N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2026)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default logs - 04-13-2019, 10:21 AM

Hi Terry, can you please look over these logs. Note that I have not connected the fuel wires yet.

2019-04-13 12_27_45_Map-2.csv

2019-04-13 12_22_52_Map-1.csv
(#2027)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-13-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CursingDingo
114.94 - 116.02 across four 12.3 runs.
Sounds right to me.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2028)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-13-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strotman1
Hi Terry, can you please look over these logs. Note that I have not connected the fuel wires yet.

Attachment 85549

Attachment 85550
Seem fine. Am I looking for anything in particular?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2029)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 04-13-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Seem fine. Am I looking for anything in particular?
It was my first run with the jb4 and I wanted to make sure nothing seemed off. Thanks for taking a look.
(#2030)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-13-2019, 08:26 PM

Got it! You're clear for take off.

Burger Motorsports

(#2031)
Old

Car: Hyundai i30N
Default 04-13-2019, 10:46 PM

Veloster N / l30N
So I talked with a friend in South Korea and he talked with a friend (username is 1FastStagea)
The white wire from O2sensor is the red wire on engine harness side!
Attached Images

Last edited by Maggei82; 04-13-2019 at 11:12 PM..
(#2032)
Old

Default 04-14-2019, 01:22 PM

I did some log runs! Every run is 3th and 4th fear!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-14 22_01_07_Map-0.csv (17.1 KB, 90 views)
File Type: csv 2019-04-14 22_08_31_Map-1.csv (38.8 KB, 78 views)
File Type: csv 2019-04-14 22_02_40_Map-6.csv (18.7 KB, 85 views)
(#2033)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 04-14-2019, 05:13 PM

@Terry,

Finally made it out to the track. I have two 1/4 mile runs logged. Track conditions were pretty good, but I was hoping for better times. The times were identical to a 1/4 mile run before I added the WMI system last season.

Could you take a look?

I ran one run on Map 7 with WMI enabled since I knew the system was functioning and the tank was full.

I was running 98 octane race gas for this run so there shouldn't have been any octane concerns.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-13 16_11_37_Map-8.csv (11.6 KB, 87 views)
File Type: csv 2019-04-13 19_09_46_Map-7.csv (10.4 KB, 84 views)
(#2034)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-14-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggei82
Veloster N / l30N
So I talked with a friend in South Korea and he talked with a friend (username is 1FastStagea)
The white wire from O2sensor is the red wire on engine harness side!
Sounds good! At first glance logs look clean to me. Feel faster than stock I hope?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2035)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-14-2019, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sym
@Terry,

Finally made it out to the track. I have two 1/4 mile runs logged. Track conditions were pretty good, but I was hoping for better times. The times were identical to a 1/4 mile run before I added the WMI system last season.

Could you take a look?

I ran one run on Map 7 with WMI enabled since I knew the system was functioning and the tank was full.

I was running 98 octane race gas for this run so there shouldn't have been any octane concerns.
I expected a little more out of yours too, but traps were good in the 119mph range right? So I think the power is there.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2036)
Old

Car: 2018 KIA Stinger GT2
Default Boost By Gear Settings - 04-16-2019, 07:44 AM

Getting ready to go to the drag strip this weekend and wondering what settings you have had luck with for boost by gear reduction for the best traction. My car is RWD and I got the GT2 so it has the factory LSD, I also have 285 summer tires on the back. I typically run map 2 and the car has an upgraded intercooler, intakes but is otherwise stock. Thanks,

Peter
(#2037)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-16-2019, 09:08 AM

I run -5psi in 1st and -2psi in 2nd most of the time. Good starting point anyway!

Burger Motorsports

(#2038)
Old

Default 04-16-2019, 12:36 PM

Terry could please check that my fuel wires are connected up and working correctly, I had to remove the JB4 for a service and want make sure everything is running fine.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-17 04_53_35 Map-2.csv (9.1 KB, 92 views)
(#2039)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-16-2019, 01:57 PM

Looks fine to me

Burger Motorsports

(#2040)
Old

Default 04-16-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Looks fine to me
Thanks mate
(#2041)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 04-16-2019, 04:33 PM

Hello

What should I look for in the logs to determine which level of meth additive I should use in Map8?
If boost is maintained at target level and ignition timings do not drop, then am I good to go?
So far I tried using 65 70 75 80 and 80 definitely feels faster, but I don't know what are the limitations to such a high setting. Is it only about fuel octane?
(#2042)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-16-2019, 05:16 PM

Timing advance is the main thing, as well as how boost is responding to the request.

Burger Motorsports

(#2043)
Old

Car: '18 Stinger GT2
Default 04-17-2019, 06:08 AM

Quote:
I run -5psi in 1st and -2psi in 2nd most of the time. Good starting point anyway!
You gotta get out there and test launching in 2nd! I ran a 4.23 on Dragy, but it was 'invalid' at -1.53% slope at the very end of the run. I didn't have a need to lower boost when I ran that one; however, trying again yesterday I was getting sideways doing the exact same thing on a different road. Only managed a 4.30 which was valid, but not impressive. I would think your car could hit 3.9's launching in 2nd if you don't need to reduce boost
(#2044)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-17-2019, 08:18 AM

It's on the to-do list. Car is over at Fuel-IT in the next state right now. Hope to get it back in a couple weeks.

Burger Motorsports

(#2045)
Old
BMS Fanboy

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT RWD
Default 04-18-2019, 12:22 PM

Summer is coming, and the Sacramento heat won't be kind without a BMS Intercooler...

We're waiting!
(#2046)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-18-2019, 02:10 PM

We're working on it. Stuff always takes longer than expected it seems. =/

Burger Motorsports

(#2047)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 04-18-2019, 03:48 PM

Will it be useful on top of the WMI kit?
(#2048)
Old

Default 04-18-2019, 04:25 PM

Hello Terry,

i did some test runs. Can you have a look on it?
Map3 feels verry strong
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-19 00_00_52_Map-3 ().csv (48.7 KB, 111 views)
File Type: csv 2019-04-19 00_10_08_Map-6 ().csv (14.5 KB, 116 views)
File Type: csv 2019-04-18 23_12_22_Map-0 ().csv (40.2 KB, 107 views)
File Type: csv 2019-04-18 23_17_37_Map-1 ().csv (26.8 KB, 115 views)
(#2049)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-18-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr1
Will it be useful on top of the WMI kit?
There is certainly some overlap. WMI benefit really comes down to fuel quality and E85 access.

Burger Motorsports

(#2050)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-18-2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggei82
Hello Terry,

i did some test runs. Can you have a look on it?
Map3 feels verry strong
The 2l logs always freak me out for a moment because I think I'm looking at a 3.3L log and wondering why boost is so high.

Log looks great, timing is solid. I'm going to work on a dedicated 2l firmware or setting soon to get road speed logging working for them. Look for that soon.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports