N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3826)
Old

Car: Stinger 3.3 RWD
Default 11-15-2020, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stung
... mark them before you cut them so that you know?
It's already cut off. Now I don't know how to check if I've connected the wires correctly. Would there be anything wrong if I mixed up the wires?
(#3827)
Old

Car: Genesis Coupe
Default logs - 11-15-2020, 03:27 PM

So even after gapping the plugs down to .024 the car still had a stutter and when the clutch pushed in randomly the RPMS would drop down as low as 500rpm and stutter. I returned the value for the throttle response in the DWP slot back to 0 to disable and the car seems to be driving much better will be able to get a longer drive tomorrow to see if the rpms still drop low on clutch press. I attached 3 logs making a WOT pull on map 0, 1, and 2 to see if everything looks good to continue to run map 2.

Is there a recommended value to run in user settings for PID Gain, FF/wastegate adaptation, and fuel open loop?

Also is it normal for the throttle value to not go to 100% the logs consistently show throttle is only going to 97% just curious.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 201115_1605.csv (281.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: csv 201115_1600.csv (239.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: zip 201115_1603.zip (34.9 KB, 3 views)

2014 Genesis coupe 2.0t r-spec
(#3828)
Old

Car: Stinger 3.3T
Default 11-16-2020, 01:52 AM

Hey Terry, dynoed the car on pump gas and meth.

Can you check the maps, in particular map 5 and let me know if you think there should be any gain if I go VP109? Is the timing ok or anymore to be had with better fuel?

I was hoping to be around 480-500whp with my mods. Let me know.

Kia Stinger - Dyno 455whp/504wtq - YouTube

Mods,
2018 RWD Kia Stinger
- 5th gear run
- 98Ron (93 Octane)
- JB4 Map 5 w/EWG
- Snow Meth VC50 - 10GPH nozzle (70m/30w mix)
- AEM Intake
- Mishimoto Intercooler
- NGT Primary ********
- HJS 200cell Highflow Cats
- JUN BL Midpipe and Catback

Map 0 - 350whp/402wtq - Red
Map 1 - 426whp/464wtq - Blue
Map 3 - 432whp/499wtq - Green
Map 4 - 447whp/504wtq - Yellow
Map 5 - 455whp/504wtq - Dark Blue
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M5_R1_201115_184607 - 455whp.csv (11.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: csv P21_M4_R1_201115_183514 - 447whp.csv (12.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: csv P21_M3_R1_201115_185041 - 432whp.csv (12.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: csv P21_M1_R1_201115_185301 - 426whp.csv (12.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: csv P21_M0_R1_201115_185513 - 350whp.csv (15.7 KB, 3 views)

JB4 - Denso 5346 - AEM Intake - VT Snorkels - Snow WMI - NGT Primaries - JUN BL Mid-pipe w/200cell HFCs & EVC c@t-back - Radium OCC x2

Last edited by BHR Stinger; 11-16-2020 at 02:13 AM..
(#3829)
Old

Car: Kia stinger gt1
Default 11-16-2020, 06:31 AM

New problem. I have a bad abs sensor which the dealer is going to fix. That kills abs and esc (lights on all of the time). Now I am getting a turbo overboost code and have basically no boost. Does the car go into a reduced power mode when esc is faulty and the JB4 is causing it to exceed threshold? Or do you think I have another, separate problem?
M?

Also - what bit do I need to turn off to disable the ewg connectors? Just to aid in troubleshooting?
(#3830)
Old

Car: Genesis Coupe
Default resolved - 11-16-2020, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm4life2006
So even after gapping the plugs down to .024 the car still had a stutter and when the clutch pushed in randomly the RPMS would drop down as low as 500rpm and stutter. I returned the value for the throttle response in the DWP slot back to 0 to disable and the car seems to be driving much better will be able to get a longer drive tomorrow to see if the rpms still drop low on clutch press. I attached 3 logs making a WOT pull on map 0, 1, and 2 to see if everything looks good to continue to run map 2.

Is there a recommended value to run in user settings for PID Gain, FF/wastegate adaptation, and fuel open loop?

