N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#101)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 07-11-2014, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Average will compute using the lowest one at the moment. Which may or may not be the best way to handle it. One option would be to truly take the "Average" of all cylinders. Since the autotuning algorithms were based off cyl1 data only we'll need to reevaluate. Lots of logs using map 5 and the 2-6 timing enabled would speed that process along.
Here are my first Map5 cyl loggin with 30% E85 and *********
(#102)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 07-11-2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSomeE92
I'm noticing Cylinder 5 to be the noisier cylinder as well. Not sure what that means, though, as the car still pulls hard.
Yep. All the logs, cylinder 5 is the most noisy for me. I don't know if it is the noise from the pvc valve or what.

2008 e93 MODS: BMS JB4 G5 ISO, bms trunk, RB PVC, Lukeperformance flash, mount meth kit, OCC, ******* ********, VRSF 7" FMIC, charge pipe, DCI, Alpina flash,
(#103)
Old
ex deus machina

Car: E92 N54 335i
Default 07-11-2014, 09:31 AM

Questions

What overall improvements can we expect?

Do you need a back end flash to run this new firmware?

If one already has a back end flash, wasn’t it already monitoring all cylinders? If yes, was it just not relaying this information to the JB4? I was under the impression that all flash based tunes were monitoring individual cylinder, is this not the case with BB flash?

Will there be any improved meth integration; say boost additive will be cut due to a single cylinder knock?

Daily: G30 M550i JB4
Winter Beast: Audi S4 4.2L V8, Supercharger, brakes, suspension & exhaust mods
Wifes': F15 M50d clone, DUDMD tune, WMI, MPPK front & 50i rear brakes, M50d grill and trim
Gone: E92 N54 468wtq
(#104)
Old

Car: '09 E92
Default 07-11-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHECKERED
Questions

If one already has a back end flash, wasn’t it already monitoring all cylinders? If yes, was it just not relaying this information to the JB4? I was under the impression that all flash based tunes were monitoring individual cylinder, is this not the case with BB flash?

Will there be any improved meth integration; say boost additive will be cut due to a single cylinder knock?
A flash merely adjusts the parameters in the ECU, and the ECU monitors ignition and pulls timing if knock is detected. The JB4 used to only monitor ignition timing on cylinder 1. This was the value it reported in the logs and, I'm guessing, used for the auto-tuning functions. Now you can log all 6 cylinder ignition values and this will help with fine tuning the car as you can have a more complete picture of the health/happiness of the engine while running a particular set of tuning parameters.

I would imagine that the new ability to log the ignition timing in all 6 cylinders will lead to changes in the auto-tuning logic and the safety features built into the JB4.

335i Coupe: E85 BB flash, JB4 G5 ISO (map 7), DCI and 60% E85 blend: 11.7 @ 120 mph.

Former Best with JB4 (G4, map 5) DCI and 40% E85 blend: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe: 12.173 @ 109.490 MPH
(#105)
Old

Default 07-12-2014, 06:36 AM

Today i make another raw timing log and you can see all cyl knock is a good thing..

But i found out that cyl 6 don´t read data
I tested CPS on 1 (i8a0s timing corrections) and only Shows me cyl 1
Attached Images

Last edited by basti335i; 07-12-2014 at 06:47 AM..
(#106)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-12-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basti335i
Today i make another raw timing log and you can see all cyl knock is a good thing..

But i found out that cyl 6 don´t read data
I tested CPS on 1 (i8a0s timing corrections) and only Shows me cyl 1
That is odd on cyl6. Try with the latest version we posted.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#107)
Old
Sua Sponte

Car: 13 335is
Default 07-13-2014, 12:58 PM

Will this work on the 335is(ILAOS)?

'13 LMB 335is DCT | MHD/BQ Tuning |
(#108)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-13-2014, 01:41 PM

It should. Try it!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#109)
Old

Car: One
Default 07-16-2014, 10:42 AM

Terry, is the "BETA" JB4 G5 ISO 28 firmware on THIS post the same as on the "N54 G5 ISO Firmware & Notes" post (http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17441)?
(#110)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-16-2014, 10:42 AM

Yes

Burger Motorsports

(#111)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 07-18-2014, 08:35 PM

I'm I8A0S and cyl 4 seems to be the noisiest for me. I've swapped injectors, plugs and coils and nothing seems to make a difference. Could try a compression test or valve cleaning but I'm not sure that's going to help.

Anyone else seeing it on 4?

07 E92 335I | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS E85 Flash | DCI | BMS *** | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCU Flash | Walbro GLS392 | E70 | 429rwhp/474rwtq

(#112)
Old

Car: 09 E92 SG
Default 07-18-2014, 08:40 PM

I'm having the same issue with cyl 4

----------------------------------------------------
14 F30 335xi AT- Built Closed-Deck N55, SpeedTech Stage 3 w/ BW-8374C, MHD Flash, xHP Flash, E85, AFE Intake, VRSF 6" Race FMIC, VRSF CP, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP and PI
----------------------------------------------------
16 Audi S6 - APR Stage 2 ECU/TCU flash, APR Exhaust, SRM Intakes
(#113)
Old

Car: 335is DCT
Default 07-18-2014, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL335
Will this work on the 335is(ILAOS)?
Yes works fine. Set CPS_7000 to 6 and make sure you have the latest 28hex and JB4 interface.
Attached Images

335is DCT
(#114)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2014, 03:22 PM

w00t!

