N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1876)
Old

Car: G20 330i, F25 X3, B9 SQ5, C7.5 A7
Default 09-28-2020, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omargfeliciano
If I remove my JB4 will my car go back to stock?
I have a 2021 Mini GP and it feels better without the JB4.
I have milltek down pipe, boost and charge pipe, full JCW catback with valve, Mishimoto intake.
Any recommendations?
Yes. It will (or should). Why don't you try mailing logs to the BMS support team? They'll help dial it in.

Current:
2020 BMW 330i xDrive
2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
(#1877)
Old

Car: Mini Cooper GP 2021
Default 09-28-2020, 11:31 AM

I have already sent them to Terry, I will do new logs and send them again because I am getting that is running lean.
(#1878)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 09-29-2020, 07:47 PM

Hi Terry,

Can you add info for T17 firmware to the first post? I'm curious about the FF adjustments made and if they have an effect when using BEF (bit 6 enabled) and PWM active. I haven't noticed an issue, just curious what all the new changes do. Thank you.

AFE Drop-in Filter
BMS Meth Kit (100% M1)
Muffler Delete
CA 91 Piss Gas...
(8oz Boostane 95ish Oct)
E85 (3Gal/Fill)
BEF (Race_WMI)
JB4 (Map 7 - Add 65... 20-21psi)
(#1879)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-29-2020, 08:26 PM

All firmware and firmware notes is posted in the app now, and for data cable guys the website interface linked in the first post.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1880)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 09-29-2020, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
All firmware and firmware notes is posted in the app now, and for data cable guys the website interface linked in the first post.
Understood... Can you add a little more detail then? Some of the changes are vague in their statements. I'm not asking for a novel. Some simply don't make sense as to what they offer/improve.

AFE Drop-in Filter
BMS Meth Kit (100% M1)
Muffler Delete
CA 91 Piss Gas...
(8oz Boostane 95ish Oct)
E85 (3Gal/Fill)
BEF (Race_WMI)
JB4 (Map 7 - Add 65... 20-21psi)
(#1881)
Old

Car: 2017 540i
Default 10-01-2020, 09:47 AM

Can I run either of these maps if I live in Cali and need to use 91 instead of 93?

Map4: Absolute target map with peak of 20psi target (93+ and/or E30 octane) suggested for higher boost models like G chassis, Supra, and Z4. EWG required for proper control.
Map5: Absolute target map with peak of 22psi target (E30+ fuel) suggested for higher boost models like G chassis, Supra, and Z4. EWG required for proper control.
(#1882)
Old

Default 10-01-2020, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sema_540i
Can I run either of these maps if I live in Cali and need to use 91 instead of 93?

Map4: Absolute target map with peak of 20psi target (93+ and/or E30 octane) suggested for higher boost models like G chassis, Supra, and Z4. EWG required for proper control.
Map5: Absolute target map with peak of 22psi target (E30+ fuel) suggested for higher boost models like G chassis, Supra, and Z4. EWG required for proper control.
I'd stick to map 1 or 2 with 91.

Current:
2020 BMW 330i xDrive
2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
(#1883)
Old

Car: BMW G30 520i 2019
Default 10-02-2020, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sema_540i

Post a map 0 and map 2 log for review

Remember to start from ~2500rpm in 3rd, go full throttle as quick as you can up to redline and including a gear change to 4th, take care not to depress the switch at the bottom of the pedal travel that will kick you down to second gear
(#1884)
Old

Car: supra
Default 10-02-2020, 01:14 PM

What's process for getting feedback on logs? I'm in a Supra, JB4 + EWG, seems a bit lean to me

Last edited by Mysta; 10-02-2020 at 01:20 PM..
(#1885)
Old

Default 10-02-2020, 04:32 PM

Post them in the log review section and wait for someone to respond?
(#1886)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-02-2020, 05:01 PM

You can post logs here, in the support forum, or email to support@burgertuning.com if you want.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1887)
Old

Car: 2018 BMW M240I 8sp Auto
Default 10-04-2020, 05:17 PM

what mods do you have
(#1888)
Old

Car: M240i xDrive Convertible (F23)
Default CY2019 M240i xDrive Convertible on JB4 -- v14 map4 vs all of v17 - 10-05-2020, 08:13 AM

Hi, I got above stock car, except a jb4 was installed a year or so ago. Initially running on firmware v11, I was having the bouncing dashboard needles. After upgrade to v14 this was gone, and I was using usually Map4 with ARAL 102 octane premium fuel, which sported +6.5 PSI above stock according to the map guide at the time. I was very satisfied. (Map5 with more aggressive ignition timing and +6 PSI also did do the trick, albeit Map4 was a cinch more juicy.)

