JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#26)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 03-24-2020, 06:21 PM

I’d drop down to map 1-2, 20+’psi is really pushing it on just pump.

Can u get e85?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335i
Default 03-25-2020, 09:55 AM

Yeah, there are a few stations nearby where I can get it. I'll pick some up.
(#28)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-25-2020, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terix
Yeah, there are a few stations nearby where I can get it. I'll pick some up.
Yeah letís see how things look wirh some e

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#29)
Old

Car: 2013 E92 335i xDrive
Default 03-27-2020, 11:18 AM

Your DME is still locked? MHD unlocked the MEVD1726 a couple months ago.

2013 E92 335i XDrive
JB4, MHD E85 BEF, EOS PI, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, XHP Stage 3, XDelete Sport, 3.5 Bar TMAP, VRSF 7 HD IC, GFB DV+, VRSF D/P, VRSF CP, PE Mod, ST V1 Suspension.
(#30)
Old

Default 04-01-2020, 06:47 PM

No, my DME isn't locked anymore since I found out that MHD found a way to unlock the MEVD1726.

I put in 6 gallons of E85 today, the rest is 93 octane. I've got an additional 15 gallons of E85 in cans as well so I'll be able to do more testing (it's only a 20 minute drive to the station when I need more).

I'll try to get some map 2 logs for you tomorrow Dave.
(#31)
Old

Default 04-02-2020, 05:46 PM

Here's some map 2 pulls with roughly 35% E85 and the rest 93 octane. Trims don't seem any different still.
Attached Files
File Type: csv JB4_Logs_Map2_040219.csv (35.8 KB, 176 views)
(#32)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-03-2020, 06:19 AM

Can I see map 1 as well?

Is this with 6 gallons of e still?

Let’s also do an lambda reset in MHD

Burger Motorsports

(#33)
Old

Default 04-03-2020, 08:09 AM

I'll do the lambda reset and get some more logs for you later. Those logs are with the 6 gallons of E85 and the rest 93 octane that I mentioned earlier.

2013 E93 N55 335i | AT (xHP Stage 3)
Pure Stage 2 | DV+ | Pure Inlet | JB4/MHD BEF
Phoenix Racing PI Intake Manifold w/ 750cc injectors | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP
BMS 7.5" FMIC + 3" J Pipe | BMS Intake
VRSF DP and CP | N20 TMAP Sensor
BMS WMI Kit
(#34)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-03-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:
I'll do the lambda reset and get some more logs for you later. Those logs are with the 6 gallons of E85 and the rest 93 octane that I mentioned earlier.

Burger Motorsports

(#35)
Old

Default 04-05-2020, 07:51 PM

Here are some map 1 logs after performing the lambda reset.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-04-05_Map-1.csv (46.4 KB, 171 views)

BMS WMI Kit
(#36)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-06-2020, 08:53 AM

Still don’t like the trims / AFR

How old is that sensor?

Burger Motorsports

(#37)
Old

Default 04-06-2020, 09:26 AM

I'm assuming the O2 sensors are still the ones that came with the car. I bought it used 2 years ago and haven't changed them.

BMS WMI Kit
(#38)
Old

Default 04-06-2020, 12:04 PM

I'm going to try resetting the adaptations using INPA as some people have stated that resetting using MHD or JB4 didn't work for them, but INPA did.

BMS WMI Kit
(#39)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-06-2020, 05:53 PM

Quote:
I'm going to try resetting the adaptations using INPA as some people have stated that resetting using MHD or JB4 didn't work for them, but INPA did.
Keep me posted & monitor after the reset.

If still wonky- youíll want to replace

Burger Motorsports

(#40)
Old

Default 04-13-2020, 11:30 PM

So I've been doing a lot of testing and monitoring over the past week. To start, I don't think the O2 sensors are a problem. I monitored them and their voltages under multiple conditions and they are behaving normal. They have a proper oscilations and the voltages match up to what a new one would rate at.

I've cleaned the MAF and TMAP sensors, both looked good though. I checked various clamps and fittings at the chargepipe, FMIC, and intake areas. All of them were good and I didn't notice a vacuum leak anywhere from what I could tell. I may get a smoke test done regardless just to be 100% sure.

I've been testing multiple maps to see variations between them. Yesterday and today I messed around with map 6 (fuel is around E35 right now) as that is something I haven't tested. I got a some small logs yesterday where values were looking better, but today I actually got my longest pull yet and trims/AFR look better than any previous log it seems. I'm not sure if it's because of the meth/E35 or the fact that the longer pull allowed the system to stabilize.

In your opinion, what are optimal values I should be looking for AFR and other things? I've been doing research on the matter and others seem to be in the 12/13 range for AFR. Terry's logging and parameter thread says around 12.5:1 and ignition advance should be dish shaped with a value of 6-8 degrees (which I seem to have). My HPFP is also not crashing under WOT, even with E35.

