N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: MB
Default 12-22-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Drop me an email would love to check the car out.
Email Sent.

I have an ODB2/USB cable.

is there a program that you recommend to start data logging?

2015 C400 3L Bi-Turbo
2012 E550 Coupe 4.7L Bi-Turbo
2008 Toyota Land Cruiser 5.7V8
(#27)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-22-2014, 02:35 PM

I use a scan-gauge program for basic OBDII data such as boost, timing, and AFR. I'll email you some addl info.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335xi E90 N55
Default 12-31-2014, 11:48 AM

I love my BMW, but the wife seems to be stuck on Mercedes. She's got a 2009 C300 and the best mod I've found for it adds a whopping 28 hp for $1500. No thanks. We've had the 2013 or 2014 C250 for a loaner while ours was in the shop (been in several times, but the BMW hasn't been in yet. On the other hand, Mercedes is good at getting you a loaner, while you have to be on a list for a month to get a BMW loaner). The C250 is a 1.8L 15psi boosted engine with severe turbo lag. I was not impressed. Our last trip to the dealer, we saw the new C300s & C400s out and the salesman claimed they fixed the lag of the C250. The C300 is a 2L turbo while the C400 is the 3L biturbo. Chances are that the wife's next car will be a C300 or C400 - the C400 comes in a 4-seater convertible that she really digs. I'm glad to see you're developing some tunes for these cars. I hope you can do something similar to the JB4 where I can turn the tune off when she drives and turn it on when I drive, then I will surely get the Benz tune when the time comes!

2011 335i xDrive ///M-Sport LeMans Blue Navigation iDrive 15% Tint N55 E90 - BMS Intake, Le Mans Blue Grilles, Le Mans Blue Rear Diffuser, Alpina B3 TCU Flash, Misc Coding, Matte Black Badge, Gloss Black Exhaust Tips, Blue Calipers*, VRSF Charge Pipe*, Cyba Scoops*, JB4 ISO 5.5, Sport Oil Cooler Valve, FlexFuel (Fuel Rail Pressure) Wires, Wheel Lock Set, Ethanol Content Sensor - No problems up to E70 fuel mix
* Painted 7251 Cobalt Blue Metallic - Matches LeMans Blue
(#29)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-31-2014, 11:51 AM

Was able to do a little C400 tuning yesterday and things are looking promising on that front!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#30)
Old

Car: 335i DCT
Default 01-01-2015, 06:52 AM

Terry there are also the c200 and c250 2 litre turbo versions launched in other countries as well. Bit like the f30 320i and 328i models this will well be a bigger market overseas. Will you be looking at those as well?
(#31)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-01-2015, 09:59 AM

Yes, we expect to make a version for those models, as well.

Burger Motorsports

(#32)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 01-02-2015, 11:27 AM

sweet! Can't wait to see C400 vs 335i videos.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#33)
Old
Need4Speed

Car: 2010 E90 335i M-sport
Default 01-02-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Was able to do a little C400 tuning yesterday and things are looking promising on that front!
Plan on getting any dyno numbers?
(#34)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-02-2015, 11:36 AM

At some point. Since it's an all wheel drive vehicle dyno testing is not overly convenient. We'll just dyno verify the final result after we're done with the tuning end.

Burger Motorsports

(#35)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-04-2015, 09:11 PM

C300 tuning has been running strong. Went back out tonight for some testing at the same private track, temps in the low 50s, on E20 fuel. 91 octane + 3 gallons of E85 mixed in. Results were impressive.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#36)
Old

Default 01-04-2015, 09:33 PM

Terry

Without dynoing it and just by using the butt to gauge, would you say power wise being similar to the F30 320i/328,s after tune?
(#37)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-05-2015, 09:02 AM

It's in the same ballpark.

Burger Motorsports

(#38)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 01-05-2015, 01:29 PM

5.0seconds 0-60 with C300?

That's same as 328i with JB4.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#39)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-05-2015, 02:11 PM

We got the 328i in to the 4s with E85 but it's in the same ballpark.