Also is it normal for the throttle value to not go to 100% the logs consistently show throttle is only going to 97% just curious.
So made my morning commute and even with it being the coldest temp start up the car did not have any issues. The only thing I changed was I disabled the throttle response in the dwp slot of the user settings. Not sure why the car seems to not like any value being used.

So Terry does the tune look good for the map 2 selection to keep using?

2014 Genesis coupe 2.0t r-spec
(#3831)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-16-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHR Stinger
The log itself looks pretty clean here. The only thing that might further help is a longer cool down or the IAT spoof to get IAT down and ignition advance up. Some dynojets read lower than others so that could also be a factor. But tuning wise I don't see much I'd want to change.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3832)
Old

Default 11-16-2020, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The log itself looks pretty clean here. The only thing that might further help is a longer cool down or the IAT spoof to get IAT down and ignition advance up. Some dynojets read lower than others so that could also be a factory. But tuning wise I don't see much I'd want to change.
I notice on all maps 1 to 5 the power is almost the same past 5.5k, is that cause the small turbos are running out of steam?

JB4 - Denso 5346 - AEM Intake - VT Snorkels - Snow WMI - NGT Primaries - JUN BL Mid-pipe w/200cell HFCs & EVC c@t-back - Radium OCC x2
(#3833)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-16-2020, 05:07 PM

Quote:
I notice on all maps 1 to 5 the power is almost the same past 5.5k, is that cause the small turbos are running out of steam?
Yes even as you raise boost up top you don't see a proportional power gain due to the excessive back pressure on the tiny turbos.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3834)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 11-16-2020, 06:04 PM

#12 Nozzle, EWG cables and Map6 is your next step. You'll see your 480 easy.

Quote:

Can you check the maps, in particular map 5 and let me know if you think there should be any gain if I go VP109? Is the timing ok or anymore to be had with better fuel?

I was hoping to be around 480-500whp with my mods. Let me know.

Kia Stinger - Dyno 455whp/504wtq - YouTube

Mods,
2018 RWD Kia Stinger
- 5th gear run
- 98Ron (93 Octane)
- JB4 Map 5 w/EWG
- Snow Meth VC50 - 10GPH nozzle (70m/30w mix)
- AEM Intake
- Mishimoto Intercooler
- NGT Primary ********
- HJS 200cell Highflow Cats
- JUN BL Midpipe and Catback

Map 0 - 350whp/402wtq - Red
Map 1 - 426whp/464wtq - Blue
Map 3 - 432whp/499wtq - Green
Map 4 - 447whp/504wtq - Yellow
Map 5 - 455whp/504wtq - Dark Blue
(#3835)
Old

Car: Stinger 3.3 RWD
Default 11-17-2020, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virmaker
Hi. I extended the obd wire but forgot to mark the wires. How do you know which wire is which?
[[
Terry, Can you help me, please. I'm afraid I'm going to burn something!
(#3836)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Default 11-17-2020, 09:33 AM

I read a lot about how the boost is turned down under certain RPMs for the RWD. Is there a setting that I can change to have the added boost at lower RPMs for the AWD setup? I feel that we might be able to kick higher accelerations if we put more boost early in the RPM range. Thanks in advance for any help.
(#3837)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-17-2020, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENreviews
I read a lot about how the boost is turned down under certain RPMs for the RWD. Is there a setting that I can change to have the added boost at lower RPMs for the AWD setup? I feel that we might be able to kick higher accelerations if we put more boost early in the RPM range. Thanks in advance for any help.
The maps run full boost, you'd have to elect to lower boost further on RWD models. To really launch an AWD you need to add the brake boost switch.

