N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#126)
Old

Car: 2007 335i e92 Coupe
Default 12-23-2015, 08:06 PM

So you can add an aftermarket ATF cooler using the OEM quick connects. The ones in the pic (black and brown) are my first prototypes that are welded assemblies. They are still on my car.

The ones I posted earlier are CNC'd out of one piece of 6061 round stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebrailbakan
So , all in all , what is this thing for ?
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
(#127)
Old
Legend

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 12-23-2015, 08:17 PM

I am convinced now. So, could you please tell me the best combo that can be used with your this apparatus ? Or, if you can make me a box which includes all the things (aftermarket ATF cooler and OEM equipments) regarding this cooling state of art stuff, I can purchase and do the payment to your PayPal account immediately. Thanks in advance

Bmw E90 2007 AT 335xi MSD80,Jb4 G5 ISO,
Full Bolt Ons, Ps2 turbos, TFT inlet system,xHP Stage 3

Do more with less !
(#128)
Old

Default 12-24-2015, 12:14 PM

PM sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebrailbakan
I am convinced now. So, could you please tell me the best combo that can be used with your this apparatus ? Or, if you can make me a box which includes all the things (aftermarket ATF cooler and OEM equipments) regarding this cooling state of art stuff, I can purchase and do the payment to your PayPal account immediately. Thanks in advance
(#129)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i coupe
Default 12-25-2015, 03:02 PM

Same here looks interesting

2007 e92 auto
Jb4/dci/e85blend/e85flash/fuel-it stage2
12.53 @ 114
after ***: 11.92 @ 117.98
(#130)
Old
Guy with the pet snails

Car: 135i vert
Default 12-27-2015, 02:37 PM

Looks really good man

Motorsport Photographer, PM for Pricing on Car Shoots - mattkalish.com

(#131)
Old

Default 12-27-2015, 03:00 PM

Thanks! It's been a monsoon down here since I got back so I havent had a good opportunity to get the final high load data but based on what I've taken so far, it will perform as expected. Still running with no issues. Shifts are smooth and crisp even in 30F weather.

The TSTATs must have a wear-in period for the pellet because the temps are staying right at the set-points now , whereas before they would hover right below them. I'm extremely satisfied with how these systems are preforming so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenvert
Looks really good man
(#132)
Old

Car: 09 E92 335i
Default 12-28-2015, 01:29 AM

Just wondering, do we have any data on how hot does the transmission get during high power repeated multigear pulls with and without the cooling mod?

09 BMW E92 335i: EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins
(#133)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 12-28-2015, 05:14 AM

We do it's just not available to homos that list the number of mods they have in their signature block. I think the M3 wannabe hang out is E90 post......why don't you head over there.
(#134)
Old

Default 12-28-2015, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerotest
We do it's just not available to homos that list the number of mods they have in their signature block. I think the M3 wannabe hang out is E90 post......why don't you head over there.
Classy...

Anyway, someone of us would like see facts nonetheless. I track my car on road course dozen times a year and would like see any real justifications for such cooling mod. If that makes me a homo, so be it... Not all 335i owner is interested in drag and "highway racing" just FYI. If I were to troll, I rather go to BB and post on one of those VTT threads instead....

If you don't have anything to contribute, GTFO.

09 BMW E92 335i: EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]

Last edited by Cloud9Blue; 12-28-2015 at 07:14 AM..
(#135)
Old
Guy with the pet snails

Car: 135i vert
Default 12-28-2015, 08:21 AM

Quote:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha what!?

Motorsport Photographer, PM for Pricing on Car Shoots - mattkalish.com

(#136)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 12-28-2015, 10:22 AM

My apologies;I didn't realize you are the spokesperson for the community of track enthusiasts.

The issue here is your persistent nagging for data that meets your specific demands, on a time table that is driven by you. AUBeast is an enthusiast just like everyone else on these forums and he is offering his material solutions and knowledge to help other enthusiasts. He shares what he learns out of good will and the willingness to help others. What makes you think you have the right to demand anything from him? If you are so hot for this data why don't you go out and get it yourself with your own time and money? Your lack of respect for others is part of the small minority of individuals driving away innovators from taking risks and participating in the development of this platform. Maybe one day you will understand that "it is not the critic that counts".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9Blue
Classy...

Anyway, someone of us would like see facts nonetheless. I track my car on road course dozen times a year and would like see any real justifications for such cooling mod. If that makes me a homo, so be it... Not all 335i owner is interested in drag and "highway racing" just FYI. If I were to troll, I rather go to BB and post on one of those VTT threads instead....

