N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default New JB4 enclosure - 09-05-2013, 08:02 PM

Hey guys,

The new JB4 enclosures finally came in and they look great. In addition to being a little larger they are also made of a high temperature resin and won't deform.

Absolutely no reason to get one vs. just running no enclosure at all if yours has deformed for any reason. But, for those that want them: http://burgertuning.com/high_temp_JB4_enclosure.html

Also just to clarify, the enclosure is free but we've tacked on a flat rate $6.50 shipping (domestic & international) to cover shipping costs & labor. At some point we'll change the price to $25 + shipping so if you want one or think you will want one best to grab it now.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: '09 E92
Default 09-05-2013, 09:11 PM

Sweet! Now I can order my G5 upgrade.

335i Coupe: E85 BB flash, JB4 G5 ISO (map 7), DCI and 60% E85 blend: 11.7 @ 120 mph.

Former Best with JB4 (G4, map 5) DCI and 40% E85 blend: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe: 12.173 @ 109.490 MPH
(#3)
Old

Car: 2015 F22 M235i
Default 09-05-2013, 09:19 PM

Nice.

Terry, will the order I placed earlier today arrive with the new box?

-Nick

2014 335i xDrive / Silver / ZF8 / M-Sport / 400M / BM3 2H Map / xHP Stage 3 / ATM FMIC / H&R Sports / VRSF **/CP
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-05-2013, 09:49 PM

N54 JB4 orders as of today have the new enclosure.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Car: E93 335i
Default 09-06-2013, 12:19 AM

Are these avaliable for original g5 owners with deformed enclosures?

Mods: JB4 (G5 ISO), Cobb AP V3, Aquamist HFS-4, BMS DCI, AR Design DP's, ETS FMIC, ETS Charge Pipe, HKS SSQV BOV, BMS CDV, BMS OCC & BMS Clutch Stop..... so far!
(#6)
Old
:shrug

Car: E92 335i
Default 09-06-2013, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
FWIW here is an early sample of the new G5 ISO enclosure. We're going to make it a bit smaller than what you see here and also add our logo to it, etc. But it's basically just a new larger and higher temp plastic enclosure for the same circuit board. Will be free for G5 board owners when ready.
Hey Terry,

I know these are available on the website for $6.50 but you had promised earlier that they would be free for G5 board owners in another thread (quoted above). That's why I had decided to upgrade early and not wait for the new enclosure. I know performance wise it doesn't affect anything but I'd feel somehow better if it was sitting in an enclosure.

I'm sure there are others who are in this boat as well, could you let us know if you will honour the earlier promise of free upgraded enclosures?
(#7)
Old

Car: 335 e90 spt pack 6mt
Default 09-06-2013, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desean81
Hey Terry,

I know these are available on the website for $6.50 but you had promised earlier that they would be free for G5 board owners in another thread (quoted above). That's why I had decided to upgrade early and not wait for the new enclosure. I know performance wise it doesn't affect anything but I'd feel somehow better if it was sitting in an enclosure.

I'm sure there are others who are in this boat as well, could you let us know if you will honour the earlier promise of free upgraded enclosures?
terry did say that, but i am sure they ended up costing more than originally quoted to him and at 6.50 hes probably making 25 cents, If you own a bmw and terrys customer service isnt worth $6.50 you need to sell your car and buy a honda with that petty ****...really, its $6.50
(#8)
Old

Default 09-06-2013, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imageautodetail
terry did say that, but i am sure they ended up costing more than originally quoted to him and at 6.50 hes probably making 25 cents, If you own a bmw and terrys customer service isnt worth $6.50 you need to sell your car and buy a honda with that petty ****...really, its $6.50
I believe the question was directed at Terry, right? If I wanted a debate I would have said -

"Hey - let's debate whether or not we should get a free enclosure for our G5's and discuss whether we should sell our BMWs by asking for a free enclosure! I mean all along I've really wanted a Honda! The new Civic is great!"

