N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#526)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-04-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastye92
Whats the difference between the ALPHA and BETA???
With beta you are likely to make it around the block without calling a towtruck.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#527)
Old

Car: any
Default 01-04-2011, 09:31 PM

hahahahaha ^
(#528)
Old

Default 01-04-2011, 10:09 PM

alphas are more dominant whereas betas are more submissive
(#529)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 01-05-2011, 04:02 AM

is autotuning going to be enabled in beta? Has anyone been able to test and log this?
(#530)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-05-2011, 11:07 AM

Autotuning and autopid are disabled, but we'll add them in a future firmware update. Doing some development on those now.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#531)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 01-05-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Autotuning and autopid are disabled, but we'll add them in a future firmware update. Doing some development on those now.
great to hear!
(#532)
Old
Can I haz boost?

Car: 07 e92 335i
Default 01-05-2011, 01:25 PM

so can we upgrade our JB3 to the JB4 beta? or do i have to wait for the full release before getting the credit? (i got my jb3 mid to late November 2010)

Current:
07 e92 BMW 335i 6spd: Injen Dual Cai, Charge Pipe, CP-E Exhaust, JB4
Previous:
2003 Acura RSX-S...400Whp Turbo...Sold...
(#533)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 01-05-2011, 02:39 PM

Can anyone provide a brief explanation of the Global Features and the affect they have once the values are changed. I'm particulary interested in:

Boost Gain, Auto shift damper and feed forward....thanks
(#534)
Old

Car: '11 335is DCT
Default 01-05-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by square&level
Can anyone provide a brief explanation of the Global Features and the affect they have once the values are changed. I'm particulary interested in:

Boost Gain, Auto shift damper and feed forward....thanks
+1. Was about to ask that too.
(#535)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-05-2011, 03:29 PM

Just leave them at the default values, they are not meant for you to change them.

Burger Motorsports

(#536)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 01-05-2011, 04:34 PM

Just put in a order for mine, hope i aint far down the list.. Finally gettting some time to play for the next few months

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#537)
Old

Car: 08' 335xi
Default 01-05-2011, 05:08 PM

So, I just got my 335xi and want to get the JB4 with cone filters and scan tool. I see I can purchase the beta version on the website now. Will the beta versions get a free upgrade to the full release once it is available?
(#538)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-05-2011, 05:43 PM

Firmware updates are always free, and downloaded from this forum. Expect lots of firmware updates for the next few months as we add new features.

Burger Motorsports

(#539)
Old

Car: E92
Default 01-05-2011, 05:47 PM

soo when will the "regular" version be out thats ready to go and doesnt need anything?
(#540)
Old

Default 01-05-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Firmware updates are always free, and downloaded from this forum. Expect lots of firmware updates for the next few months as we add new features.
Sounds good, so how long will it take to receive once I order the JB4 beta?
(#541)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-05-2011, 05:55 PM

The JB4 PnPs are in stock, I think 10 left, give or take.

Burger Motorsports

(#542)
Old

Default 01-05-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Thanks, I'm going to order one off your website right now!
(#543)
Old
Enginerd

Car: 2009 135i
Default 01-05-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
With beta you are likely to make it around the block without calling a towtruck.
Glad I have a truck to tow myself. I would have spent a fortune on the 500 times I had to tow myself back to my garage this week alone. And it's only Wednesday.

--2009 BMW 135i--2016 Nissan Titan XD (Turbo Cummins ISV)--2016 VW Tiguan 2.0Tsi --1988 Beechcraft Bonanza--Suzuki GSX-R 1000--Honda CBR-600RR--

JB4 G5 ISO | MHD | E85 | Fuel-It S3 LPFP / PI | MFactory S3+ Clutch / SMFW / LSD / Mounts | Diff Lock | UUC Tranny Mounts | DwnPipes / Exhaust / FMIC | Chargepipe / Tial | KW V3s | HR Sways | HPA full M3 Suspension | BMS DCI / Oil Cooler Valve / Cowl Filters / 4bar / 2Step / OCC | RB PCV | Stri Gauges | Pole Position 225/265 | Installing: DR 6466ST
(#544)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 01-05-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Just leave them at the default values, they are not meant for you to change them.
We promise not to screw with it.....if it's not too much to ask, can you briefly go over their functions.
(#545)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-05-2011, 06:26 PM

All are calibrations for the PID boost control system. PIDGain is the dynamic component, FF the fixed component (soon to be adaptive with autoPID), and shift reduction how much PWM is removed during automatic shifts.

To optimize FFMAX for example when logging if the FF parameter is routinely higher than the PWM parameter then FFMAX can be reduced, lowering the FF component of the PID, until it sits around 10% lower than PWM under general WOT conditions. It's not practical for users to self optimize this though which is why we're creating the autoPID system.

Burger Motorsports

(#546)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 01-05-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
All are calibrations for the PID boost control system. PIDGain is the dynamic component, FF the fixed component (soon to be adaptive with autoPID), and shift reduction how much PWM is removed during automatic shifts.

To optimize FFMAX for example when logging if the FF parameter is routinely higher than the PWM parametric then FFMAX can be reduced, lowering the FF component of the PID, until it sits around 10% lower than PWM under general WOT conditions. It's not practical for users to self optimize this though which is why we're creating the autoPID system.
What the F%*K are you talking about Terry?
Whatever you said I agree cause JB4 ROCKS!!
(#547)
Old

Car: 335i E90 SG
Default 01-05-2011, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Ordered mine Yesterday

2007 E90 335i SG
(#548)
Old
Flame Thrower

Car: 335xi 6MT
Default 01-05-2011, 07:28 PM

upgrades in stock??
(#549)
Old

Car: 335i E90 SG
Default 01-05-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txsailor
upgrades in stock??
I checked before buying, but there was no upgrade option, so I just paid it in full. I guess I will need to sell the JB3. Got my tracking#

2007 E90 335i SG
(#550)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-05-2011, 09:18 PM

Upgrades are not in stock yet. If you already have a JB3 though it's a lot cheaper to upgrade, if waiting a few more days is worth saving some cash.

Burger Motorsports