N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1076)
Old

Car: 335iS
Default 02-23-2017, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikh335xi
BMS is no longer providing the maps, if you bought your AIC from Fuel-It they might be able to provide you with the maps but they will want your order number to verify you bought your controller from them. Are you planning to run the AIC integrated with JB4?
Yes, I plan on running my JB4 integrated with PI from AIC6
(#1077)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi
Default 02-23-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If you have E85 access it's a great way to go... Costs more, but it's worth it.
So I have upgraded turbos, intake relocation, VTT silicone outlets, ER chargepipe and tial BOV, ******* DP, cobb exhaust, and a JB4.. My next ideal step is to get this PI kit correct? Or is there something else I'm missing. Also, I don't have to run e85 all the time with this right? Say if i run out of gas and only have a 93 oct. pump near me, I could switch the jb4 map to let my engine know? Thanks in advance.. Let me know if you would rather me email you haha. Thank you again!
(#1078)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi
Default 03-07-2017, 08:56 AM

(#1079)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 03-07-2017, 09:39 AM

where are the newest maps for the AIC6?

07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 Flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
(#1080)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-07-2017, 09:59 AM

We no longer support the AIC6... Fuel-IT may have maps posted as I know they still offer it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1081)
Old

Car: 335i DCT
Default 03-18-2017, 09:15 PM

Quote:
We no longer support the AIC6... Fuel-IT may have maps posted as I know they still offer it.
Great to see that the early adopters that jumped on with your PI & AIC6 integration, and helped test with you aren't supported anymore!
(#1082)
Old

Car: E82 135i M-performance
Default 04-14-2017, 03:27 AM

If I adjust all AFR Bias to 0. Is PI totally off or is it still ad little bit fuel?

135i N54 mt, JB4 G5 iso, vrsf fmic, vrsf cp+tial, VTT GC, Stage 3 lpfp, Fuel-it PI, Martellius custom exhaust, Quaife lsd, Ngk plugks, Rb pcv, Bms occ, VTT inlets, BMS dci, spec stage 2+ clutch, smfw, Tribila tuned
(#1083)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 04-14-2017, 08:51 AM

On the N54, I believe it is still adding fuel. You'd have to verify with Terry as I don't see any updates in the firmware notes with regards to that.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#1084)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-16-2017, 02:14 PM

Hey guys,

Working on updated JB4 firmware to automatically take in to account various ethanol mixtures for port injection mapping. The same logic will also be tied in to our virtual flex fuel sensor logic once complete.

So if you've got port injection and a flex fuel sensor, drop me an email, to help test out the new stuff. Thanks!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1085)
Old

Car: BMW 1M
Default 04-16-2017, 02:40 PM

fantastic work terry...hopefully my o2 issue will be resolved and I will test for sure

RHD Top Mount ST
(#1086)
Old

Car: 06 STI
Default 05-09-2017, 02:29 AM

Guys I'm using the jb4 and mhd stack. I'm using the BMS port injection controller as well. My port injection will not fire. It seems like it's just a setup issue as the wiring is done completely right. Menu 8 is at zero, meth trigger settings are 1. Any other suggestions?
(#1087)
Old

Car: e92 335i N54 2007
Default 05-09-2017, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idratherbesurfing
Guys I'm using the jb4 and mhd stack. I'm using the BMS port injection controller as well. My port injection will not fire. It seems like it's just a setup issue as the wiring is done completely right. Menu 8 is at zero, meth trigger settings are 1. Any other suggestions?
I have similar setup but used the Nitrous trigger to enable the PI

BMW E92 335i N54 6AT, Single Turbo to be decided. Turbosmart BOV / Spearco FMIC / Wagner Down *****, Stg3 LPFP and Fuel-IT PI kit, Aquamist PWM Meth trunk mounted, single 0.7mm nozzle spraying 60% meth, JB4 G5 + FSB + N20 Sensor + JB4 BT Connect, MHD JB4 Backend Flash, Fuel = e60 + 60% Meth, M3 Rear Subframe Complete swap + custom prop, front m3 wishbones, KWv3 Suspension, M3 brakes front rear, H&N ARB / 19" M359 Reps + Michelin Super Sports tuned by TREBILA
(#1088)
Old

Default 05-09-2017, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILUSI
Oh, so should I be disabling meth and engaging the nitrous?
(#1089)
Old

Default 05-09-2017, 03:24 AM

Actually I take that back my nitrous settings are all correct
(#1090)
Old

Car: 09 E92 SG
Default 05-09-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DILUSI
Quote:
Actually I take that back my nitrous settings are all correct
We are using the nitrous trigger to enable the stage 3 fuel pump.

