N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old

Car: w205
Default 04-11-2015, 07:22 PM

Hi Terry,

Do you have the installation manual for the tune? I just bought the w205 c300 stage 1 but there is no installation manual comes with it. Thanks
(#77)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-11-2015, 08:40 PM

Yes I do, email me and I can send over the draft.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#78)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-17-2015, 05:02 PM

Added install guide to the first post and started to add some general info. I'll update it more as we go along.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#79)
Old

Car: C400
Default 04-21-2015, 07:33 AM

Terry you need to update your install guide for C400. Sensor B confusion in the instructions.

B) Purple wire patch, 3 positions. Connects to camshaft sensor B.
C) Brown wire patch, 3 positions. Connect to TMAP sensor B.
(#80)
Old

Car: mercedes A250 Sport 4matic
Default 04-23-2015, 03:31 AM

Hello, i am new here in forum. I'm coming from Switzerland and i drive the A250 sport 4matic with Carlsson tuning, and we are very happy with it. Now my question, We want to order the C300 T modell and in Europe is only RWD. I always tune the cars that i have and i want the C300 tune also. The gasoline in Europe is 95/98 octane. Is the map for BMS TUNING also for 95/98 octane or only 98.

Thanks
(#81)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-23-2015, 08:45 AM

It's compatible with 95 RON. But, you'll make a little more power on 98 RON.

Burger Motorsports

(#82)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-23-2015, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timereaper
Terry you need to update your install guide for C400. Sensor B confusion in the instructions.

B) Purple wire patch, 3 positions. Connects to camshaft sensor B.
C) Brown wire patch, 3 positions. Connect to TMAP sensor B.
Thanks I'll look in to it. I could use some better C400 photos. Feel free to post or email them in if you have a car and camera handy.

Burger Motorsports

(#83)
Old

Car: Mercedes
Default 04-23-2015, 11:39 AM

signed up just for the C400 updates! lol

who has dyno chart for the 400? and any long term reviews?
(#84)
Old

Car: Mercedes
Default 04-27-2015, 07:06 AM

Anyone??
(#85)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-27-2015, 08:19 AM

No aware of any C400 dynos being posted. When the RWD models are more plentiful I expect you'll see a lot more data.

Burger Motorsports

(#86)
Old

Car: 2015 GL450
Default 04-28-2015, 01:53 PM

Does the stage one tuning for the C400 boost it to GL450 OEM tuning numbers?

What I'm getting at, is there a tuning capability for a 2015 GL450, or is it maxed out OEM?

Thanks.
Great work btw.
(#87)
Old

Car: W205
Default New W205 - 05-12-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes, that's what I run on ours. Map 1 with 91.
Hello Terry, you've been talking about a devil sensor to enable stage 2. If I connect to the devil sensor can I run stage two with 93 pump gas instead of the mixture? My interest is to tune my C300 W205. Also will I need anything additional to run stage 2 other then connecting the devil sensor?

Last edited by jtmoney; 05-12-2015 at 06:01 PM..
(#88)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-12-2015, 07:07 PM

The devil sensor adds another 10-15whp if octane allows for it. 93 octane should be adequate.

Burger Motorsports

(#89)
Old

Default 05-13-2015, 09:25 AM

Quote:
The devil sensor adds another 10-15whp if octane allows for it. 93 octane should be adequate.
So I only need the kit you sell and no additional mapping for max tuning?
(#90)
Old

Default 05-13-2015, 09:26 AM

Please contact me. I have additional info for you. jtinfuse@gmail.com
(#91)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-13-2015, 09:27 AM

Right the kit can cover mild to wild on the tuning end.

Burger Motorsports

(#92)
Old

Default 05-19-2015, 07:37 PM

I have had the tuner for the C400 for a couple of months now. and I am impressed can definitely feel the difference from stock, absolutely no issues so far, the Installation was very easy, (no devil wire on the 400) now I would LOVE to get a stage 2 tune
(#93)
Old

Car: C300
Default 05-20-2015, 09:11 AM

Hey terry is there a way to make boost stable to redline? Or is the engine flowing more then the turbo will be able to keep up with
(#94)
Old

Default 05-20-2015, 09:59 AM

Just purchased BMS USB cable for my stage1 for the C400. Wondering if 94 octane gas good enough to run map 2 safely?

Please shed some light on this Terry, or do I need some race gas/E85 mixed in to run it?

Also I didn't see clearly in detail how I would switch from Map 1 to Map 2 with the cable and laptop. Do I need a program?
(#95)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-20-2015, 10:39 AM

You use the JB4 interface which I'll link in the first post. If it's Canadian 94 for some reason, that is awful gas. Similar to your 91. But it's easy to try out map 2 and see how it feels. I don't think the engine is at any risk with it even on a lower grade fuel. But you might not make as much power as say map 1 if the octane isn't up to the task.

Burger Motorsports

(#96)
Old

Default 05-20-2015, 09:01 PM

hey terry i just installed the beta stage 1 kit and took it out for a drive, a short while into the drive the car threw a code for low pressure at the fuel rail any insight on this? also how should i go about reseting the check engine light
(#97)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-20-2015, 09:03 PM

Could be a connection issue with the green patch or a map setting in the firmware. But, unless you are using E85, the fuel rail connector should not be installed. I'd remove that to start and the fault should clear itself after a few driving cycles. Or use any OBDII reader.

Burger Motorsports

(#98)
Old

Default 05-20-2015, 09:04 PM

i do plan on running e85 i have a e85 station super close to me
(#99)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-21-2015, 08:57 AM

If you need additional specific help you can either email tech support or throw up a post in the support section.

Burger Motorsports

(#100)
Old

Car: MB
Default 05-25-2015, 10:42 PM

Quote:
If you need additional specific help you can either email tech support or throw up a post in the support section.
terry,

good news for this engine... respected tuner OE/Jeremy released a solid 91 oct tune with very good results at 16 psi. Over 100 Hp and TQ to the wheels. mbwolrd.org

currently Map 2 is at around 14 psi, any chance you create map 3 to boost to 16psi?

i can you data logs if you want to beta test.

2015 C400 3L Bi-Turbo
2012 E550 Coupe 4.7L Bi-Turbo
2008 Toyota Land Cruiser 5.7V8