Burger Motorsports

(#40)
Old

Default 01-05-2015, 08:03 PM

Terry are we gonna see all 3 models c200,250,300 arriving at the same max tuned whp like the f30 320i/328i scenario where the hardware are all the same the difference being only with the software tunes? Just wondering if you'll be launching the JB4 type multi map tune and not just the stage 1 type for these cars.
(#41)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-05-2015, 08:40 PM

It's too early to tell on the c200 and the c250 as I've not seen data on either yet.

Burger Motorsports

(#42)
Old

Default 01-05-2015, 11:12 PM

Quote:
C300 tuning has been running strong. Went back out tonight for some testing at the same private track, temps in the low 50s, on E20 fuel. 91 octane + 3 gallons of E85 mixed in. Results were impressive.
nice Terry!

I have been doing the same on C400 Beta JB4. I think E20 is a good start for stage 1.

Also adding same mix to my coupe.. very strong results in cooler weather.

Hope it helps in the summer months too.

I will send you more data logs later this week... Keep up the good work!

2015 C400 3L Bi-Turbo
(#43)
Old

Default 01-05-2015, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Terry, did you pick up about 4 to 5 MPH?

I assume C300 still has A/S tires and skinny rims? If so, 12.9 say at 106 would be impressive.

2015 C400 3L Bi-Turbo
(#44)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-06-2015, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun32
nice Terry!

I have been doing the same on C400 Beta JB4. I think E20 is a good start for stage 1.

Also adding same mix to my coupe.. very strong results in cooler weather.

Hope it helps in the summer months too.

I will send you more data logs later this week... Keep up the good work!
Send those logs when you can, and then we'll bump up your timing advance, which I think will open up the top end more.

I'm on the factory all season tires and gained around 4mph. I had another run at 102.5mph but with a little weaker launch and "only" a 13.6et.

Burger Motorsports

(#45)
Old

Default 01-11-2015, 10:33 AM

tested map 3 with E20.... power delivery was smooth and higher rpm has more pull.

I will test map 2 once weather dries up.

based on my dyno jet experience on past AMG cars, this feels like a 340rwhp with 360rwtq car with map 3 and 3 gallons of E85.

assuming car is about 300rwhp and 320rwtq stock.

any car weighing 3800 and AWD trapping 107 stock is packing more than advertised.

currently boost topping just above 12lbs, and with better octane mix... into 13lbs.

I don't think this car will get to N54 and N55 status.... but it will be a nice option.
1) the engine is is very muted and not as smooth by nature as the inline. there is no separate heat exchanger and air boxes and intake are tiny.
2) both of my MB cars have the 7 sp, it's OK but won't beat the 8sp from BMW
)AWD is nice, but it is designed for grip not performance.

overall very happy with my wife's c400... but I can already tell MBs bread and butter is on the v8 engines and it shows.

2015 C400 3L Bi-Turbo
(#46)
Old

Default 01-17-2015, 07:41 PM

tested and logged map 2 with E20 mix (91 oct 12 gal and 3 gal of E85)

mid range boost hit 14lbs around 4k rpm. I was not able to do long sustained runs.. to see what is the drop off boost getting closer to red line. But some runs the closer to 5k rpm boost was still around 12.xx LBS. Not bad at all compared to stock.

But one thing is for sure.. top end is much improved with JB4 Map 3 and 2.

stock is around 9LBS .. tuned already at 14LBS with no issues.

Hope others can find a way to dyno this AWD car and compare the gains.

2015 C400 3L Bi-Turbo
(#47)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-17-2015, 08:58 PM

Good to hear. Maps 2 & 3 run more timing than map 1. Map 1 is more of a pump gas only sort of thing.

Burger Motorsports

(#48)
Old

Car: Evolution
Default 01-30-2015, 02:28 PM

Will there be a 93 map available?
(#49)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-30-2015, 02:29 PM

Yes, the base maps are intended for use on 91 & 93 octane.

Hope to have those harnesses in a few more weeks.

Burger Motorsports

(#50)
Old

Default 01-30-2015, 09:07 PM

been over 1 month on JB4.. no issues to report.

Running 3 gallons of E85 on every fill up and the car runs great.

Currently on Map 2. Can't wait to see more of these W205 cars with JB4 tuning.

2015 C400 3L Bi-Turbo