N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#426)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-31-2016, 01:00 PM

The power potential for a JB4 vs. a Stage1 is similar. But the JB4 will be much smoother, and offer more features, while hitting the same peak power level. To get more power than Stage1 you need the JB4 + BCM.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#427)
Old

Car: 2014 BMW M5
Default 02-01-2016, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The power potential for a JB4 vs. a Stage1 is similar. But the JB4 will be much smoother, and offer more features, while hitting the same peak power level. To get more power than Stage1 you need the JB4 + BCM.
And JB4 plus BCM is worth all the install labor plus some! Car comes to life.
(#428)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe
Default 02-02-2016, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrdriven
Hi!

Are you able to elaborate and explain what you mean by the 'car comes to life'? I have the stage 1 and have been happily using it for years now--it's been in 4 or 5 cars and is currently in my M6. I'm trying to gather some more objective data as to why I might go for the JB4+BCM upgrade. Are you able to compare the two (assuming you had the stage 1 that is)?

Thanks.

2020 BMW M8 Competition Gran Coupe
(#429)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-02-2016, 06:20 PM

Quote:

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#430)
Old

Default 02-02-2016, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Excellent... both you and your customers seem elated!

Feel free to chime in on my question below assuming your obvious enthusiasm and possible bias doesn't hinder your objectivity :

Quote:
Are you able to elaborate and explain what you mean by the 'car comes to life'? I have the stage 1 and have been happily using it for years now--it's been in 4 or 5 cars and is currently in my M6. I'm trying to gather some more objective data as to why I might go for the JB4+BCM upgrade. Are you able to compare the two (assuming you had the stage 1 that is)?

(#431)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-02-2016, 09:03 PM

The JB4+BCM adds power and features over the Stage1. We've not come across any customers who have upgraded who didn't think it was well worth it.

Burger Motorsports

(#432)
Old

Car: 2014 BMW M5
Default 02-03-2016, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride
Hi!

Thanks.
Going from 17/18 psi to 21/22 psi and hitting more consistently to target you will absolutely feel the power difference. Remind yourself of power difference you felt from stock to stage 1. Then you can almost compare that to stage 1 to jb4 + BCM. If you then add meth to that, car will scare you again.
(#433)
Old

Default 02-03-2016, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Going from 17/18 psi to 21/22 psi and hitting more consistently to target you will absolutely feel the power difference. Remind yourself of power difference you felt from stock to stage 1. Then you can almost compare that to stage 1 to jb4 + BCM. If you then add meth to that, car will scare you again.
Thanks... that's helpful.

(#434)
Old

Car: e93 335 i
Default 02-06-2016, 02:57 PM

Anybody a few more pictures of m5 install?
(#435)
Old

Car: 335i M sport
Default 02-07-2016, 11:08 PM

Car feels fast on map2 with bcm, feels like I've added e85 honestly

2014 - M6 f06, FabWorx Ctlss DP's, JB4, FSB meth, Turner Exhaust.
2012 - 650i M sport JB stage 1 (Gone)
2009 - 335i N54 JB4, DINAN CAI, MACHT SHNELL DP'S, HPF FMIC, ER CP, SYNAPSE BOV, EISENMANN RACE EXHAUST, BT OIL CC, COOLINGMIST/SNOW PERFORMANCE METH INJECTION - 427 WHP DYNOJET (Gone)
(#436)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 02-09-2016, 04:19 AM

Hello I've ordered s63tu M5/M6 JB4 BETA w/ BCM & OBDII, should I order the stage 1 also??
and If I order it where should I plug it as the s63tu M5/M6 JB4 BETA w/ BCM & OBDII will be plugged in the TMAP sensor.

335i M//, 07",IC, CP, BOV, LPFP stage 3, Meth kit, MHD ST,PI,PTE 6466, 32psi ~ 750whp
(#437)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-09-2016, 09:35 AM

You either run the JB4 OR the Stage1, not both at the same time, lol.

Burger Motorsports

(#438)
Old

Default 02-09-2016, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iMspizzle
Car feels fast on map2 with bcm, feels like I've added e85 honestly
That's great to know.

I notice below you've dyno'd most of your cars--any plans to do the same here? I'm especially interested since we share the same car and I know what I'm putting down with Terry's stage 1...

(#439)
Old

Default 02-09-2016, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powell
I am on day 3 on Map 2 with my JB4+BCM on 93oct. Going to put it on our dyno tomorrow or Wednesday.

If you read first post he talks about tuning on pump gas and they found Map 2 at 22psi was good on 93oct. The link to that thread is in the post as well.
Did you ever post back the dyno results--it's possible I missed something?

(#440)
Old

Default 02-09-2016, 08:40 PM

Quote:
You either run the JB4 OR the Stage1, not both at the same time, lol.
Ok so far I have installed the jb4 with the bcm, but FF keep rising and Im not getting any more boost.
Attached Files
File Type: csv m6.csv (8.0 KB, 121 views)

335i M//, 07",IC, CP, BOV, LPFP stage 3, Meth kit, MHD ST,PI,PTE 6466, 32psi ~ 750whp
(#441)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-09-2016, 09:30 PM

Looks like a major boost leak, fault code stored, or some issue with your installation. Unrelated to your problem but boost safety should be set to 26psi.

Burger Motorsports

(#442)
Old

Default 02-09-2016, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Looks like a major boost leak, fault code stored, or some issue with your installation. Unrelated to your problem but boost safety should be set to 26psi.
I tried to set boost safety to 26 but nothing changed.

As you can see the throttle is closing at WOT and it never be in a range 70-100, do you think it could be installation issue.

What's your recommendation?

Last edited by TheDoctor; 02-09-2016 at 10:56 PM..
(#443)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-10-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor
What's your recommendation?
We don't do 1 on 1 tech support in the main forum. You could make a post in the support forum. I'd start by removing the BCM though and doing a log on map4 on the JB4 only to evaluate stock boost.

Burger Motorsports

(#444)
Old

Default 02-10-2016, 09:31 AM

Okay I will do and attach the log to the support section.

(#445)
Old

Default 02-10-2016, 09:46 AM

But I have one question I upload the firmware through the bluetooth kit don't you think I should do it through the obd ??

(#446)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-10-2016, 10:05 AM

The JB4 firmware is loaded via either a BMS DATA cable or the JB4 blue tooth kit.

Burger Motorsports

(#447)
Old

Car: F10 M5 CP
Default 03-02-2016, 01:22 AM

Hi Terry,

Hope all is well with you. Just to ask, as i randomly read from "N54" section that FUD set to 0 means the various FutureUseD options are not enabled while FUD set to 95 means the duty bias adjustment is "activated" and hence requires the DB to be set manually by rpm. Does this applies to the S63tu 1.4c firmware as well? Thanks.
(#448)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-02-2016, 08:14 AM

N54 stuff does not apply to the S63tu.

Burger Motorsports

(#449)
Old

Car: F10 M5 CP
Default 03-02-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
N54 stuff does not apply to the S63tu.
Ah ok. Thanks. So I'll just leave my FUD at 0.
(#450)
Old

Car: 135i / 335i / Z4 3.5
Default 03-03-2016, 11:55 AM

Anyone running the JB4 with BCM on an otherwise Stock (non-CP) M5 on 93 octane? How's it going for you? Running Map 1 or Map 2 most often?