JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 135i
Default MHD= no cruise control - 05-18-2016, 05:55 AM

Would someone give me the steps to getting cruise control working again after the MHD backend? Going on a longer trip this weekend and would like to have it. I understand that I need to change the BIN but I'd appreciate it if someone would break it down a little more Barney style for me.
(#2)
Old
Legend

Default 05-18-2016, 06:35 AM

you're certainly EURO whereas BMS backend flash are US, and it could disable cruise control.

you need to copy paste all the defined values from the BMS flash to your stock flash, and cruise control will work again.

FBO N54 AT 135i 'vert with JB4 and Trebila Performance custom flash
(#3)
Old

Default 05-18-2016, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebila
you're certainly EURO whereas BMS backend flash are US, and it could disable cruise control.

you need to copy paste all the defined values from the BMS flash to your stock flash, and cruise control will work again.
I'm actually US so I don't know but regardless is there a certain program that I need to download to edit it? Also, do I need to remove MHD completely or will editing the map I want to use with MHD already installed then flashing it on be enough?

Thanks for the help
(#4)
Old

Car: 08 535ix
Default 05-18-2016, 10:02 AM

have you disabled traction control? cruise doesn't work with the dtc light on

'08 535xi 6m, ACT 6 Puck Race Clutch / AR Design DP's / AFE Twin Power DCI / VTT Inlets / VRSF CP / TIAL BOV / Big Tom style IC / Fuel-It Stg2 LPFP / NGK 5992's @.022 / N20 T-Map / MHD Flash....100% e85 @24psi on stock snails!
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-18-2016, 10:06 AM

For the 135i models the posted BEF maps are made from 335i BINs. Do you'd need to copy the changes over to a 135i BIN to get cruise working.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Default 05-18-2016, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
For the 135i models the posted BEF maps are made from 335i BINs. Do you'd need to copy the changes over to a 135i BIN to get cruise working.
Right now I have the Race BEF loaded. Can I just transfer the info to a copy of my original BIN and flash it? Or do I have to remove MHD completely then flash it? I just don't know if there is a difference between the first flash that takes 40 minutes and the subsequent flashes that take 2 minutes with regard to this.

Thanks
(#7)
Old

Default 05-18-2016, 12:57 PM

Also is there a simpler way to do the edit? There are a lot of parameters to copy over.
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-18-2016, 04:24 PM

You'd have to copy them all over using a current XDF. Someone made a video on how to do it years ago. Might be around linked somewhere still.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9)
Old
Enginerd

Car: 2009 135i
Default 05-18-2016, 04:28 PM

Thought I share:

I tested this today on my 01/09 build 135i 6MT, and with the MHD PUMP BMS backend, my cruise control still works. So it doesn't seem to be affecting all 135i, just some.

--2009 BMW 135i--2016 Nissan Titan XD (Turbo Cummins ISV)--2016 VW Tiguan 2.0Tsi --1988 Beechcraft Bonanza--Suzuki GSX-R 1000--Honda CBR-600RR--

JB4 G5 ISO | MHD | E85 | Fuel-It S3 LPFP / PI | MFactory S3+ Clutch / SMFW / LSD / Mounts | Diff Lock | UUC Tranny Mounts | DwnPipes / Exhaust / FMIC | Chargepipe / Tial | KW V3s | HR Sways | HPA full M3 Suspension | BMS DCI / Oil Cooler Valve / Cowl Filters / 4bar / 2Step / OCC | RB PCV | Stri Gauges | Pole Position 225/265 | Installing: DR 6466ST
(#10)
Old

Default 05-18-2016, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayock
Thought I share:

I tested this today on my 01/09 build 135i 6MT, and with the MHD PUMP BMS backend, my cruise control still works. So it doesn't seem to be affecting all 135i, just some.
Mine's a 1/08 build with the race BEF. I have a buddy with an 09 on the pump BEF. I'll have to ask him if his works. I've seen a lot of people say that their CC only works with traction control active but mine has always worked with it on or off. I might just try to switch to the pump BEF for the trip to the beach and then over to race once I get down there if that will get me CC.
(#11)
Old

Default 05-18-2016, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You'd have to copy them all over using a current XDF. Someone made a video on how to do it years ago. Might be around linked somewhere still.
I got the XDF and accessed everything in Protuner. It just looks like it will take a lot of time. I'll have to do it some other time if I have to copy and paste it that way.
(#12)
Old

Default 07-04-2016, 11:50 AM

I'm dealing with a very similar issue, uploaded a JB4 pump BEF via MHD on my 08 135i and no cruise control. JB4 iso with the latest firmware, using the connect kit to control it.
(#13)
Old

Default 07-08-2016, 06:25 PM

Bump.. Any better solution to this??
(#14)
Old

Default 07-09-2016, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Mart7
Bump.. Any better solution to this??
I didn't get mine working yet but it's the same issue on 18AOS 135i's, basically 2008s. My friends 2009 with IJEOS doesn't have the issue.
(#15)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-10-2016, 08:41 PM

We have a 2008 with ijeos and don't have the issue. Update your ROM.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#16)
Old

Default 07-11-2016, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
We have a 2008 with ijeos and don't have the issue. Update your ROM.
Sorry to sound like a noob here but could you walk me through it or direct me somewhere that does?? I'm not sure if it matters but remember this is a 135 not a 335
(#17)
Old

Default 07-12-2016, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Mart7
Sorry to sound like a noob here but could you walk me through it or direct me somewhere that does?? I'm not sure if it matters but remember this is a 135 not a 335
If you have an early 08 with MSD80 it won't help.
(#18)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-12-2016, 09:11 AM

Haven't heard of it being an issue on the 135i. We have a 135i with IJEOS, manufacture date of 5/08.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#19)
Old

Default 07-12-2016, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Haven't heard of it being an issue on the 135i. We have a 135i with IJEOS, manufacture date of 5/08.
I thought it was most 08s but it's early 08's, something like March cutoff from MSD80-81 DME. I've also found that the 2step works well on my buddies MSD81 but not on mine or another friends MSD80.
(#20)
Old

Default 07-12-2016, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSnakeman
I thought it was most 08s but it's early 08's, something like March cutoff from MSD80-81 DME. I've also found that the 2step works well on my buddies MSD81 but not on mine or another friends MSD80.
My build date is 03/08. Not exactly 100% sure on how to check which exact DME is in the car for sure. As you can tell, I am new to the MHD & JB4 world
(#21)
Old

Default 07-30-2016, 03:33 PM

Bump this up again.
(#22)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-31-2016, 06:24 PM

Have you tried clearing all codes with a BT?

(#23)
Old

Default 08-03-2016, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Have you tried clearing all codes with a BT?
Yes. Still a no go.
(#24)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-03-2016, 06:00 PM

Cruise doesn't work on our 2008 135i. It's because the posted BEF is from another build. I'd have to move them over to the original to fix it. But the build we use is from the 335 model which allows cruise to work properly for all those, and some newer 135s too, without having the make the change.

Burger Motorsports

(#25)
Old

Default 08-03-2016, 08:38 PM

Sorry if I'm not understanding correctly but the BEF is for 335's and works fine on 08 135I's outside of the cruise control. If that's the case, is there a chance that there will be an 08 135i specific flash that would allow us to keep cruise?
If not is there another similar flash that allows the 08 to keep the cruise control? I understand if it is a possible conflict of interest if it is a competitor but I figured I would ask anyways.

Regardless, thank you for the response here and my other log thread.