N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#101)
Old

Car: C400
Default 05-27-2015, 05:38 PM

Hi Terry I purchased the BMS usb cable and installed JB program. I have managed to get a "connected" under status box. But I am unable to replicate display of "currently map is 1" as in your example photo in the instructions http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...21&postcount=1.

Can just changing category under "MAP" from 1 to 2 already changes the map? Because my status box always just says "connected" when engine is on and "connection failed" if off.

I have no idea if I actually changed the map since it isn't like the photo displaying "currently map is ...." under status box.
(#102)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-27-2015, 06:29 PM

Yes just change the map in the drop down once connected.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#103)
Old

Default 05-29-2015, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun32
terry,

good news for this engine... respected tuner OE/Jeremy released a solid 91 oct tune with very good results at 16 psi. Over 100 Hp and TQ to the wheels. mbwolrd.org

currently Map 2 is at around 14 psi, any chance you create map 3 to boost to 16psi?

i can you data logs if you want to beta test.
Yes I am interested in a map 3 as well. Any chance of getting more boost on map 3 without messing with timing so we can keep the octane at 91?

Since currently map 1 is +3psi but OE tuning are going +6psi on the same 91 octane tune.

I tried changing to map 2 with the BMS usb cable and it actually felt slower for me at times with 94 octane in Canada + some octane booster. I can't get my hands on ethanol mix.

Map 1 was more consistent in the power delivery to me.
(#104)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-29-2015, 09:39 AM

We're going to leave the tuning in until we have a much wider sample range of cars running well on it for a given period of time. It's a new platform and there is method to our madness.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#105)
Old

Car: MB
Default 05-30-2015, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We're going to leave the tuning in until we have a much wider sample range of cars running well on it for a given period of time. It's a new platform and there is method to our madness.
I Respect that.

Can somebody with stage 1 tuner increase individual settings without receiving an official BMS updated map?

I see others JB4 users dial boost targets per gear... I assume those are only for true JB4 application not Stage 1.

2015 C400 3L Bi-Turbo
2012 E550 Coupe 4.7L Bi-Turbo
2008 Toyota Land Cruiser 5.7V8
(#106)
Old

Car: 428ix F36 - 325ci E46
Default 05-31-2015, 12:26 AM

Hi Terry,

Wondering if there are plans for a CLA 250 tune? I run a JB4 on my GranCoupe, and would love to put something similar on my MB.

Thanks!

Mike
(#107)
Old

Car: F10 535
Default 06-10-2015, 12:02 AM

Hey wonderful Terry, Iv been N55 JB4 user since 2013 and created strong habit checking n54tech every week even tho I spend more time driving my new ride which is a Merc A45 amg now. Any intention working on 45's M133 engine anytime soon? Even there r few performance boxes out there on themarket such as Renntech, I am still conservative about them, and prefer to stick to BMS because of past pleasure experience.
(#108)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-10-2015, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun32
I Respect that.

Can somebody with stage 1 tuner increase individual settings without receiving an official BMS updated map?

I see others JB4 users dial boost targets per gear... I assume those are only for true JB4 application not Stage 1.
We're not supporting custom tuning yet. But will in the future.

Burger Motorsports

(#109)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-10-2015, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan 3
Hi Terry,

Wondering if there are plans for a CLA 250 tune? I run a JB4 on my GranCoupe, and would love to put something similar on my MB.

Thanks!

Mike
Open to anything but on the MB front we're limited to cars we happen to own. We don't have a CLA 250 so someone would have to bring one by for us to look at.

Burger Motorsports

(#110)
Old

Car: BMW 335i Coupe
Default 06-22-2015, 02:16 PM

Any updates on this tune? I noticed on the website the dyno only shows like 10hp gain, but Terry you were seeing 0-60 of 5.0-5.3 right? HP gain should be higher than that if those numbers are accurate. Just want to make sure that the tune will give me that level of performance if I go for a C300.
(#111)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-22-2015, 04:42 PM

This is about what to expect on pump gas without the brown patch installed.

Burger Motorsports

(#112)
Old

Default 07-04-2015, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We're not supporting custom tuning yet. But will in the future.
had a chance to data log and tried a few things with map3

i was able to hit 15.5 lbs of boost.

mostly 13-14+ lbs in mid power band and tapers down as thr rpms climb. this was done in 85d heat, full ac, comfort mode, esp off and 4 gallons of E85

no long freeway pulls. just empty street pulls just below 3 digits.

since OE tuning is hitting 16 lbs i knew running just under that should be ok to try.

i place data logs up later...

very happy i can adjust a bit on my own. without responsibility to the tuner since im taking my first step of customizing stage 1.

hope to keep learning and adjusting.

