N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#601)
Old

Car: 2019 BMW M5
Default 12-09-2019, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Map2 remains a 93+ octane map, the more octane, the better.

AFR here is just a logging glitch, it should be jumping "lean" during the shift as fuel is cut off. Will adjust that in the next firmware update.

On rear o2 sensor code not sure, could be octane booster related. Any exhaust mods?
Nope, no exhaust mods. Maybe I'll clear the code and see if it comes back.

Thanks so much for all of your help! I really appreciate it and I'm trying to learn so I don't bug you with too many questions. Just one more until I get the WMI installed in a few weeks.

One more question though. In one of my previous posts <here> the logs show the timing being cut at timestamp 3900.75. I experienced the same thing today in 3rd gear I think. Either that or timing was pulled hard. Please take a look at the attached log and see if you have any thoughts. Timing cut from from 11 to 2.8 and the throttle cut 87 to 33, pedal stayed 99 and it wasn't shifting. Maybe this isn't JB4 related and is some issue with my car? It's hard to take it to BMW and tell them this though. Plus if they pull the logs to see what's going on it's not going to be go over well.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-12-09 16_30_36_Map-1.csv (4.9 KB, 1 views)
(#602)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-10-2019, 09:45 AM

When multiple cylinders drop at the same time, it's a dynamic torque reduction. Usually from the traction control system. You also see the DME lower it's boost target here. Looks fairly routine to me.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#603)
Old

Car: 16 BMW M4
Default 12-10-2019, 10:08 AM

Last time I asked for a while I promise. Can you logs at these map 7 logs. Turned up the boost safety to 28 and those couple psi you can definitely feel! One of the graphs looks like I was getting close to 30 psi? I thought 27 was the highest on map 7?

Anyways I was gonna hit up Import Face Off test and tune at the Las Vegas motor speedway this sunday and wanna make sure everything is dialed in and im not hurting anything. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-12-10 07_37_54_Map-7.csv (15.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: csv 2019-12-09 10_07_03_Map-7.csv (12.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by yellowssm; 12-10-2019 at 10:50 AM..
(#604)
Old

Car: 2019 BMW M5
Default 12-10-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
When multiple cylinders drop at the same time, it's a dynamic torque reduction. Usually from the traction control system. You also see the DME lower it's boost target here. Looks fairly routine to me.
I was wondering about that. You're right, TC was on, but it was AWD mode at a high speed so I didn't think it would cut the power. Forgot about the torque reduction. Thanks!
(#605)
Old

Car: 16 BMW M4
Default 12-10-2019, 11:29 AM

Quick off topic question. I was planning to take out rear seats for some weight reduction, but I see there is a wire plugged in. Can I unplug that wire and drive the car with no problems? I remember back in the days they told me not to remove front passenger seat for my E46 M3 cause it will throw air bag light and that will cause none of the airbags to work if I got in an accident

Last edited by yellowssm; 12-10-2019 at 11:37 AM..
(#606)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-10-2019, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpdriver177
I was wondering about that. You're right, TC was on, but it was AWD mode at a high speed so I didn't think it would cut the power. Forgot about the torque reduction. Thanks!
To make it easier to spot I've added in more cylinder timing values. Working our way up to all 8.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#607)
Old

Car: F90 M5
Default Yesterday, 01:47 AM

To touch back on the codes and errors i was getting..

Erased all the codes, left the 100 oct pump gas in the tank and kept the car in map 0 and 1, and after driving all day and logging the car did not get any codes, I then tried map 3-5..

I was checking codes after each pull/logg. Did multiple 60-130 logs in all maps and no signs of codes, CEL or limp mode.

Before going home decided to log a 1/4th mile run in map 5 ( planning on running this map or map 7 at a drag racing event this Saturday with MS109 )
Used LC - launch control, spun all 4s and ran 10.83@133.19mph w/1.85 60ft, and TRIGGERED A CODE Could it be because it spun??)

104620 ABSOLUTE PRESSURE SENSOR 2, intake manifold, plausibility: pressure too high
No CEL or And no drivetrain malfunction.

Did one more 1/4th pass before going home with out LC, brake torquing instead in D3, hooked and ran same exact time of 10.80@133.39 w/1.80 60ft.
Erased codes and went home.

PS Best time so far achieved in my car was a 10.50 pass on map 5 in much much worse DA than todays..

PSS Boost safety is set at 28.5, Attached are few logs, comparing my logs to some that ive seen on the forum my timing isn't steady like the other logs ive seen, any thoughts?? l

THANK YOU!!!

2018 BMW M5 FE - JB4 - DROP IN BMC FILTERS

Last edited by nickohlie; Yesterday at 02:00 AM..