Burger Motorsports

(#3838)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-17-2020, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virmaker
Terry, Can you help me, please. I'm afraid I'm going to burn something!
This is the OBDII wiring diagram.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#3839)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Default 11-17-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
The maps run full boost, you'd have to elect to lower boost further on RWD models. To really launch an AWD you need to add the brake boost switch.
Thank you for the reply. Just wanted to make sure that I was optimizing performance for the modification.
(#3840)
Old

Default 11-18-2020, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Yes even as you raise boost up top you don't see a proportional power gain due to the excessive back pressure on the tiny turbos.
So the turbos are huffin and puffin but unfortunately they ainít bringing the house down

(#3841)
Old

Car: 2020 Stinger
Default 11-18-2020, 05:44 PM

Good evening. Just ordered the JB4 for my 2020 stinger. Already have the HKS plugs gapped at 0.022. Could you send me your email Terry? I have some questions and would like to send logs for you to look at once I install. Thanks!
(#3842)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 11-19-2020, 06:17 AM

That's what this forum is for my friend, ask away. Though Terry is very helpful, he's even more busy. You have a huge pool of JB users here to help out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albinoseal
Good evening. Just ordered the JB4 for my 2020 stinger. Already have the HKS plugs gapped at 0.022. Could you send me your email Terry? I have some questions and would like to send logs for you to look at once I install. Thanks!
(#3843)
Old

Car: 2020 Stinger
Default 11-19-2020, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
That's what this forum is for my friend, ask away. Though Terry is very helpful, he's even more busy. You have a huge pool of JB users here to help out.
Thanks! I ask mainly because I read the last 3 pages of this forum and do not understand what you are talking about with codes and abbreviations. I am very new to any kind of tuning. Im hoping to gain some knowledge and meet some people along the way.
(#3844)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 3.3TT
Default 11-19-2020, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Thanks! I ask mainly because I read the last 3 pages of this forum and do not understand what you are talking about with codes and abbreviations. I am very new to any kind of tuning. Im hoping to gain some knowledge and meet some people along the way.
Get the JB4 installed, update it to the latest firmware, try it on MAP 0. If all's well, change it to MAP 1 and log - upload the log here! Ask any questions along the way and welcome!

2018 GT2 AWD
(#3845)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-19-2020, 10:53 AM

Quote:
terry@burgertuning.com, but the forum is great also for logs, etc, as often many people wind up with the same question.

Burger Motorsports

(#3846)
Old

Car: 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
Default 11-20-2020, 08:46 PM

Good day,
What firmware and setting should I Use with the following
JB4
Bluetooth Communication
Fuel Control Wire installed
AEM Induction System 21-739C
GFB DVX T9661
HKS M45XL
94 Octane Fuel
IOS Device JB4 app
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
(#3847)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-21-2020, 09:52 AM

Shouldn't have any issues with the latest v22 firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#3848)
Old

Car: 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
Default 11-21-2020, 12:07 PM

Thanks Terry ! Your support is really appreciated !
I really like the wiper fonction to choose the map
(#3849)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT2
Default 11-23-2020, 01:39 PM

Having issues with WOT. I recently installed the EWG wires thinking it would help, but they didn't. Pulls fine when pedal isn't depressed 100%. Even quick WOT stabs don't result in the orange trans light of shame. But, holding WOT for several seconds definitely results in stutters, CEL, rough idle/acceleration until I turn the car off.

Would've gotten a longer run, but don't want to break anything.

Map 2 (fuel wires and EWG wires)
93 Octane (Exxon, no winter gas in lower VA)
Intake, secondary *****, *** back, Jonny Tig merge pipe
Denso 5346 w/ ~12k miles on 'em (just ordered 5347s)
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_201123_1242.csv (7.1 KB, 3 views)
(#3850)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-23-2020, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto
Having issues with WOT. I recently installed the EWG wires thinking it would help, but they didn't. Pulls fine when pedal isn't depressed 100%. Even quick WOT stabs don't result in the orange trans light of shame. But, holding WOT for several seconds definitely results in stutters, CEL, rough idle/acceleration until I turn the car off.

Would've gotten a longer run, but don't want to break anything.

Map 2 (fuel wires and EWG wires)
93 Octane (Exxon, no winter gas in lower VA)
Intake, secondary *****, *** back, Jonny Tig merge pipe
Denso 5346 w/ ~12k miles on 'em (just ordered 5347s)
Replied to your other post but you need to sort out what the misfire code is.

Burger Motorsports