N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2014 F56 MCS
Default JB4 Water Methanol settings/maps - 11-19-2020, 08:50 AM

I want to use the JB4 and FSB with the AEM WMI kit because of the fail safe features that apparently the JB4 has..what are they and how do I enable them?

I am running map2 at present whilst I try and get some info on how the JB4 integrates with WMI. I have had the AEM kit for a few months but have not fitted it due to lack of information from JB4 on how it can be used.

Can anyone give me any info please as surely I'm not the only F56 Mini owner wanting to utilize the JB4's features with WMI?
(#2)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 11-19-2020, 09:33 AM

If I understand your question right, you have a JB, and the FSB controller? If so, the only AEM pieces you want to incorporate is the tank, pump, and Solenoid???
Most solenoids operate off ground, if the AEM one does than you are GTG. Below is the link for installation for your Mini. Just wire one to the FSB and the other to a ground. Worst case is you will have to purchase a BMS solenoid, everything else should work fine.
https://burgertuning.com/collections...injection-kits

--------------------
Darrin S.
2019 AWD GT2, JB4, Meth, MBRP, Agency intakes, Agency FMIC, HKS Plugs 11.70 @ 118.98 mph
(#3)
Old

Default 11-19-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
If I understand your question right, you have a JB, and the FSB controller? If so, the only AEM pieces you want to incorporate is the tank, pump, and Solenoid???
Most solenoids operate off ground, if the AEM one does than you are GTG. Below is the link for installation for your Mini. Just wire one to the FSB and the other to a ground. Worst case is you will have to purchase a BMS solenoid, everything else should work fine.
https://burgertuning.com/collections...injection-kits

--------------------
Darrin S.
2019 AWD GT2, JB4, Meth, MBRP, Agency intakes, Agency FMIC, HKS Plugs 11.70 @ 118.98 mph
Thanks for the info about install with the AEM kit Darrin

The info I actually need and sorry if I did not explain myself clearly is the JB4 settings? at present I run map 2 on the JB4 without any WMI and love the extra power BUT I want to install my AEM WMI kit and want to know which map to use on the JB4? Also any settings I need to change?
(#4)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 11-19-2020, 10:34 AM

Got cha... This thread is sitting just above your post.
All instructions and setup info is there.
I still think you will need the BMS FSB
MINI B38/B48 BMW X1/X2 JB4 - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
Map3 looks like the one on your vehicle
(#5)
Old

Default 11-19-2020, 10:39 AM

OK Cheers for that, Yep I already have the FSB so should be fine.