Today I upgraded to v17, and I dont find a map giving me the same experience as with the old map4 or map5.
Especially the extra punch the +6.5PSI from map4 gave me, seem to be missing, versus the +6PSI from new map 3

a) where can I get the old hex file v14 to downgrade (and maybe better compare v14 and v17 maps in my car)?

b) anybody else experiencing a similar performance downgrade in their otherwise stock cars with the new v17 maps?

c) I dont even find the old map guide from v14 online anymore. Can somebody share please?

Thanxalot in advance!
(#1889)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-05-2020, 08:21 AM

You can use map6 to enter any boost profile you want. But map3 is the same as the previous map4/map5, with the exception of the map5 IAT spoofing which you can control manually using 6cyl timing on the user adjustment page to a setting of 70.

Burger Motorsports

(#1890)
Old

Default 10-05-2020, 08:40 AM

Quote:
You can use map6 to enter any boost profile you want. But map3 is the same as the previous map4/map5, with the exception of the map5 IAT spoofing which you can control manually using 6cyl timing on the user adjustment page to a setting of 70.
first, thanks so much for the super quick response!

Oh, map3 is the same as map4 before? Really? OK...? Maybe my arse-o-meter is off then? I have to get out my stop watch I guess

Map6 allows me to enter any boost profile? maybe in the app? Is there a manual how to do that, without blowing up my engine right away, prettyplease?
(#1891)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-05-2020, 09:26 AM

Map6 is meant for those familiar with reading their own logs. But maybe best next step for you is just to post a map3 log so we can check it out.

Burger Motorsports

(#1892)
Old

Car: supra
Default 10-05-2020, 03:35 PM

How is Map 4 with EWG and down pipe @ 93?
(#1893)
Old

Default 10-05-2020, 05:47 PM

honestly it's probably a placebo effect, there's no way u can feel .5psi with the variance in BT our engines command..
(#1894)
Old

Default 10-05-2020, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnifeEdge87
honestly it's probably a placebo effect, there's no way u can feel .5psi with the variance in BT our engines command..
I agree. No way you can feel the 0.5psi difference. But what he said is probably correct. I've also noticed how the car has become tamer as each version update goes by. I had v11 too when I got my JB4 a while back and the car was brutal. It felt much faster than it feels now. Obviously it's the butt dyno speaking. But yes. It became tame with v14 and then with v15 and so on. I have v15 on my phone. I'm going to flash that back and see if I can notice the difference I felt. I'll post a few logs too.

Current:
2020 BMW 330i xDrive
2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
(#1895)
Old

Car: 2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Default 10-06-2020, 06:58 AM

Currently running map 3 with e30 on my 2021 Supra completely stock with ewg sensor and the flex fuel it kit.

Question can I run map 5 with e40, with no DP. Car feels absolutely great on map 3 without DP and e30.
(#1896)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-06-2020, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUPRUH
Currently running map 3 with e30 on my 2021 Supra completely stock with ewg sensor and the flex fuel it kit.

Question can I run map 5 with e40, with no DP. Car feels absolutely great on map 3 without DP and e30.
Probably but best to log it and evaluate.

Burger Motorsports

(#1897)
Old

Default 10-06-2020, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Probably but best to log it and evaluate.
Will do, 3rd gear pull WOT correct? Ill send some over.
(#1898)
Old

Default 10-07-2020, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Map6 is meant for those familiar with reading their own logs. But maybe best next step for you is just to post a map3 log so we can check it out.
Great idea. How should I log the log? 3rd gear locked in manual mode, from 1000 to 7000 upm, full throttle, or how is it done properly? Comfort, Sports mode matter? Dtc matters?
(#1899)
Old

Default 10-07-2020, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisismynick
Great idea. How should I log the log? 3rd gear locked in manual mode, from 1000 to 7000 upm, full throttle, or how is it done properly? Comfort, Sports mode matter? Dtc matters?
Start from around 2200-2500 rpms. 1000 rpms is way too low. You'll be lugging the engine bad.

I do it in sport plus mode (shouldn't matter), shifter in M, start at around 2500 rpms, traction control off, WOT. Upshift to 4th at the red line and continue for a second in 4th before backing off. Make sure you have a long, empty stretch of road with not much changes in slope.

Current:
2020 BMW 330i xDrive
2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
(#1900)
Old

Default 10-09-2020, 08:49 AM

2021 supra, keeping getting code 118001 too lean, got the code on map 3 and map 5. Everythings stock minus jb4, no actual CEL just reading the code in JB4 app. Terry read my logs said they looked as they should. I cleared the code twice keeps coming back, just no actual CEL. Could this clear maybe with an aftermarket HFC?