N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Wedge1967's Avatar
Wedge1967 Wedge1967 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 356
Join Date: Apr 2012
Car: '07 335i e92
Default 10-31-2014, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curare86
damn you beat me to it, Im in Perth too and was just about to suggest the DJ website with the dyno map
sorry to get off topic wedge
hahahah no worries.

BMW News
1988 BMW causes $200,000 garage fire
Reply With Quote
(#27)
Old
BuraQ's Avatar
BuraQ BuraQ is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 140
Join Date: Nov 2011
Car: 335is DCT
Default 11-01-2014, 11:03 AM

I am looking into my crystal ball, and I see after Ken makes more power on a DJ there still will be complaint that the dyno is not correct.

Interesting though how this all works, so I guess we will have to take a ride to the speciall qualified dyno Terry uses to put all this to hush. We've had different dynos around the USA report almost the same identicle torque numbers, and the only thing was off was the HP humbers and that was due to those using meth vs no meth


2012 E89 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport MT
2011 E92 335is w/DCT
2007 E92 335i 6AT
Reply With Quote
(#28)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 32,569
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 11-01-2014, 01:20 PM

Any dynojet will do!


Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#29)
Old
Wedge1967's Avatar
Wedge1967 Wedge1967 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 356
Join Date: Apr 2012
Car: '07 335i e92
Default 11-01-2014, 03:34 PM

Time and Money Terry... LOL Always seems like I'm short of both.
Reply With Quote
(#30)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 32,569
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 11-01-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967
Time and Money Terry... LOL Always seems like I'm short of both.
I hear you on that especially the time part. Luckily there is no shortage of dynojets in socal. I know in your area it's harder to come by them. But, if you want to set the records, that's what you need to use. Honestly I'd love for you to break it. Would encourage us to modify our stock turbo 135i a bit more to take it back. At the end of the day a dyno is just a tool anyway. Run some mid 120s traps and it will be just as impressive as a 500whp stock turbo dyno IMHO.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#31)
Old
Newguy123's Avatar
Newguy123 Newguy123 is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,785
Join Date: May 2014
Car: 12' 135i
Default 11-01-2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I hear you on that especially the time part. Luckily there is no shortage of dynojets in socal. I know in your area it's harder to come by them. But, if you want to set the records, that's what you need to use. Honestly I'd love for you to break it. Would encourage us to modify our stock turbo 135i a bit more to take it back. At the end of the day a dyno is just a tool anyway. Run some mid 120s traps and it will be just as impressive as a 500whp stock turbo dyno IMHO.
Yup trap speeds tell all


18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
Reply With Quote
(#32)
Old
JB4UK JB4UK is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 16
Join Date: Nov 2014
Car: F80 M3
Default 11-02-2014, 06:14 AM

That is one of the strangest dyno graphs I have ever seen.
Reply With Quote
(#33)
Old
JB4UK JB4UK is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 16
Join Date: Nov 2014
Car: F80 M3
Default 11-02-2014, 06:29 AM

Run the dyno in Shoot6 for some real figures



Performance Centre - Large stocks of Burger Motorsport products with UK Nationwide fitting and dyno testing. http://www.theperformancecentre.co.uk/#!shop/c22lx
Reply With Quote
(#34)
Old
chuckd05 chuckd05 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 296
Join Date: Sep 2011
Car: 08 135i , 06 325xi e90
Default 11-02-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ
I am looking into my crystal ball, and I see after Ken makes more power on a DJ there still will be complaint that the dyno is not correct.

Interesting though how this all works, so I guess we will have to take a ride to the speciall qualified dyno Terry uses to put all this to hush. We've had different dynos around the USA report almost the same identicle torque numbers, and the only thing was off was the HP humbers and that was due to those using meth vs no meth
your crystal ball is broken.


e92
Reply With Quote
(#35)
Old
Wedge1967's Avatar
Wedge1967 Wedge1967 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 356
Join Date: Apr 2012
Car: '07 335i e92
Default 11-02-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4UK
That is one of the strangest dyno graphs I have ever seen.
Can you elaborate?
Reply With Quote
(#36)
Old
erwan35's Avatar
erwan35 erwan35 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 424
Join Date: Sep 2012
Car: bmw 335i e92
Default 11-02-2014, 01:04 PM

guys he is doing the best he can and his files people say its a beast and he dont ask for anything. its up to you to give him donations and still ?
wedge im in with your map!! i want to stack it with my jb4!!



