N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2751)
Old

Car: z4 35i
Default 06-25-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
They work the same way.

I like the stealth as it lets me also view the oil gauge to see when its up to temperature. And check in on it between runs. The current setup with the delay is pretty good. The only thing I'd improve is often I want to see three things at once. boost, methflow, AND timing. Right now I have to alternate between two of those three. If only we could program the stereo to shout out "2psi... 5psi... 10psi... 15psi!!!"
What a GREAT idea, just interface it to my Zumo GPS and let the little Aussie
girl tell me the boost numbers in her lovely accent. ))

Mick
(#2752)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 06-25-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
They work the same way.

I like the stealth as it lets me also view the oil gauge to see when its up to temperature. And check in on it between runs. The current setup with the delay is pretty good. The only thing I'd improve is often I want to see three things at once. boost, methflow, AND timing. Right now I have to alternate between two of those three. If only we could program the stereo to shout out "2psi... 5psi... 10psi... 15psi!!!"
Hi Terry, can you not hyjack the digital readout where the MPG etc goes?

2009 135i - JB4 - DCI - Contemplating Meth - Cold Scotish Weather
(#2753)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-25-2011, 02:29 PM

Not without side effects.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2754)
Old
Enjoys Retirement

Car: 09 135i with M-sport Pkg
Default 06-26-2011, 01:18 AM

Terry,

Are the other future use spots being used? Would there be a way to move future use D=10 (Idrive off) to one of the other spots? I was trying to keep Future Use D at #2 for the external AFR. Thanks.

Nick

Autobahn.......its what's for dinner!!!
(#2755)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 06-26-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
They work the same way.

LOL.... that would help cover up your wife saying slow down..... slow down... slow down!!!!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2756)
Old

Car: 08' 335xi
Default 06-26-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox_fan
I have the same issue lately, but only when I use an extra usb cable, since the jb4 one isnt really long enough once routed into the glowe box.

If youre using a extra usb cable try without it, might help...
Same problem here with XP. I installed the USB drivers and still get "unknown device". I uninstalled and reinstalled the JB4 software USB drivers, restarted etc. and still nothing.

Is there anything else I can try?
(#2757)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-26-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by az335iat
LOL.... that would help cover up your wife saying slow down..... slow down... slow down!!!!
My wife won't drive in any of our sports cars, lol.

Burger Motorsports

(#2758)
Old

Car: E92- 335i
Default 06-27-2011, 06:04 AM

With new firmware car has become more sluggish down low, i dont know if this has to do with throttle oscillation, it didnt do well with my car autotuned at 11 psi.
Running map 1 now, feels way smoother and more powerfull low to midrange.
(#2759)
Old

Default 06-27-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttle
Same problem here with XP. I installed the USB drivers and still get "unknown device". I uninstalled and reinstalled the JB4 software USB drivers, restarted etc. and still nothing.

Is there anything else I can try?
Try a windows update!

(#2760)
Old

Car: e92 335i 6MT
Default 06-27-2011, 11:22 AM

p3 cars v2 vent display is another option for more read outs
(#2761)
Old

Car: 08 e90 sedan
Default 06-27-2011, 02:23 PM

Is there anyway to hijack that BIG red alarm light under the rearview mirror to light up when the vc2 system X detects that it is running low on fuel? Without the cmgs controller, it's hard to tell seeing as how the VC2 is mounted in the trunk. Can the JB4 work that?
(#2762)
Old

Car: E90 335i 07
Default 06-27-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I love the way stealth works now. It's my new preferred in dash gauge setup.
I like it too now, but I have noticed when it's engaged, it just sits at 0 boost on fuel, but I know it's working because it worked on a previous run. Anyone else getting this glitch?
(#2763)
Old

Default alarm light - 06-27-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Not without side effects.
Terry, Is there anyway to hijack that BIG red alarm light under the rearview mirror to light up when the vc2 system X detects that it is running low on fuel? Without the cmgs controller, it's hard to tell seeing as how the VC2 is mounted in the trunk. Can the JB4 work that?
(#2764)
Old
Photog

Car: 335 Coupe 6MT
Default 06-27-2011, 08:47 PM

Terry, can you hack the red alarm to work like a shift light? :D

2007 E92 335i / 6MT / Monaco Blue Metallic / Gray Dakota Leather / Comfort Assist / Premium / Sport / Heated Seats / Navi / Active Steering / Active Cruise Control / Park Distance Control / Rear Sunshade / Sirius MODS PicoTray / M3 Steering Wheel / Front OEM Aero Lip / Bimmian Aluminum Pedals / CDV / Ram Air Scoops / Painted Reflectors / HID 5000k / LED Angels / M Perf. Shifter / Euro Light Switch / 8500 x50 Hardwired / Center Armrest Pouch / JB4/ BT
(#2765)
Old

Car: 135i Conv JB3
Default Stealth Mode - 06-28-2011, 01:38 AM

Hi Terry,

I agree that 50% throttle for stealth mode is to sensitive. I trigger it on every rev-matched downshift, so I eventually turned it off. Is there a way to make this threshold one of the user defines using the labtop interface?

