views)
File Type: csv 3_M2_90_3rd.csv (7.4 KB, 146 views)
(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-07-2020, 10:18 PM

What fuel?

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old

Default 05-08-2020, 01:14 AM

I only use pump 93 octane.
(#9)
Old

Default 05-10-2020, 12:29 AM

Any thoughts as to what I should be doing next after posting those logs from Map 5 and Map 2 with FOL set to 90 while running on 93 octane?