N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: '10 335i
Default 09-28-2015, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G.
Yes Tony, anytime you have a sale or the market pushes the cost down be prepared to honor that price for all others who purchased said product in the past. I know how important small business are but they should still be required to do this.
I never said he was required to do anything, just suggesting an alternative. Many businesses do a price matching program. He could even put a stipulation and make it only for those that purchased them within 60 or 90 days of the price drop. It's not far fetched and only a suggestion.
(#52)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 09-28-2015, 08:39 PM

I wonder why other companies don't do this on a regular basis.

Maybe Forbes magazine online can shed some light.

E92 ACF 6466 + AM Meth / E70 #1 / E70 #2 JBD

Got Boost?
(#53)
Old

Car: BMW 335i e90
Default 09-28-2015, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech
Hey guys! Hope everyone had a good weekend. We are super excited to announce our new VTT customer appreciation / Bounty / Sponsorship program!

It has become a common theme for people to buy expensive performance parts, and seemingly disappear. This is frustrating for not only the community, but the vendor as well. It seems the only people who speak up, are the unhappy ones. Well we decided to do something about it.

Starting today we now offer cold hard cash in bounties to all VTT customers for showing your love for VTT products! The bounty system will work as follows.

VTT Customer Appreciation / Bounty program break down

Product unboxing:
1. Pictures of VTT product unboxing on social media with hashtags #VTT #VTTO #VTTbounty, and tagging of @vargasturbo. Pictures have to be posted on IG, and facebook. Email us directly with the links, invoice number, and paypal address. We will paypal you the bounty within 24 hours.

Product value / Bounty received:

$500 or less / $5 bounty
$500-$1000 / $10 bounty
$1000-2000 / $15 bounty
$2000-$3000 / $20 bounty
$3000+ / $25 bounty

2. Thread with Pictures of VTT product unboxing on forums with #VTT #VTTO #VTTbounty, tagging of sales@vargasturbotech. Thread has to be posted on BB, N54Tech, and E90. Email us directly with the links, invoice number, and paypal address. We will paypal you the bounty within 24 hours. Same bounty schedule for forums, meaning you can double up if you do social media, and forums!

Product value / Bounty received:

$500 or less / $5 bounty
$500-$1000 / $10 bounty
$1000-2000 / $15 bounty
$2000-$3000 / $20 bounty
$3000+ / $25 bounty

Product review:
Post a review of your VTT products, and customer service to the forums. Using the same hashtags as above, as well as link to review posted to Social media with hashtags. The review needs to be of installed product, working on the vehicle, including miles driven, initial impressions, etc

Product value / Bounty received

$500 or less / $10 bounty
$500-$1000 / $20 bounty
$1000-2000 / $30 bounty
$2000-$3000 / $40 bounty
$3000+ / $50 bounty

Performance Bounty:

This program is our way of rewarding customers who are out there with VTT products, racing, and making big power.

We are looking for dyno numbers, time slips, roll racing traps, LEGAL and SAFE racing videos, etc. Program works the same, post the above to social media, AND the forums with the supplied hashtags, as well as tagging us to qualify.

All dyno numbers, will have to accompanied with the original DRF, and video of the run, showing the actual run, and numbers on a DYNOJET dyno only. mile slips will need to have video of actual run with time shown on the same video, as well as the slip. Roll racing, video of race, and trap speed. again email us with links, invoice #, and paypal. VTT stickers need to be visible on every vehicle either in the video, or pictures posted with the video to qualify. Bounties are as follows

Dyno numbers:

N54:
OEM-Stage 1 450+WHP $25
Stage 2 /2+ 600+WHP $50
Stage 3 700-800 WHP $75
Stage 3 800-900 WHP $100
Stage 3 900-1000WHP $150
Stage 3 1000+WHP $250
New platform record $250

N55:
Stage 1 400+ WHP $50
Stage 2 500+WHP $100

(Other platforms to be added)

Racing:

slips:
12.0-11.5 slip $25
11.5-11.00 slip $50
10 second time slip $250
New platform record $250

Roll racing:
Kill video $25
Kill video while running direct VTT competitor $100
Trophy class win $200
Platform trap record $250

*See Performance bounty notes below

Sponsorship program:

You have a car you feel deserves sponsorship, we will offer sponsorship in this fashion.

Email us with a description of the car, your plans for it, how active you are in racing etc. If we think you fit our goals for sponsorship. We will grant you a discount code for products purchased. You can also earn the same bounties as everyone else to even further your discount level. Note we do not sponsor show cars, we are a performance company, we sponsor performance cars. There are minimum exposure requirements for sponsorship, which will be discussed on an individual basis.

These programs are in place, and active as of today 09-27-15, please let us know if you have any questions!

*We reserve the right to evaluate every entry for validity, and deny bounty claims if we feel they are not legit. Performance bounties are for vehicles with VTT turbochargers, and or VTT accessories. Not VTT accessories only. Any Srace video we feel shows illegal, or unsafe racing will not be accepted, and we reserve the right to report the illegal activity to the highway patrol, multiple LEGAL race video entries are awarded a bounty at our discretion. For the strip the first pass at each ET level will be rewarded, then we will not award a bounty until you reach the next tier. We do not condone or support illegal street racing, all performance bounties are to be performed under safe, and sanctioned racing events to even be considered
You know, I like you more and more on a daily basis LMAO You'll get plenty of flack for this I'm sure but I think it's a great idea! A lot of shops in the LSX world will offer discounts when people post pictures at the shop getting work done, having their products installed etc. I see this as no different and a great idea!
(#54)
Old

Car: 335
Default 09-28-2015, 08:50 PM

Should have just made bounties for 1/4 slips, roll event results, dyno records. Leave positive reviews out of it. Then some these people wouldn't get their panties in a bunch.
(#55)
Old

Default 09-29-2015, 04:26 AM

Holy crap there's a bunch of Nancy's over here.
(#56)
Old

Default 09-29-2015, 04:38 AM

LOL @ the crook paying for positive reviews.
Not surprised. Who believes them though.
(#57)
Old

Default 09-29-2015, 04:49 AM

Why is everyone beating on tony and vargas? Seriously... It makes perfect sense..

There is no incentive whatsoever for a good review, feedback. Just if someone can be ****ed doing it..

Yet if someone is pissed off or angry they are super motivated to jump on and throw up a rant post or comment..

I have no affiliation with Tony.. am just another dude on the forum..

What hes doing is done everyday in real business.. Speak with any marketing person who knows their **** and they'll tell you the same.
(#58)
Old

Default 09-29-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swat
Where does it say anything about doing illegal crimes? Not once does it say that. It does however say, LEGAL and SAFE in capital letters.
he erased it.....
(#59)
Old

Default 09-29-2015, 10:43 AM

I think this is a great incentive for anyone.

Really the review/install bounty is so little compared to what you spend, which is a good thing.

This could possibly encourage people put their performance parts to the test, and show some real world results. VTT or not
(#60)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW E90 335i
Default 09-29-2015, 11:21 AM

While I think it's hilarious that Tony needs to pay his customers to provide positive reviews, I am interested to see more results, particularly in the area of longevity.

2013 135is DCT Carbon Black
(#61)
Old

Default 09-29-2015, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferocity02
While I think it's hilarious that Tony needs to pay his customers to provide positive reviews, I am interested to see more results, particularly in the area of longevity.
I think he even said he would pay for a negative review as well. :p
(#62)
Old

Default 09-29-2015, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboyorak
Sure, but he will be screening the reviews and you know damn well the negative reviews aren't going to make the cut

(#63)
Old

Default 09-29-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboyorak
Not originally and only because he was called out on it.

He specifically stated only positive reviews until he changed it.

I'm over it, we all know moving forward anything you read is incentivized and must be taken with a grain of salt.

I like how he called out everyone on here on bimmerboost to boot and banned me from the thread after I called out his shady new marketting 'scheme' and it really is a scheme. scheme skēm verb 1. to make plans, especially in a devious way or with intent to do something illegal or wrong.

I still want to hear more about the Forbes article and how it validated his scheme that was comical.

Got Boost?
(#64)
Old
Quentin Wilson Esquire IV

Car: 335i
Default 09-29-2015, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus
I'm over it, we all know moving forward anything you read is incentivized and must be taken with a grain of salt.
Are you over it? Because it sure doesn't sound like you are over it.

Everything you read on the internet ANYWHERE needs to be taken with a grain of salt you ****ing moron. Like others have said, $50 is not going to magically make someone lie about a bad experience with $5k turbos sometimes with $1k installation!
This is literally just a tiny little motivation for someone to log in and write a paragraph or post some pictures or maybe just enough encouragement to go out and get a timeslip or dynograph. This is aimed at existing customers WHO ARE ALREADY HAPPY. Maybe instead of just getting and e-tune this is enough motivation for someone to get a real dynograph which is valuable info IMO.
If Tony was giving away free turbos or even a 50% discount in exchange for positive reviews I can see that being a bit shady because it would be enough incentive to lie.
This level of compensation wouldn't motivate me to lie about a review so I don't understand where your OMGSOBIASED concerns are coming from.
Any review that is posted in general has a strong bias...just look at amazon reviews or yelp. It is mostly people with very positive or very negative reviews regardless of compensation.

