N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#201)
Old

Car: 2007 335i e92
Default 11-28-2013, 01:33 AM

I like it!
But how would you display things other than the rpm, speed, gear, and boost?
I assumed there would be an option to see other values such as afr, timing, iat, etc
(#202)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 135i
Default 11-28-2013, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterWang
I like it!
But how would you display things other than the rpm, speed, gear, and boost?
I assumed there would be an option to see other values such as afr, timing, iat, etc
Yea I did this as a personal display for myself. I need a design for what you all want. Do you just want some simple labels with text on the screen or what?

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#203)
Old

Default 11-28-2013, 01:45 AM

Maybe something like this?
I think bar graphs would be a good way to visually show the values.
Kinda like the Cobb AP v3
(#204)
Old
Legend

Default 11-28-2013, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Maybe something like this?
I think bar graphs would be a good way to visually show the values.
I could do bar graphs. I'll need to make a list of min/max values for each component.

If more people in the community agree with a layout like this, I'll start creating it.

VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#205)
Old

Default 11-28-2013, 05:02 AM

Just a quick design I made.
Pretty rough, but you get the idea.

Last edited by MasterWang; 11-28-2013 at 05:14 AM..
(#206)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 11-28-2013, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacpro91
I could do bar graphs. I'll need to make a list of min/max values for each component.

If more people in the community agree with a layout like this, I'll start creating it.
[/QUOTE]

Yep this looks good

Hey DMac, please have a Temp Gauge for us 5'ers who don't have this luxory like our smaller bro's the 3's

thanx

2008 BMW 535i
JB4 G5, BMS Pump Flash, ( Updated FW ), DCI,
Eisenmann Race Exhaust
ER CP
E60 DP
450 HP / 480 TQ ( when running AEM 320, 50% E85 )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51z_sELokzk
(#207)
Old

Car: 09 335i xDrive 6spd
Default 11-28-2013, 07:25 AM

Idk I really like the gauge you designed but also the masterwang one that he designed. Would it be possible to make a couple and let people choose from them and customize them in the settings? Btw i'm also in for the hardware if it is just plug and play with the USB

< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: JB4 + MHD, Doc Race ST, Pure 6266, AD-Eng PI/Mounts, Fuel-It st. 3, Custom Exhaust, Tuned by TwistedTuning
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Dyno Soon to Come
(#208)
Old

Default 11-28-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95
Idk I really like the gauge you designed but also the masterwang one that he designed. Would it be possible to make a couple and let people choose from them and customize them in the settings? Btw i'm also in for the hardware if it is just plug and play with the USB
The gauge style dmacpro designed won't work with all the components, but the bar graph could display any component with the right min/max scale set. The DashCommand picture I posted with speed & rpm on top is an application that already exists, I posted it here to simply get the idea across to dmacpro.

If people prefer the DashCommand style (multi-colored graphs, vertical bar graphs, etc) then I could try designing something like that as well.
I'm open to other design suggestions.
(#209)
Old
Legend

Default 11-28-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95
For the kit you will replace your existing USB cable with the one in my kit. So you just connect it to the JB4 run it into the cabin and you're set.

(#210)
Old
Legend

Default 11-28-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Just a quick design I made.
Pretty rough, but you get the idea.

Wow nice work. I like this a lot. If we do a tab bar at the bottom and separate the display, codes, and settings pages we could have a little more room in each area.

(#211)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 11-28-2013, 01:28 PM

Looks really nice indeed. Would be nice if the units were configurable so we could choose kph and degrees celcius instead. If thats not too much trouble offcourse
(#212)
Old
Legend

Default 11-28-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkiedm4
Looks really nice indeed. Would be nice if the units were configurable so we could choose kph and degrees celcius instead. If thats not too much trouble offcourse
Yea setting kph/mph is not an issue.