For meth settings, we set scaling to 100, safety to 0, and meth trigger to 0 but we can not get PI to work.

Terry, any advice on where to go from here?

----------------------------------------------------
14 F30 335xi AT- Built Closed-Deck N55, SpeedTech Stage 3 w/ BW-8374C, MHD Flash, xHP Flash, E85, AFE Intake, VRSF 6" Race FMIC, VRSF CP, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP and PI
16 Audi S6 - APR Stage 2 ECU/TCU flash, APR Exhaust, SRM Intakes
(#1091)
Old

Car: 09 E92 SG
Default 05-09-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Hey guys,

Working on updated JB4 firmware to automatically take in to account various ethanol mixtures for port injection mapping. The same logic will also be tied in to our virtual flex fuel sensor logic once complete.

So if you've got port injection and a flex fuel sensor, drop me an email, to help test out the new stuff. Thanks!
Terry,

In this log it looks like the last two Fuel Bias settings were set to 0. Would this cause the PI not to flow at all?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2017-05-08 21_46_26.csv (7.4 KB, 183 views)

14 F30 335xi AT- Built Closed-Deck N55, SpeedTech Stage 3 w/ BW-8374C, MHD Flash, xHP Flash, E85, AFE Intake, VRSF 6" Race FMIC, VRSF CP, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP and PI
16 Audi S6 - APR Stage 2 ECU/TCU flash, APR Exhaust, SRM Intakes
(#1092)
Old

Car: BMW 2009 335i xdrive
Default 05-10-2017, 07:49 AM

You guys should switch to using the Hobb's switch to activate the secondary pump. I have the meth flow set to 100 and no nitrous trigger enabled. You'll see a reading under the meth column if the port is being activated.

I have an extra Hobb's switch from Fuel IT for purchase if you decide to go that route.

|E92 335i xDrive| |JB4+MHD BEF| |VM Single Turbo Kit + PTE 6466| |Built Auto Trans| |xHP Trans Flash| |Stage 4-Triple Walbro 450s, fpr + return| |EOS Intake with Port Injection| |AD-ENG FMIC + AD-ENG OCC| |RB PCV Kit| |PR Ignition kit| |Built N54: Darton Sleeved, Manley I-Beam Rods+ARP Rod Bolts, JE 9.5:1 Pistons, JE Wrist Pins, VAC coated main & rod bearings + ARP Head Studs| |Keyed crankshaft snout, crank hub, timing & oil pump sprockets + VTT crank-bolt capture| |ADV Oxygen Sensors|
(#1093)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-10-2017, 07:52 AM

With our latest batch of PI controllers we added an extra output for a secondary pump, as another option. But both the Hobbs switch and JB4 external output are also workable.

Burger Motorsports

(#1094)
Old

Car: 535xi Wagon
Default 05-10-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
With our latest batch of PI controllers we added an extra output for a secondary pump, as another option. But both the Hobbs switch and JB4 external output are also workable.
If one has an earlier production JB4 PI controller can this secondary output be added with a some hardware changes?

EDIT: I am installing my PI controller now and notice there is a blue wire without a pin and the instructions say nothing about it, is that the LPFP trigger?