I think this is much better than if Tony just contacted all of his existing customers secretly and told them he would give them money for good reviews. That is a lot shadier and who knows, maybe the other guy is already doing just that...

(#65)
Old

Default 09-29-2015, 01:25 PM

I don't think giving incentives for product reviews is a bad thing. Reviews are extremely powerful in online marketing. However, the screening of the reviews must be performed by someone who is unbiased, not by the manufacturer. This is common sense. Amazon reviews is a great example of this.

I just hope that any reviews that are denied by VTT are still posted to the forums so the community can judge accordingly.

(#66)
Old

Car: 09 E92 335i
Default 09-29-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru335i

Everything you read on the internet ANYWHERE needs to be taken with a grain of salt you ****ing moron. Like others have said, $50 is not going to magically make someone lie about a bad experience with $5k turbos sometimes with $1k installation!
This is literally just a tiny little motivation for someone to log in and write a paragraph or post some pictures or maybe just enough encouragement to go out and get a timeslip or dynograph. This is aimed at existing customers WHO ARE ALREADY HAPPY. Maybe instead of just getting and e-tune this is enough motivation for someone to get a real dynograph which is valuable info IMO.
If Tony was giving away free turbos or even a 50% discount in exchange for positive reviews I can see that being a bit shady because it would be enough incentive to lie.
This level of compensation wouldn't motivate me to lie about a review so I don't understand where your OMGSOBIASED concerns are coming from.
Any review that is posted in general has a strong bias...just look at amazon reviews or yelp. It is mostly people with very positive or very negative reviews regardless of compensation.

I think this is much better than if Tony just contacted all of his existing customers secretly and told them he would give them money for good reviews. That is a lot shadier and who knows, maybe the other guy is already doing just that...
lol, at this point, I more inclined to believe the guy is banking his business on charging people for "re-stocking fee" for cancelled orders of products that he doesn't even stock, let alone deliver.

Think about it, it is basically free money for him and all he has to do is to create the illusion of VTT is "actually capable" of making all those "cool products", which is basically what he has trying to do on this platform for years...

You know a vendor is full of it when e90post doesn't want anything to do with them anymore...

09 BMW E92 335i: EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins
(#67)
Old

Default 09-29-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru335i

Like Tony likes to say: COOL STORY BRO!!!

Amazon, Google +, Yelp, etc. reviews are not allowed to be compensated and they actively remove reviews and people who are compensated in any way this includes the companies that are incentivizing people. This goes if the item costs $5, $50, $5000. This is for a good reason: it is unethical and underhanded marketing.

YO COOL STORY BRO How cool is it a Vendor is going to give back your own $100 after you flood instagram, facebook, social media, and 3 separate car forums with pictures and a review. If anything people are going to feel they have to now just so they can get back their own money. It's like not mailing in a rebate except in this case you have to advertise for the company before you get your rebate check(your own money) instead of just mailing in a copy of the receipt.

edit: I really don't care, i'm not going to buy a thing from him, I find it amusing if anything. It's like a college course in how not to conduct yourself in business. I will continue to call out tony when he does shady stuff. Like when he made claims his stage 2+s were so awesome and made Xwhp but the real gains were from having no inlets on. That information was purposely not disclosed, which was shady.

Got Boost?

Last edited by Torgus; 09-29-2015 at 02:00 PM..
(#68)
Old

Default 09-29-2015, 02:14 PM

You guys seriously need to shut up and get over your vendetta with this guy. You are worse than Tony is. At least he is actually helping the platform greatly and helping others reach their goals. What the hell are guys doing? Other than being keyboard warriors?
(#69)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 09-29-2015, 03:13 PM

RB is a cūnt. Long live VTT.

07 335i sleeper - PT5858 single turbo - stock exhaust - stock wheels

Last edited by wtfmarine; 09-29-2015 at 03:19 PM..
(#70)
Old

Car: 135i 6MT
Default 09-29-2015, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G.
Yes Tony, anytime you have a sale or the market pushes the cost down be prepared to honor that price for all others who purchased said product in the past. I know how important small business are but they should still be required to do this.
Hi,

i went to the supermarket and bought $200 worth of groceries on sunday. When i went back the following week, half of the items i had bought were now on sale! The supermarket should refund me the difference between what i paid on sunday, and what it would have cost today!!