It's a simple question - I just want to know if the offer still stands, that's all. Do you regularly answer questions that no one asked you or do you just feel that everyone else is entitled to your opinion?
(#9)
Old

Default 09-06-2013, 06:01 AM

Quote:
I believe the question was directed at Terry, right? If I wanted a debate I would have said -

"Hey - let's debate whether or not we should get a free enclosure for our G5's and discuss whether we should sell our BMWs by asking for a free enclosure! I mean all along I've really wanted a Honda! The new Civic is great!"

It's a simple question - I just want to know if the offer still stands, that's all. Do you regularly answer questions that no one asked you or do you just feel that everyone else is entitled to your opinion?
its a public forum, hence PUBLIC...if it wasnt up for discussion you should have emailed him or pm...enjoy your civic
(#10)
Old

Car: E60 535i
Default 09-06-2013, 06:05 AM

Looks much more sturdy Terry.

2008 535i AT

(Pure Stage 2 + Dr. Euro D/P + VRSF Inlets/Outlets + ER FMIC + ER Charge Pipe + Tial BOV + BMS Filters + Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP + Full catback + MHD Flash + KW V1) - (Cobb V2 + V3 sitting in a box) = Broke
(#11)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 535i Sport
Send a message via Yahoo to Ocean
Default 09-06-2013, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imageautodetail
Is this guy for real? Actually taking time to type up posts and expecting people to answer. Over a $6.50 item?

Dude, it costs thousands to design and manufacture even a little plastic box like this. Why not appreciate the fact that BMS made the effort to redesign their product to make a potential improvement.
But I tell you what, the unit is free. You just need to pay the $6.50 as a handling fee since it requires someone to actually type up a label, put it in a box and mail it to you. Feel better now?

Sleeper 5 series
Performance: Pro tuned MHD, xHP Stage 3 TCU flash, DCI, AR kittens, ER FMIC & CP, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP w ported rail, RB turbos, RB inlets, KW V2, Mfactory LSD
Audio: Jehnert Flatline speakers, Mobridge M1000 DA2 digital preamp, Helix P-DSP, Zapco Z-150.6 amp, CIC iDrive upgrade
(#12)
Old

Default 09-06-2013, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean
Is this guy for real? Actually taking time to type up posts and expecting people to answer. Over a $6.50 item?

Dude, it costs thousands to design and manufacture even a little plastic box like this. Why not appreciate the fact that BMS made the effort to redesign their product to make a potential improvement.
But I tell you what, the unit is free. You just need to pay the $6.50 as a handling fee since it requires someone to actually type up a label, put it in a box and mail it to you. Feel better now?
I think you're mistaking me here. I have never said I don't appreciate product improvement. I would think that any company would want to improve their product, that's not the point.

It's called principle - someone made a promise and I just want to know if it will be fulfilled, that's all.

If you had the choice to pay for something that was free - would you go ahead and pay for it anyways because that's somehow easier than asking a yes or no question? I doubt it. Free or not, I'll be getting the enclosure, but just like any reasonable person - I'd rather it be free than pay for it.

That's why I asked a very simple question - is it still free or not? By the way - the definition of free is that something is without cost - that means shipping too.
(#13)
Old
Legend

Default 09-06-2013, 06:51 AM

Quote:
I think you're mistaking me here. I have never said I don't appreciate product improvement. I would think that any company would want to improve their product, that's not the point.

It's called principle - someone made a promise and I just want to know if it will be fulfilled, that's all.

If you had the choice to pay for something that was free - would you go ahead and pay for it anyways because that's somehow easier than asking a yes or no question? I doubt it. Free or not, I'll be getting the enclosure, but just like any reasonable person - I'd rather it be free than pay for it.

That's why I asked a very simple question - is it still free or not? By the way - the definition of free is that something is without cost - that means shipping too.
OK, that makes total sense. If BMS does not honor their solemn pledge and mail you this $6.50 enclosure free of charge, then let us know. We will then sponsor a fund raising event to ensure that your demand is settled to your satisfaction. Honor will be restored in either case.

