N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1101)
Old

Car: BMW 2009 335i xdrive
Default 05-26-2017, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500hp500tq
Just flashed the BMS/MHD_ST_e85_PI flash, no difference.
SEL codes are 2A2C 2A2B fuel mixture control /2

Also uninstalled the Meth FSB. Not sure what I could have did to cause this.

Both precatalytic oxygen sensors have failed. Grab some lifetime warranty ones from FCP Euro.

|E92 335i xDrive| |JB4+MHD BEF| |VM Single Turbo Kit + PTE 6466| |Built Auto Trans| |xHP Trans Flash| |Stage 4-Triple Walbro 450s, fpr + return| |EOS Intake with Port Injection| |AD-ENG FMIC + AD-ENG OCC| |RB PCV Kit| |PR Ignition kit| |Built N54: Darton Sleeved, Manley I-Beam Rods+ARP Rod Bolts, JE 9.5:1 Pistons, JE Wrist Pins, VAC coated main & rod bearings + ARP Head Studs| |Keyed crankshaft snout, crank hub, timing & oil pump sprockets + VTT crank-bolt capture| |ADV Oxygen Sensors|
(#1102)
Old

Car: 135i
Default ? - 05-26-2017, 05:27 AM

Are you in Atlanta?
Seems like they both wouldn't fail at the sametime? and since they were working before I unwired the Meth FSB and installed the BMW AIC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phv628
Both precatalytic oxygen sensors have failed. Grab some lifetime warranty ones from FCP Euro.

|2008 135i N54 | VRSF FBO| Motiv Port Injection | BMS PI Controller| AD-E ST Kit 6062 | JB4 G5 ISO 13.0 | BMS ST/MHD E85 Flash | 60% e70 | Fuel-It Stage3 LPFP | Spec2+/SMFW |3.5 TMAP | NLS

"stock"
(#1103)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i
Default 06-07-2017, 06:00 PM

Hey Terry, was reading in another forum about you discussing new integrations to the new JB4 PI controller. What is the main intent of the secondary fuel pump control? Would it be something that can control the meth pump so we can run meth along with E85 PI or am I totally off?

VTT Stage 2+ | JB4 G5 w/ Trebila BEF | Fuel-It Stage 3 | XHP Stage 3 | BL Coils | VTT Inlets | MMP Outlets | BMS Meth Dual 10/5CM | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF **'s | BMS CP | BMS DCI | Turbosmart Dual Port | 3.5 TMAP | BMS OCC | VTT PVC | BMS Anti-Lag | NGK 5992 | M3 Rear Upper Controls And Godspeed TB's | Lock-Down Brace | 235/285-18 PSS
(#1104)
Old

Car: 335i DCT
Default 06-10-2017, 06:40 PM

I've been away for a while... is it poss to run meth in conjunction with PI?

I can't seem to find install instructions on this?
(#1105)
Old
The Backyard Mechanic

Car: BMW 1 Series M
Default 06-10-2017, 06:46 PM

Only with the aic controller
(#1106)
Old

Default 06-10-2017, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martymil
Yep, that's what i'm currently using mate.
(#1107)
Old
The Backyard Mechanic

Default 06-10-2017, 06:50 PM

Get a bigger ic and never use meth again
(#1108)
Old

Default 06-10-2017, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Get a bigger ic and never use meth again
lol, thanks for that.
(#1109)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-11-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink
I've been away for a while... is it poss to run meth in conjunction with PI?

I can't seem to find install instructions on this?
Yes, you leave the orange trigger wire in spot #2 and the FSB controls meth as normal.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1110)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-11-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
False.

With the BMS PI controller AND WMI you simply need to decide whether you want the JB4 to read PI flow or WMI flow as it can't currently read both. You can run PI without having the JB4 read PI flow.

We're working on logic to allow both to be read simultaneously. There is no reason for anyone with a JB4 to ever run a split second controller.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1111)
Old
The Backyard Mechanic

Default 06-11-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
False.

With the BMS PI controller AND WMI you simply need to decide whether you want the JB4 to read PI flow or WMI flow as it can't currently read both. You can run PI without having the JB4 read PI flow.

We're working on logic to allow both to be read simultaneously. There is no reason for anyone with a JB4 to ever run a split second controller.
So yoiu have to remove the pi safety feature to run meth

I was led to believe we need to have the wire connected to make pi work and to read flow to see if the pi is working or not

So with the new logic your working on we dont have to have the pi flow trlgger wire to read flow when it gets released as you can read it by software instead of the trigger wire
(#1112)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-11-2017, 11:09 AM

You remove one of the PI safety features IF you need the WMI flow measure active, which you won't, if only using WMI for cooling. But to run a SplitSecond controller instead of the BMS PI controller means no PI safety at all.

Burger Motorsports

(#1113)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-11-2017, 11:12 AM

Pin 14, 15, or 16 (depending on your platform) is used for receiving the response signal be it meth, PI, or ethanol sensor. You can only run 1 of those options.

If E85/fuel is your primary fuel source via port injection, then monitor the injector duty cycle.
If meth is your primary fuel source, then monitor the meth signal.

If you are having issues with meth or PI, you can always switch that signal wire as needed for troubleshooting.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#1114)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-11-2017, 11:23 AM

Soon we'll have the extra DME input enabled for this too. Programming is in the works.

