N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#876)
Old

Car: 2011 E90 N55
Default 06-04-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We have an N55 Helix FMIC in here for testing. If the power gains are there we'll bring them in stock.
Any word on the gains with the tune and this IC? any Dynos?

Just joined the boards BTW, Loving my stage 1
(#877)
Old

Car: e90 lci n55
Default 06-04-2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisart
i ran a 12.96 @ 108 mph in the heat of south texas 85* on half a tank of gas no race fuel and on +4 boost . now waiting for the cool weather !
And a gutted out stock ********.

ERnie
2011 AW/e90/n55 -gone
2016 AY F82
Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the Prom Queen."-John Mason
Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer
I gaurentee for $100 bucks I can install that bitch wrong. Any takers?
(#878)
Old

Car: 2011 335i
Default 06-04-2011, 08:42 AM

first off lemme thank LM for all his help, I went to atco yesterday. I had a horrible performance at the track. all my 4 were contstant 13.2@106mph, i did better stock, i had tune/ms109 put in on an empty tank/ DR / and weight reduction.......... i have logs and so does LM ill post mine later. idk whats going on but i think i have a boost leak. on the way home from the track i got a code and T believes its a boost leak. i was hoping to get to 12.6 but NO luck........maybe next time.

2011 335I sedan, Le Mans Blue, Black Dakota, 6 Speed, M-Sport, Premium, Comfort Acess, Cold Weather, Navi, HK Sound.
(#879)
Old

Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 06-04-2011, 08:53 AM

im here anytime man
(#880)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-04-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapmyfro
Any word on the gains with the tune and this IC? any Dynos?

Just joined the boards BTW, Loving my stage 1
Been too busy to install it. One of these days!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#881)
Old

Car: 135 N55 DCT '11
Default 06-04-2011, 09:36 AM

dont forget stage 2 and meth under the hood (MUH)
(#882)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-04-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90_335I_NYC
first off lemme thank LM for all his help, I went to atco yesterday. I had a horrible performance at the track. all my 4 were contstant 13.2@106mph, i did better stock, i had tune/ms109 put in on an empty tank/ DR / and weight reduction.......... i have logs and so does LM ill post mine later. idk whats going on but i think i have a boost leak. on the way home from the track i got a code and T believes its a boost leak. i was hoping to get to 12.6 but NO luck........maybe next time.
The log you sent looks OK. I'd shift @ 5800rpm or so.

Are you manual? Maybe they are just slower. I haven't seen many times reported for N55 manuals.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#883)
Old

Car: 135i MT
Default Dyno result - 06-04-2011, 03:39 PM

Dyno from Sydney Australia. 229kW=313HP. Car running JB3 S1 @ +4psi post DME update on 98RON.

Wheel spin issues caused massive drop in graph ...probably should have got 240kW (326HP) without the spin.
Attached Images

Sedona Red 135i 6MT, N55, JB3, BMW Perf Suspension

Last edited by ianf2002; 06-04-2011 at 05:12 PM..
(#884)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-04-2011, 03:41 PM

Sure you didn't hit the 130mph speed limiter in 5th?

Burger Motorsports

(#885)
Old

Default 06-04-2011, 03:53 PM

Not sure, Dyno guys said wheelspin. It was in 6th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Sure you didn't hit the 130mph speed limiter in 5th?

(#886)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-04-2011, 03:55 PM

Definitely the speed limiter! LOL It kicks in early when the front wheels are not spinning. Hitting it hard may lead to wheel spin.

Burger Motorsports

(#887)
Old

Default 06-04-2011, 04:33 PM

So what do you do to prevent that? I was expecting around 245kW

(#888)
Old

Default 06-04-2011, 04:38 PM

What is that in american terms?

2011 335I sedan, Le Mans Blue, Black Dakota, 6 Speed, M-Sport, Premium, Comfort Acess, Cold Weather, Navi, HK Sound.
(#889)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-04-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianf2002
So what do you do to prevent that? I was expecting around 245kW
Use 5th gear as it will let you go up to 6500rpm with a DCT. With a step or manual you can use 4th.

Burger Motorsports

(#890)
Old

Default 06-04-2011, 04:53 PM

Mine is a manual. maybe they were in 4th, I'm not to familiar with dyno process on cars as from a motorcycle background. 230kW = 313HP

They said there was a lot of rubber on the rollers from the spin... new tyres!

Last edited by ianf2002; 06-04-2011 at 05:13 PM..
(#891)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-04-2011, 05:18 PM

Didn't notice the speed axis before. Not fast enough to be in the limiter, so probably spin.

Burger Motorsports

(#892)
Old
M Power

Car: BMW e92 M3 SG
Default 06-06-2011, 03:09 PM

13.1 @104MPH with JB stage 1 only, No other mods. 335 Auto with heavy 19" rims 2 weeks ago.
Ill break 12's with more boost.
(#893)
Old

Car: 135i n55
Default 06-09-2011, 06:19 AM

has anyone tried a cold air with the higher boost levels ?
(#894)
Old

Default 06-09-2011, 06:24 AM

Supposedly these cars run slower w/ a cai

(#895)
Old

Default 06-09-2011, 08:15 AM

Bump for stage 2 w/ all the can tool stuff and meth!!!!!

(#896)
Old

Car: 135 N55 DCT '11
Default 06-09-2011, 08:25 AM

http://www.hpashop.com/images/54-11912DYNO1600.jpg
so this CAI is a lie then if these car runs slower with it?
i think it shud run a little slower at the bottom but more power at the top
(#897)
Old

Default 06-09-2011, 08:33 AM

Id like to see what happens once the car gets hot.

(#898)
Old
The Beast

Car: X5 35i Premium
Default 06-09-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefed6
Id like to see what happens once the car gets hot.
LOL... It's not hot enough for you already? No temp gauge on the N55 X5's... So If I overheat, I won't know until I hit limp mode...

----
Terry, anyway to build into the next firmware an auto shut off if temps are too hot to maintain the higher boost? Or something? Or is that a function that could only be done with CAN integration (ie Stg 2)?

JB3 N55 X5 (the 1st) / Boopie 3" Dual Exhaust/ Matte-Black Grille/ Boopie Custom FMIC/ K&N Drop in Filter / LUX AE
Future Mods: ???
Next big purchase: RUGER SR-556sc
(#899)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-09-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55X5
LOL... It's not hot enough for you already? No temp gauge on the N55 X5's... So If I overheat, I won't know until I hit limp mode...

----
Terry, anyway to build into the next firmware an auto shut off if temps are too hot to maintain the higher boost? Or something? Or is that a function that could only be done with CAN integration (ie Stg 2)?
We can have it monitor air intake temperature but it doesn't currently monitor oil temps, for example.

Burger Motorsports

(#900)
Old

Car: 2011 bmw 335i e90 M tech AT
Send a message via AIM to sti917
Default 06-14-2011, 02:40 PM

Hey Terry what did you do to my car this thing is on steroids! The N55 stage 1 is unbelievable. Its amazing that my car pulls hard at 80 mph and even 100mph. My car is auto and if i go only half way on the throttle the car down shifts one gear. If i go full throttle the car will down shift 2 gears and pulls like crazy! GREAT PRODUCT THANKS SO MUCH!