N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2014 328i
Default Seeking dealer warranty with Downn Ppipe installed - 11-02-2017, 04:46 AM

Has any one had the bad luck of the engine having trouble meanwhile they had a ******** + other mods installed if so what was the results? Did the dealer fixed the problem or did they sent you to switch the parts back to stock?

Thinking about getting ********, and muffler.

Internet has to many mixed messages some say their car is full fbo with loud exhaust and the dealer doesn't care at all. And some other say they only have an air intake and the dealer didn't fix their check engine light until he switched back to the stock air filter... I'd really appreciate first hand experiences
(#2)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default 11-02-2017, 09:09 AM

Depends on the dealer. Legally they cannot void anything due to mods (at least in the US, unless the mods directly cause problems), and should work on it as is. Some dealers aren't happy working on modded cars though, and they can legally turn you away since they're independently owned. It all depends on the dealer. If you remove the K-A-T and break the federal laws though, you're on your own. Most dealers will avoid you, SEMA will not help you, and your legal rights are gone.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i