N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: E92 M3
Default ZCP M4 Stock and JB4 Only, Dyno Results... - 07-13-2016, 05:38 PM

After the 1200 Mile break in and installing the JB4 last weekend, this morning I headed down to Specialty Z to dyno the M4 ZCP. Since this was the first ZCP with JB4 to hit the dyno, I was lucky enough to have BMS there to do some logging, testing, etc. BMS collected lots of data for ZCP specific software changes in the future so we will eventually hit the dyno again, but the results today were solid.

Most of you already know this, lol, but there's no doubt about it, the JB4 is an incredible option for our cars, with awesome features that fulfill the needs / wants of an enthusiast like myself. Multiple map files, user adjustments and based on what fuel I want to run, I can switch maps on the fly with my cell phone via bluetooth, how ****ing cool is that? Also most importantly it has safety features built in. If it runs lean, over boosts or if the fuel pressure drops too low, it will default to a less aggressive map. I also went with the JB4 because I had no desire to pull of the intake manifold to get to the ECU to crack it open and do a flash. It's also a major plus that the JB4 has incredible R&D done by BMS, it's proven and currently it makes the most power and torque as well.

Here's the results along with the logs on each run.

My ZCP is fully stock, besides the JB4 and K&N filters, the stock run was with E30. Map 1, 2, 3 were with E30 as well, the car ran a little rich on the stock runs, we will go back and do pure 91 octane runs next time, then adjust fuel mixtures and maps from there. On Map 7 and 6, ~5 gallons of 100 octane from the pump was added to a little over a 1/2 a tank of E30.

ZCP Stock Dyno and Log

Map 1 Dyno and Log

Map 2 Dyno and Log

Map 3 Dyno and Log

Map 7 Dyno and Log

Map 6 Dyno and Log

Some vids of the dyno runs and the JB4 Bluetooth Gauge Display

Stock Dyno Run -

Map 2 Run -

Map 6 and JB4 Bluetooth Gauge Display and using fuel gauge as boost gauge

Bluetooth Gauge Display

16 F82 M4 ZCP - DCT - JB4 - Meth - 1/2 Mile 161MPH
08 E92 M3 - DCT - Built Motor - ESS VT3-750 SC
710 WHP/495 WTQ STD CF @ 14.4psi
6.1s 60-130MPH (Drag Strip)
174.12 MPH Shift-S3ctor Standing 1/2 Mile - E9X WR

Last edited by DLSJ5; 07-13-2016 at 05:48 PM..
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 07-14-2016, 08:50 AM

Congrats!

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#3)
Old

Car: 2011 E92 335xi
Default 07-14-2016, 08:57 AM

Nice Drew! Can't wait to see what you end up doing to this beast.

AWE Non-Res Exhaust | AWE CF Intake | AWE ColdFront | ER DP | ER Chargepipes | JB4 Stage 3 | Custom SS Methanol | Swift Springs | TPG/DSS 1200hp Axles | Dodson Superstock DCT Clutch | PURE Stage 2 Hi-Flo
(#4)
Old

Car: 2014 F10 M5 CP Frozen Grey
Default 07-14-2016, 10:05 AM

Drew - glad to see you in action again!
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-14-2016, 10:32 AM

Had a blast playing with the car yesterday. Thanks for letting us tag along.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Default 07-14-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!

Congrats!
Thanks Steve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sA x sKy
Nice Drew! Can't wait to see what you end up doing to this beast.
Appreciate that Brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor_2000
Drew - glad to see you in action again!
Thanks Ram!

(#7)
Old

Default 07-14-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Had a blast playing with the car yesterday. Thanks for letting us tag along.
T, you're a flat out genius!! Great having you there, I'm looking forward to the next round as well. Can't thank you enough brother!

(#8)
Old

Car: 2016 M3
Default 07-22-2016, 03:36 PM

What can be expected on 93 octane?
(#9)
Old

Car: e90 lci n55
Default 08-01-2016, 11:40 AM

Is the firmware the same? Just took my Jb4 off of my m4 and switched it over to my zcp m3

ERnie
2011 AW/e90/n55 -gone
2016 AY F82
Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the Prom Queen."-John Mason
Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer
I gaurentee for $100 bucks I can install that bitch wrong. Any takers?
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-01-2016, 01:21 PM

The latest firmware posted has the gas pedal mapping incorporated in to map1.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11)
Old

Car: 135is DCT
Default 08-03-2016, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The latest firmware posted has the gas pedal mapping incorporated in to map1.

What is gas pedal mapping ?

is mapping for CP different from stock M3/4 ?

cos local here in s.africa there was a CP car with jb4 not goin leka after install ..
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-03-2016, 10:15 AM

Gas pedal mapping just means your gas pedal position is considered when determining the amount of boost over stock to add, on map1. Previously this was only used on maps2+.

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old

Default 10-03-2016, 08:21 PM

T and I hit the dyno again after adding the water meth, solid results, thanks brother!

JB4, E40 with 50/50 Water Meth, Dual CMS Nozzles, stock Dp's, exhaust, intake.

556WHP / 570WTQ

Map 8, E40 with 50/50 Water Meth, X3 dyno runs and Log

(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-03-2016, 08:58 PM

Burger Motorsports