Burger Motorsports

(#1115)
Old
The Backyard Mechanic

Default 06-11-2017, 03:07 PM

Thanks for the clarification

We need a major update to the first few pages explaining all the latest advancements, if i would have know this in the first place i would have not sold my meth kit as i was told that you cant run both
(#1116)
Old

Car: 335i coupe
Default 06-11-2017, 06:07 PM

So soon we'll be able to receive a response signal from say PI and E sensor at the same time?

07 335i AT/CUSTOM 6870 GEN2 ST/VAC ENGINE AND STAGE 3 HEAD/FABFACTORY INTAKE W/PI/1000HP AD FMIC/EOS BILLET FUEL SETUP/BL COILS/DUAL OIL COOLERS/RB EXTERNAL PCV/PD TRANY W COOLER/M3 FRONT N REAR SUSPENSION W/ROUGE BEARINGS/HOTCHKIS ADJUSTABLE END LINKS/ADUSTABLE REAR TOE ARMS AND CAMBER LINKS/EIBACH SWAYBARS/BC RACING BR COILOVERS AND CAMBER PLATES/AKG REAR SUBFRAME, DIFF, REAR SHOCK BUSHINGS/POWER FLEX BUSHINGS/WAVETRAC REAR DIFF WITH DEFIV BRACE AND VAC COVER/4IN EXHAUST
(#1117)
Old

Default 06-12-2017, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Yes, you leave the orange trigger wire in spot #2 and the FSB controls meth as normal.
Thanks Terry.

Just to point of, i'm on your original AIC6 installation - this will still work, right?

Reading through the PI installation again (it's been 2 years) and my meth kit is still installed. I don't see any mention to remove pin #2? So it should still be there? What exactly do i need to do here? (apologies if this is a stupid question).
(#1118)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-12-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erichale
So soon we'll be able to receive a response signal from say PI and E sensor at the same time?
You already can...you just can't receive the PI and E-sensor signal if running meth.

Quote:
Thanks Terry.

Just to point of, i'm on your original AIC6 installation - this will still work, right?

Reading through the PI installation again (it's been 2 years) and my meth kit is still installed. I don't see any mention to remove pin #2? So it should still be there? What exactly do i need to do here? (apologies if this is a stupid question).
If running AIC6, nothing as you can not monitor the injector signal with the AIC6...if wanting to run the BMS controller and monitor the PI signal, remove the meth signal wire from pin 15 and insert the PI signal wire.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#1119)
Old

Default 06-13-2017, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
If running AIC6, nothing as you can not monitor the injector signal with the AIC6...if wanting to run the BMS controller and monitor the PI signal, remove the meth signal wire from pin 15 and insert the PI signal wire.
Cheers Steve.

I gues my Q was more about the wiring config to get it to work, rather than signal monitoring.

I tried priming the meth system using menu option 7/5 with the meth nozzle in a bottle to test. No meth and I can't here that pump.

Do I need to wait for this new programming to be released for both PI and meth to work together?
(#1120)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 06-14-2017, 05:47 AM

Quote:
With our latest batch of PI controllers we added an extra output for a secondary pump, as another option. But both the Hobbs switch and JB4 external output are also workable.

Is that the blue wire on the PI controller? Can I use it on S55 as trigger for 2nd pump?

F21 M140i - 100-200: 5.18 60-130: 5.96
Audi TTRS - 100-200: 4.01 60-130: 4.5
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.32, 60-130: 4.8
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#1121)
Old

Default 06-14-2017, 02:33 PM

Bump on my question:
Hey Terry, was reading in another forum about you discussing integrations to the new JB4 PI controller. What is the main intent of the secondary fuel pump control?

VTT Stage 2+ | JB4 G5 w/ Trebila BEF | Fuel-It Stage 3 | XHP Stage 3 | BL Coils | VTT Inlets | MMP Outlets | BMS Meth Dual 10/5CM | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF **'s | BMS CP | BMS DCI | Turbosmart Dual Port | 3.5 TMAP | BMS OCC | VTT PVC | BMS Anti-Lag | NGK 5992 | M3 Rear Upper Controls And Godspeed TB's | Lock-Down Brace | 235/285-18 PSS
(#1122)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-14-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Cheers Steve.

I gues my Q was more about the wiring config to get it to work, rather than signal monitoring.

I tried priming the meth system using menu option 7/5 with the meth nozzle in a bottle to test. No meth and I can't here that pump.

Do I need to wait for this new programming to be released for both PI and meth to work together?
What is your meth safety setting set to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter @ Pure
Is that the blue wire on the PI controller? Can I use it on S55 as trigger for 2nd pump?
No, that is not for the secondary pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54QC
Bump on my question:
Hey Terry, was reading in another forum about you discussing integrations to the new JB4 PI controller. What is the main intent of the secondary fuel pump control?
Orange wire is supposed to send a 12 volt signal to the relay to turn on the secondary pump when PI is activated. It is still in testing and has not been verified yet.

(#1123)
Old

Default 06-14-2017, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Orange wire is supposed to send a 12 volt signal to the relay to turn on the secondary pump when PI is activated. It is still in testing and has not been verified yet.
So this was basically added to eliminate the relay on the LPFP kits?

(#1124)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-15-2017, 08:05 PM

No, you still need a relay. You can not run 20 amps through a 22 gauge wire from the port injection controller. it replaces the Hobb's switch and instead of triggering the relay with the ground, you're triggering it with the 12v source (orange wire).

(#1125)
Old

Default 06-16-2017, 10:09 PM

Quote:
What is your meth safety setting set to?
Hey Steve, my meth settings are:

Meth Safety: 2
Meth Trigger: 1