2015 C400 3L Bi-Turbo
(#113)
Old

Default 07-13-2015, 03:51 PM

15lbs of boost..

Not recommended for others and use at your own risk. Simply trying a few things to see if I can get to 15lbs.

This was on high 80's, AC ON, after making 8 pulls and comfort mode setting. ESP ON. E85 3 Gallons to a full tank.

stock everything.. even the paper filters.
Attached Images

2015 C400 3L Bi-Turbo
(#114)
Old

Car: 2015 C300 4Matic
Default 07-22-2015, 02:18 PM

Hey Terry. I just picked up a W205. To run the brown patch, is 93 octane required? Highest grade I can find near me is 91. Also, are you continuing to find performance improvements or does the current tune basically max out possible performance?

I should note, I live in Denver where it's near impossible to find 93 octane. My understanding is that due to the elevation, 91 octane in this region is relative to 93 octane at sea level.

Last edited by C300CPA; 07-22-2015 at 02:33 PM..
(#115)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-22-2015, 02:53 PM

I suggest at least 93 octane for the brown patch, but given your elevation and lower overall density, you should be OK. I'd give it a shot and as long as it continues to pull smoothly isn't an issue. It's easy to tell when the vehicle isn't happy with the boost to octane.

Burger Motorsports

(#116)
Old

Car: Bmw335 e92, mb w205 c200m
Default 07-23-2015, 10:21 AM

Hello, many year happy jb4 335 user here, thank you very much for great product. Got newbie in garage, 2015 w205 c200 4matic gasoline. Will tuner work in this model? I'm bit confused cause shop page tells c200 yes and in this thread its rather 'coming soon'.
(#117)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-23-2015, 11:09 AM

The C200 is supported. We have not dyno tested one yet though.

Burger Motorsports

(#118)
Old

Car: w205 c300
Default 07-27-2015, 08:07 PM

ordered a stage 1 beta tune for my c300, I'm up in calgary alberta, fuelling 91 octane. qs: after installation, what else must i do? I'm completely unaware of how fuel mapping works. is it ok to simply just install the tune, and run my car normally without playing around with the maps?
(#119)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-27-2015, 09:13 PM

Just install and enjoy.

Burger Motorsports

(#120)
Old

Default Poor Low speed/rpm Lag... - 08-13-2015, 02:15 PM

Just installed the device ! Good high end performance !!!

However, I'm getting relatively poor low speed lag following the installation of the Device.

I'm running Firmware version 300/0/4.

94 Octane

C400 3.0L

Any settings I should adjust ?

Tks
(#121)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-13-2015, 04:18 PM

If you feel lag it's only because you are making more boost now than you were stock. There is no wastegate control with the device so no way to increase or reduce spool speed.

Burger Motorsports

(#122)
Old

Default 08-13-2015, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcrpoirier
Just installed the device ! Good high end performance !!!

However, I'm getting relatively poor low speed lag following the installation of the Device.

I'm running Firmware version 300/0/4.

94 Octane

C400 3.0L

Any settings I should adjust ?

Tks
Switch to map 2

You are running 94. Map 1 prob best for 91

I only use map2. Map 3 i can get more power/boost but lag. The cure is to use sport trans setting.

But map 2 and C mode is perfect. I run 91 and some e85. About 95+ octane

2015 C400 3L Bi-Turbo
(#123)
Old

Default 08-18-2015, 07:22 AM

Hi Terry,

Can you please confirm

Is Firmware version 300/0/4 the latest version ?

Last edited by marcrpoirier; 09-02-2015 at 11:28 AM..
(#124)
Old

Car: w205 c300
Default 08-25-2015, 03:40 AM

Hi Terry,
Been running with your tune for a few weeks now. Very noticeable gains. I only installed the rainbow and purple wires so far, running 91 octane. Any more detailed instructions and pictures on installing the difficult brown wire patch yet?
(#125)
Old

Car: W205 C300
Default 08-27-2015, 11:38 AM

Terry,
Im interested in this tuner, to do the stage 2 is there any other mods that can be done to get a little more out of it? I only have 10k miles on the car as of right now. I would like to be putting down about 240whp if possible. I posted on the MBworld.org but havent gotten a reply yet.

Thanks again