N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#726)
Old

Car: 328i
Default 02-02-2015, 03:46 AM

Makes a big difference eh? I always felt it is pretty quiet in efficiency mode.
(#727)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW M3
Default 02-02-2015, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Updated the exhaust footage in the DEMO video.

Terry, only issue I see with this is that not all of us have the auto highbeam option, so if you moved it to only that we couldn't use it.
(#728)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-02-2015, 09:46 AM

OK will keep that in mind. I guess the top console button is universal although I hate how it scrolls through the different things in dash. I may drop the trans flash also as you can hear the valve open/close anyway.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#729)
Old

Default 02-02-2015, 12:18 PM

I experienced what sounded felt like chattering (grinding?) in the DCT moving slowly from a dead stop in first gear last night. It hasn't happened again. Is this a normal occurrence?
(#730)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-02-2015, 12:20 PM

Nothing tuning related.

The OEM DCT operation is annoying, at times. Expect bucking and other issues when rolling slowly in 1st gear.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#731)
Old

Default 02-02-2015, 12:30 PM

Are the 1st gear issues software related, or just something inherent to all DCTs, ie M5, Porsche PDK, etc.?
(#732)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-02-2015, 12:34 PM

Our M5 and N55 DCT are not as bad. I think its just software specific to the M3.

Burger Motorsports

(#733)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-02-2015, 08:54 PM

v3.10a removed trans flash option during CANflap change. A couple users reported it caused the car to shift to neutral when engaged. We're working on a better dash indicator for the CANflap operation.

Burger Motorsports

(#734)
Old

Car: BMW M4
Default 02-03-2015, 01:41 AM

I'm reading different things. So is EWG connectors required to run Map 7? or is stage 2 just fine to run Map 7?
(#735)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-03-2015, 09:50 AM

Fuel connector is suggested for map 2 and required for map 7. The EWG connections are suggested for map 7.

Burger Motorsports

(#736)
Old

Car: BMW F80
Default 02-03-2015, 11:18 AM

any new updates coming out?
(#737)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-03-2015, 11:21 AM

Updates are posted to the first post.

Burger Motorsports

(#738)
Old

Car: BMW M4
Default 02-03-2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Fuel connector is suggested for map 2 and required for map 7. The EWG connections are suggested for map 7.
is it for safety purposes?
(#739)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-03-2015, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGS55
is it for safety purposes?
Without the fuel connector install map 2 may misfire or stutter under colder weather. Some can get away with it while others can't. Which is why we suggest installing it if you plan to use map 2. Once the fuel connector is installed you can also mix up to 30% E85 which can be used on any map.

Burger Motorsports

(#740)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-03-2015, 06:26 PM

Hey guys,

I've been hard at work on the CANbus, trying to get some of the in dash features we have going on the E chassis working, and I've hit a road block. The PT CAN the JB4 is connected to just can't punch through the CAN gateway to the dash module.

Edited this post. There are still plenty of hangups so it's too early to discuss the details.

Burger Motorsports

(#741)
Old

Car: Bmw
Default 02-03-2015, 09:52 PM

Some indy testing/tweaking

RB 135 on meth+pump vs M4

Misc others.

Map 7 (not pictured) was still following factory target (scaled up) which had no matter what a massive boost dip at ~3500.
(#742)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 02-04-2015, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Hey guys,

I've been hard at work on the CANbus, trying to get some of the in dash features we have going on the E chassis working, and I've hit a road block. The PT CAN the JB4 is connected to just can't punch through the CAN gateway to the dash module. To move the project forward I've come up with an alternate CANbus tapping location. The OBDII port.
Finally
Time to order the JB when this project is finished

335i N55 DCT
(#743)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-05-2015, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iFFM
Finally
Time to order the JB when this project is finished
I made some progress on it, but there are other technical hangups, so don't hold your breath for it. Some day I really want to get those in dash gauges working though. For the short term the PTCAN is the only viable location for tuning data.

Burger Motorsports

(#744)
Old

Car: F80 M3
Default 02-08-2015, 05:43 AM

dp's, JB4 map2 and valves permanently open = best sounding ca I have owned to date (including my f10 M5)

Performance Centre - Large stocks of Burger Motorsport products with UK Nationwide fitting and dyno testing. http://www.theperformancecentre.co.uk/#!shop/c22lx
(#745)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-17-2015, 03:31 PM

The 140 series are just normally misfire codes that clear. C series codes are internal communication codes you can ignore.

What map & stage have you been running?

Burger Motorsports

(#746)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-17-2015, 04:11 PM

Interesing, with misfire codes, I'd expect a CEL to come up. And then maybe clear itself after a restart. The misfire codes are from running E30 and running fuel trims too far positive which results in the AFR swinging rich and the misfire condition.

For E30 I'd probably keep it on map 2. I think map 7 may be too strong for it. When you are bored next you can always log it and we'll check it out for you.

The 110001 code I don't see in my limited listing here. I'll look in to that one later.

Burger Motorsports

(#747)
Old
BMW Client Advisor

Car: 2011 Z4 35i M sport - stick
Default 02-19-2015, 10:28 AM

Terry,

Would you run map 2 with intakes, M performance exhaust and 93 octane? Or would you suggest dp's to run map 2?

2013 335xi M Sport - AFE Intake - ER DP - Stage 2 BMS software - H&R Srings - 10mm spacers four corners

F80 M3 SO ON ORDER
(#748)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-19-2015, 10:40 AM

I think it would probably be OK, but best to do some logs to verify.

Burger Motorsports

(#749)
Old

Car: F80
Default 02-21-2015, 07:16 AM

Terry,

Map 3 vs. Map 1 - is there a link with a dyno comparison? I live at altitude, have access to 91 octane, and never intend to put higher than 93 in the car. I would like a tune that throws zero codes no matter the circumstances, and no limp-home modes. Is Map 3 the way to go? What is different about it that it requires stage 2 - not that that is an issue.

Thanks.

Last edited by pigwet; 02-21-2015 at 07:57 AM..
(#750)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-21-2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigwet
Terry,

Map 3 vs. Map 1 - is there a link with a dyno comparison? I live at altitude, have access to 91 octane, and never intend to put higher than 93 in the car. I would like a tune that throws zero codes no matter the circumstances, and no limp-home modes. Is Map 3 the way to go? What is different about it that it requires stage 2 - not that that is an issue.

Thanks.
Map 3 is likely more appropriate for your higher elevation and lower grade fuel. Power and torque are similar to map 1 down low but it has a stronger boost taper towards redline, reducing turbo exhaust back pressure, in the region where its more difficult for the compressors to keep up. Especially in thinner air.

If your question is whether the JB4 will throw CEL when nothing is actually wrong/needs to be fixed, it won't. Any time you have some physical issue with the vehicle a check engine light will appear to inform you. This will happen whether you are stock or tuned. Those of us who have been around turbo BMWs long enough know the factory cars throw codes all the time. We won't disable that CEL system for you nor would we want to. Whether you are tuned or modified the process is the same. If you ever get a CEL read it and address the physical issue that triggered it. One nice thing about the JB4 system in particular is if you ever want to read your codes, or even shadow codes that don't show a light, you can do that without having to purchase any additional equipment.

Burger Motorsports