N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Anything with a Turbo
Default VTT Bounty Program Announcment! - 09-28-2015, 08:14 AM

Hey guys! Hope everyone had a good weekend. We are super excited to announce our new VTT customer appreciation / Bounty / Sponsorship program!

It has become a common theme for people to buy expensive performance parts, and seemingly disappear. This is frustrating for not only the community, but the vendor as well. It seems the only people who speak up, are the unhappy ones. Well we decided to do something about it.

Starting today we now offer cold hard cash in bounties to all VTT customers for showing your love for VTT products! The bounty system will work as follows.

VTT Customer Appreciation / Bounty program break down

Product unboxing:
1. Pictures of VTT product unboxing on social media with hashtags #VTT #VTTO #VTTbounty, and tagging of @vargasturbo. Pictures have to be posted on IG, and facebook. Email us directly with the links, invoice number, and paypal address. We will paypal you the bounty within 24 hours.

Product value / Bounty received:

$500 or less / $5 bounty
$500-$1000 / $10 bounty
$1000-2000 / $15 bounty
$2000-$3000 / $20 bounty
$3000+ / $25 bounty

2. Thread with Pictures of VTT product unboxing on forums with #VTT #VTTO #VTTbounty, tagging of sales@vargasturbotech. Thread has to be posted on BB, N54Tech, and E90. Email us directly with the links, invoice number, and paypal address. We will paypal you the bounty within 24 hours. Same bounty schedule for forums, meaning you can double up if you do social media, and forums!

Product value / Bounty received:

$500 or less / $5 bounty
$500-$1000 / $10 bounty
$1000-2000 / $15 bounty
$2000-$3000 / $20 bounty
$3000+ / $25 bounty

Product review:
Post a review of your VTT products, and customer service to the forums. Using the same hashtags as above, as well as link to review posted to Social media with hashtags. The review needs to be of installed product, working on the vehicle, including miles driven, initial impressions, etc

Product value / Bounty received

$500 or less / $10 bounty
$500-$1000 / $20 bounty
$1000-2000 / $30 bounty
$2000-$3000 / $40 bounty
$3000+ / $50 bounty

Performance Bounty:

This program is our way of rewarding customers who are out there with VTT products, racing, and making big power.

We are looking for dyno numbers, time slips, roll racing traps, LEGAL and SAFE racing videos, etc. Program works the same, post the above to social media, AND the forums with the supplied hashtags, as well as tagging us to qualify.

All dyno numbers, will have to accompanied with the original DRF, and video of the run, showing the actual run, and numbers on a DYNOJET dyno only. mile slips will need to have video of actual run with time shown on the same video, as well as the slip. Roll racing, video of race, and trap speed. again email us with links, invoice #, and paypal. VTT stickers need to be visible on every vehicle either in the video, or pictures posted with the video to qualify. Bounties are as follows

Dyno numbers:

N54:
OEM-Stage 1 450+WHP $25
Stage 2 /2+ 600+WHP $50
Stage 3 700-800 WHP $75
Stage 3 800-900 WHP $100
Stage 3 900-1000WHP $150
Stage 3 1000+WHP $250
New platform record $250

N55:
Stage 1 400+ WHP $50
Stage 2 500+WHP $100

(Other platforms to be added)

Racing:

slips:
12.0-11.5 slip $25
11.5-11.00 slip $50
10 second time slip $250
New platform record $250

Roll racing:
Kill video $25
Kill video while running direct VTT competitor $100
Trophy class win $200
Platform trap record $250

*See Performance bounty notes below

Sponsorship program:

You have a car you feel deserves sponsorship, we will offer sponsorship in this fashion.

Email us with a description of the car, your plans for it, how active you are in racing etc. If we think you fit our goals for sponsorship. We will grant you a discount code for products purchased. You can also earn the same bounties as everyone else to even further your discount level. Note we do not sponsor show cars, we are a performance company, we sponsor performance cars. There are minimum exposure requirements for sponsorship, which will be discussed on an individual basis.

These programs are in place, and active as of today 09-27-15, please let us know if you have any questions!

*We reserve the right to evaluate every entry for validity, and deny bounty claims if we feel they are not legit. Performance bounties are for vehicles with VTT turbochargers, and or VTT accessories. Not VTT accessories only. Any Srace video we feel shows illegal, or unsafe racing will not be accepted, and we reserve the right to report the illegal activity to the highway patrol, multiple LEGAL race video entries are awarded a bounty at our discretion. For the strip the first pass at each ET level will be rewarded, then we will not award a bounty until you reach the next tier. We do not condone or support illegal street racing, all performance bounties are to be performed under safe, and sanctioned racing events to even be considered

Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
Making the world happier one turbocharger at a time

Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 09-28-2015 at 12:56 PM..
(#2)
Old

Car: n54 335
Default 09-28-2015, 08:29 AM

this is interesting

751WHP 688WTQ
JP Works Kit Record
SOLD: E90 335i 751whp 688WTQ
CURRENT: E82 135i (under construction)
Visit my website VaderSolution.com !
(#3)
Old

Car: 09 E92 335i
Default 09-28-2015, 08:43 AM

Maybe you should focus on actually making and delivering your products instead of coming up with these BS marketing schemes that you seem to come up with every few months or so, preying on those who are new to the community and have no idea what your track record is like...