Evan

N54 Powered M5 Wagon:
- M5 Driveshaft, M5 LSD, M5 Axles, M5 Brakes, M5 Rear Suspension
- M5 Front End, M5 skirts, M5 Mirrors, M-Tech Rep Rear
- KW V3, RD Sport Sways, UR Strut Braces, Forgestar F14 SDC
- Manual Trans Swap, MFactory SMFW, Spec Stg 3+ Clutch, UUC SSK
- EOS Port Injection Manifold, Fuel-It: Stg 2 LPFP +Lines +Ethanol Sensor
- JB4, Hexon RR550s, Custom Inlets, AR ***, 3" Exhaust, VRSF 7" IC, ER CP, Tial BOV, RB Ext. PCV, BMS OCC

Last edited by ucsbwsr; 05-10-2017 at 10:15 AM..
(#1095)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Question 05-21-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Dear Terry,

I succeeded to flash JB4 MHD Backend map (JB4_MHD_I8A0S_HYBRID_E85_PI.bin from 12/13/16 JB4 MHD Map Release) as you said. Then I updated my JB4 to Ver32.8 by "G5_ISO_32_6b.hex" file.
I have non JB4 integrated Port Injection (AIC1), Is it compatible with my back-end flash and JB4 firmware version?!

Thanks

BMW E90 N54 2008 6AT, RB Turbo, JB4 G5 ISO 32, TFT Inlets, VVT Silicon N54 charge pipe outlet, Larger Inter cooler, BMS Port Injection, Methanol Injection, Evolution of Speed N54 intake manifold, Down Pipe, Charge Pipe, Blow Off, N20 TMAP, Remus Exhaust, BMS Oil catch can, K&N Filters, Alpina B3 TCU Flash, Fuel-It Stage3, Anti-Lag
(#1096)
Old

Default 05-25-2017, 05:16 PM

Just guys, just installed PI with BMS controller.
AFRs are both stuck at 20, car has rough idle.

|2008 135i N54 | VRSF FBO| Motiv Port Injection | BMS PI Controller| AD-E ST Kit 6062 | JB4 G5 ISO 13.0 | BMS ST/MHD E85 Flash | 60% e70 | Fuel-It Stage3 LPFP | Spec2+/SMFW |3.5 TMAP | NLS

"stock"
(#1097)
Old

Car: F06 N55 640i Gran Coupe
Default 05-25-2017, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500hp500tq
Just guys, just installed PI with BMS controller.
AFRs are both stuck at 20, car has rough idle.
Check for cel code, reset adaptation.

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
FULL CF Add On All around, Gloss/Matt Custom Wrap
JB4 Stack On BM3/MHD ECU tune, Upgraded S2 Turbo
Custom Cold Air, Dual nozzle charge pipe
SSP 900 Clutch kit, Custom Spoiler
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
SS DP n FULL Custom Exhaust
Custom BC forge 18/17 set up
Brembo Gt 380mm F&R/ 355mm F&R
(#1098)
Old

Default 05-25-2017, 05:52 PM

Just flashed the BMS/MHD_ST_e85_PI flash, no difference.
SEL codes are 2A2C 2A2B fuel mixture control /2

Also uninstalled the Meth FSB. Not sure what I could have did to cause this.

|2008 135i N54 | VRSF FBO| Motiv Port Injection | BMS PI Controller| AD-E ST Kit 6062 | JB4 G5 ISO 13.0 | BMS ST/MHD E85 Flash | 60% e70 | Fuel-It Stage3 LPFP | Spec2+/SMFW |3.5 TMAP | NLS

"stock"

Last edited by 500hp500tq; 05-25-2017 at 06:34 PM..
(#1099)
Old

Car: 2008 135i 6MT
Default 05-25-2017, 05:53 PM

Terry,

Can you please describe what inputs other than LPFP pressure compensation, rpm, and user defined rpm variable the Jb4 is taking as inputs for PI volume?

Does the jb4 assume a simple relationship b/w boost & rpm or does it take in other data as well?
(#1100)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-25-2017, 07:29 PM

Varies by firmware. But intake temp, boost, low fuel pressure, engine speed, pedal position, throttle position, boost rate of gain, are the main factors off the top of my head. It's all plotted out within logs under "fuel enrichment" so you can watch it change as other parameters change if you're interested in how it's mapped out.

Burger Motorsports