N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#201)
Old

Car: E93 335i
Default 07-23-2017, 09:05 AM

Did anyone try installing it to a Q50 2.0T? It shares the same M274 engine with W205
(#202)
Old

Car: C43
Default 08-27-2017, 04:15 PM

Hi, new member here. I just installed BMS JB1 on my C43 and would like to share my results.

Instillation was very easy, 3 plugs, route the wires, secure/ziptie and done.

My track times before

Times with BMS base map

All runs were done on 93 pump gas. Using online calculators to figure out HP gains, from averaging all my E.T.s and trap speeds. Stock, the car is averaging 367hp, which is on target with factory rating. Using the same method for the JB1 I got an average of 413hp. That's a solid 46hp gain.
(#203)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-27-2017, 05:20 PM

Not bad at all! Thanks for testing it out!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#204)
Old

Default 09-01-2017, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Not bad at all! Thanks for testing it out!
More testing, also cross posting from MB forums,
https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...ml#post7255259

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18bora
Received BMS cable today and went out for more testing. BMS-Jb1 comes with 3 maps and the cable allows to switch between them and log boost. I switched between maps and had my son monitor boost while driving.

Map 0 - stock C43 map, boost peaked to 11psi and tapered down to 9psi.

Map 1- It's the standard default map that BMS unit comes with, it's ideal for 91 octane. In this map boost peaked to 14psi and tapered down to 11.5psi

Map 2- It's for 93 octane and higher. Boost peaked to 15.7psi and tapered down to 13.5psi

My previous 12.5sec runs were in map 1, today I switched to map 2 for the 12.35@112.98

On the way to the track:
After almost an hour ride to the track in map2 without any problems and a couple of miles before getting there, I decided to practice my launch. Also, to make sure I won't get "limp" surprises, well, it surprised me :D

My son was driving behind me recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb17qgwav_A

Track runs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRfbpiuF0l4

Last edited by 18bora; 09-03-2017 at 02:09 PM.. Reason: adding vid
(#205)
Old

Car: no car
Default 09-07-2017, 01:03 PM

Do you have update for firmware c450?
(#206)
Old

Car: no car
Default Dyno result for C450 stage 1 tuner BETA. - 09-07-2017, 01:05 PM

DYNO results for C450 on the dyno for reference.
Attached Images

Last edited by felipe @ tunerlab; 09-07-2017 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: image
(#207)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-07-2017, 01:42 PM

Results look great! That is default settings I presume? You can also raise boost on Stage1.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#208)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-07-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by felipe @ tunerlab
Do you have update for firmware c450?
Firmware is the same. We've not released any C300/C400/C450 firmware updates.

Burger Motorsports

(#209)
Old

Default 09-09-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Results look great! That is default settings I presume? You can also raise boost on Stage1.
Do you mean switching to map2 or using the usb cable to increase boost by rpm using the data logger?
(#210)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-09-2017, 11:58 AM

You can switch to map2, or even use map6 to create a custom boost additive profile.

Burger Motorsports

(#211)
Old

Default 09-09-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
You can switch to map2, or even use map6 to create a custom boost additive profile.
What are the default values that BMS sets for map2 ?
what is the boost safety set at, map2?
what are the boost settings for map 2?
1500 ?
2000 ?
2500 ?
3000 ?
3500 ?
4000 ?
4500 ?
5000 ?
5500 ?
6000 ?
6500 ?
7000 ???

The reason I'm asking is because I want to start adjustments with map6 and would like to get 1 or 2 more psi than map2. When I open map 6 "User Adjustments" all I see is "Boost Safety" set to "3".... is this 3 psi or 3 over stock. ?

In map6, assuming stock boost is 10psi and I want boost target of 16psi, do I set the "Boost Safety" to 16 or 6?

Also, when setting "RPM/MAP 6 Boost" for 16psi, do I enter the target boost, or target boost above stock?

For example:
RPM MAP 6 Boost
1500 11 or 1
2000 12 or 2
2500 13 or 3
3000 14 or 4
3500 15 or 5
4000 16 or 6
4500 16 or 6
5000 16 or 6
5500 15 or 5
6000 14.5 or 4.5
6500 14 or 4
7000 13.5 or 3.5

Thanks
(#212)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-09-2017, 08:40 PM

You can record a map2 log, and then look at "target", to see what that boost targets are. If you need addl help just email us with a log and we can work on it!