But I guess charging people 20% for cancellation on items you don't even stock is pretty good business model, for you at least...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1177371

09 BMW E92 335i: EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins
(#4)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 09-28-2015, 08:54 AM

This is going to burn down in flames. I think you typed faster than you thought about what you just posted. You are rewarding people for committing an illegal crime. I'd suggest taking that part out before you find yourself in trouble legally.
(#5)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Car: 135i N54
Default 09-28-2015, 09:01 AM

It is true that people are an order of magnitude more likely to comment/review about bad experiences over good ones, especially online.

I'm OK with providing the bounty to help get customer experiences more visible, but I think offering cash to only people who write positive reviews is crossing into dangerous territory. IMHO you should drop that portion of this.
(#6)
Old

Default 09-28-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorsprung_CJB
It is true that people are an order of magnitude more likely to comment/review about bad experiences over good ones, especially online.

I'm OK with providing the bounty to help get customer experiences more visible, but I think offering cash to only people who write positive reviews is crossing into dangerous territory. IMHO you should drop that portion of this.
You can post any review you choose, negative, positive, its up to you. The fact remains, for whatever reason most people who are happy tend to just disappear and never post. A small incentive is a great way to get them to post some photos, and reviews IF THEY WANT. If they want to post them with no bounty, by all means, go right ahead. As for the person talking about legality. We clearly state only LEGAL, AND SAFE racing entries will be accepted. We have numerous street racing events here in California sanctioned, and safe. No illegal street racing activity will be accepted, that should be obvious.

Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com

Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 09-28-2015 at 09:41 AM..
(#7)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 09-28-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm5596
This is going to burn down in flames. I think you typed faster than you thought about what you just posted. You are rewarding people for committing an illegal crime. I'd suggest taking that part out before you find yourself in trouble legally.
Where does it say anything about doing illegal crimes? Not once does it say that. It does however say, LEGAL and SAFE in capital letters.

----------------
Stacked BMS Flash & JB4, Dinan CAI, ER Chargepipe, 7" VRSF Intercooler, VRSF DP's, ER Sport Oil Cooler w/Steel lines, Gunmetal 19" VMR V710's, 335is clutch, Wavetrac LSD, M3 FSB, M3 Front & Rear Control arms, M3 RSB, M3 rear subframe bushings, M3 guide rods
(#8)
Old

Default 09-28-2015, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9Blue
Maybe you should focus on actually making and delivering your products instead of coming up with these BS marketing schemes that you seem to come up with every few months or so, preying on those who are new to the community and have no idea what your track record is like...

But I guess charging people 20% for cancellation on items you don't even stock is pretty good business model, for you at least...

As stated before, we love our haters. Without haters you aren't doing anything worth noticing. Thanks for stopping by

Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#9)
Old

Default 09-28-2015, 09:19 AM

The microwave society with live in is honestly scary. In order to gain understanding of anything you must read the entire thing. So here we go again.

Performance Bounty:

This program is our way of rewarding customers who are out there with VTT products, racing, and making big power.

We are looking for dyno numbers, time slips, roll racing traps, LEGAL and SAFE racing videos, etc.

*See Performance bounty notes below

*We reserve the right to evaluate every entry for validity, and deny bounty claims if we feel they are not legit. Performance bounties are for vehicles with VTT turbochargers, and or VTT accessories. Not VTT accessories only. Any race video we feel shows illegal, or unsafe racing will not be accepted, and we reserve the right to report the illegal activity to the highway patrol, multiple LEGAL street race video entries are awarded a bounty at our discretion. For the strip the first pass at each ET level will be rewarded, then we will not award a bounty until you reach the next tier.

Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com

Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 09-28-2015 at 09:40 AM..
(#10)
Old

Default 09-28-2015, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenvert
There is no such thing as legal street racing. Street racing, by definition, is illegal.

You've opened yourself up to some pretty nasty liability lawsuits with this.
You obviously have never been to a sanctioned street racing event. We have them here in California. The street is closed off for the event, and it is akin to a runway event but on a closed roadway, hence the term street racing. We appreciate your input, looks like we have everyone's attention. The word "street" was removed just incase anyone was not aware of sanctioned events

Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#11)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 09-28-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
There is no such thing as legal street racing. Street racing, by definition, is illegal.

