N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: c63s w205
Default JB4 mobile issue - 03-16-2020, 04:59 AM

I have an error coming up on the JB4 mobile, everything seems to work but this keeps coming up. As soon as i hit ok everything works again.

Any assistance would be great.
Attached Images

(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 03-16-2020, 10:37 AM

Email Support@JB4connectkit.com

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 03-16-2020, 04:57 PM

thanks for the link, i have sent it on
(#4)
Old

Default 03-16-2020, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS

I reached out and due to me not using the bluetooth connection (using USB cord to android screen) they have referred me back to you guys.

Is it due to me running it via the usb cable, i do have a connection kit just would prefer to use USB if i can. When i plug a laptop in i dont have any issues with the cable.
(#5)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 03-17-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry.........
I reached out and due to me not using the bluetooth connection (using USB cord to android screen) they have referred me back to you guys.

Is it due to me running it via the usb cable, i do have a connection kit just would prefer to use USB if i can. When i plug a laptop in i dont have any issues with the cable.
Usually you can run the cable on the app. You clicked OTG cable in your settings?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Default 03-20-2020, 06:21 AM

so i have plugged the laptop into the usb connection and have no issues.

The attached screen shot is a new error i got today vis the usb to android screen. If i hot ok it goes away and i have no issues other than it coming back in a few minutes

I will attach the jb4 connector this weekend to test if i get the same error
Attached Images

Last edited by Henry.........; 03-20-2020 at 06:27 AM..
(#7)
Old

Car: F10 M5
Default 03-21-2020, 06:42 AM

I'm having the same exact issue coming up- "Error getting JB4 firmware version-defaulting to other".
This seems like an issue others are having now,seems like an issue on Burgers end when trying to retrieve the firmware for the JB4.
Can we get a fix or resolve for this issue please?
(#8)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 135i
Default 03-27-2020, 12:08 PM

This indicates some kind of signal corruption. Possible causes:
*Improper installation location
*Faulty phone/tablet
*Electrical/device issue

Next test would be to try connecting from another phone/tablet.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com