N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old
shatty shatty is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 106
Join Date: Nov 2010
Car: 2011 135i
Default 08-07-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanDun
I have about 1000 miles now on stg 2 and this weekend I did about 500 miles through the mountains of Upstate New York. I was running map 2 with a bottle of NOS and the performance is just awesome. The power delivery is much more consistent and linear and you can really feel and appreciate the improvement coming out of the turns on the windy mountain roads. Its always right there, just put your foot down and every time its the exact same hard pull. The best part though is the smoothness between shifts. ( MT ) Where between 3rd and 4th there was a feeling of bog or hesitation before, with stage two it it just screams right through.


For anyone wondering, the install is very easy and probably will only take 10 minutes more at most than stage 1.
Guys what you are doing is absolutly rude!!!! It is not right to brag that you have the Stage 2 and we, the public, are still waiting for it!!! So be polite and have consideration for other peoples feelings and please dont say how good it is. Say it sucks so when we get it we will be amazed. I want my stage 2!!!! Where in NY do you live so I can come pop your hood open and rob it from u!!!!!!!???????
Reply With Quote
(#77)
Old
rborgia rborgia is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 46
Join Date: Apr 2011
Car: 2011 335i X-Drive E90
Default 08-07-2011, 07:24 PM

I agree with Shatty, and think Terry should send one to me asap, so I can give it to Matt at Camber Toe to install this coming Saturday with all my other stuff...
Reply With Quote
(#78)
Old
shatty shatty is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 106
Join Date: Nov 2010
Car: 2011 135i
Default 08-07-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rborgia
I agree with Shatty, and think Terry should send one to me asap, so I can give it to Matt at Camber Toe to install this coming Saturday with all my other stuff...
WE WANT OUR STAGE 2! WE WANT OUR STAGE 2! WE WANT OUR STAGE 2! WE WANT OUR STAGE 2! WE WANT OUR STAGE 2! WE WANT OUR STAGE 2!
Reply With Quote
(#79)
Old
shatty shatty is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 106
Join Date: Nov 2010
Car: 2011 135i
Default 08-07-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rborgia
I agree with Shatty, and think Terry should send one to me asap, so I can give it to Matt at Camber Toe to install this coming Saturday with all my other stuff...
What is he doing for your car?
Reply With Quote
(#80)
Old
rborgia rborgia is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 46
Join Date: Apr 2011
Car: 2011 335i X-Drive E90
Default 08-07-2011, 10:13 PM

Ar Down pipe, Injen CAI, BMW Performance Exhaust.
Reply With Quote
(#81)
Old
shatty shatty is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 106
Join Date: Nov 2010
Car: 2011 135i
Default 08-07-2011, 10:15 PM

CAI? I thought the CAI's dont work well with out cars
Reply With Quote
(#82)
Old
rborgia rborgia is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 46
Join Date: Apr 2011
Car: 2011 335i X-Drive E90
Default 08-08-2011, 07:35 AM

It probably isn't needed, but I have it... Hopefully I don't have any issues. If it's going to create problems, then I willconsider not installing it, I will speak with Matt on Saturday.

now all I need is the Stage 2 and I will be a happy camper.
Reply With Quote
(#83)
Old
shatty shatty is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 106
Join Date: Nov 2010
Car: 2011 135i
Default 08-08-2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rborgia
It probably isn't needed, but I have it... Hopefully I don't have any issues. If it's going to create problems, then I willconsider not installing it, I will speak with Matt on Saturday.

now all I need is the Stage 2 and I will be a happy camper.
I actually read up on it last night. When the car is cold and the aluminum ***** from the CAI are cold..you get 5-10 hp. When the car is hot and the ***** get hot you actually lose HP in the range of 5-10. But I heard the sound is amazing. I actually orderd the AFE airscoops this morning. Was $109 and they do just as good as a job with a new drop in filter. But you get no sound difference. Might want to read up on it before you take that step and waste $ and HP.
Reply With Quote
(#84)
Old
Remonster's Avatar
Remonster Remonster is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 51
Join Date: Dec 2009
Car: 135i
Default 08-08-2011, 02:12 PM

