N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default F10 535 Stage2 Info and Directions - 07-29-2012, 06:52 PM

F10 uses the same settings and software as the F30 JB4. Updates will be posted here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...33&postcount=1

Hey guys,

Thanks to a generous local customer we've finally been able to get our hands on an F10 535 long enough to get the Stage2 tuning going. So far we have the basic tuning up and running along with auto clear (for those running the ********, etc). No in dash gauges yet but you can enable/disable the tune using your wheel controls.

As time goes on we hope to make every Stage2 feature F10 compatible. Here is a link to 135/335 N55 Stage2 info and software: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...08&postcount=1

Here is a link to the N55 F10 Stage2 install directions: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...16&postcount=3

Note that the F10/F30 Stage2 uses special firmware and settings. Do not upload 135/335 N55 firmware or your tune will not operate properly. The F10 Stage2 uses the same interface as the 135/335. We will preload the F10/F30 software and write "F10/F30" in black marker on the box prior to shipment.

Video of how to disable and enable the JB4 using your wheel controls:
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: BMW E92 335I AW
Default 07-29-2012, 07:57 PM

Very nice. At least I know I won't be bored if I go for an f10.
(#3)
Old

Car: F10 535i
Default 07-30-2012, 02:41 PM

Woohoo!
Now to pick up this and a DP.
(#4)
Old

Car: x6
Default 07-30-2012, 03:11 PM

nice! compatibility with the E7X?
(#5)
Old

Car: F10 535i : E92 335i
Default 07-30-2012, 07:23 PM

My Review *copied from my post on 'another' forum*

I recently gave my car to Terry for testing of the stage 2 tune he has been working on. He had it for a few days and my casual patience turned into a nagging sense of anticipation as he emailed me progressive updates. I picked the car up this afternoon and am SO impressed. I had Stage1 before this and was definitely happy with it - but this takes it to a new level. The power boost over stock is totally noticeable, but what really makes this tune stand out is the 'lag fix' (as Terry put it). The throttle response is spot on and the way it delivers power through the gears is like I shed a 500lb weight off the car. I don't notice a dramatic decrease in fuel economy either - although I am driving a bit more 'spirited' than normal.

If I had to sum up the tune in one sentence it would be: This is what driving a BMW should feel like.

(And I haven't even tried it in sport/sport+ mode yet!)

If you've been holding out for a solid tune, your wait is almost over. They even figured out how to enable auto-clear so any SES or CEL's that pop up from the tune or a down pipe are already taken care of. Once he works out the on-the-fly map switching with gauge controls there will literally be no competition on the market for N55 tunes. Flash tunes are fine - but if you want something that clears tuner codes and can be removed in 30 minutes for dealer trips - this is the smartest choice so far.

I am running map 1 right now - pretty soon I will fill up with 100 octane and give map 2 a shot.

Thanks again Terry! I will definitely send you updates as I put miles on the car.

F10 550i (BMS Stage 2 for N63)
F06 650i Gran Coupe (SOLD, didn't like it)
F02 750Li (BMS stage 1 beta for N63) (GONE - LEMON LAW)
E92 335i BMS tuned (GONE)
(#6)
Old

Car: BMW, Merc, Ford
Default 07-31-2012, 02:06 AM

Interesting, will it have autotuning?

2012 BMW 740i
2011 Mercedes E250
2010 Lamborghini LP670-4 SV
(#7)
Old

Default 07-31-2012, 06:51 AM

Terry,

Did you notice any significant difference in how the F10 reacted to the JB4 compared to the E9x N55 guys? If tuning is the same then i would suspect there shouldn't be many bugs to iron out for the F10 tune since the n55 e9x guys have been running your stage 2 tune for awhile now.

How do i sign up for this? I don't care for the gauges or map switching. I just want the F10 to feel more like my tuned 335 I've removed tunes from my 335 enough times in the past few years that installing this should be a breeze.

Alan
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-31-2012, 12:06 PM

On the tuning end no problems. It's all the features, etc, that are the real headache as the dash module has been revised along with the wheel control module. And we don't have any of that up and running.

Anyway just order the N55 Stage2 upgrade kit and select F10 in the drop down box.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9)
Old

Default 07-31-2012, 01:49 PM

Thanks...