You've opened yourself up to some pretty nasty liability lawsuits with this.
Actually there is legal street racing...Its not all illegal.

----------------
Stacked BMS Flash & JB4, Dinan CAI, ER Chargepipe, 7" VRSF Intercooler, VRSF DP's, ER Sport Oil Cooler w/Steel lines, Gunmetal 19" VMR V710's, 335is clutch, Wavetrac LSD, M3 FSB, M3 Front & Rear Control arms, M3 RSB, M3 rear subframe bushings, M3 guide rods
(#12)
Old
Guy with the pet snails

Car: 135i vert
Default 09-28-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech
You obviously have never been to a sanctioned street racing event. We have them here in California. The street is closed off for the event, and it is akin to a runway event but on a closed roadway, hence the term street racing. We appreciate your input, looks like we have everyone's attention. The word "street" was removed just incase anyone was not aware of sanctioned events
Quote:
Originally Posted by swat
Actually there is legal street racing...Its not all illegal.
I've always called that stuff roll racing. Never heard of sanctioned events being classified as "street" before. Guess it's an East Coast/West Coast thing

Motorsport Photographer, PM for Pricing on Car Shoots - mattkalish.com

(#13)
Old

Default 09-28-2015, 10:09 AM

Quote:
I've always called that stuff roll racing. Never heard of sanctioned events being classified as "street" before. Guess it's an East Coast/West Coast thing
No worries man, honestly I appreciate you being so aggressive about it. Its a very slippery slope, and we prefer to just remove the word street all together, to avoid any confusion.

This program is simply designed to encourage our customers to get involved in reviewing products, making unboxing posts, and out there racing, nothing else.

We think its about time customers can look forward to some sort of reward for spending the money, and time it takes to be at the top of the pack! We want to reward you for doing it with our products! Thanks again for the support!

Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#14)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 09-28-2015, 10:16 AM

Nice Idea Tony...keep up the good work, let the haters hate
(#15)
Old

Car: 2007 335i Coupe
Default 09-28-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:

You know things must be pretty bad when you have to pay customers to write positive reviews about your products. It sounds like someone's getting pretty desperate...
(#16)
Old

Car: 09 E92 335i
Default 09-28-2015, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdady
You know things must be pretty bad when you have to pay customers to write positive reviews about your products. It sounds like someone's getting pretty desperate...
Yeah, but the sad part there will be people falling for this...

09 BMW E92 335i: EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins
(#17)
Old

Car: 2007 335i Coupe
Default 09-28-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Yeah, but the sad part there will be people falling for this...
I agree but VTT is forgetting one key part of this process. This won't work without happy customers. Believe me $250 won't turn an unhappy customer into a happy customer. At least not on a long term basis.
(#18)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 09-28-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:

I agree with everything you just said. No argument here haha. Couldn't even think of anything better to say.

| ProCharged C6 Z06 | F44 M235i | F30 330i |
(#19)
Old

Default 09-28-2015, 12:18 PM

this is so ****ed and underhanded. Only you Tony could come up with something like this and then have the balls to make it public and think it was a good idea. You need to stop smoking that cali reefer and go back to your day job of being a camera man and finding a new job every year.

I seriously almost feel like we need a sticky to document off the shady stuff you have done over the years instead of having to try and remember it all.

You are pissed because all the 1/4 records, you tube videoes, etc. are of RBs or singles. So you want to get your name out there. You want to monetarily incentivize your customers to artificially flood the internet with videos, reviews, and dynos(free advertising for you) so you can sell more turbos. Makes sense, understood. Wikkid underhanded as your competition has never done this afaik and if they did you would be the 1st person to call them out.

However, the fact you are paying people to act like it is an independent review when it IS IMPOSSIBLE to review anything subjectively if are being paid you review a product or given ANY monetary incentive is a joke.

You really didn't think this one through did you?

So when there is a flood of videos, threads, reviews, dynos, etc. of your products the ONLY reason people are posting them is to get money back they shouldn't have been charged in the 1st place. Go take $100 off your turbos instead of making your customers jump through hoops and give you free advertising just so they can have their own money back.

What a crock of ****.

Oh and E90 post called, they don't want you back as a Vendor.

I like the part about how only positive reviews get their money back. So an honest review that the OP doesn't suck on your hog will not get their own money back. There is a reason this is not allowed on Amazon, Yelp, Google+, etc.

E92 ACF 6466 + AM Meth / E70 #1 / E70 #2 JBD

Got Boost?

Last edited by Torgus; 09-28-2015 at 12:39 PM..
(#20)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-28-2015, 12:42 PM

How much does it cost to post a negative review?

