N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2776)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-28-2011, 03:37 PM

Probably not possible.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2777)
Old

Car: '08 535i
Default 06-28-2011, 03:45 PM

Hey Terry, just a quick question: Does the max cool mode somehow cause the battery to pull a higher than average amount of charge from the battery after the car is shut off? Because about 3 times since I've turned on max cool mode the car given me the discharge error, and nothing has changed except that. Then I heard today at the BMW place that the fan being constantly on could cause that (overheard another conversation about a car's battery constantly dying). LMK if this could be a problem or if it's something else I should look at.

2008 535i || JB4 || BMS DCI || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || AR Design C@tless *** || More to come!
(#2778)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-28-2011, 03:54 PM

Haven't come across any issues like that with it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2779)
Old

Car: '08 535i
Default 06-28-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Haven't come across any issues like that with it.
Alright, cool thanks! :D

2008 535i || JB4 || BMS DCI || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || AR Design C@tless *** || More to come!
(#2780)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 06-29-2011, 12:18 AM

Hey Terry, i am going to upload the software tomorrow, as for maxcool when is the proper time to use it?
(#2781)
Old

Car: 08 e90 sedan
Default 06-29-2011, 10:15 AM

I'm not Terry but I believe he said you could leave it on all the time
(#2782)
Old

Car: 2013 335i M Sport
Default 06-29-2011, 10:17 AM

I just installed the new firmware yesterday (had the February Firmware prior) and It feels about the same to me (the jerkiness) but it's not bad. I don't mind it at all. I wonder if it's because of the DCT? At Any rate, Terry, I emailed you a few logs yesterday but I'm not sure if they are going to do you any good. I couldn't get past 3rd gear due to where I was and for some reason the Map 0 log didn't record RPM's or a bunch of other prameters. Outside temp was 106 degrees. The Map 1 log showed IAT's in the 140's. Seems high to me but nothing I can do about it without Meth or FMIC I assume. Only other mod I have besides JB4 is the DCI

Last edited by Eric SS; 06-29-2011 at 10:25 AM..
(#2783)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 06-29-2011, 03:29 PM

I've been running map 5 for a week or so now and it's really good, spiking at around 17psi and generally holding 15psi. Only other mods are AR DP's and Supersprint mufflers, running on Tesco 99ron (UK).
(#2784)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 06-29-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS
for some reason the Map 0 log didn't record RPM's or a bunch of other prameters. Outside temp was 106 degrees. The Map 1 log showed IAT's in the 140's. Seems high to me but nothing I can do about it without Meth or FMIC I assume. Only other mod I have besides JB4 is the DCI
Map 0 logs will not show any CAN supplied information because in Map 0 allmost all CAN functions are turned off. If you want to log stock values then use Map 4 at least for the time being.
Yes it's HOT here in Phoenix!!! Your IAT should be 20 degrees over ambient while on the highway and up to 170 or so at the end of a long pull without meth.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#2785)
Old

Car: 2013 335i M Sport
Default 06-29-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by az335iat
Map 0 logs will not show any CAN supplied information because in Map 0 allmost all CAN functions are turned off. If you want to log stock values then use Map 4 at least for the time being.
Yes it's HOT here in Phoenix!!! Your IAT should be 20 degrees over ambient while on the highway and up to 170 or so at the end of a long pull without meth.
Thanks. I already can't wait for summer to be over. This N54 feels like a slug compared to when it was in the 60-80's.

Terry let me know about the user error on the data logging so I know for next time.
(#2786)
Old

Car: 08' 335xi
Default 06-29-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR_MARKY
Try a windows update!
Installed a bunch of updates.....still says USB device is unknown and I can't connect.

Terry, do you know of anything else I can try?
(#2787)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-29-2011, 04:43 PM

Can't offer much help there. Maybe try a local computer whiz or another laptop. You just install the FTDI driver package in our install folder and it works like a charm every time.