Burger Motorsports

(#213)
Old

Default 09-10-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
You can record a map2 log, and then look at "target", to see what that boost targets are. If you need addl help just email us with a log and we can work on it!
Can you please answer my other questions, thanks

Q1 - In map6, assuming stock boost is 10psi and I want boost target of 16psi, do I set the "Boost Safety" to 16 or 6?

Q2 - Also, when setting "RPM/MAP 6 Boost" for 16psi, do I enter the target boost, or target boost above stock?

For example:
RPM MAP 6 Boost
1500 11 or 1
2000 12 or 2
2500 13 or 3
3000 14 or 4
3500 15 or 5
4000 16 or 6
4500 16 or 6
5000 16 or 6
5500 15 or 5
6000 14.5 or 4.5
6500 14 or 4
7000 13.5 or 3.5
(#214)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2017, 05:50 PM

"Boost safety" is not used on your tuner. Doesn't matter what you set it to. 20psi is fine.

For map6 you enter "boost over stock"... So, 5.0 for 5psi over stock requested.

Burger Motorsports

(#215)
Old

Car: MB
Default 09-12-2017, 08:44 AM

Quote:
"Boost safety" is not used on your tuner. Doesn't matter what you set it to. 20psi is fine.

I have been running map 2 and e30 blend for 3 years on stage 1. Lease almost over and currently running map 3, setting 6 over stock and dwp at 30.

Runs strong....

I only wishes map 2 was set to about 5 over psi since i feel the advance timing helps with throttle response.

Map 3 as described above feels slightly less responsive but playing with the dwp settings help out, simailar to the VQ engine.

Likely i will end up w another MB with the same engine.. so i do plan to keep the tuner and experimenting with ecu flash and bms tuner.

2015 C400 3L Bi-Turbo
2012 E550 Coupe 4.7L Bi-Turbo
2008 Toyota Land Cruiser 5.7V8
(#216)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-12-2017, 08:45 AM

For boost evaluation I'd have to see some logs. But we can always tweaks those maps.

Burger Motorsports

(#217)
Old

Default 09-12-2017, 03:23 PM

Quote:

Besides MAP BOOST, what else works, does FUEL BIAS, FUEL OPEN LOOP, MAX BOOST 1st work?

Basically, what works and what's not used? Thanks
(#218)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-12-2017, 03:26 PM

Open loop can be used to range fuel trims, if needed. Stage1 has no CANbus data so the other options are not active.

Burger Motorsports

(#219)
Old

Default 09-12-2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Open loop can be used to range fuel trims, if needed. Stage1 has no CANbus data so the other options are not active.
So, In map 6, I can only adjust 2 things, Boost and Fuel open loop??

(#220)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-12-2017, 03:41 PM

Yes.

Burger Motorsports

(#221)
Old

Default 09-12-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Yes.
But I can see in MAP1 and 2 Boost Safety is set to 3 and Fuel Open loop set to 40 and when I change the numbers in MAP 6 is accepts it and Saves it!!!
(#222)
Old

Default 09-16-2017, 05:44 PM

I tried MAP 6 adding another 1psi over map2 and better fuel mix, but the car didn't like it. Both (ECU boost request) and (timing) in map 6 were less than map 2.
While I'm asking for more boost in map 6, I think the car is pulling timing, causing the ECU to request less boost, thus giving me less overall boost than map 2.
(#223)
Old

Car: 2011 335is
Default AMG c63S - 09-18-2017, 10:04 AM

Terry,

Jumping from the M4 into a 2018 AMG c63S. Will this tune work on that car, if not, is there anything in the works? Thanks-
(#224)
Old

Car: MB
Default 09-21-2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18bora
I tried MAP 6 adding another 1psi over map2 and better fuel mix, but the car didn't like it. Both (ECU boost request) and (timing) in map 6 were less than map 2.
While I'm asking for more boost in map 6, I think the car is pulling timing, causing the ECU to request less boost, thus giving me less overall boost than map 2.
The nissan vq stage 1 has map 2 with 5 psi. We have 3.

All we need is an update or terry to unlock map 2 to allow users to adjust at their own risk.

I use map 3 with boost safety at 6. When i save, it holds that value.

2015 C400 3L Bi-Turbo
2012 E550 Coupe 4.7L Bi-Turbo
2008 Toyota Land Cruiser 5.7V8
(#225)
Old

Car: 2007 E90
Default 09-27-2017, 06:31 AM

It provides a good bump in power with 30-second installation. I just sold my car so mine is up for grab. PM me if you interested.