N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#501)
Old

Car: 335i M sport
Default 04-26-2016, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james
Bump for wanting E70 X5M support to be able to use the JB4, BCM and meth controller. At this time I've got a stage 2 tune, exhaust (gutted factory down *****, added in an x-pipe, muffler delete with Vibrant resonators) and intake system in the works. I'd love to run meth, not only for being a power adder but also for its cleaning abilities before my heads look like something I've seen on 335i's. I can go from mild to wild, but at the same time I've got ZERO way to control the ECU with any of these kits on thw chance I lose meth pressure due to a clogged line, so all these fancy controllers in the kit are nothing more than an indicator that I've toasted my engine if I don't get outta the throttle soon enough. Mind you since I've got no meth tune, I'd only run straight water to maybe doing -30 washer fluid and a bottle of Heet until meth tuning becomes available.

http://www.coolingmist.com/pagedispl...key=turbo_kits - as simple as they get, then I'd use my washer fluid for a reservoir

http://sohiperformance.com/i-2151943...lWxBoCmf3w_wcB - nice looking kit but still seems overkill at the moment and I've got no desire to have a gauge installed into my interior unless needed

http://howertonengineering.com/product/aquamist-hfs-4/ - extreme kit, but the same issue still remains...ECU control.

Give the S63 non-TU some love!!
WHERE ? I can not find it, can you make it in RED BOLD ? I don't see it i swear

2014 - M6 f06, FabWorx Ctlss DP's, JB4, FSB meth, Turner Exhaust.
2012 - 650i M sport JB stage 1 (Gone)
2009 - 335i N54 JB4, DINAN CAI, MACHT SHNELL DP'S, HPF FMIC, ER CP, SYNAPSE BOV, EISENMANN RACE EXHAUST, BT OIL CC, COOLINGMIST/SNOW PERFORMANCE METH INJECTION - 427 WHP DYNOJET (Gone)
(#502)
Old

Car: 335i M sport
Default 04-26-2016, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Firmware is in the first post.
Where ? I do not see it ???

2014 - M6 f06, FabWorx Ctlss DP's, JB4, FSB meth, Turner Exhaust.
2012 - 650i M sport JB stage 1 (Gone)
2009 - 335i N54 JB4, DINAN CAI, MACHT SHNELL DP'S, HPF FMIC, ER CP, SYNAPSE BOV, EISENMANN RACE EXHAUST, BT OIL CC, COOLINGMIST/SNOW PERFORMANCE METH INJECTION - 427 WHP DYNOJET (Gone)
(#503)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-26-2016, 08:19 AM

Bottom of the first post. Really can't miss it!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#504)
Old

Car: 2010 X5M - Alpine White on Sakhir Orange
Default 04-26-2016, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iMspizzle
WHERE ? I can not find it, can you make it in RED BOLD ? I don't see it i swear
Why'd you quote me

Bump for Terry...am I 100% wasting my time in hoping that you'll give the S63 any love in regards to JB4 and BCM so we can start running boost numbers like the S63TU guys?

Last edited by m5james; 04-28-2016 at 09:37 AM..
(#505)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-29-2016, 02:20 PM

Note for those running the JB4, meth, and the REV3 bluetooth kit. I've had 3 customers now report an issue with their meth randomly turning on and draining the tank when they are not in the vehicle. In all three cases they had a REV3 kit installed so we're pretty sure its related somehow. If anyone else has had this issue crop up let me know so we can get to the bottom of it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#506)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-29-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Why'd you quote me

Bump for Terry...am I 100% wasting my time in hoping that you'll give the S63 any love in regards to JB4 and BCM so we can start running boost numbers like the S63TU guys?
Just not enough of them out there to work with. It is possible the existing JB4 for the s63tu is compatible. Test one out and shoot me a log.

Burger Motorsports

(#507)
Old

Car: M5
Default 05-04-2016, 08:59 PM

Went out to grab a log of Map 2 on 93 octane tonight. MDM on, car cutting power in this 50 degree weather, still managing a 7.2s 60-130 time.

After sending over the logs to BMS, car seems good to leave as is - even though trims maxed out, AFR is in check. Attached are the verified VBOX files and a screenshot of the log .

(#508)
Old

Car: 2010 X5M - Alpine White on Sakhir Orange
Default 05-05-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Just not enough of them out there to work with. It is possible the existing JB4 for the s63tu is compatible. Test one out and shoot me a log.
I can't PM you so can you PM me, please.
(#509)
Old

Car: 2012 335is
Default 05-05-2016, 09:36 AM

For CA guys, which octane booster are you using? Or are you buying 100 octane and mixing with 91?

Will JB4 or our ECU's adapt to 100/91 mix?
(#510)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-05-2016, 09:40 AM

Quote:
I can't PM you so can you PM me, please.
PM system is disabled for me. Just email us!

