JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2007 e92 335i
Default Fairly violent jerk on WOT - JB4 log attached - 08-20-2021, 11:42 AM

Hey all,

I just bought a 2007 e92 335i about a month ago, it's manual, 136,000 miles, and has a build date of late 2006 (so an early MY2007 e92). It's my first BMW, so first N54. I am having some issues now that I hope I can get come clarity on:

First of all, I have Carfax and receipts of water pump, both turbos, and 'seals and gaskets' (I assume that's oil pan and valve cover gaskets) being replaced, along with a BMW recall and fix of some type of faulty wiring to the radiator fan. The car had a P0036, bad rear 02 sensor when I got it, that was replaced and no codes after that. No report of injectors or HPFP going out OR being replaced yet. No indication of walnut blast but I'm scheduling one soon. I don't know how old the injectors are but those will be changed soon as well.

The car has:
JB4 on map1 (but I have it on map5 for this log) (came with)
BMS DCI's (came with)
Circuit Werks *** back (came with)
BMW cowl filters
ECS Tuning chargepipe w/ HKS style BOV
I have VRSF intercooler and inlets to install but won't until I figure this issue out)

I recently installed an ECS chargepipe with "HKS" style BOV. The lower chargepipe to intercooler coupler was very short and I had a heck of a time getting it to install correctly.

After installation, at WOT, I blew the coupler off. Babied it home and bought another, longer, coupler. I just installed the JB4 bluetooth adapter, and the car came with a JB4. I updated the Firmware and have the app displaying on a android tablet.

I ran codes today, and it showed a 3100 and 2ABC codes. Note: I didn't clear codes AFTER the intake coupler blew off. I cleared those today, after installing another coupler.. which is still pretty short (Im going with another CP I think, the fitment is kinda trash on the ECS). So I didn't realize, until now, that I was in some type of limp mode - must have been due to the chargepipe blowing off??

After I cleared them, I did a few low-mid range pulls and on a WOT pull it get a fairly violent jerk and noticeable hesitation.. which I then get out of the throttle. I was afraid to do so again.

What I've noticed ( and may be due to my lack of N54 knowledge):
- AFRs seem lean at part throttle, minimal boost (14-15.2 afr)
- When I had the stock CP and DV's on, it seemed to WOT without these issues
- Maybe I messed up the MAP? the ECS CP has a leak/just bad install?

Thank you for all and any help. I am continously reading through threads and online knowledge databases about this car/engine but there is a lot to get through and tuning is another subject. Any direction would be great! - Brandon
Attached Files
File Type: csv P32_M5_R6_210820_1218.csv (58.5 KB, 113 views)