However, I'm here for any advice I can get. I'm just trying to avoid replacing parts that might not be bad if possible.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 04:13:2020_Map6-E35_LongerPull.csv (9.4 KB, 172 views)

BMS WMI Kit
(#41)
Old

Car: BMW 335 N55
Default 04-14-2020, 07:42 AM

Quote:
So I've been doing a lot of testing and monitoring over the past week. To start, I don't think the O2 sensors are a problem. I monitored them and their voltages under multiple conditions and they are behaving normal. They have a proper oscilations and the voltages match up to what a new one would rate at.

I've cleaned the MAF and TMAP sensors, both looked good though. I checked various clamps and fittings at the chargepipe, FMIC, and intake areas. All of them were good and I didn't notice a vacuum leak anywhere from what I could tell. I may get a smoke test done regardless just to be 100% sure.

I've been testing multiple maps to see variations between them. Yesterday and today I messed around with map 6 (fuel is around E35 right now) as that is something I haven't tested. I got a some small logs yesterday where values were looking better, but today I actually got my longest pull yet and trims/AFR look better than any previous log it seems. I'm not sure if it's because of the meth/E35 or the fact that the longer pull allowed the system to stabilize.

In your opinion, what are optimal values I should be looking for AFR and other things? I've been doing research on the matter and others seem to be in the 12/13 range for AFR. Terry's logging and parameter thread says around 12.5:1 and ignition advance should be dish shaped with a value of 6-8 degrees (which I seem to have). My HPFP is also not crashing under WOT, even with E35.

However, I'm here for any advice I can get. I'm just trying to avoid replacing parts that might not be bad if possible.
your logs are very confusing, you're shifting all over the place.
a proper log is 3000 rpm to 6000 rpm, 3rd gear and 3rd gear only, no shifting. See the attached log for example, my log.

for AFR, it should start 14.7 at 3000 rpm then goes rich to 12.7 at 6000 rpm, if you're running the BMS BEF
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200320_052258_runs(1).csv (5.0 KB, 170 views)
(#42)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-14-2020, 07:45 AM

Thank you ^

This. I agree with not wanting to spend unneeded $, however we really have no way to pinpoint anything outside of logs, and your logs are kind of all over/ don’t provide the best meaningful data

Burger Motorsports

(#43)
Old

Default 04-14-2020, 09:00 AM

My bad, I'll get some better data.

BMS WMI Kit
(#44)
Old

Default 04-19-2020, 03:57 PM

Here are three logs, properly done this time. Trims are still high, so I'll probably need to start replacing parts (starting with the O2 sensor). Let me know what you think.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200417_201319_Map1.csv (11.3 KB, 172 views)
File Type: csv 20200416_211022_Map2.csv (9.0 KB, 176 views)
File Type: csv 20200416_201349_Map2.csv (9.6 KB, 170 views)

BMS WMI Kit
(#45)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-20-2020, 05:01 PM

Timing corrections across multiple cylinders & the trims are stil really high.

Is this with the e35 still?

Burger Motorsports

(#46)
Old

Default 04-21-2020, 07:29 PM

It's around e15-e20 as I topped off my tank with 93 at the time.

BMS WMI Kit
(#47)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-22-2020, 12:16 PM

Drive around a bit, put some miles on it & let’s see how the car adapts.

The octane mix is likely the cause of the timing / trims

Burger Motorsports

(#48)
Old

Default 05-04-2020, 11:43 AM

Here are logs for a map 1 and 2 pull after driving around on just 93 for 2 tanks.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200502_200940_runs(1)_Map1.csv (9.7 KB, 168 views)
File Type: csv 20200502_201041_runs(1)_Map2.csv (10.6 KB, 161 views)

BMS WMI Kit
(#49)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-05-2020, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Here are logs for a map 1 and 2 pull after driving around on just 93 for 2 tanks.
Reviewed both logs, few timing corrections on both, but to be expected with just 93.

Given the trims, and 93, overall map 1 looks cleaner than 2

Burger Motorsports

(#50)
Old

Default 05-05-2020, 09:02 PM

So do you think I should still look at replacing the O2 sensor since the trims are high? Something seems off still. I have gotten a code a couple times over the past few weeks that puts the engine into limp mode.

2906 - Intake air system: Suspicion of leaks between turbocharger and intake valves.

The weird thing with the code is that each time it occurred was while getting onto the interstate with light acceleration while in 5th or 6th gear. Yesterday I also had one rough start (engine was relatively warm still) where the car almost stalled. These issues seem to occur randomly though which is really throwing me off.

BMS WMI Kit