N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 07 335xi
Default 09-28-2015, 01:58 PM

I would like to hear some reviews about the longevity of these turbos. Anybody been beating on theirs for over 50,000 miles? A few of those reviews might help me look past all the internet b.s and buy a set.
(#27)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 09-28-2015, 02:00 PM

This is not a bad idea as long as it rewards for both positive and negative reviews.
If it only rewards positive review then I can see where this can tick off some people.
Sometimes the bad reviews are needed to better improve the products and services offered. No company is 100% and mistakes happen and I would want to hear it from the customers to improve or make it better.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old

Car: 135
Default 09-28-2015, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus
You didn't read the Forbes article at all did you?

"4. Incent (but Donít Buy) Reviews

Sometimes even your most satisfied customers need some extra incentive to take time out of their busy schedule to write a review. Offering a small incentive is a good way to show your appreciation. You just need to make sure your offer is for writing a review, and not for writing a good review. Monthly giveaways, where you choose one reviewer at random, are effective ways to encourage reviews, and thereís no semblance of a transaction where you are paying for a review.
"

You are sending people money. Period. That is a transaction where you are paying for a review. Which Forbes says explicitly not to do. lol. You are really too much. At least read the links you post. Nothing better than: but forbes said it is ok, linking to said article, and the article says don't do what you are doing.

I knew this reaked of Shiv.

Can't wait to see Tony's response to this. Lol. Great job Torgus.

2009 135i 6MT Jet Black, FBO+
(#29)
Old

Car: 2007 335i Coupe
Default 09-28-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus
You didn't read the Forbes article at all did you?

"4. Incent (but Donít Buy) Reviews

Sometimes even your most satisfied customers need some extra incentive to take time out of their busy schedule to write a review. Offering a small incentive is a good way to show your appreciation. You just need to make sure your offer is for writing a review, and not for writing a good review. Monthly giveaways, where you choose one reviewer at random, are effective ways to encourage reviews, and thereís no semblance of a transaction where you are paying for a review.
"

You are sending people money. Period. That is a transaction where you are paying for a review. Which Forbes says explicitly not to do. lol. You are really too much. At least read the links you post. Nothing better than: but forbes said it is ok, linking to said article, and the article says don't do what you are doing.

I knew this reaked of Shiv.
I'm so bummed you beat me to this...^ Note to future self, read link before I post...
(#30)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 09-28-2015, 02:51 PM

Sometimes you don't even need actual cash. Amazing how well stickers and unique items from your shop make people happy. Stuff you can't buy works the best in my opinion.

07 335i sleeper - PT5858 single turbo - stock exhaust - stock wheels
(#31)
Old
Legend

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 09-28-2015, 02:52 PM

Tony you have cheated me ,
first give my money back then demand whatever you like buddy. A lot of people like me purchased vtt over 500 usd then you sold 350 usd only two days later. Is it fair ???

Bmw E90 2007 AT 335xi MSD80,Jb4 G5 ISO,
Full Bolt Ons, Ps2 turbos, TFT inlet system,xHP Stage 3

Do more with less !
(#32)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 09-28-2015, 03:23 PM

i have a great idea Tony, since you posted over on BB this site here is no good for anything besides technical support. delete this thread and quit posting here the majority would appreciate it. thanks for stopping by!

18í Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#33)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 09-28-2015, 04:35 PM

Wow there are so many salty trolls on this site nowadays lmfao....If you don't like his thread or him then stfu and go somewhere else. Don't clog it up with your pathetic attempts at a witty slams and jabs. You guys look like ****ing children, not grown men who own luxury vehicles.....I guess this is what happens when cars become affordable. Time to get that 911 turbo I've been wanting.

Tony, keep up the good work. The bounty program sounds pretty interesting. I've got some stuff I need to post a review of

~MHD Stage 2+~3.5 Bar Tmap~PR Ignition Kit~VTT Inlets~VTT Cast Valve Cover~VTT Dual CC~XClutch Twin Disk~BMS Short Shifter~ER Competition FMIC Kit w/ HKS SSQV~3"AR DP's~3" Custom exhaust~Fuel-It Stage 2 Bucket~
(#34)
Old

Default 09-28-2015, 04:36 PM

Everyone who has a problem.with this is an idiot. Thanks for listening. What a bunch of pathetic dick riding **** heads you are, RBs smoke and suck get over it. Knocking what amounts to a great rebate program for people who have purchased VTT products is a cool way to reward EXISTING customers. No one is forcing anyone to write anything, he even stated that his main hope is to collect data points for other consumers to have when comparing the different hybrid options out there. Once again Tony has a great idea, it gets knocked by dick riding losers and the competition will follow it up with a similar (if not exactly the same) promotion.
(#35)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 09-28-2015, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJz
Everyone who has a problem.with this is an idiot. Thanks for listening. What a bunch of pathetic dick riding **** heads you are, RBs smoke and suck get over it. Knocking what amounts to a great rebate program for people who have purchased VTT products is a cool way to reward EXISTING customers. No one is forcing anyone to write anything, he even stated that his main hope is to collect data points for other consumers to have when comparing the different hybrid options out there. Once again Tony has a great idea, it gets knocked by dick riding losers and the competition will follow it up with a similar (if not exactly the same) promotion.
If RB or any other vendor came up with this sketchy 'promotion' I would have posted the same thing. It's unethical and a bad business practice. Go to your companies marketing department and let me know what they think of this great marketing idea.