(#213)
Old

Car: 335is DCT
Default 11-28-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
For the kit you will replace your existing USB cable with the one in my kit. So you just connect it to the JB4 run it into the cabin and you're set.
After cursing the JB4 cable and finally getting it in after a hard fought battle I told myself it was never ever come out of the car, lol! There will be an option to modify our cable as I was reading, correct? Is it possible to do plug in a USB extension and modify/solder that or does it have to be the direct splice into the JB4 cable (wasnt sure if the wires were different).

335is DCT
(#214)
Old

Default 11-28-2013, 07:50 PM

If you remember I had an issue when updating the firmware with one of the initial releases of the JB4 mac software where I got a checksum error. Well I am on the latest release and went to update to Hex 27.9 tonight and ran into the same problem. Not sure where I am going wrong. Installing with all the dash lights on and car not cranked. I was able to switch over to Windows and install the firmware on that side with no problems. I took a screen shot of the error box that popped up.

335is DCT
(#215)
Old
Legend

Default 11-28-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musc
If you remember I had an issue when updating the firmware with one of the initial releases of the JB4 mac software where I got a checksum error. Well I am on the latest release and went to update to Hex 27.9 tonight and ran into the same problem. Not sure where I am going wrong. Installing with all the dash lights on and car not cranked. I was able to switch over to Windows and install the firmware on that side with no problems. I took a screen shot of the error box that popped up.
Yea I made a note in the initial post. Set upload timeout to 20 and try again. That should fix the issue. I'll make an update to the JB4 app addressing this soon. Yes you can splice into the cable. I'll still provide the main pieces and you can just splice in. Doing it this way will require soldering 6 points (3 for the USB end and 3 for the JB4 adaptor end.

The splice has to be after the USB plug.

So I'll go ahead and list the options

1) New - Includes new jB4 data cable with proper connectors for normal usb end and bluetooth iOS end. Price will include a new JB4 cable. Connect to JB4, run into cabin and you're done.

2) Replace - You send me your JB4 data cable and I modify it for you and send it back. Just paying for the connectors, chip and labor. Connect to JB4, run into cabin and you're done.

3) 90% - includes the chip end ready to go and the proper connectors. You just have to cut and solder into your existing JB4 cable. Cheapest option. No need to remove the JB4 cable, but soldering underneath the dash is a little cramped.

Still finding the best cost options for all the pieces.

(#216)
Old

Default 11-28-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Yea I made a note in the initial post. Set upload timeout to 20 and try again. That should fix the issue. I'll make an update to the JB4 app addressing this soon. Yes you can splice into the cable. I'll still provide the main pieces and you can just splice in. Doing it this way will require soldering 6 points (3 for the USB end and 3 for the JB4 adaptor end.

The splice has to be after the USB plug.

So I'll go ahead and list the options

1) New - Includes new jB4 data cable with proper connectors for normal usb end and bluetooth iOS end. Price will include a new JB4 cable. Connect to JB4, run into cabin and you're done.

2) Replace - You send me your JB4 data cable and I modify it for you and send it back. Just paying for the connectors, chip and labor. Connect to JB4, run into cabin and you're done.

3) 90% - includes the chip end ready to go and the proper connectors. You just have to cut and solder into your existing JB4 cable. Cheapest option. No need to remove the JB4 cable, but soldering underneath the dash is a little cramped.

Still finding the best cost options for all the pieces.
Sorry I didn't see that. I should have went back and read all the update notes I will change that setting and try to load 27.5 back tomorrow and report back. Otherwise logging and spacebar stop start function has been working flawless. I hated to even have boot back into windows since it been awhile since I needed to use it.

I will keep my eye on the cable options. I plan on pulling out the JB4 for service coming up in about 1500 miles so I may route a new modded cable then.

335is DCT
(#217)
Old

Default 11-28-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Wow nice work. I like this a lot. If we do a tab bar at the bottom and separate the display, codes, and settings pages we could have a little more room in each area.
Made a few minor adjustments.
At this point, there isn't much more I can do until the basic wireframe of the application is figured out. I need to know which pages I will need to design, which buttons and functions each page will have, portrait/landscape orientation, etc.

