N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default Ando's M4 Dyno - 04-21-2015, 03:23 PM

Hey guys,

Just got back from a few hrs on the dyno. Among the cars tested were Ando's M4. Our latest development car. It's 100% bone stock except for a JB4 and 5 gallons of E85 mixed with 91 octane. Results were impressive especially after the M4 before his with more mods disappointed. But more on that later.

JB4 + E30 is a potent combo.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-21-2015, 03:23 PM

Another chart with his runs overlayed.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 04-21-2015, 03:28 PM

JB4, Bone stock FTW!

JB4 is installed with our new OBDII CANbus connection. No more POSI-TAPs.
F series JB4 steering wheel/in dash map switching.

Dyno video

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

Last edited by Ando @ BMS; 04-22-2015 at 11:52 AM..
(#4)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 04-21-2015, 03:33 PM

Sweet that's incredible for a stock car! What happened with the "other m4"

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-21-2015, 03:52 PM

The other M4 tested had a few differences. Mainly *** and instead of E85 he added a full sealed can of VP101 race gas. For some reason though his timing and power output were that of pump gas. Most he made was 480whp on map 2 and the same or less at higher boost levels. All with timing reducing itself much more than Ando's car.

I don't know if he got a bad can of race gas or if the car has some other issue that needs to be resolved. Everything looked fine except for timing. So my gut feeling is just bad gas. Just goes to show the value of logging your dyno runs.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#6)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 04-21-2015, 03:58 PM

Ouch that sucks. Cool for ando though hah why is that last log targeting only 6 or so psi?

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-21-2015, 03:59 PM

Map 2 is 6psi over stock.

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 04-21-2015, 04:11 PM

I am very happy with this car so far.
So much fun to drive.
520+whp on a DCT is fun.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#9)
Old

Car: 2011 E92 335xi
Default 04-21-2015, 06:30 PM

Ando, were you running map 2 with the E85 on the dyne runs?
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-21-2015, 06:57 PM

Read the first post....

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Car: F30 335i msport
Default 04-21-2015, 07:01 PM

Insane .. M3 is my next car for sure ... Must be very fast .. Dct 520whp ...

1993 Dodge Caravan ( Bone Stock )

2016 Tanzanite Blue F80 M3 jb4 , awe non res, bmc filters.
(#12)
Old

Car: 15' m4
Default 04-21-2015, 07:34 PM

A "sealed can" of race gas is how many gallons? I hit 494 whp and 512 wtq with jb4, map2, 4 gallons of e85/rest 93oct, and filters...no DP's yet....hoping that DP's bring me to 530+ whp
(#13)
Old

Car: F06 N55 640i Gran Coupe
Default 04-21-2015, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzah1
A "sealed can" of race gas is how many gallons? I hit 494 whp and 512 wtq with jb4, map2, 4 gallons of e85/rest 93oct, and filters...no DP's yet....hoping that DP's bring me to 530+ whp
Hi guys, any special tuning to run E85? What percentage of mix will gain the most? Thanks

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
FULL CF Add On All around, Gloss/Matt Custom Wrap
JB4 Stack On BM3/MHD ECU tune, Upgraded S2 Turbo
Custom Cold Air, Dual nozzle charge pipe
SSP 900 Clutch kit, Custom Spoiler
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
SS DP n FULL Custom Exhaust
Custom BC forge 18/17 set up
Brembo Gt 380mm F&R/ 355mm F&R
(#14)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 04-21-2015, 11:12 PM

Results are great indeed. Gratz on the result Ando!

F21 M140i - 100-200: 5.18 60-130: 5.96
Audi TTRS - 100-200: 4.01 60-130: 4.5
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.32, 60-130: 4.8
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#15)
Old

Default 04-22-2015, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando @ BMS
JB4, Bone stock FTW!

JB4 is installed with our new OBDII CANbus connection. No more POSI-TAPs.
F series JB4 steering wheel/in dash map switching.
With this kind of results does this make the posi taps obsolete and will now be the standard issue going forward?
(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-22-2015, 07:38 AM

Both CANbus install methods will continue to be available.

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Default 04-22-2015, 07:49 AM

Is there still a trade off between the two methods? what are the compromises between the two?
(#18)
Old

Car: F80 M3
Default 04-22-2015, 08:00 AM

Our M3 today with jb4 map 2 and ********* made:

502.7 bhp
522 ftlb

Andos Made:

502.5 bhp
523 ftlb

Very consistent result

Performance Centre - Large stocks of Burger Motorsport products with UK Nationwide fitting and dyno testing. http://www.theperformancecentre.co.uk/#!shop/c22lx
(#19)
Old

Car: F80 M3
Default 04-22-2015, 08:03 AM

Terry - in the logs it always shows throttle is closing throughout the run. Do you know the reason for this? I have seen a log from a car in Belgium which has an ECU flash and throttle stays constant 100% open to match the pedal.

Performance Centre - Large stocks of Burger Motorsport products with UK Nationwide fitting and dyno testing. http://www.theperformancecentre.co.uk/#!shop/c22lx
(#20)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Car: 135i N54
Default 04-22-2015, 08:05 AM

Is that AFR curve normal for S55? Seems like it is really lean until 4500 RPM then jumps suddenly to richer setting. The log posted later seems to be a bit more linear though.
(#21)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-22-2015, 09:05 AM

Normal curve.

Burger Motorsports

(#22)
Old
Need4Speed

Car: 2010 E90 335i M-sport
Default 04-22-2015, 09:29 AM

Hell yeah Ando! Damn S55 makes big power so easily
(#23)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-22-2015, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4UK
Terry - in the logs it always shows throttle is closing throughout the run. Do you know the reason for this? I have seen a log from a car in Belgium which has an ECU flash and throttle stays constant 100% open to match the pedal.
That is just how its programmed from the factory. When boost is on target throttle hovers around 80%. When boost is under target it will hover around 100%. The flash maps I've seen for F series set the target unrealistically high and then limit duty cycle to create a persistent under boost condition a side effect of which is 100% throttle. But that underboost condition will also create other tuning problems as they will find out when more people run those tunes. I think most just don't understand that the throttle has to close to around 50% before it effects power output or can be felt from the drivers seat.

With the E series N55 flash tools we can disable the throttle safety which I've done before but it makes no difference in power or smoothness: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22563

Burger Motorsports

(#24)
Old
One tire fire

Car: E92 335, 6MT
Default 04-22-2015, 09:43 AM

Super impressive guys. Can't wait to start playing also

'18 Magnetic Gray Raptor
'19 GT3 RS Weissach
'09 997.1 6MT: FBO, 65mm VTGs. 730 whp
'18 Nardo Gray RS3 APR stage 2, 10.72 @ 130
(#25)
Old

Car: 2011 e92 335xi
Default 04-22-2015, 10:12 AM

Sweet numbers, very impressive for a mostly stock car. Any concerns with these turbos on the higher output maps?