What does this Stage 2 in its current F10 form gain over the Stage 1 tune?

I don't currently have the stage 1 tune. Do i just order the "N55 Stage2 (JB4) BMW Performance Tuner" and just let you know its for a F10 or do i have to order stage 1 and then also order the upgrade kit?

Thanks Terry. I am going to order it tonight....

Alan

Last edited by Alan L.; 07-31-2012 at 02:19 PM..
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-31-2012, 02:39 PM

Over the Stage1 you get smoother stronger tuning, better lag reduction, code deletion, and some other small features. Get the USB cable for upgrades. It's only a matter of time before we release the in dash controls.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 07-31-2012, 11:01 PM

250 miles on the tune and zero issues to report.

(#12)
Old

Default 08-01-2012, 03:01 PM

^^ good news

Terry,

I noticed that you got your hands on a F30 N55 for testing as well. Are there similarities between the F30 and F10 setups? I am wondering since the F10 either comes with the traditional in dash cluster or the upgraded extended content cluster for cars with HUD, would it be different programming for you to overcome to get the rest of the JB4 features to work on our cars.

Chase - Do you have a BT scanner (bavarian technic) to check if your ECU is throwing any tuner codes? Its worth the investment if you want to know whats going on with the car.

Alan
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-01-2012, 03:21 PM

We own an F30 328, and found it's dash unit matches the F30 335 and F10, but much of the CAN commands, etc, differ between them.

The N55 Stage2 has auto code delete and always throws a couple hidden plausibility codes which are automatically deleted. This works the same way on the F10 platform.

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Default 08-01-2012, 03:54 PM

looking forward to it T - hope there is a DIY guide for E7X install as well.. although I havent been able to find the ECU at all
(#15)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-02-2012, 10:12 AM

I'm sure the X5 and X6 require unique programming. If someone wants to drop one off here for a few day I'd be happy to work on it. Until then, it's Stage1 fro you guys, sorry.

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old

Default 08-03-2012, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I'm sure the X5 and X6 require unique programming. If someone wants to drop one off here for a few day I'd be happy to work on it. Until then, it's Stage1 fro you guys, sorry.
I think its pretty similar with the F10 535. The physical connections to the ECU may be slightly different. However, I won't pretend to know more about it than you Terry. That being said, happy to help out with testing. I'm local to Mike here in Toronto.

Last edited by toronto335i; 08-03-2012 at 12:18 PM..
(#17)
Old

Default 08-03-2012, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan L.

Chase - Do you have a BT scanner (bavarian technic) to check if your ECU is throwing any tuner codes? Its worth the investment if you want to know whats going on with the car.

Alan
Even better - I use ISTA/D

(#18)
Old

Car: 2012 BMW F25 X3 35i
Default 08-03-2012, 11:35 AM

will this work with F25 X3 N55 engine? Eager for stage 2`
(#19)
Old

Default 08-03-2012, 01:13 PM

Has anyone ordered the e85 cables for the n55?
(#20)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-03-2012, 06:06 PM

We have not developed the E85 support for F10s yet, but you can use up to a 20% mix along with map 2.

Burger Motorsports

(#21)
Old
n00b

Car: 2008 535i
Default 08-03-2012, 07:11 PM

Terry,

I have a friend interested in this. He was about to purchase the Stage 1 but then I saw this.

Will the Stage 2 require the Stage 1?

2008 BMW 535i 6AT SAT - 6/2011
AW + BDL | cold/sports pkg | navi
Prior Design | 3D Design | Leon Hardiritt | Mevius | AirRex | JB4 | ar design | BMS
Sponsors: AirRex | ForjWorks
(#22)
Old
BMW Freak

Default 08-03-2012, 09:20 PM

Terry,

Are you working on a N55 Performance Intake for the 535i ?
(#23)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-03-2012, 09:26 PM

Yes, some day on the F10 intake..

Burger Motorsports

(#24)
Old

Car: 2012 BMW F25 X3 35i
Default 08-04-2012, 09:28 AM

Terry,

still awaiting F25 support, how similar is it to the F10?
(#25)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-04-2012, 09:34 AM

I would need to get one locally for a couple days to check out. For some of these less popular models if you guys want to see the Stage2 tuning happen help get a car out here.

Burger Motorsports