N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2007 335i e92
Default 2014 Camaro ss Vs. 07 335i - 04-18-2016, 05:30 PM

Hey,
Im new to these forums but had a question. So i have an 07 335i and my cousin has a 2014 camaro ss. He always brags that he can beat me easily but i think otherwise. Im only 16 so i cant really race him atm He is stock. I have JB4, vrsf intercooler, CAI, Charge pipe and hks BOV. Has anyone raced something similar and what was the outcome? Thanks!
(#2)
Old

Car: 335i coupe
Default 04-18-2016, 05:41 PM

I think with map 2 u should win because of weight. If you can use e85 and map 5 he has no chance. Maybe experiment with octane booster and map 5 to get more boost than map 2 or race gas and map 7 to make him feel bad and start upgrading his car because he lost so bad.

jb4 G5 fbo w/ mmp inlets and 3.5 sensor
(#3)
Old

Default 04-18-2016, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshan
I think with map 2 u should win because of weight. If you can use e85 and map 5 he has no chance. Maybe experiment with octane booster and map 5 to get more boost than map 2 or race gas and map 7 to make him feel bad and start upgrading his car because he lost so bad.
do you think methanol is a good upgrade? Can you actually feel it make it faster because ive been thinking about it, want to make him cry more
(#4)
Old

Car: 07 335i 6 speed
Default 04-18-2016, 07:13 PM

You have a 335i and you're 16? Must be nice. Methanol makes a big difference.
(#5)
Old
Need4Speed

Car: 2010 E90 335i M-sport
Default 04-18-2016, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bme30
You have a 335i and you're 16? Must be nice. Methanol makes a big difference.
Sadly N54's can be had for so cheap now a days that 16 year olds are driving them. Out of high school I got a new Mazda 3 for $22k. I would've much rather of had a 335i for thousands less. A friend of mine purchased an 08' 135i (clean title) with 80k miles for $8500 because the driver thought a turbo was blown (ended up being a bad injector..).

OP, run a low E30 mix and use map 5, you'll smoke your friend.

SOLD - FBO N54, Pure Turbos stage 2, TFT inlets, JB4/MHD, EOS intake manifold w/PI, Fuel-it stage 3
(#6)
Old

Car: 335I
Default 04-18-2016, 08:15 PM

Before doing anymore mods Id get the Mhd flash. With that and your mods you will pull him on map 2 no prob.
Or like everyone is saying, few gallons of E85 and map 5 with your current setup will take the win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bme30
You have a 335i and you're 16? Must be nice.
I was thinking this too. lol I didnt even have a car till I was 17.

Garrett Gtw 6465, Supporting mods , Mhd/Jb4
(#7)
Old

Car: 335is DCT
Default 04-18-2016, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3CI5N335i
Sadly N54's can be had for so cheap now a days that 16 year olds are driving them..
This....

Makes me want to switch cars, lol. All these local kids picking up 3rd and 4th hand 335i's acting like idiots. I'm twice their age and people kind of lump you into the same group with them!

335is DCT
(#8)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW 135i
Default 04-18-2016, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musc
This....

Makes me want to switch cars, lol. All these local kids picking up 3rd and 4th hand 335i's acting like idiots. I'm twice their age and people kind of lump you into the same group with them!
Akkk, I'm three times his age.
My car in High School was a 1978 Honda Accord hatchback with a two speed Hondamatic transmission.
That was way back when no one modded Hondas.

2009 BMW 135i | Alpinweiß | 6AT | MHD/BMS JB4 G5 ISO32.8 | JB4 MHD 3/15/17 E85 Backend Flash | BMS Anti-Lag | Fuel-It Stage 2/ES-1/JB4 integration Kit | AD Engineering Port Injection | PR (Turbo-side) Inlets | PR Ignition System | VRSF DP | aFe Exhaust | Cobb FMIC | ER CP | Tial BOV | N20 TMAP | BMS Oil Cooler Valve | JB4 Mobile | 100% E85 | H&R Swaybars F&R | BA Diff Lock | StopTech D&S Rotors F&R | Cool Carbon Pads | Michelin PSS

(#9)
Old

Car: 335I
Default 04-19-2016, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texsquirrel
Akkk, I'm three times his age.
My car in High School was a 1978 Honda Accord hatchback with a two speed Hondamatic transmission.
That was way back when no one modded Hondas.
Before modded Hondas?!! Holy **** man!