_______________________________________\\\
BMW 335I E92 2007 RHD 6AT,FULL M3 BODYKIT,HYBRID TURBOS,BMS ADAPTER W/ 3.5BAR TMAP,VTT INLETS,JB4 G5ISO W/ MHD TREBILA FLASH,BMS ANTI-LAG,AEM METH KIT W/ FSB,BMS DCI,VRSF CHARGEPIPE & TIAL BOV,VRSF C@TLESS ***,FMIC,BMS OCC,BMS CABIN FILTER,MUFFLER CUSTOM BULLET,97RON PUMP GAS
Reply With Quote
(#37)
Old
Wedge1967's Avatar
Wedge1967 Wedge1967 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 356
Join Date: Apr 2012
Car: '07 335i e92
Default 11-02-2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwan35
guys he is doing the best he can and his files people say its a beast and he dont ask for anything. its up to you to give him donations and still ?
wedge im in with your map!! i want to stack it with my jb4!!
Unfortunately I have moved away from the donations as I have partnered with BuraQ. With the advanced tuning we are doing, we must charge for our tunes to cover not just our time and efforts, but the R&D costs that are associated with tuning. I know some will be offended by this change as I have stated in the past I would be moving away from donations, but my time is extremely limited so I hope everyone will understand. If not, you always have other options.

BTW, we have an 335XI world record as of today. 11.363 @ 122.66

Numbers will be posted on Drag Times later today. Also, I'm looking forward to seeing the post on E90 later today as well. I'll try to get Dave to post here also.
Reply With Quote
(#38)
Old
bnk bnk is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 474
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 11-02-2014, 01:58 PM

Wow, these are the highest stock turbo dyno numbers I've seen. Also, nice that you are backing them up with the 1/4 record (xi).
Reply With Quote
(#39)
Old
erwan35's Avatar
erwan35 erwan35 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 424
Join Date: Sep 2012
Car: bmw 335i e92
Default 11-02-2014, 09:59 PM

Oo dahs sad.. but nways how much does it cost?



_______________________________________\\\
BMW 335I E92 2007 RHD 6AT,FULL M3 BODYKIT,HYBRID TURBOS,BMS ADAPTER W/ 3.5BAR TMAP,VTT INLETS,JB4 G5ISO W/ MHD TREBILA FLASH,BMS ANTI-LAG,AEM METH KIT W/ FSB,BMS DCI,VRSF CHARGEPIPE & TIAL BOV,VRSF C@TLESS ***,FMIC,BMS OCC,BMS CABIN FILTER,MUFFLER CUSTOM BULLET,97RON PUMP GAS
Reply With Quote
(#40)
Old
JB4UK JB4UK is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 16
Join Date: Nov 2014
Car: F80 M3
Default 11-03-2014, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967
Can you elaborate?

The shape is very strange, heres a typical N54 dyno run:

http://jpsimon.com/public_photo/335/...35-v2-dyno.jpg

Torque is usually very smooth in delivery, the run posted has a HUGE flatspot from 2900-4100rpm RPM.

The start point of the run is extremely high, normal start point is 1800-2000rpm.

its making peak power @ 4900rpm and run finishes at around 6100rpm, A tuned N54 will pull smooth and hard from 1800-6500 rpm easy.


Something isn't right, its been dyno's in a very strange way. I have been operating DD dynos for over 8 years and have tuned and dynod 100's of N54/N55 engines and never seen a graph like that.



Performance Centre - Large stocks of Burger Motorsport products with UK Nationwide fitting and dyno testing. http://www.theperformancecentre.co.uk/#!shop/c22lx
Reply With Quote
(#41)
Old
m4xbmw7's Avatar
m4xbmw7 m4xbmw7 is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 734
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: F02/E82
Default 11-03-2014, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967
Unfortunately I have moved away from the donations as I have partnered with BuraQ. With the advanced tuning we are doing, we must charge for our tunes to cover not just our time and efforts, but the R&D costs that are associated with tuning. I know some will be offended by this change as I have stated in the past I would be moving away from donations, but my time is extremely limited so I hope everyone will understand. If not, you always have other options.