Burger Motorsports

(#2788)
Old

Default 06-29-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Can't offer much help there. Maybe try a local computer whiz or another laptop. You just install the FTDI driver package in our install folder and it works like a charm every time.
Is there any chance it could be the cable? It's been folded up under the hood and tucked in the passenger side fender since I installed it a few months ago.
(#2789)
Old
MY TR6 needs Bimmer power

Car: 07 335i coupé cabriolet
Default USB cable - 06-29-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttle
Is there any chance it could be the cable? It's been folded up under the hood and tucked in the passenger side fender since I installed it a few months ago.
Try this right click on my computer go to Manage.
Click on device manager.
With it open plug in you cable.
If you do not see a new tab called port your computer is not recognizing your cable or the drivers.
If nothing shows up look in the event viewer at application or system and see if you have any errors.
I am using a netbook with XP with no problems.
(#2790)
Old

Default 06-29-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumph
Try this right click on my computer go to Manage.
Click on device manager.
With it open plug in you cable.
If you do not see a new tab called port your computer is not recognizing your cable or the drivers.
If nothing shows up look in the event viewer at application or system and see if you have any errors.
I am using a netbook with XP with no problems.
Yeah, the port doesn't show up since it says USB Device not Recognized. I tried another computer and have the same issue. I really think it's the cable now.
(#2791)
Old
MY TR6 needs Bimmer power

Car: 07 335i coupé cabriolet
Default Its the cable - 06-29-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttle
Yeah, the port doesn't show up since it says USB Device not Recognized. I tried another computer and have the same issue. I really think it's the cable now.
Yes it is the cable of the connection to the JB4 is loose.
(#2792)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 06-30-2011, 03:47 PM

Terry, I think I remember you saying you didnt have plans to have a jb4 program for mac, but is there any chance?

(#2793)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-30-2011, 04:41 PM

I may do it some day. But busy with other fun stuff for us.

Burger Motorsports

(#2794)
Old
pursuit of performance

Car: 2007 E90 335i
Default 06-30-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
I may do it some day. But busy with other fun stuff for us.
I LOVE when Terry says things like this!!! It means lots more of this!!! -->

2007 E90 335i // sparkling graphite metallic // sport package // logic 7 // light grey leather w/aluminium trim // m-sport steering wheel // HID foglight conversion // LED angle eye upgrade // M3 style CF hood w/vents // matte black kindney's // AFE dual cone intake // ********* DP's // custom SS exhaust w/ high-flow cats, H-pipe, single magnaflow muffler // 265/35/18 - 225/40/18 Yokohama s-drive's wrapped around TSW machined lip wheels w/car colored centers // Burger Tuning JB4
(#2795)
Old
Engineer

Car: 2008 BSM 335i Coupe
Default 07-01-2011, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbreeE90
Terry, I think I remember you saying you didnt have plans to have a jb4 program for mac, but is there any chance?
You can create a windows virtual machine on your mac laptop with vmware fusion. I have a linux laptop and use a virtual windows machine to connect to my jb4. Just an idea.

2008 BSM 335i coupe-jb4.BMS intake.meth
1999 Pontiac Grand Prix-10.5PSI.PRJ LL Cam.supporting mods

(#2796)
Old
Enginerd

Car: 2009 135i
Default 07-01-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy99gpgt
You can create a windows virtual machine on your mac laptop with vmware fusion. I have a linux laptop and use a virtual windows machine to connect to my jb4. Just an idea.
Or Oracle's VirtualBox, which is free. Thats what I use on both my Mac and Linux machines.

--2009 BMW 135i--2016 Nissan Titan XD (Turbo Cummins ISV)--2016 VW Tiguan 2.0Tsi --1988 Beechcraft Bonanza--Suzuki GSX-R 1000--Honda CBR-600RR--

JB4 G5 ISO | MHD | E85 | Fuel-It S3 LPFP / PI | MFactory S3+ Clutch / SMFW / LSD / Mounts | Diff Lock | UUC Tranny Mounts | DwnPipes / Exhaust / FMIC | Chargepipe / Tial | KW V3s | HR Sways | HPA full M3 Suspension | BMS DCI / Oil Cooler Valve / Cowl Filters / 4bar / 2Step / OCC | RB PCV | Stri Gauges | Pole Position 225/265 | Installing: DR 6466ST
(#2797)
Old

Car: E90 335i 07
Default 07-01-2011, 01:57 PM

I love how easy it is to install/uninstall the JB4!

I just had the injector recall/campaign done and reinstalled JB4...so smooth so powerful!!
(#2798)
Old

Car: 2009 E60 535i
Default 07-01-2011, 10:48 PM

i turned on the max cool.
The fan was running crazy and loud on the 5 ser.
Any solution Terry??
(#2799)
Old
Turbo Lover

Car: 300zx TT, 1M
Send a message via Skype™ to SlicktopTTZ
Default 07-01-2011, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilam1019
Any solution Terry??
Huh? It's supposed to.... hence the term "Max Cool".

(#2800)
Old
Humid 535i

Car: 535i
Default 07-02-2011, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilam1019
Any solution Terry??
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ
Huh? It's supposed to.... hence the term "Max Cool".
Yep. That means it's working.