Would it be ok if Khols, Sears, BMW, Amazon, etc. paid people to write positive reviews of their products online? **** no. It would be on the 10 o'clock news.

'BMW caught sending out $1000 checks to new car owners who posted positive public reviews and pictures of their cars on forums/instagram/facebook. News at 10!"

We all know moving forward any VTT review is questionable as the are compensated with $$$(their own, jokes on them). Impossible to give a fair review if you are being paid cash(even if it is your own).

tru story bro

E92 ACF 6466 + AM Meth / E70 #1 / E70 #2 JBD

Got Boost?
(#36)
Old

Default 09-28-2015, 04:58 PM

Yes, I can see it now. I just paid 5k to install turbos, had a terrible experience but will post a fake positive review for $25

Edit sorry: $50. Game changer!!

Last edited by R.G.; 09-28-2015 at 05:04 PM..
(#37)
Old

Car: 335i DCT
Default 09-28-2015, 05:20 PM

SEO and SEM not working tony?

Or is this exercise to bury negative reviews on Google?
(#38)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-28-2015, 05:23 PM

One way he could change the program to be more palatable IMHO would be to remove the review part of it and just have the bounty on track times with VTT parts. For example run 11 seconds with VTT turbos and post a slip and get a $50 refund check, break 600whp with VTT turbos or inlets post the dyno and get $25 back, etc.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#39)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 09-28-2015, 05:36 PM

Like I said on bimmerboost, desperate times call for desperate measures lol. I will never send a single cent to VTT.

2007 335i - MHD, VRSF 7" FMIC, PLM *****, Stage 2 Fuel-it!
(#40)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 09-28-2015, 06:30 PM

Bunch of rb fan boys on this forum....amazing!!!!
(#41)
Old

Car: E83 X3M Prototype
Default 09-28-2015, 06:33 PM

Hilarious, people non-stop complain that Vargas charges too much and declare Rob a hero for undercutting Tony's inlets; Tony offers new ways for customers to earn back money and you people still troll. The haters are blatantly obvious, as long as there are clearly defined rules, there shouldn't be any problems with this.

Prototype 2007 Monaco E83 'X3M' | N54 Swap | Gruppe M CF CAI | VRSF CP & *** | CXR Intercooler | ER Dual Oil Coolers | Dual 2.5" w/X-Pipe | M3 Rear Exhaust | 20" BC Forged HB05 | Michelin PSS 265 & 305 | F10 M5 & F80 M3 Brakes | KW Variant 2 | H&R Swaybars | TMS Z4M Camber Arms | Z4 Finned Diff | BMW Perf. Grills w/Tri-Color | Custom M Body Treatment | CF Trim | M Perf. Carbon Shift & Handbrake Knobs | BMW Perf. SS Pedals | M3 Dead Pedal | V1 Hardwired | Int LEDs | Umnitza Orion v4 AE & More
(#42)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 09-28-2015, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
One way he could change the program to be more palatable IMHO would be to remove the review part of it and just have the bounty on track times with VTT parts. For example run 11 seconds with VTT turbos and post a slip and get a $50 refund check, break 600whp with VTT turbos or inlets post the dyno and get $25 back, etc.
+1

18í Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#43)
Old

Car: 09 E92 335i
Default 09-28-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C///M
Hilarious, people non-stop complain that Vargas charges too much and declare Rob a hero for undercutting Tony's inlets; Tony offers new ways for customers to earn back money and you people still troll. The haters are blatantly obvious, as long as there are clearly defined rules, there shouldn't be any problems with this.
No one here is a fanboy of RB and no one is declaring RB an hero either for his poor treatment of customers and continuing delay in his so called stage 3.

Your straw man argument is totally invalid.

In the end, it is joke on you for continuing support a vendor like this with your own money.

09 BMW E92 335i: EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins
(#44)
Old

Default 09-28-2015, 07:03 PM

That said. This ain't even Tony's own idea as he totally stole it from Hexon.