I would like some feedback from other members as well.
The more feedback I get, the better it will become.

(#218)
Old

Car: e92 n54 xi
Default 11-29-2013, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Made a few minor adjustments.
At this point, there isn't much more I can do until the basic wireframe of the application is figured out. I need to know which pages I will need to design, which buttons and functions each page will have, portrait/landscape orientation, etc.

I would like some feedback from other members as well.
The more feedback I get, the better it will become.

That looks cool Master! I like the layout! Easy, simple, and not overly complicated yet very intuitive.

DMac, would be nice if we can swipe to multiple pages, if that is possible, so the user can set up different parameters to see and set up to their liking without having to change which parameters they would like to see every time if there was only one page. Just a thought!

Not gonna lie…this has my jimmy a little excited. lol

Last edited by Darkcyd335xi; 11-29-2013 at 01:29 AM.. Reason: bad engrish…grammer policed myself!
(#219)
Old

Car: 2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i
Default 11-29-2013, 09:31 AM

Hey there guys,

New to the forum and new to JB4. I have a '14 X1 xDrive28i that I picked up in October. Secured a BMS Stage 2 and an ER ******** during my Black Friday shopping. Excited to get the parts installed and open up the beast a little more!

Wanna make sure that I'm not missing anything, as I'm on a MacBook Pro Retina. I downloaded the JB4 app and the Drivers--installed both without a problem. I have a cable coming with my Stage 2. I'm assuming it should be plug and play with the MacBook now. Is there anything else that I need to do to get it to run straight, or anything I should be prepared for while I'm awaiting its arrival?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Ryan
(#220)
Old

Car: 535 2008
Default 11-29-2013, 02:58 PM

I LIKE IT!!I LIKE IT!!

Quote:

2015 535 - JB4 - VRSF pipe- Burger Intake - Straight piped - MHD Backend Flash
(#221)
Old

Car: 335i sedan
Default 11-29-2013, 03:59 PM

@MasterWang great job

just idea can you make gradient color for bars.. with higher reading bar color change from green yellow then red.

@dmacpro91
Im in for modified cable ready to be swapped with current cable or female USB on side and the other connected to hardware
(#222)
Old

Default 11-29-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilphase
@MasterWang great job

just idea can you make gradient color for bars.. with higher reading bar color change from green yellow then red.
I have given that a thought.

Green to red gradient bars would work for things like IAT and Avg Ign.
Lower value = good = Green
Higher value = bad = Red

For other components such as boost, afr, and timing, they each have a "safe range" of values which would need to be green while the higher/lower values would be red.
Things get complicated when different mods, gas, maps, and flashes change the "safe range" of these components.

For an example, map 1 would need to have green values around 13psi while map 7 would have green values around 18.5psi.
Since the program simply logs these parameters and the evaluation is done ourselves, it would be nearly impossible to program the application to shift these gradients around automatically.
(#223)
Old

Default 11-29-2013, 05:14 PM

Masterwang's got some skills!

335is DCT
(#224)
Old

Car: 335i sedan
Default 11-29-2013, 07:09 PM

@MasterWang
I agree with you 100% on other component reading. How about just making it depend on the bars reading. I mean once it reach 75% of the bars that mean you are in max area where the bars turn in to red. In futer it will be good idea to give user can option to defin their max/min in app (custom gauges) just thoughts or maybe im asking for too much
(#225)
Old

Car: 09 335i xDrive 6spd
Default 11-29-2013, 07:32 PM

Wait so i'm still a bit confused on this whole USB deal. So if we do swap the USB cable for the one that will work with the app, can we still plug it into a laptop manually?

< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: JB4 + MHD, Doc Race ST, Pure 6266, AD-Eng PI/Mounts, Fuel-It st. 3, Custom Exhaust, Tuned by TwistedTuning
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Dyno Soon to Come
Closed Thread