N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: C43
Default C43 jb4 0 to 60 runs - 01-31-2020, 11:14 AM

First off jb4 is awesome. Super easy install. Connected to BT right away and app works perfect. Can't recommend it enough!

Only had the car a week so far but with 3 gallons of e85 on a full tank on map 2 otherwise stock I hit 60 in 3.73 seconds! Not sure how much lower I can squeeze out of it but thought that was pretty amazing for an otherwise stock car and ten mins of work. 1/4 mile time was 11.8 at 118 but invalid due to -1.4% slope (long offramp and only place I can safely run)
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-01-31 12_50_57_Map-2 fastest.csv (7.1 KB, 86 views)
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-31-2020, 01:19 PM

Wow that's impressive!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: Alfa Romeo QV
Default 01-31-2020, 05:20 PM

Very impressive. Congratulations on your new found power.
(#4)
Old

Car: W205 C43 2017
Default 02-04-2020, 01:57 AM

Very nice man! It looks like the logging hiccupped right after 2nd?

I tend to run 5 gallons E85 and 11 gallons 91 (which contains 10% ethanol.. California), which gives me at least 94 octane. I have the green wire hooked up and trims look perfect for me, but they looked good before green wire too. Point is, you have room to add more E85 down the road if you increase boost more and notice timing is off.

That's one of the better 0-10 and 0-20 times I've seen. How'd you launch it? ABS off? What RPM did you break to and how long did you hold it? Did you just slam the accelerator after or modulate it? Suspension on sport+ or comfort?

I ask cause my best time is 3.63 with a 0.40 second launch, but I've been struggling to replicate it.

Again man, glad you're enjoying the JB4!
(#5)
Old

Car: 2019 Mercedes C43
Default 02-24-2020, 07:24 AM

Hey everyone i'm new to the forums here and I was trying to increase my quarter mile times. I'm currently running a tune and bms intakes on my 2019 C43. Last year I was only managing 12.23 since then i have received a newer tune to help with top end as I wasn't gaining much. I am looking at purchasing a JB4 to see what all the hype is about and I was curious on how the stacking application works with a tune and jb4. Thanks for your help, Nick.
(#6)
Old

Default 02-24-2020, 10:52 AM

Thanks for the info! I've been doing a full tank with 5 gallons of e85 mixed with 93 octane on map 2 or 3. Have been pretty consistently doing 11.8 at 116 mph with that (times are about the same on either map). My technique for launching is suspension in comfort. One foot on brake and right foot on the gas power brake up to about 22-2400 rpms just long enough to build boost and let off pretty quickly. I don't hold it too long or I think it starts to pull timing. The slight 2% incline where I do my runs may help initially with traction for that 0 to 20 mph time? Not really sure. Here is a dragy run from yesterday.

Unrelated I had to disconnect the obd2 connection and when I reconnected today I'm not getting any data. Have tried restarting disconnecting etc a bunch of times but am only getting 0's ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie644

I tend to run 5 gallons E85 and 11 gallons 91 (which contains 10% ethanol.. California), which gives me at least 94 octane. I have the green wire hooked up and trims look perfect for me, but they looked good before green wire too. Point is, you have room to add more E85 down the road if you increase boost more and notice timing is off.

That's one of the better 0-10 and 0-20 times I've seen. How'd you launch it? ABS off? What RPM did you break to and how long did you hold it? Did you just slam the accelerator after or modulate it? Suspension on sport+ or comfort?

I ask cause my best time is 3.63 with a 0.40 second launch, but I've been struggling to replicate it.

Attached Images

Last edited by Looters; 02-24-2020 at 10:57 AM..
(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-24-2020, 11:29 AM

Sometimes the ECU stops communications. Turn car off and lock the doors, let the ecu go to sleep for 15 minutes and try again. If it's still doing that, then I would assume the OBD2 cable.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old

Default 02-24-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Sometimes the ECU stops communications. Turn car off and lock the doors, let the ecu go to sleep for 15 minutes and try again. If it's still doing that, then I would assume the OBD2 cable.

Worked! Thank you. I always panic haha.
(#9)
Old

Default 02-24-2020, 11:31 AM

Currently my 0-100kph best time with just a flash tune is 3.75 on 91 octane gas but my trap speed is terrible on a 2019 c43 (12.23 @ 111.85 ) Do you think that a JB4 would be able to help me break that barrier to get below 12 seconds with a higher trap? Thanks
(#10)
Old

Default 02-24-2020, 11:37 AM

I haven't researched the 2019s enough to know how others are responding to the jb4 maybe some 19 owners can chime in? The trap speed definetly indicates power is falling off. I purchased my jb4 w bluetooth used from a forum member on mbworld for $400 so it may be worth a try to see what happens at such a low entry cost. Install took all of five to ten minutes and I just ran the obd2 cable through the door jamb for the sake of time. Maybe some of the experts can lend some insight on how the jb4 functions stacked on top of a flash tune.
(#11)
Old

Default 02-24-2020, 11:59 AM

Hey Looters, thanks for your response! I actually just came across a comment of yours on a dragy post someone did on the app haha!
(#12)
Old

Default 02-27-2020, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMcleanAMG
Currently my 0-100kph best time with just a flash tune is 3.75 on 91 octane gas but my trap speed is terrible on a 2019 c43 (12.23 @ 111.85 ) Do you think that a JB4 would be able to help me break that barrier to get below 12 seconds with a higher trap? Thanks
I think the JB4 could help with many of the issues you're having, even if it does not provide any performance (which it almost certainly will), simply from the logging.

Looking through your posts, your two biggest concerns/issues are the jerking between gears and what feels like diminishing power at higher speeds.

Without logging it's very hard to say whats going on. We have no idea what kind of boost your car/tune is making and at what gears. We also don't know what your trims are at (fuel request by the engine). I've heard of some tunes losing power in the high end because the engine isn't getting enough fuel (usually extreme tunes, so unlikely here). We also don't know what your timings are like and if your car is pulling timing to prevent knocking. So we can' know without logs.

The jerking during gear changes happens to me sometimes. If I break boost launch the car hard the opposite usually happens where the gears changes are incredibly smooth and make a different sound than normal, its kind of weird.

When I get the jerks, the logs usually show a little throttle closure. Our ECU's are load-based so its usually because some parameter is a little high like IAT, or as your mechanic said, there's a traction event. That being said, I did get a software update to my TCU about a month ago and it improved gear changes a lot.

The JB4 will give you logging and likely some power gains. Even if all it shows is timing is off and trims are fine, then you might get some good gains just by throwing in some E85. Post facelifts do have some issues, BMS was recommending the Boost Control Module to help with some of them, I have not been keeping up to date with the success of that method though.
(#13)
Old

Default 02-27-2020, 12:22 PM

Awesome thanks so much for your response! Do you believe that I should ask for a TCU reset? Thanks for your time
(#14)
Old

Default 02-27-2020, 12:44 PM

You can ask, but I've found they rarely give you updates/resets without first identifying a reason. I had an issue where after a gear change my revs would wobble and I had it on video, so there was clear evidence something was up.
(#15)
Old

Default 02-27-2020, 01:04 PM

Hmmm, do you have a form of social media I could send you a video to see what you think of it?
(#16)
Old

Car: C43 AMG
Default 10-09-2020, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie644

Hi, we have 94 octane gas here but my results are way worse than yours, which map are you using ?