But whereas Hexon only give discount when you post dyno and data logs, so the whole thing remains relatively factual. Tony decided to add his own shadiness to the mix, as you would expect of him, by including any "positive review" and "street kills". Anyway, this is totally "play stupid game, win stupid prize"...

09 BMW E92 335i: EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]
(#45)
Old

Default 09-28-2015, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9Blue
No one here is a fanboy of RB and no one is declaring RB an hero either for his poor treatment of customers and continuing delay in his so called stage 3.

Your straw man argument is totally invalid.

In the end, it is joke on you for continuing support a vendor like this with your own money.
Ha, you're crazy. RB fanboys are rampant in this thread and obviously know who there are. Regardless, I've read countless posts bashing VTT pricing on this forum, so my point about Tony basically offering rebates on product purchases but people still trolling makes perfect sense. If you can't understand that, I imagine you're in the RB blinders fanboy group.

First time I've ever seen consumers complain about being given options for additional money back. Your post about no one here being an RB fanboy is ludicrous.

Prototype 2007 Monaco E83 'X3M' | N54 Swap | Gruppe M CF CAI | VRSF CP & *** | CXR Intercooler | ER Dual Oil Coolers | Dual 2.5" w/X-Pipe | M3 Rear Exhaust | 20" BC Forged HB05 | Michelin PSS 265 & 305 | F10 M5 & F80 M3 Brakes | KW Variant 2 | H&R Swaybars | TMS Z4M Camber Arms | Z4 Finned Diff | BMW Perf. Grills w/Tri-Color | Custom M Body Treatment | CF Trim | M Perf. Carbon Shift & Handbrake Knobs | BMW Perf. SS Pedals | M3 Dead Pedal | V1 Hardwired | Int LEDs | Umnitza Orion v4 AE & More
(#46)
Old

Default 09-28-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Ha, you're crazy. RB fanboys are rampant in this thread and obviously know who there are. Regardless, I've read countless posts bashing VTT pricing on this forum, so my point about Tony basically offering rebates on product purchases but people still trolling makes perfect sense. If you can't understand that, I imagine you're in the RB blinders fanboy group.

First time I've ever seen consumers complain about being given options for additional money back. Your post about no one here being an RB fanboy is ludicrous.
Please tell us how everyone is a RB fanboy... No one even brought RB until you did.. I for one wouldn't send a penny to either of those companies. If Rob tries to pull this kind of BS, because he is feeling the pressure from the newer companies (and I am sure he does), I bet people would act the same way as we did with VTT.

(#47)
Old

Car: 2007 335i Coupe
Default 09-28-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:

If your definition of a fanboy is someone who doesn't support the low standards and shadey business practices of VTT, then yes we must all be fanboys... You will find most people feel the same. Fortunately for Tony, he is able to kick out/de-rep anyone who calls him out on BB. (Hence the reason he stays there.)

This isn't an RB vs VTT thing so please stop trying to divert Tony's negative publicity to another vendor. Tony has made his bed...
(#48)
Old

Default 09-28-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9Blue
Please tell us how everyone is a RB fanboy... No one even brought RB until you did.. I for one wouldn't send a penny to either of those companies. If Rob tries to pull this kind of BS, because he is feeling the pressure from the newer companies (and I am sure he does), I bet people would act the same way as we did with VTT.
You're misunderstanding my posts, but that's my fault. I tend to group anti-VTT and RB fanboys into the same group on this forum because the favoritism here is pretty apparent.

Honestly my point was only that it's incredible I've read lots of price bashing towards VTT after the whole RB inlet thing and now VTT is offering ways to get additional money back and he's still being bashed. That's all I meant to say. I obviously didn't do a good job posting this thought if you felt the need to jump on it.

(#49)
Old

Car: '10 335i
Default 09-28-2015, 08:11 PM

Tony,

I typically post reviews when I am happy with a product, when I am unhappy with the product I tend not to post. I know how important small businesses are to this country, thus I refrain from creating posts that may harm their future business. I believe with the proper research, everyone should be able to form their own opinions. From my lack of a positive review of one of your products, you can most likely see where I stand.

What you should do, is offer a refund check to all of those that bought your VTT inlets prior to you lowering the price to what it is now. A price matching program if you will.
(#50)
Old

Default 09-28-2015, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexic
Tony,

I typically post reviews when I am happy with a product, when I am unhappy with the product I tend not to post. I know how important small businesses are to this country, thus I refrain from creating posts that may harm their future business. I believe with the proper research, everyone should be able to form their own opinions. From my lack of a positive review of one of your products, you can most likely see where I stand.

What you should do, is offer a refund check to all of those that bought your VTT inlets prior to you lowering the price to what it is now. A price matching program if you will.

Yes Tony, anytime you have a sale or the market pushes the cost down be prepared to honor that price for all others who purchased said product in the past. I know how important small business are but they should still be required to do this.