Garrett Gtw 6465, Supporting mods , Mhd/Jb4
(#10)
Old

Default 04-19-2016, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom77
Before doing anymore mods Id get the Mhd flash. With that and your mods you will pull him on map 2 no prob.
Or like everyone is saying, few gallons of E85 and map 5 with your current setup will take the win.

what is e85 and do i need to do anything other than just put it in the tank? i hear about it a lot but not sure on what it is and thanks for the info. Just gives me more confidence
(#11)
Old

Default 04-19-2016, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musc
This....

Whats wrong with owning that car? I think its an amazing car and was very grateful to get it. luckily im the second owner with 41k miles for an 07. I couldn't have asked for anything better.
(#12)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i
Default 04-19-2016, 04:48 AM

You must have a good job too. I worked everyday after school and the weekend over a decade ago and having a modified BMW in those days wasn't even something anybody would of even thought of as being normal unless you had rich parents. I'm grouped in with the rest of the older guys on here and had a 90 Honda Prelude. It's just a different age now and things come to young people a lot faster and easier than it use to. It's good that you are grateful but I would suggest stashing some money first and modding down the road because that car should be more than quick enough for a young guy like you. Probably should get some more seat time before worrying about beating your friends camaro. But to keep it on topic, E85 and map 5 like others have said would be the way to go IMO considering I'm running both and I think E85 has more potential and much cheaper than buying an entire meth system. E85 is fuel with high concentrate of ethanol which is available at the pump, just google it to find the nearest gas station that supplies it.
(#13)
Old

Default 04-19-2016, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54QC
You must have a good job too. I worked everyday after school and the weekend over a decade ago and having a modified BMW in those days wasn't even something anybody would of even thought of as being normal unless you had rich parents. I'm grouped in with the rest of the older guys on here and had a 90 Honda Prelude. It's just a different age now and things come to young people a lot faster and easier than it use to. It's good that you are grateful but I would suggest stashing some money first and modding down the road because that car should be more than quick enough for a young guy like you. Probably should get some more seat time before worrying about beating your friends camaro. But to keep it on topic, E85 and map 5 like others have said would be the way to go IMO considering I'm running both and I think E85 has more potential and much cheaper than buying an entire meth system. E85 is fuel with high concentrate of ethanol which is available at the pump, just google it to find the nearest gas station that supplies it.
Those were some very good points. I guess you just put everything into perspective because I have been working non stop to pay for upgrades for that car. I should be saving more but do have some in Apple stocks. I would just like to beat the camaro because he is always bragging and putting the car down. I'm pretty sure they sell ethanol free gas around me thanks so much for the advice!
(#14)
Old

Car: 2008 e92 335i, jb4 tune, bmw m performance exhuast, lux halo lights, BMS intake, h@r coilovers
Default 04-19-2016, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom77

where do u go to get the mhd flash done, and what does it approve upon from the just jb4
(#15)
Old

Default 04-19-2016, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Should I just get the meth kit since they don't sell e85 around me?
(#16)
Old

Car: 2009 535i
Default 04-19-2016, 07:16 AM

Around you is relative . Find the closest one and put 5 gallons in and fill the rest up with 93 or whatever is available. Put on map 5 and do 2 or 3 pulls in 3rd gear. You'll be surprised.

2009 535i M-SPORT AT
JB4 G5 ISO, BMS DCI, E85 BEF ON 100% E85, VRSF DP'S, 7" VRSF IC, VRSF CP W/ TIAL BOV, MMP Inlets & Outlets, TBI & Stage 2 LPFP,1792s in for 2nd cats, Potenza RE-11's
(#17)
Old

Default 04-19-2016, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsoxs19
Those were some very good points. I guess you just put everything into perspective because I have been working non stop to pay for upgrades for that car. I should be saving more but do have some in Apple stocks. I would just like to beat the camaro because he is always bragging and putting the car down. I'm pretty sure they sell ethanol free gas around me thanks so much for the advice!
Not sure if that was sarcasm but I'm going to take it with a grain of salt. Wasn't saying you don't work hard, you very well could have good head on your shoulders and are a very hard worker. Just see a lot of spoiled kids these days so sometimes it very hard to know who actually is busting there butts to get something and who has it handed to them. I understand your frustration with that guy but don't let him get to you. Take a little more time, do practice launches "on a safe road" to understand your car better and continue to do your research. Knowing your car and how to launch it will make up more ground than just throwing some mods on the car. When that time comes and you feel like you got the seat time in, you'll blow him away and he'll have nothing left to say. If you let him get to you and expedite a race and he happens to beat you, well.....I'm sure you understand where I'm going with that. If E85 isn't available for you, I would get ***less DP's before the methanol IMO. Methanol IMO won't make as much of difference until you are essentially FBO and I noticed good gains with the DP's when I put mine on.
(#18)
Old