I'm sorry, but this logic is ridiculous. People choose to purchase something at the time they want/need it. They purchase the product because they are willing to pay the price requested, at the time they want it.

It's unfortunate the way these things go. Some businesses do offer that if an item goes on sale within 'x' days from purchase, that you will be eligible for the reduced rate as well via refund. Requesting Tony do it for ALL purchases prior is simply ludicrous.
(#71)
Old

Car: 2007 335i Coupe
Default 09-29-2015, 06:03 PM

I would agree if a reputable company offered a program like this, the general consensus would be positive. However, it's (usually) implemented by a new company trying to build a reputation. (I.E. Hexon) This is why Tony is getting so much push back. Tony, as many have reminded us has already built his reputation with sub par products, unbearable wait times, lies about other tuners/competitors and insults to anyone who chooses a different product than his own.

Due to the above issues, I don't feel this program will help him or anyone buying his products. If I were Tony's business consultant I would advise him to stop throwing stones at others and focus his attention on building more reliable, better performing products in a more timely fashion.

Last edited by Whosdady; 09-29-2015 at 06:09 PM..
(#72)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 09-29-2015, 06:07 PM

Yeah I know the past and what has gone on. But it's not like that now. I know people flame Tony and all but I don't give into this crap anymore. He's putting out excellent products now, and there are videos on YouTube of people running his turbos and running extremely well! I don't have any of his products whatsoever so don't call me biased. But when i see his posts, yes he can be direct, but sometimes that's what you gotta be. He's not lying or anything and he's getting his point across directly not beating around the Bush. He's the one that's been pushing the stock frame platform forward in all honesty. Yes there haven't been a lot of times posted, but he does have dyno records. What he's doing here is encouraging those people breaking the records to get out there and show the whole story and prove these turbos can seriously perform. I like what he's doing lately personally and i can forget the past and move on.I know I'll take flac for saying this but iI don't care. At this point I'm more inclined to buy his product than any other.

----------------
Stacked BMS Flash & JB4, Dinan CAI, ER Chargepipe, 7" VRSF Intercooler, VRSF DP's, ER Sport Oil Cooler w/Steel lines, Gunmetal 19" VMR V710's, 335is clutch, Wavetrac LSD, M3 FSB, M3 Front & Rear Control arms, M3 RSB, M3 rear subframe bushings, M3 guide rods
(#73)
Old

Default 09-29-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swat
Yeah I know the past and what has gone on. But it's not like that now. I know people flame Tony and all but I don't give into this crap anymore. He's putting out excellent products now, and there are videos on YouTube of people running his turbos and running extremely well! I don't have any of his products whatsoever so don't call me biased. But when i see his posts, yes he can be direct, but sometimes that's what you gotta be. He's not lying or anything and he's getting his point across directly not beating around the Bush. He's the one that's been pushing the stock frame platform forward in all honesty. Yes there haven't been a lot of times posted, but he does have dyno records. What he's doing here is encouraging those people breaking the records to get out there and show the whole story and prove these turbos can seriously perform. I like what he's doing lately personally and i can forget the past and move on.I know I'll take flac for saying this but iI don't care. At this point I'm more inclined to buy his product than any other.
I think you should buy his products and offer a non biased review. Unfortunately I haven't noticed any changes. His lies about Wedge tuning were only a couple weeks ago. Three days ago a stage 1 customer posted on e90 a complaint that he has been waiting 3 months to receive his new turbos. Plus I have read or heard about 6 vtt turbos going in the last three weeks... If there is a change I'm not sure it's going in the right direction?

Last edited by Whosdady; 09-29-2015 at 06:32 PM..
(#74)
Old

Default 09-29-2015, 06:19 PM

That's why I would buy products from anyone else!
(#75)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 09-29-2015, 06:21 PM

Tony as been acting MUCH better in the past 2-3 months and you have to give him that at least. You can clearly see he is making efforts.

I did not buy any VTT products yet, the only thing I find intersting is stage 2+ but not sure he will be able to maintain this price point with singles starting to be cheaper and other shops making simpler stock frame like Hexon.

Dyno numbers are cool for the impressionable crowd but when the real enthusiasts that like to drag race and break stuff like me get in on it they will not really care, they will want the most reliable/performing product per dollor$ upgrade for there goals.

Some ppl really need to take a step away from the Internet, I mean before all these facebook/smatphone and ****, just finding a receipe to upgrade your car the the net (dial up) was like a godsend haha

Cheers everyone, let's see some record breaking slips and stuff