In all seriousness I think as long as you're up front with it paying your customers to help market your products is a viable approach for a small company. Just be prepared for potential customers not to take the positive reviews as seriously as they might if they were unsolicited. It wasn't long ago that Vishnu did a similar thing. Offered a publicly stated discount to customers who would switch tunes and post positive forum feedback. Many reviews sprang up but since they were solicited they didn't have much impact.
So in that regard it can backfire on you. Some may also find paying for reviews unethical and become turned off.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#21)
Old

Default 09-28-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
How much does it cost to post a negative review?

In all seriousness I think as long as you're up front with it paying your customers to help market your products is a viable approach for a small company. Just be prepared for potential customers not to take the positive reviews as seriously as they might if they were unsolicited. It wasn't long ago that Vishnu did a similar thing. Offered a publicly stated discount to customers who would switch tunes and post positive forum feedback. Many reviews sprang up but since they were solicited they didn't have much impact.
So in that regard it can backfire on you. Some may also find paying for reviews unethical and become turned off.
The reviews are a small part of this program, our big hope is the dyno / racing program. While getting the people who are too busy, or cant be bothered to write reviews is important to us. The marketing value of a new record, race video, or time slip is much more valuable. It is extremely common practice to offer small incentives to customers to help them act. Tiny unknown business publications such a Forbes encourage it. Tells you it works... As far as soliciting, that would be us putting out an email blast to every customer telling them to write a review. This program is now in place, we wont be talking any more about it. If you own a product, or buy a product, feel free to write an honest review, be it positive, or negative, we will reward you for taking the time out of your busy day to do so. Everyones time is valuable, including the time it takes to write a review, if you take that time to write about your experience with VTT, thanking you with a reward is the least we can do. Pretty simple concept used the world over in marketing. That you are bringing up a company offering people money to switch tunes is confusing to me, can you point out anywhere we are offering anything to anyone except VTT customers.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/allbusin...siness-online/

Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com

Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 09-28-2015 at 01:17 PM..
(#22)
Old

Car: 135
Default 09-28-2015, 01:18 PM

No matter how you spin it, you are paying customers to write positive reviews. Read it again folks, say it out loud, no matter how many paragraphs you use to describe the process that's all that it is, and its ****ing shady. Everybody knows that happy customers post less than unhappy customers. Like Terry alluded to, you are basically charging your unhappy customers the same amount if they post a negative review. Why should someone get charged more for sharing their experiance doing business with you if it was bad? I guess I shouldn't care about the people you dupe. Won't affect me because I'd never give you any bussiness anyway.

2009 135i 6MT Jet Black, FBO+
(#23)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335
Default 09-28-2015, 01:29 PM

Tony how about videos from someone with RB's I am looking to run anyone with VTT just to see where they are at. I will go pro it all good fun always looking for someone to go to the track with. Is there a bounty for this?

2011 335is DCT
Pure Stage 2 Hi-Flo Turbos | PSP outlets | RB Inlets | Wagner Evo 2 intercooler | Wagner Dpipes's | JB4 G5/MHD| Precision Raceworks Coils |PFS Bucketed Double shot LPFP | Phoenix Charge Pipe with Tial BOV | JB4 G5/MHD | BMS DCI's

RIP 2007 E90 335i
Doc Race 6266 Single Turbo | TFT Charge Pipe | JB4 G5/MHD | FuelIt stg 3 LPFP | Cpe/BMS PI | 100% E85 | DSS Axles | Cpe FMIC | Tial BOV

N54 World Record ET: 10.721 | Best MPH 130.92
(#24)
Old

Default 09-28-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltalima0
Tony how about videos from someone with RB's I am looking to run anyone with VTT just to see where they are at. I will go pro it all good fun always looking for someone to go to the track with. Is there a bounty for this?
Find someone to run with our turbos, and let him know about the bounty, we would love to see those runs. Unfortunately we cannot offer a bounty for race videos of competitors products.

Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#25)
Old

Default 09-28-2015, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech
Tiny unknown business publications such a Forbes encourage it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/allbusin...siness-online/
You didn't read the Forbes article at all did you?

"4. Incent (but Don’t Buy) Reviews

Sometimes even your most satisfied customers need some extra incentive to take time out of their busy schedule to write a review. Offering a small incentive is a good way to show your appreciation. You just need to make sure your offer is for writing a review, and not for writing a good review. Monthly giveaways, where you choose one reviewer at random, are effective ways to encourage reviews, and there’s no semblance of a transaction where you are paying for a review.
"

You are sending people money. Period. That is a transaction where you are paying for a review. Which Forbes says explicitly not to do. lol. You are really too much. At least read the links you post. Nothing better than: but forbes said it is ok, linking to said article, and the article says don't do what you are doing.

I knew this reaked of Shiv.

E92 ACF 6466 + AM Meth / E70 #1 / E70 #2 JBD

Got Boost?