Default 04-19-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Not sure if that was sarcasm but I'm going to take it with a grain of salt. Wasn't saying you don't work hard, you very well could have good head on your shoulders and are a very hard worker. Just see a lot of spoiled kids these days so sometimes it very hard to know who actually is busting there butts to get something and who has it handed to them. I understand your frustration with that guy but don't let him get to you. Take a little more time, do practice launches "on a safe road" to understand your car better and continue to do your research. Knowing your car and how to launch it will make up more ground than just throwing some mods on the car. When that time comes and you feel like you got the seat time in, you'll blow him away and he'll have nothing left to say. If you let him get to you and expedite a race and he happens to beat you, well.....I'm sure you understand where I'm going with that. If E85 isn't available for you, I would get ***less DP's before the methanol IMO. Methanol IMO won't make as much of difference until you are essentially FBO and I noticed good gains with the DP's when I put mine on.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound sarcastic. I genuinely appreciated your thoughts on the subject. It just made me realize that I should slow down a bit and just think about things. I have been constantly trying to find new parts and ordering them without regard to saving anything. It's hard to not let my cousin get to me because we see each other a lot lol, but il take your advice and do the practice and when the time is right I will shut him up once and for all. As far as the ******* dp's I am mostly worried about emissions. Would it still pass if I live in NY? Haven't had it inspected since it was bought stock. Thanks for all of your advice!
(#19)
Old

Car: 97 Supra
Default 04-19-2016, 09:01 AM

my rb fbo car walks bolt on zl1's if that helps any :p
(#20)
Old

Default 04-19-2016, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijahcole92
my rb fbo car walks bolt on zl1's if that helps any :p
Rb?
(#21)
Old

Car: 08 335i MT
Default 04-19-2016, 09:41 AM

I held with a 2015 M5 (exhaust and ???) from 70-130 with only MHD tune and 91 octane on my 335i that's it.
M5 also got the jump also.

I think you will be fine as is.

08 335i MT, JB4, MHD, ***, ER Comp. FMIC, ER Charge Pipe, Forge DVs. Custom Alcantara/ Napa Steering Wheel. RB inlets (when I get time)
-Save the Manuals-
(#22)
Old

Default 04-19-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsoxs19
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound sarcastic. I genuinely appreciated your thoughts on the subject. It just made me realize that I should slow down a bit and just think about things. I have been constantly trying to find new parts and ordering them without regard to saving anything. It's hard to not let my cousin get to me because we see each other a lot lol, but il take your advice and do the practice and when the time is right I will shut him up once and for all. As far as the ******* dp's I am mostly worried about emissions. Would it still pass if I live in NY? Haven't had it inspected since it was bought stock. Thanks for all of your advice!
Unfortunately I can't answer that at this point. I did the DP fix wires so that way I could pass emissions when it comes up but since I've been working out of state, I got a waiver which allows me to skip emissions till the next one comes up (so every two years for my state). I haven't heard of anybody as of yet that has failed it with the wire fix unless they done a heavily modified exhaust but also haven't done extensive research either. I would just keep your stock ***** and if you don't pass, throw the stockers temporary back on to pass. It's a little bit of a pain the first time you do it, but after that it's a breeze since you know tricks that make it easier and much quicker to swap. If you drop the subframe which is only 6 bolts, it's not really that bad at all.
(#23)
Old

Default 04-19-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately I can't answer that at this point. I did the DP fix wires so that way I could pass emissions when it comes up but since I've been working out of state, I got a waiver which allows me to skip emissions till the next one comes up (so every two years for my state). I haven't heard of anybody as of yet that has failed it with the wire fix unless they done a heavily modified exhaust but also haven't done extensive research either. I would just keep your stock ***** and if you don't pass, throw the stockers temporary back on to pass. It's a little bit of a pain the first time you do it, but after that it's a breeze since you know tricks that make it easier and much quicker to swap. If you drop the subframe which is only 6 bolts, it's not really that bad at all.
What are the DP fix wires?
(#24)
Old

Default 04-19-2016, 10:14 AM

It would probably be best to just google N54 DP fix and you should get results that will steer you to the products and details on what it does.
(#25)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW E90 335i
Default 04-19-2016, 01:49 PM

I routinely beat my friend's 2015 camaro SS with just a flash, DCI and VRSF 7" intercooler. So I'd say yes, you will beat him