I finally got some time to take my Stage 2 135i out to the twisties for some testing on roads I know like the back of my hand. Until today, I could sit here and tell you exactly what speed I take each corner at and which ones can safely be taken at full throttle. Well, there are almost NO flat corners any more, the smooth power delivery lets me get on the throttle hard coming out of corners and the fact that I can carry boost through every shift makes the car so much quicker than a lot of corners that I could take at full throttle now require me to actually BRAKE before I turn in! The car feels like a complete animal now, I'm in love with stage 2!
Reply With Quote
(#85)
Old
beammer's Avatar
beammer beammer is offline
BlackBird
 
Posts: 35
Join Date: May 2010
Car: 2011 335i
Default 08-08-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster
I finally got some time to take my Stage 2 135i out to the twisties for some testing on roads I know like the back of my hand. Until today, I could sit here and tell you exactly what speed I take each corner at and which ones can safely be taken at full throttle. Well, there are almost NO flat corners any more, the smooth power delivery lets me get on the throttle hard coming out of corners and the fact that I can carry boost through every shift makes the car so much quicker than a lot of corners that I could take at full throttle now require me to actually BRAKE before I turn in! The car feels like a complete animal now, I'm in love with stage 2!


BlackBird-2011 335Ic, Auto, 13.10@105.5, 1.90-60ft with 20" wheels!
Reply With Quote
(#86)
Old
SchnellFowVay SchnellFowVay is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 93
Join Date: Jul 2010
Car: 2011 135i
Default 08-08-2011, 02:26 PM

In all seriousness, when can we get our hands on the JB4? I have money ready and waiting . . .
Reply With Quote
(#87)
Old
VegasJD's Avatar
VegasJD VegasJD is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 217
Join Date: Jan 2011
Car: 2012 bmw 135i
Default 08-08-2011, 06:04 PM

I just got mine installed today ill take u for a ride in mine since u r local in vegas lol all i got to say OMFG! this car is sick now the sound and the power even in the 105 degree heat today it still pulls like no tomorrow...i hope it cools off a lil this weekend i wanna do some logs on the 91/ e85 blend i have in the tank and see how the afr looks


2018 Individual Tanzanite Blue Competition M4
Reply With Quote
(#88)
Old
crisart's Avatar
crisart crisart is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 76
Join Date: Dec 2010
Car: 135i n55
Default 08-08-2011, 07:48 PM

how are we suppose to get the jb4 is there a list or are they all gonna come out at the some time. Im ready cash in hand !!! cant wait ,thanks
Reply With Quote
(#89)
Old
Shockin330i Shockin330i is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 131
Join Date: Jun 2010
Car: e90 lci n55
Default 08-08-2011, 10:14 PM

Stop spending money cris...


ERnie
2011 AW/e90/n55 -gone
2016 AY F82
Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the Prom Queen."-John Mason
Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer
I gaurentee for $100 bucks I can install that bitch wrong. Any takers?
Reply With Quote
(#90)
Old
shatty shatty is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 106
Join Date: Nov 2010
Car: 2011 135i
Default 08-09-2011, 07:26 AM

What is "auto radio" feature on the chart on the 1st page?
Reply With Quote
(#91)
Old
SchnellFowVay SchnellFowVay is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 93
Join Date: Jul 2010
Car: 2011 135i
Default 08-10-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasJD
I just got mine installed today ill take u for a ride in mine since u r local in vegas lol all i got to say OMFG! this car is sick now the sound and the power even in the 105 degree heat today it still pulls like no tomorrow...i hope it cools off a lil this weekend i wanna do some logs on the 91/ e85 blend i have in the tank and see how the afr looks
How come he gets one, and I don't!!??
Reply With Quote
(#92)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 32,572
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 08-10-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatty
What is "auto radio" feature on the chart on the 1st page?
Disables the radio when entering the wheel controls. So you aren't changing your stations or volume, while using the wheel controls to select maps or options.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#93)
Old
shatty shatty is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 106
Join Date: Nov 2010
Car: 2011 135i
Default 08-10-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellFowVay
How come he gets one, and I don't!!??
We are all going to have to wait I guess...I'm sure its worth the wait!!!!
Reply With Quote
(#94)
Old
rborgia rborgia is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 46
Join Date: Apr 2011
Car: 2011 335i X-Drive E90
Default 08-10-2011, 09:37 PM

waiting sucks!

