N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1476)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 02-23-2011, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90PAT
thats no joke! when i first istalled the jb i took her out for a spin and wasnt impressed, then driving home from school on the highway i overtake a truck DAMN! where did all this power come from??
Cold oil protection, JB4 runs at stock boost until the oil warms up.

Individual Velvet Blue Manual E90 335i M-Sport.
(#1477)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Default 02-23-2011, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kongen71
it's out - check the first page
nop...

2/21 it´s out

2/22 where???

salu2

Time is the best teacher

Too bad it kills all its pupils ....
(#1478)
Old

Car: 2007 335xi
Default 02-23-2011, 05:16 AM

I'm sure he meant his LOGS were from 2/22 (since that was the date he made the post).
(#1479)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 02-23-2011, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEye
Cold oil protection, JB4 runs at stock boost until the oil warms up.
+1 tune wont engage before oil is 160F. Nice safety
(#1480)
Old

Car: 2010 335i Coupe
Default 02-23-2011, 01:11 PM

Anyone else have an issue with your boost gauges not reading the same boost as the boost on fuel? My vent gauge and JB4 don't read the same @ low boost but they do seem to be showing similar peaks. When my vent gauge is showing 0 psi, the JB4 shows about 4 psi. Is something wrong with my vent gauge?
(#1481)
Old

Car: 335i convertible, JB4, Injen intake
Default 02-23-2011, 01:15 PM

Thanks Kongen. Will set it up today.

So pumped for auto tune.

Running V power. Sounds like your in Sydney?

I live in Manly. U?

Have done intake and would like a bit more sound. Thinking muffler delete soon but worried it's too loud?
(#1482)
Old

Default 02-23-2011, 01:16 PM

I've no reason to think the JB4 is wrong, at very slight throttle the boost gauge moves to 2psi etc.

I did have to do a "reset the dials in case they get confused" on mine a few firmware revisions ago as it was boosting to well over 12-13psi when it was cold and 20+ when warm.

Individual Velvet Blue Manual E90 335i M-Sport.
(#1483)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 02-23-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E S P

So pumped for auto tune.

I live in Manly. U?

Have done intake and would like a bit more sound. Thinking muffler delete soon but worried it's too loud?
Do the DP's. More sound and more power. Btw I couldn't be further away from Sydney - I'm in Europe V Power is from Shell which is Dutch
(#1484)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-23-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kang159
Anyone else have an issue with your boost gauges not reading the same boost as the boost on fuel? My vent gauge and JB4 don't read the same @ low boost but they do seem to be showing similar peaks. When my vent gauge is showing 0 psi, the JB4 shows about 4 psi. Is something wrong with my vent gauge?
Pre-boost vs. manifold boost.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1485)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 02-23-2011, 02:50 PM

I can't seem to get the calibration right for the gauge interface on my metric 135i cluster.
The tach is right-on, but the speedo is way off. I tried all the different cluster combinations in the JB4 settings but nothing makes sense.
Any suggestions?
(#1486)
Old

Car: 2008 135i AT
Send a message via Skype™ to OldBooster
Default 02-23-2011, 02:56 PM

CMGS gauge (and other gauges) shows manifold boost, and methanol/alky/H2O injects based on manifold boost levels, thus the vacuum tube.

Terry's unmatched dedication to the N54
Held #1 on www.DragTimes.com:
First to run 11.012 @129.30
(#1487)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-23-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtiGyver
I can't seem to get the calibration right for the gauge interface on my metric 135i cluster.
The tach is right-on, but the speedo is way off. I tried all the different cluster combinations in the JB4 settings but nothing makes sense.
Any suggestions?
Another 135i metric guy mentioned we may have a bug there. Send photos of it in 135i metric mode, at what should be position 1, 2, 3, and 4, and we'll recalibrate an option for you.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1488)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 02-23-2011, 04:12 PM

So I just updated to the newest firmware 2/21.... Should I put "future use D" to 0 now instead of 2 since autopid is automatically set??

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#1489)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-23-2011, 04:15 PM

You can. Doesn't matter though.

Burger Motorsports

(#1490)
Old

Car: 08 BMW 335i
Send a message via AIM to E90PAT
Default 02-23-2011, 08:10 PM

i read my codes and got a 2aaf fuel pump code and another (on my netbook in my car right now) fuel pump related code, should i be worried?

(#1491)
Old

Default 02-23-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90PAT
i read my codes and got a 2aaf fuel pump code and another (on my netbook in my car right now) fuel pump related code, should i be worried?
I have the same code (2aaf), Terry informed me that its a common tuning code. No worries
(#1492)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 02-23-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E S P

So pumped for auto tune.

I live in Manly. U?

Hi ESP,

I just sent you a PM.

I work in Manly.
(#1493)
Old
Asleep at the wheel

Car: 2007 335i Sedan
Default 02-23-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsabor67
I Like Maps 1&2 with their aggresiveness and the power on tap, but I am really starting to like map 5. Very progressive and adaptable. I was mapswitching on the way to work this morning and you can definetly tell the difference.

Now to update and do some logs today!!!!
I'm quickly becoming a huge fan of map 5.

I plan on making it to the dyno after I install my Raceland's to get a baseline on power. I am really curious about what kind of power an N54 with a JB4, DCI and *** on 93 oct and Map 5 will make.

I'm guessing about 350 rwhp...

2007 E90
Not Fast, Not Slow.
(#1494)
Old
Country Roads!

Car: 2009 135i
Default 02-23-2011, 09:02 PM

I have code 29F2. It is going in on Friday for HPFP. Should I leave that code in or clear it?

Mods: FBO
(#1495)
Old
Asleep at the wheel

Car: 2007 335i Sedan
Default 02-23-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHOOPS2
I have code 29F2. It is going in on Friday for HPFP. Should I leave that code in or clear it?
I'd leave the code in.

Clearing the code may lead the service tech to wonder how the ECU isn't throwing a code related to HPFP failure. With some of the threads I've seen on this board and others, I wouldn't give the dealership any rhyme or reason to void my warranty on any level.

Just my $0.02

2007 E90
Not Fast, Not Slow.
(#1496)
Old

Car: 335I
Default 02-23-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naptime
I'm quickly becoming a huge fan of map 5.

I plan on making it to the dyno after I install my Raceland's to get a baseline on power. I am really curious about what kind of power an N54 with a JB4, DCI and *** on 93 oct and Map 5 will make.

I'm guessing about 350 rwhp...
am also curious to c this dybo ,but i guess it should be MORE than 350 RWHP ,maybe close to 400
(#1497)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-23-2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHOOPS2
Only if you expect the dealer to fix it.

Burger Motorsports

(#1498)
Old

Car: 07 E90 335i
Default 02-24-2011, 12:11 AM

Just emailed you some logs, Terry!
(#1499)
Old

Car: 335i E92
Default 02-24-2011, 06:20 AM

Map5 - is the autotune data fully retained by the JB4 when switching out to another map, and then back to 5?

TIA
Steve
(#1500)
Old
Country Roads!

Car: 2009 135i
Default 02-24-2011, 06:31 AM

Ha ha! Thanks! I wasn't exactly sure what the code was for. When these pumps go, they really go. Flatbed pickup tomorrow!

Mods: FBO