Thanks,
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy
hey Terry, that gauge hijacking with delay is working pretty well except I find myself prematurely engaging it on my regular spirited driving, maybe you can bump the trigger back up to 70%, I found that worked better on the last builds.
(#2766)
Old

Car: FBO 335xi w/FSB 50/50 meth
Default 06-28-2011, 05:42 AM

How about hijacking the adaptive cruise bars to do our bidding? I don't even have adaptive cruise, so not sure if it's even possible to illuminate those lights.
(#2767)
Old
E90post reject

Car: Overpriced Econo Box
Default 06-28-2011, 07:09 AM

Hey! Terry

Regarding max cooling when ON is there a way to make it kick in only when the car starts moving that way the car doesn't sound like a jet aircraft that's about to take-off when you're waiting in the car with the engine idling?
(#2768)
Old

Default 06-28-2011, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWpurist
Hey! Terry

Regarding max cooling when ON is there a way to make it kick in only when the car starts moving that way the car doesn't sound like a jet aircraft that's about to take-off when you're waiting in the car with the engine idling?
I would say in some instances you would want it on when the car is stationary!

(#2769)
Old
E90post reject

Car: Overpriced Econo Box
Default 06-28-2011, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR_MARKY
I would say in some instances you would want it on when the car is stationary!
The stock cooling can figure that out..just an idea,maybe another cooling mode between stock and max cooling.
(#2770)
Old

Default 06-28-2011, 09:36 AM

Any way to force engine into limp-mode without triggering a code?
This could be alternative way of engaging fuel-saver mode.

The idea is that in limp-mode the wastegates are fully open, and thus probably allow the engine to cruise more efficiently. The downside being that you have little to no power.
(#2771)
Old

Car: any
Default 06-28-2011, 09:46 AM

just uploaded new firmware car feels so much smoother and i love max cool its great for those hot florida summer days
(#2772)
Old

Car: '07 335i
Default 06-28-2011, 10:01 AM

Hey Terry, just wanted you to know that I completely agree with you about the new stealth gauges. Much better than before, thanks!

'07 E90 MT Sports Package l FBO l RB Next Gen Plus l JB4 G5 with DPT E85 BEF l N20 MAP Sensor l MMP Inlets l RB Outlets l Custom Exhaust l NLS & 2-Step l MFactory 3.46 LSD l 335is Clutch with MFactory SMFW l Walbro 450 l Direct Port Meth Injection

Best 1/4 ET: 11.4
Best 1.4 Trap: 127.7
(#2773)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-28-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtiGyver
Any way to force engine into limp-mode without triggering a code?
This could be alternative way of engaging fuel-saver mode.

The idea is that in limp-mode the wastegates are fully open, and thus probably allow the engine to cruise more efficiently. The downside being that you have little to no power.
Typically you'd expect better gas mileage with wastegates fully closed as it allows some of the lost heat energy to be recycled. In practice, I doubt it matters much either way. But we'll look in to it. Most of the MPG gains we've found come from leveraging the DI system with leaner than normal air/fuel ratios during low throttle cruising.

Burger Motorsports

(#2774)
Old

Default 06-28-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Typically you'd expect better gas mileage with wastegates fully closed as it allows some of the lost heat energy to be recycled. In practice, I doubt it matters much either way. But we'll look in to it. Most of the MPG gains we've found come from leveraging the DI system with leaner than normal air/fuel ratios during low throttle cruising.
Agreed. Ideally, leaning out the AF would be best, it would be interesting to view the instantaneous MPG using various techniques.

Lean-out AF, open wastegates, alter valve timing... of course there is only so much one can do with a piggyback, and considering the price of the JB4, it does far more than any flash I know of.
(#2775)
Old

Default 06-28-2011, 03:23 PM

so no on the red alarm light being able to be hijacked?