Burger Motorsports

(#511)
Old

Car: 13 M5 DCT
Default 05-05-2016, 10:19 AM

ERM5 what a/f numbers are you getting on map2 at the 5500-7000rpm range? I was in the 13/14 range
(#512)
Old

Default 05-05-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Note for those running the JB4, meth, and the REV3 bluetooth kit. I've had 3 customers now report an issue with their meth randomly turning on and draining the tank when they are not in the vehicle. In all three cases they had a REV3 kit installed so we're pretty sure its related somehow. If anyone else has had this issue crop up let me know so we can get to the bottom of it.
Do we have any solid root cause? After swapping my ecu JB4 board and wiring the power of the Meth FSB controller and Bluetooth Rev3 device to the red fused red cable above the oem ECU passenger side box(instead of getting power for positive batter post)....and using a plastic jb4 case instead of the metal one.....all has been working fine....no meth flooding my engine after car sat for hours....
(#513)
Old

Default 05-05-2016, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conquistador
For CA guys, which octane booster are you using? Or are you buying 100 octane and mixing with 91?

Will JB4 or our ECU's adapt to 100/91 mix?
I use Lucas octane booster...really good octane boost for daily driving
(#514)
Old

Default 05-05-2016, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeve13m
ERM5 what a/f numbers are you getting on map2 at the 5500-7000rpm range? I was in the 13/14 range
Check the log from a few posts up to get a general idea of the AFR curve. Here are specific values from 4th gear:
(#515)
Old

Car: 2012 335is
Default 05-05-2016, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERM5
Check the log from a few posts up to get a general idea of the AFR curve. Here are specific values from 4th gear:
Are you running meth?
(#516)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-05-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Do we have any solid root cause? After swapping my ecu JB4 board and wiring the power of the Meth FSB controller and Bluetooth Rev3 device to the red fused red cable above the oem ECU passenger side box(instead of getting power for positive batter post)....and using a plastic jb4 case instead of the metal one.....all has been working fine....no meth flooding my engine after car sat for hours....
No but we have a suspicion that its related to the REV3 power wire. Have we had to relocate it to the JB4 harness yet? If not I'd do that.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#517)
Old

Default 05-05-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conquistador
Are you running meth?
No - my car is otherwise stock other than the JB4+BCM and 93 octane.
(#518)
Old

Car: BMW F10 M5
Default 05-05-2016, 05:29 PM

Terry, I want to run water / meth injection, I only want the cleaning and ATI lowering benefits, can I control the 50/50 water/meth injection to run at the high level with JB4 but limit boost to 19/21psi to keep torque and the DTC clutches in check? I ordered the #5 injectors, should I go smaller with this in mind? I know others have this use in mind as well.

Thanks
Jay
(#519)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-05-2016, 05:40 PM

CM5 nozzle sound good for that role. Just run a really low additive on map8. Like a 10 additive to start.

Burger Motorsports

(#520)
Old

Car: BMW F10 M5
Default 05-05-2016, 05:49 PM

Terry,

Thank you.

Just tried to call you but got Bavarian Autosports, obvoiulsy not you lol- can you PM me a number to contact you on or reply to my email.

I want to sort the order out for the JB4, filters, water injection kit etc.

Thanks
Jay.
(#521)
Old

Default 05-06-2016, 08:45 AM

Quote:
your car runs richer than mine not sure why(below is rpm/af on 4th gear map2...but didnt go too far up in rpm on logs)....so you are in the safe zone on map2 maybe on the very rich side(low 12's is target at peak rpm I believe)......I run K&N drop in filters and octane booster....

5090 14.8
5147 14.4
5216 14.4
5393 13.9
5503 13.9
5473 14.7
5552 14.4
5657 14.4
5720 14.4
5771 14.3
5845 14.1
5950 13.6
6030 13.2

Last edited by steeve13m; 05-06-2016 at 08:57 AM..
(#522)
Old

Default 05-06-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
your car runs richer than mine not sure why(below is rpm/af on 4th gear map2...but didnt go too far up in rpm on logs)....so you are in the safe zone on map2 maybe on the very rich side(low 12's is target at peak rpm I believe)......I run K&N drop in filters and octane booster....

5090 14.8
5147 14.4
5216 14.4
5393 13.9
5503 13.9
5473 14.7
5552 14.4
5657 14.4
5720 14.4
5771 14.3
5845 14.1
5950 13.6
6030 13.2
I have a 2016 Competition pack, you (not sure if this makes any difference)? Log was done in 50 degree weather, what were your conditions?
(#523)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-06-2016, 09:21 AM

The CP would increase the amount of boost you can run before running out of fuel trims without meth. It's like a mini back end flash map. On the converse if you do add meth some day it will slightly limit power due to a lower maximum timing advance.

Burger Motorsports

(#524)
Old

Default 05-06-2016, 09:24 AM

Quote:
I have a 2016 Competition pack, you (not sure if this makes any difference)? Log was done in 50 degree weather, what were your conditions?
Yes CP version might explain it....2013 M5, 85F FL....either way I am installing performance clutchpacks soon and aiming for 26psi(maybe more PSI on 93oct+octane booster) with CM10 larger meth nozzles to control a/f....then will post Dyno stats
(#525)
Old

Default 05-06-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
The CP would increase the amount of boost you can run before running out of fuel trims without meth. It's like a mini back end flash map. On the converse if you do add meth some day it will slightly limit power due to a lower maximum timing advance.
Very helpful - maybe with what were seeing the competition package cars could get away with Map 2, while non-comp vehicles will need meth.

I am definitely looking to add meth in the near future, but I'm going to do both the meth and dodson DCT upgrade at the same time because its inevitable that the clutches will give out at some point.