BTW, we have an 335XI world record as of today. 11.363 @ 122.66

Numbers will be posted on Drag Times later today. Also, I'm looking forward to seeing the post on E90 later today as well. I'll try to get Dave to post here also.
wow link us here please
Reply With Quote
(#42)
Old
Luke0818's Avatar
Luke0818 Luke0818 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 247
Join Date: Oct 2013
Car: 335i
Default 11-03-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967
Unfortunately I have moved away from the donations as I have partnered with BuraQ. With the advanced tuning we are doing, we must charge for our tunes to cover not just our time and efforts, but the R&D costs that are associated with tuning. I know some will be offended by this change as I have stated in the past I would be moving away from donations, but my time is extremely limited so I hope everyone will understand. If not, you always have other options.

BTW, we have an 335XI world record as of today. 11.363 @ 122.66

Numbers will be posted on Drag Times later today. Also, I'm looking forward to seeing the post on E90 later today as well. I'll try to get Dave to post here also.
the track time was done with RBs. I would love to see you break record with stock snails.


2008 e93 MODS: BMS JB4 G5 ISO, bms trunk, RB PVC, Lukeperformance flash, mount meth kit, OCC, ******* ********, VRSF 7" FMIC, charge pipe, DCI, Alpina flash,
Reply With Quote
(#43)
Old
Wedge1967's Avatar
Wedge1967 Wedge1967 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 356
Join Date: Apr 2012
Car: '07 335i e92
Default 11-03-2014, 08:36 AM

Well, if you are that familiar with a DD dyno, then I can't understand why you are asking the question that you are asking.

As you know already, I will explain it for others... A Dyno Dynamics dyno has built in brake torque. We start at 2500 RPM in 4th gear after wheel speed calibration and brake the engine for 3 seconds WOT to build boost. Once the brake is released, the pull is recorded. Although some people want to see a graph like you provided, mine shows the @ss whoop I would be putting down on the car next to me as I brake boost my launch. The same bell can be done in 3rd with wheel speed calibration and load resistance increased so the pull takes longer.

BTW, I cut the pull short as my HPFP is on the outs and my pressure falls off a cliff around 6300. So I don't like pulling my engine to redline... I'm in the process or buying and installing a VTT Double Barrel dual HPFP system.

I just don't see the point of pushing my car beyond 6300 rpm... You can use your imagination to finish the bell on the last 500 rpm.. Regardless, you would never run the engine beyond 6000 RPM with this power curve anyway... so I'm not sure why it really matters... Unless you are just trying to cast doubt on this pull, which is even funnier. Sorry if I sound like I took offense to your comments, but it isn't clear what you're intentions are as you know people on the forum don't understand or know how the dyno works outside of hit the gas and see the numbers...



Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4UK
The shape is very strange, heres a typical N54 dyno run:

http://jpsimon.com/public_photo/335/...35-v2-dyno.jpg

Torque is usually very smooth in delivery, the run posted has a HUGE flatspot from 2900-4100rpm RPM.

The start point of the run is extremely high, normal start point is 1800-2000rpm.

its making peak power @ 4900rpm and run finishes at around 6100rpm, A tuned N54 will pull smooth and hard from 1800-6500 rpm easy.


Something isn't right, its been dyno's in a very strange way. I have been operating DD dynos for over 8 years and have tuned and dynod 100's of N54/N55 engines and never seen a graph like that.
Reply With Quote
(#44)
Old
Wedge1967's Avatar
Wedge1967 Wedge1967 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 356
Join Date: Apr 2012
Car: '07 335i e92
Default 11-03-2014, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke0818
the track time was done with RBs. I would love to see you break record with stock snails.
RB's... You and I both know it could be done with stock turbos, just wouldn't be anything left of the car after you get done with the plasma torch doing the weight reduction...

To be honest, I was shocked he ran the numbers he did. Post shift timing is still not perfect. I have an IJE0S car to play with, but finding the time to actually test considering I have a full time job and a family...
Reply With Quote
(#45)
Old
bnk bnk is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 474
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 11-03-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4UK
The shape is very strange, heres a typical N54 dyno run:

http://jpsimon.com/public_photo/335/...35-v2-dyno.jpg

Torque is usually very smooth in delivery, the run posted has a HUGE flatspot from 2900-4100rpm RPM.

its making peak power @ 4900rpm and run finishes at around 6100rpm, A tuned N54 will pull smooth and hard from 1800-6500 rpm easy.
The shape is very different because the whp is different. The safe rev range for high hp figures is where the discrepancy is the largest, i.e. where jpsimon's car has left the most on the table. For very high powered N54 dynos this kind of a shape is quite typical.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com