Sleeper 5 series
Performance: Pro tuned MHD, xHP Stage 3 TCU flash, DCI, AR kittens, ER FMIC & CP, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP w ported rail, RB turbos, RB inlets, KW V2, Mfactory LSD
Audio: Jehnert Flatline speakers, Mobridge M1000 DA2 digital preamp, Helix P-DSP, Zapco Z-150.6 amp, CIC iDrive upgrade
(#14)
Old

Default 09-06-2013, 06:55 AM

Quote:

right
(#15)
Old

Default 09-06-2013, 07:25 AM

Quote:
OK, that makes total sense. If BMS does not honor their solemn pledge and mail you this $6.50 enclosure free of charge, then let us know. We will then sponsor a fund raising event to ensure that your demand is settled to your satisfaction. Honor will be restored in either case.
My intention wasn't to turn this thread into an argument, it was to ask a question. If principle doesn't matter to you, that's alright, I'm not judging, I just disagree. Rather than answering for BMS and ridiculing the question because you think it's not worth asking, how about you just let him answer the question?

In either case, if you'd like to fund the enclosure and mail it to me - by all means feel free. I'm sure others will take you up on that offer too.

I'd still like to know the answer to my original question though.
(#16)
Old

Car: 335i CDV
Default 09-06-2013, 07:40 AM

Just ordered one. I bought a new board from Terry couple weeks ago, but I don't mind paying for this case. It's all for you Terry!!

Getting there:
'07 E92 6mt,
MMP stage3 hybrid,
MMP Inlet/Outlet,
MHD BMS hybrid E85 BEF,
3.5 bar,
E45,
Fuel-it! Stage 2 standard,
FBO,
Synchrotech(MFactory),
Bimmerlife R8 coils,
N20 plugs(0.020")
(#17)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-06-2013, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Hey Terry,

The enclosure is free but the $6.50 is to cover shipping expenses including shipping labor to process the order. If you really feel the charge is excessive then just email me and we'll work something out. Maybe a payment plan.

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old

Car: E93 335i
Default 09-06-2013, 07:46 AM

Stupid me I should have checked the BMS website to see if they were available as just the enclosure!

Quote:
We will then sponsor a fund raising event to ensure that your demand is settled to your satisfaction.
Could you organise such an event to get me a set of RB's please?

Mods: JB4 (G5 ISO), Cobb AP V3, Aquamist HFS-4, BMS DCI, AR Design DP's, ETS FMIC, ETS Charge Pipe, HKS SSQV BOV, BMS CDV, BMS OCC & BMS Clutch Stop..... so far!
(#19)
Old
IXLR8

Car: 335xi
Default 09-06-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev335i
Stupid me I should have checked the BMS website to see if they were available as just the enclosure!

I will gladly donate to your RB upgrade fund drive!! Paypal address?
(#20)
Old
Legend

Default 09-06-2013, 08:16 AM

Pledging $25 towards Kev's RBs.
Anyone matching?
This is a noble cause for a poor, starving limey Brit bastard on crap petrol.
RBs and 100% meth should sort you right out, mate!

Sleeper 5 series
(#21)
Old
IXLR8

Car: 335xi
Default 09-06-2013, 08:21 AM

I will match you and make it $30!
(#22)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 09-06-2013, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev335i
You see, someone used the word 'please' and already has $60 pledged to a new set of RB's .... or if preferred nearly 10 new JB enclosures and didn't cost Kev a cent
(#23)
Old

Car: 2009 135i
Default 09-06-2013, 09:40 AM

Thanks for the heads up and great entry pricing. I picked one up.
Also, what is involved when transferring from the old to the new? Are there screws holding it in to the enclosure?

Last edited by BrewRifle; 09-06-2013 at 09:59 AM..
(#24)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 09-06-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewRifle
Thanks for the heads up and great entry pricing. I picked one up.
Also, what is involved when transferring from the old to the new? Are there screws holding it in to the enclosure?
No screws.....the enclosure just snaps/unsnaps together.
Pry the two halves apart with a small screwdriver and the board will come out.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#25)
Old
N54ever

Car: 135i
Default 09-06-2013, 10:18 AM

Terry - it seems you've got a die-hard fanbase here! I am one of them.

Clearly, if you ever need a kidney or the business is in trouble (for reasons I couldn't imagine) you can count on your customer base to help you out for sure...LOL