Terry, I see you have Helix FMICs listed on the website for the N55, do you have any in stock?
Reply With Quote
(#95)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 32,572
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 08-10-2011, 09:39 PM

I'm not sure. Email in to orders@burgertuning.com and Jon or Eric can check for you.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#96)
Old
shatty shatty is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 106
Join Date: Nov 2010
Car: 2011 135i
Default 08-11-2011, 02:00 PM

Just got my Stage 2...UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Excellent work Terry. Lag? What lag? LOL. Also put in the AR 4" DP,and AFE ram air scoops. Went to track last night and improved my 1/4 times by .4 secs!!!!! WOW!! Car is a beast and the ******** sounds great. Steering wheel controls are the sh1t!!! Max cool feature works when engine is off and car is on. Great for when u r at the track waiting in line instead of opening ur hood to let it cool and also works when car is running. Keeps car around 230. When using the steering wheel control there is a feature called radio off that shuts the radio so when u r using the controls it doesnt affect the radio. The turbo is soooooooo loud now. I also took the cowling off. Switching maps is done on the fly. Alot more logging options. RPM, throttle, etc... The car feels complete. Also has the auto delete code feature so you dont need the can tool anymore. Shift lights...meth integration...EASY install...4 wires to existing wiring harness, 2 to the can bus which is in the fuse box under hood where the ECU used to be on the N54, one to ground and one to power which is the 50 amp fuse in same box. But i still can't believe i took .4 secs off with the addition to the DP and new tune.. With these mods I took off about .9 - 1 sec off my 1/4 times from stock. Car is soooo responsive... Also no more mid throttle bog which was big for me because I couldnt stand it.
Reply With Quote
(#97)
Old
beammer's Avatar
beammer beammer is offline
BlackBird
 
Posts: 35
Join Date: May 2010
Car: 2011 335i
Default 08-11-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatty
Just got my Stage 2...UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Excellent work Terry. Lag? What lag? LOL. Also put in the AR 4" DP,and AFE ram air scoops. Went to track last night and improved my 1/4 times by .4 secs!!!!! WOW!! Car is a beast and the ******** sounds great. Steering wheel controls are the sh1t!!! Max cool feature works when engine is off and car is on. Great for when u r at the track waiting in line instead of opening ur hood to let it cool and also works when car is running. Keeps car around 230. When using the steering wheel control there is a feature called radio off that shuts the radio so when u r using the controls it doesnt affect the radio. The turbo is soooooooo loud now. I also took the cowling off. Switching maps is done on the fly. Alot more logging options. RPM, throttle, etc... The car feels complete. Also has the auto delete code feature so you dont need the can tool anymore. Shift lights...meth integration...EASY install...4 wires to existing wiring harness, 2 to the can bus which is in the fuse box under hood where the ECU used to be on the N54, one to ground and one to power which is the 50 amp fuse in same box. But i still can't believe i took .4 secs off with the addition to the DP and new tune.. With these mods I took off about .9 - 1 sec off my 1/4 times from stock. Car is soooo responsive... Also no more mid throttle bog which was big for me because I couldnt stand it.


BlackBird-2011 335Ic, Auto, 13.10@105.5, 1.90-60ft with 20" wheels!
Reply With Quote
(#98)
Old
beammer's Avatar
beammer beammer is offline
BlackBird
 
Posts: 35
Join Date: May 2010
Car: 2011 335i
Default 08-11-2011, 02:05 PM

Can't wait to hit the track...im anxious.. LOL


BlackBird-2011 335Ic, Auto, 13.10@105.5, 1.90-60ft with 20" wheels!
Reply With Quote
(#99)
Old
shatty shatty is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 106
Join Date: Nov 2010
Car: 2011 135i
Default 08-11-2011, 02:22 PM

Lets put it this way...Went last night to Eglishtown, NJ..Best time I ran was a 13.4 with just the JB3 S1. Without any tuning and on 100 oct using Map 2 which is DP with 93 oct, i ran a 13.178. Raised boost levels to 15.5 and ran a 13.043 on my 2nd run. Keep in mind I have a 135i Convert with DCT tranny. So my car weighs 300-400 lbs more than a 135i coupe in stick. Going again tomorrow night with am empty tank and going to run pure 100 with no 93 in my tank. I am hoping for 12.9.
Reply With Quote
(#100)
Old
shatty shatty is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 106
Join Date: Nov 2010
Car: 2011 135i
Default 08-11-2011, 02:24 PM




Sorry for size LOL
1st run..right lane..vs a pontiac grand prix gxp
2nd run left lane vs Z51 Vette..Obviously he didnt know how to drive...
The log is my 2nd run using launch control

Last edited by shatty; 08-11-2011 at 02:41 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com