(#137)
Old
Legend

Default 12-28-2015, 10:56 AM

Quote:
My apologies;I didn't realize you are the spokesperson for the community of track enthusiasts.

The issue here is your persistent nagging for data that meets your specific demands, on a time table that is driven by you. AUBeast is an enthusiast just like everyone else on these forums and he is offering his material solutions and knowledge to help other enthusiasts. He shares what he learns out of good will and the willingness to help others. What makes you think you have the right to demand anything from him? If you are so hot for this data why don't you go out and get it yourself with your own time and money? Your lack of respect for others is part of the small minority of individuals driving away innovators from taking risks and participating in the development of this platform. Maybe one day you will understand that "it is not the critic that counts".
THE MAN !!!!!

Do more with less !
(#138)
Old

Default 12-28-2015, 12:33 PM

Quote:

Look, if you having a bad holiday, whatever... No need to vent it here and sound like an *******... Anyway, what makes you think you are speaking out for the N54 community either? Anyone can throw on a single turbo on these cars put down some glory dyno number and do those ricer flyby on the local highways...

This thread has been going on for several months, is it really too much to ask for some real data on the transmission temp from OP and several other who may have bought this parts and did the conversion already? After all, I am not the one who is making and selling these parts. Don't think that is unreasonable from a prospective buyer point of view.

Maybe guys like you who buy these cars used and beat up for dirt cheap don't give a ****, and don't mind throwing whatever you read on the forums on the damn car for ****s and giggles. But I had this car since new and plan on keeping it for the long run. So I would get some real information on its effect rather than just speculation before throwing things on my "wanna-be M3"...

I rest my case here

(#139)
Old

Car: 09 335i 6AT Coupe
Default 12-28-2015, 01:27 PM

Just received mine in this afternoon via fedex. Machining is top notch, Looks like they will work perfectly. Going to start ordering the rest of the parts now. Car is officially parked for the winter now so no testing will be done on mine untill spring. Will also do new pan/filter and fluid at the same time.
(#140)
Old

Car: 335i DCT
Default 12-28-2015, 03:48 PM

Quote:

Completely agree!

Cloud9 seems like an utter annoyance who just wants wants wants...

In case you still don't get it, AUBeast is selling the FITTINGS for you to be able to run an aux cooler for your Transmission.

He is not selling a kit or anything else for that matter (cooler, thermostat, lines, etc), yet you are on his case.

Don't like it? Not enough data? Not enough data on the data? Then don't buy it!
(#141)
Old

Default 12-28-2015, 11:41 PM

Well. OP said he will do an actual testing soon months ago, but this thread is 6 pages long and months old, and I have yet to see an single result. All I see is just speculation from both sides. If you guys are claiming this is a good solution, I would like to see some real data. If that's asking too much... Not to mind there is so much wrong info on this thread... (Tq doesn't generate heat, it's the rpm, so I have no idea why you guys with street use only cars are even bothering with such mods). This kind of group thinking and circle jerk belongs to BB not here just FYI.

All the while there is a perfect off the shelf option already for our cooling problem, the CSF AT radiator, that is a much simpler PnP solution. I wonder who was the first to find and tested and presented actual data for that part a year ago.

(#142)
Old

Default 12-29-2015, 06:15 AM

Either you can't read or you're just flat out black hole retarded. I have addressed why I haven't been able to test both cars yet, twice on this page alone. I've posted results from the tests I've actually been able to do, even proving that the trans generates its own heat and experiences soak from the engine, so I have no idea where your "speculation" comment comes from. This mod is working perfectly for me the way I intended it to for my climate. If you don't think it's a good idea or have a better solution in place then DONT DO IT. It's really that simple.

So, let's get something straight, bud, firstly, I don't answer to you or anyone else on this forum so I don't know where you get off demanding data from me. Secondly, I do these mods for ME and me alone. If they can help other people and they want to do them, fine, but my time and material is not free. Thirdly, I have a real job. Selling trinkets on an internet forum isn't going to make me retire any sooner so I don't have to give douche rockets like you a rusty trombone every time you make a demand. You've already stated several times in this thread that you wouldn't do this mod anyway because you're a Johnny Racecar Road Track Driver and you have radiator blah blah blah so I don't know why you're even still in this thread other than to be disruptive. I don't track my car so I DGAF about collecting data specific to that, especially for you but I will try to simulate it to help others. Any retard can deduce that if you want cooler temps, adding coolers is how you do it. If you want the data sooner, go get it yourself or is mod #43 too much to handle? I stopped taking you seriously pages ago. This is the last time I engage you so you can get out of my thread now TROLL.

