(#1)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default BMS M5/M6 Performance Intake & Chargepipe - 09-26-2015, 01:48 PM

ORDER LINK: http://www.burgertuning.com/s63tu_BM...ce_intake.html

Install guide. http://burgertuning.com/instructions...e_cp_guide.pdf

Hi guys,

Have been working on our M5 to make an intake/chargepipe combo for the M5/6 models. We have a prototype up on the car and wanted to share some photos and a video with you.
We expect this intake to be just like the S55 were it really only adds a few WHP up top, but main benefits are better spool, throttle response, sound and aggressive looks under the hood. Maybe dyno testing proves otherwise

By the intake and get the CP for free with two meth bungs

No pricing, No eta, No other info as of now.

Update 12/18/15
Quick update. Our M5 Intake and chargepipe kit is ready to be released.

BMS S63tu chargepipe w/meth bungs $229 Intro price!
BMS S63tu Performance Intake $429 Intro price!
BMS S63tu Performance Intake/ chargepipe kit $599!

More info and details later. Not on the website yet.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Last edited by Ando @ BMS; 12-23-2015 at 11:37 AM..
(#2)
Old

Car: 135i / 335i / Z4 3.5
Default 09-26-2015, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando @ BMS
Hi guys,

Have been working on our M5 to make an intake/chargepipe combo for the M5/6 models. We have a prototype up on the car and wanted to share some photos and a video with you.
We expect this intake to be just like the S55 were it really only adds a few WHP up top, but main benefits are better spool, throttle response, sound and aggressive looks under the hood. Maybe dyno testing proves otherwise

No pricing, No eta, No other info as of now.

Someone is excited. That's me.
(#3)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Default 09-26-2015, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott135i
Someone is excited. That's me.
Video updated.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Car: 2014 F10 M5 CP Frozen Grey
Default 09-27-2015, 07:29 PM

Any issues sucking hot air from the engine bay?
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-27-2015, 07:49 PM

Inlet temps look great during initial testing. Plenty of airflow through the factory airbox bottom and front grills to feed it. Like the other intakes we've developed we expect this arrangement will function better than long more restrictive ducting. But we'll do plenty of track testing to verify.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

(#6)
Old

Car: 2015 M235i
Default 09-28-2015, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando @ BMS
Hi guys,

Have been working on our M5 to make an intake/chargepipe combo for the M5/6 models.

Awesome! Put me on the list please.

Curious... Any M5/M6 charge pipe failures yet? I recently bought the JB4, BCM for my M6 *last friday to be exact* and curious if I will have to look into after market options for CP like people were for the M4, 335/M235i...
(#7)
Old

Car: 2007 e92 335
Default 10-07-2015, 11:25 AM

Any update on this intake?
(#8)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Default 10-07-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com
Any update on this intake?
Still few weeks away. I will update the post when getting closer.

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 10-31-2015, 10:12 AM

In production yet?

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-31-2015, 10:26 AM

Yes we approved the final design and they are being made now.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 10-31-2015, 12:22 PM

Will this just be for the M5/6 or will there be a setup that will fit a n63 for the 550s?
(#12)
Old

Default 10-31-2015, 12:53 PM

Remove the snorkel inside the factory box or filter can sit with it on?
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-31-2015, 01:46 PM

I'd remove it leaving hole in the bottom of the airbox.

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Car: 335i M sport
Default 11-02-2015, 12:31 PM

snorker on the bottom of the airbox ? Is that something I'm mission t ? Can someone advise ? I don't think I've seen anything like this in mine.

2014 - M6 f06, FabWorx Ctlss DP's, JB4, FSB meth, Turner Exhaust.
2012 - 650i M sport JB stage 1 (Gone)
2009 - 335i N54 JB4, DINAN CAI, MACHT SHNELL DP'S, HPF FMIC, ER CP, SYNAPSE BOV, EISENMANN RACE EXHAUST, BT OIL CC, COOLINGMIST/SNOW PERFORMANCE METH INJECTION - 427 WHP DYNOJET (Gone)
(#15)
Old

Default 11-02-2015, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iMspizzle
snorker on the bottom of the airbox ? Is that something I'm mission t ? Can someone advise ? I don't think I've seen anything like this in mine.
Yeah - its added boost pre-turbo
(#16)
Old

Default 11-02-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor_2000
Yeah - its added boost pre-turbo
do you have any pictures by any chance ?

2009 - 335i N54 JB4, DINAN CAI, MACHT SHNELL DP'S, HPF FMIC, ER CP, SYNAPSE BOV, EISENMANN RACE EXHAUST, BT OIL CC, COOLINGMIST/SNOW PERFORMANCE METH INJECTION - 427 WHP DYNOJET (Gone)
(#17)
Old

Default 11-02-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iMspizzle
do you have any pictures by any chance ?
Here you go... some have snorkel. Others have a plate blocking it off... yet others have a hole.
Attached Images

Last edited by allmotor_2000; 11-02-2015 at 09:39 PM..
(#18)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 11-03-2015, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor_2000
Here you go... some have snorkel. Others have a plate blocking it off... yet others have a hole.
Plates have proven to add HP - can't find the post at m5post.com
(#19)
Old

Default 11-03-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfelunden
so you're saying it's better not to have neither the hole or the snorkel ?

(#20)
Old

Default 11-03-2015, 02:31 PM

Quote:
How is less air into the box a good thing ?!
(#21)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Default 11-03-2015, 07:42 PM

if you have the snorkel just remove it. There is no need to close the hole. It lets in additional air to the filter.

Burger Motorsports

Last edited by Ando @ BMS; 11-03-2015 at 09:38 PM..
(#22)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-03-2015, 08:09 PM

Quote:
I think the M5 community is confused and/or wrong. The hole in the bottom of the airbox is to reduce vacuum within the airbox at higher RPM. Having the extra airflow in to the box from that hole is the reason we barely need intakes with them to start with.

Burger Motorsports

(#23)
Old

Car: 2010 535
Default 11-04-2015, 02:45 PM

I wish this setup was available for us f10 550i guys. Why won't the M5 airbox setup work on our N63/N63tu engines?

2012 550i M sport - JB stage 1
(#24)
Old

Default 11-04-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535_BiTurbo
I wish this setup was available for us f10 550i guys. Why won't the M5 airbox setup work on our N63/N63tu engines?
Try it - there are a ton of guys with them sitting on their garage shelves. Maybe one will let you borrow.
(#25)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Default 11-22-2015, 03:01 PM

We are getting very close to the release of M5/6 intake & chargepipes.
Happy to announce the intake was used on our development M5 that dynoed 771whp and 834wt. This kit is going to be HOT!! It will be around $429 intro price for the intake.

Burger Motorsports

Last edited by Ando @ BMS; 11-23-2015 at 11:26 AM..