Burger Motorsports

(#115)
Old

Default 07-20-2014, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorsprung_CJB
When I run the setup.exe for the new interface it says 'Not a valid win32 application' so I just ran the manifest directly to install it. It said .Net 4.0 was required so I installed that and updated it. Was able to install and run the application and connect to the JB4, but if I tried to run the update firmware it gives an exception. There is an option to continue but I didn't want to try it and risk a bad FW load. The older interface now gets the same error as well even though it is .Net 2.0 based. This is an older WinXP laptop I use for JB4 and coding.

Edit: Nevermind I guess, the latest regular interface does this too. I guess I was running an even older one. Must be a PC problem.
I seem to be in the same boat.... Have .net 4.0 loaded on my NetBook running windows xp and it won't launch the installer with the same error...

|RB old gen|Jb4 G5|3" DP's|ER Competition Cooler|ER Charge pipe|Tial BOV|CM Meth Kit|Dual nozzle setup|BMS cowl filters|AFE intakes+scoops|
|BMS low temp oil thermo|MHD flash + coding|HnR Springs|M3 Control arm kit + H&R + Koni|LED Angel eyes+plate lights
(#116)
Old

Car: E92 335i 6MT
Default 07-20-2014, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHECKERED
Questions

The car is always monitoring knock on all cylinders, the jb4 just was never able to see that information or log it before. But yes all flashes, even stock, monitor this data, now you get to see it and adjust your overall tune in response.

It's beneficial for those with octane deficiency, like those on pump without meth or E85 who wish to really optimize their tune. As for single corrections, I wouldn't get to upset about a single correction. The sensors will pick up engine noises and all kinds of things and you'll get small corrections, it's when you get multiple corrections that you have an issue imo.
(#117)
Old
ex deus machina

Car: E92 N54 335i
Default 07-21-2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8bait
The car is always monitoring knock on all cylinders, the jb4 just was never able to see that information or log it before. But yes all flashes, even stock, monitor this data, now you get to see it and adjust your overall tune in response.
thanks, good to know

are we done with beta testing?

Daily: G30 M550i JB4
Winter Beast: Audi S4 4.2L V8, Supercharger, brakes, suspension & exhaust mods
Wifes': F15 M50d clone, DUDMD tune, WMI, MPPK front & 50i rear brakes, M50d grill and trim
Gone: E92 N54 468wtq
(#118)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Car: 135i N54
Default 07-21-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kish2604
I seem to be in the same boat.... Have .net 4.0 loaded on my NetBook running windows xp and it won't launch the installer with the same error...
It looks like Terry compiled the setup.exe and possibly the rest of the app in 64-bit now. I borrowed my 64-bit work laptop and it installed and ran perfectly using the setup.exe. I can get it installed on the old XP one using the other method but it crashes in the firmware update menu, it might work fine for just logging though, will have to test some time.
(#119)
Old

Car: 07 335i sedan
Default 07-22-2014, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basti335i
...I tested CPS on 1 (i8a0s timing corrections) and only Shows me cyl 1
I tested the same thing and could not log all cylinders. Only cylinder 1. Is this expected or is there another change I need to make?

Thanks in Advance,

-Scott

FBO (-meth), JB4 and RBs.
(#120)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-22-2014, 08:16 AM

Timing would be cps7000 = 4 for i8a0s.

Burger Motorsports

(#121)
Old
Super Demigod

Car: 335i
Send a message via AIM to themyst
Default 07-22-2014, 10:40 AM

Will this firmware work for those using the Cobb BMS flash? I've been out of the loop so long!

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#122)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-22-2014, 10:42 AM

Yes!!

Burger Motorsports

(#123)
Old

Car: 07 335i sedan
Default 07-22-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Timing would be cps7000 = 4 for i8a0s.
Does this mean we can't log on all 6 when timing correction is enabled?x

FBO (-meth), JB4 and RBs.
(#124)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-22-2014, 12:54 PM

The first post has the setup options

Burger Motorsports

(#125)
Old

Default 07-22-2014, 02:12 PM

Will this interface work on older g4 integrated boards?

Also any chance of making it 32 bit compatible?

|RB old gen|Jb4 G5|3" DP's|ER Competition Cooler|ER Charge pipe|Tial BOV|CM Meth Kit|Dual nozzle setup|BMS cowl filters|AFE intakes+scoops|
|BMS low temp oil thermo|MHD flash + coding|HnR Springs|M3 Control arm kit + H&R + Koni|LED Angel eyes+plate lights