Quote:
Well. OP said he will do an actual testing soon months ago, but this thread is 6 pages long and months old, and I have yet to see an single result. All I see is just speculation from both sides. If you guys are claiming this is a good solution, I would like to see some real data. If that's asking too much... Not to mind there is so much wrong info on this thread... (Tq doesn't generate heat, it's the rpm, so I have no idea why you guys with street use only cars are even bothering with such mods). This kind of group thinking and circle jerk belongs to BB not here just FYI.

All the while there is a perfect off the shelf option already for our cooling problem, the CSF AT radiator, that is a much simpler PnP solution. I wonder who was the first to find and tested and presented actual data for that part a year ago.

Last edited by AUbeast86; 12-29-2015 at 06:39 AM..
(#143)
Old
Legend

Default 12-29-2015, 06:24 AM

@cloud9blue ;
As everybody knows the N54 engines have lots of power potentials,logically, so do the owners! So you can't say for an aftermarket product is useless just for street user guys or racing guys. What you can afford you can have, to reach high power levels while being safe at the same time. This thread is defınitely for this situation. If you feel uncomfortable and have suspects , just google dozens of page and find a more reliable solution then pick it up and sell us.
I'll be the first one to pay whatever the price is!!!

Do more with less !
(#144)
Old

Car: '07 E90 335i
Default 12-29-2015, 07:10 AM

Quote:
If you are so hot for this data why don't you go out and get it yourself with your own time and money?
Agreed. AUBeast isn't Mishimoto or Active Autowerke, etc. where he has to worry about answering every. nagging. question. on the forums in order to insure the profitability of more mass produced parts. Being thankful that he decided to make more for the rest of us is plenty enough.

This is one of those times where the results already presented should be enough to figure out whether or not you'd like to give it a go on your own car or not by now. After that you would theoretically post your OWN results so you could, you know, not only answer your own questions yourself, but actually help benefit the rest of the community in the process by actually posting the results as well.
(#145)
Old

Default 12-29-2015, 10:23 AM

Op, not sure what you are so god damn sensitive about me questioning for some hard data on the trans temp. If your mod is actually reversible and easily doable on jack stands, you bet my money I would have bought your piece to test them out myself already. But it isn't. That's why I have been checking up on this thread every few weeks to see if there is an actual update. I am in no way trying to troll the work you are sharing but you made this thread on a highly technical forum and do you really expect everyone just praise the lord and ignore some legit questions here? Do you how frustrating it is to see countless trans cooling thread over the years and yet no one bother to post any real temperature data... Guess some of you guys are just too new to this platform to notice.

Anyway, if you want to be the actual douch nozzle and resort to name calling like some of morons here, that's fine by me. I won't bother with you and this thread again.

As for the rest of you who has problem with my signature, grow up and go f yourself. It is the default wheelwell signature, sure beats a mile long mod list like some of you guys...

(#146)
Old

Car: 09 335i 6AT Coupe
Default 12-29-2015, 12:42 PM

@cloud9blue I would be interested in seeing the testing you did for the csf radiator that you installed. I assume you have some back to back coolant and trans temp data to back up said claims.
(#147)
Old

Default 12-29-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtKurt
@cloud9blue I would be interested in seeing the testing you did for the csf radiator that you installed. I assume you have some back to back coolant and trans temp data to back up said claims.
You are more than welcome to read mine and fellow "track-day boy-racers" such as Paradoxical3's threads on e90post engine and track subforum.

(#148)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 12-29-2015, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Classy...

You don't track your car. Driving it around an empty grocery store parking lot does not count. You probably wouldn't even make it around a real track. Your kids are ugly and your wife looks like a man.

07 335i sleeper - PT5858 single turbo - stock exhaust - stock wheels
(#149)
Old

Default 12-29-2015, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfmarine
You don't track your car. Driving it around an empty grocery store parking lot does not count. You probably wouldn't even make it around a real track. Your kids are ugly and your wife looks like a man.
Lol, ways to support OP by turning this thread into trash you guys. But I will play along this time anyway since I am jet lagged.

Would love to see you at a real track like Road America next time I am there and I bet genius like you can't even do a proper lap under 3 mins. I am not gonna judge you on your "street racing experience" and how you live your life quarter mile at a time, it's a free country and everyone is free to enjoy their cars in ways they prefer. But have you ever driven on a track that has turns?

I don't have kids nor a wife FYI. But if I do, they sure won't grow up to be someone like you who can't even construct a proper insult for a man of your age. Ex-military I guess? Way to represent this country with dumbass like you.

(#150)
Old

Car: '07 E90 335i
Default 12-30-2015, 08:52 AM

lol