N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#701)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-27-2015, 10:14 AM

The Stage1 is basically identical to JB4 map 1. So if you never change from map 1 then there would be no difference in terms of performance. But, you won't be able to limit boost in 1st & 2nd gear for easier launching, etc.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#702)
Old

Car: 328i
Default 01-27-2015, 10:23 AM

Would there be any benefit to using Map 2 vs Map 1 if all I have access to is 93 octane?

Is it possible to limit boost in every gear, or only 1st and 2nd with the JB4? I'm thinking of a user-defineable map that actually cuts boost to lower than stock levels for highway cruising. Has anyone tried this?
(#703)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-27-2015, 10:27 AM

We can do anything... But, that sounds like a good use for your gas pedal?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#704)
Old

Car: 328i
Default 01-27-2015, 10:42 AM

Nicely played. I usually do pretty good (avg @26mpg over the last few hundred miles) with my pedal. I was just hoping for something to make it even better when i set the cruise control.
(#705)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 01-27-2015, 09:39 PM

Terry, can you update the original post with boost targets for what Map 1, 2, 3 and 7 would generally hit?

2015 Alpine White M4
(#706)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-29-2015, 11:14 AM

OK guys feedback has been positive so I adding v3.9 to the first post. Enjoy!

Burger Motorsports

(#707)
Old

Car: 2015 Bmw M4
Default 01-30-2015, 10:48 AM

So how did ever buddy set up there meth kits were did you get meth bungs and how did you guys weld them
(#708)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-30-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCredibleM
Terry, can you update the original post with boost targets for what Map 1, 2, 3 and 7 would generally hit?
Maps 1, 2, 3, & 5 are load based maps. They add boost on top of the factory curve. The amount added is equal to the "target" line in the log when looking at your own logs. Maps 6+ are absolute targets, although map 7 is set to lower boost a bit in cold weather where fueling can become an issue. Map 7 runs around 25psi normally.

Burger Motorsports

(#709)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-30-2015, 11:25 AM

In doing more testing I'm not sure the flapper closed option is that useful. Since, the flapper is normally closed, most of the time anyway. I'm thinking of removing that option from the on-the-fly options and making it laptop only. So on the fly will be OEM operation and always open. I'll also move it from the talk button to the automatic headlight button on the turn signal. Thoughts?

Burger Motorsports

(#710)
Old

Default 01-30-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
In doing more testing I'm not sure the flapper closed option is that useful. Since, the flapper is normally closed, most of the time anyway. I'm thinking of removing that option from the on-the-fly options and making it laptop only. So on the fly will be OEM operation and always open. I'll also move it from the talk button to the automatic headlight button on the turn signal. Thoughts?
I agree 100% ive been testing it out for a few days and never used the closed setting and deff switch to auto headlight that way we know its on with us manual guys even tho you can hear it
(#711)
Old

Default 01-30-2015, 12:12 PM

Only issue with auto highbeam is that not everyone has it
(#712)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-30-2015, 02:17 PM

OK I put up 3.10 to test with the following change:

Burger Motorsports

(#713)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-30-2015, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flewbyu335
Only issue with auto highbeam is that not everyone has it
I left both buttons active. The problem with the talk button is people with iPhones get SIRI. Normal android guys like myself don't have that problem.

Burger Motorsports

(#714)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 01-30-2015, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I left both buttons active. The problem with the talk button is people with iPhones get SIRI. Normal android guys like myself don't have that problem.
AWESOME! Any chance on moving map switch to a different button other than volume down?
(#715)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 01-30-2015, 06:30 PM

im gonna give this a try tomorrow.

I vote for >160 temps because main reason i would want to be able to change it is because of cold starts in the mornings. otherwise100% open is fine for me. Plus if you want it quieter on shifts you can put throttle into efficient or sport mode.
(#716)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 01-30-2015, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSid
im gonna give this a try tomorrow.

I vote for >160 temps because main reason i would want to be able to change it is because of cold starts in the mornings. otherwise100% open is fine for me. Plus if you want it quieter on shifts you can put throttle into efficient or sport mode.
I like having the always closed option. Don't remove that option.
(#717)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-30-2015, 08:07 PM

It's always difficult to please everyone. But, OEM operation is mostly closed, so toggling between two choices is more practical than three, for the moment. When we're able to develop a more robust form of in dash controls then we'll add more options to it.

Burger Motorsports

(#718)
Old

Car: BMW M4
Default 01-31-2015, 11:31 AM

Question:

Is map switching for 6 speed manual the same? Will the lights on the shift know flash as well like in dct?

Thanks
(#719)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-31-2015, 11:39 AM

Works the same but no flash, yet.

Burger Motorsports

(#720)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-31-2015, 01:53 PM

Updated the exhaust footage in the DEMO video.

Burger Motorsports

(#721)
Old

Car: F80 M3
Default 02-01-2015, 04:08 AM

tested 3.9 but suffered these issues:

Performance Centre - Large stocks of Burger Motorsport products with UK Nationwide fitting and dyno testing. http://www.theperformancecentre.co.uk/#!shop/c22lx
(#722)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-01-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4UK
tested 3.9 but suffered these issues:
If you find any bugs, email those in, and we can check them out.

Burger Motorsports

(#723)
Old

Car: 2010 BMW 550i GT
Default 02-01-2015, 12:00 PM

Just traded in my F07 for an F83. I assume this works for F83, right?
Hmm but I live in CA.

Daily Driver: 2010 F07 550i GT
Weekend Family Car: 2013 AMG E63
My Toy: 2001 Ferrari 360
(#724)
Old

Car: BMW F80
Default 02-01-2015, 12:53 PM

love the new feature. Haven't had any issues .
(#725)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-01-2015, 02:18 PM

Unplugged the active sound module today in the trunk. Sort of a PITA to get too but glad to have it off. Cabin is much quieter now.

Burger Motorsports