N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#101)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-18-2011, 09:07 PM

The kits currently on our site are great too. We're just looking to move in to a segment of the meth kit market that is mostly open currently. Quick install budget oriented. Having the JB4 there doing the control and reading the FSB signal opens a lot of doors.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#102)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-18-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishace
Because:

1. I want direct control of meth injection through the JB4
2. I want to optmize trunk space by leveraging washer fluid tank (no more trunk mount)
3. I like the concept of leveraging low fluid level light from washer tank to indicate low meth
4. I want easier install/uninstall as I still have 2 years of warranty left
5. I want under the hood stealth install

I agree with all 5 points Irish. Sounds good to me.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#103)
Old

Default 05-18-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The kits currently on our site are great too. We're just looking to move in to a segment of the meth kit market that is mostly open currently. Quick install budget oriented. Having the JB4 there doing the control and reading the FSB signal opens a lot of doors.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#104)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-18-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dog
I agree with all 5 points Irish. Sounds good to me.
As do I.

(#105)
Old

Default 05-18-2011, 09:36 PM

Terry, I am sure you have calculated this in, but I thought I would ask. Obviously the engine gets very hot, and methanol boils at 149F at atmospheric pressure. The pressure in the line will drop before the pump which makes methanol boil at a lower point. Will any vapor form in the pump? Do you by any chance know the flow rate and tube diameter?

(#106)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-18-2011, 10:11 PM

Not overly worried about vapor lock but we'll see soon. Summer is about here.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#107)
Old

Default 05-18-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbreeE90
Terry, I am sure you have calculated this in, but I thought I would ask. Obviously the engine gets very hot, and methanol boils at 149F at atmospheric pressure. The pressure in the line will drop before the pump which makes methanol boil at a lower point. Will any vapor form in the pump? Do you by any chance know the flow rate and tube diameter?
Methanol may boil at 149F but when mixed with water I think the boiling point is reduced considerably. I run two atmospheric bovs and it's scares the **** out of me when I hear things such as the releasing meth spray from the bovs.

(#108)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-18-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Methanol may boil at 149F but when mixed with water I think the boiling point is reduced considerably. I run two atmospheric bovs and it's scares the **** out of me when I hear things such as the releasing meth spray from the bovs.
One nice thing about the JB4 control is it fully closes the solenoid the moment the throttle closes. No more engine bay vapor worries.

Burger Motorsports

(#109)
Old

Default 05-18-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
One nice thing about the JB4 control is it fully closes the solenoid the moment the throttle closes. No more engine bay vapor worries.
Nice. Thanks Terry

(#110)
Old

Default 05-18-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Perfect!

(#111)
Old

Default 05-18-2011, 10:30 PM

We're getting there.

(#112)
Old

Default 05-18-2011, 10:33 PM

Still stuck on FS vs FCB

(#113)
Old

Default 05-18-2011, 10:38 PM

FCB all the way gbree.

(#114)
Old

Default 05-18-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
FCB all the way gbree.
Thats what I am leaning towards. Just waiting for CM to help me out on the System X thread.

(#115)
Old

Default 05-18-2011, 10:42 PM

Two good things will come off all of this, a really fast car and excellent knowledge about how water/methanol injection works.

(#116)
Old

Car: 2015 F22 M235i
Default 05-18-2011, 11:48 PM

My only question is what would 70-80% methanol do to the vehicles paint when it would be used to spray the windshield/headlights from the stock WW tank??

2014 335i xDrive / Silver / ZF8 / M-Sport / 400M / BM3 2H Map / xHP Stage 3 / ATM FMIC / H&R Sports / VRSF **/CP
(#117)
Old

Default 05-19-2011, 01:19 AM

so it's just going to be the pump itself a a few wires going in and out that can all go back to stock as quick as a jb4???
(#118)
Old

Car: 335 coupe
Default 05-19-2011, 05:29 AM

Nice work Terry.

Gimmmaaah
(#119)
Old
#335 is alive!

Car: Meth'd AW E92 335i
Default 05-19-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46m3to335i
My only question is what would 70-80% methanol do to the vehicles paint when it would be used to spray the windshield/headlights from the stock WW tank??
Lots of detailers use pure methanol to remove tree sap and other contaminants from paint .. however, it's usually wiped or rinsed off after.

Not sure how methanol sitting on the paint, baking in the sun would work, but it does evaporate quickly.. probably no different than windshield fluid. Even plain water left alone is dangerous to paint, if the sun is shining
(#120)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-19-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saifsiddiqui
so it's just going to be the pump itself a a few wires going in and out that can all go back to stock as quick as a jb4???
Yes! The hardest part is the nozzle mount. The only viable option we have now are the replacement elbows. Working on some alternatives but they may come after the initial kit release.

Burger Motorsports

(#121)
Old

Car: BMW 335I
Default 05-19-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Yes! The hardest part is the nozzle mount. The only viable option we have now are the replacement elbows. Working on some alternatives but they may come after the initial kit release.
Im ready to test the FSB ASAP. Already installed the underhood kit.
(#122)
Old

Default 05-19-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
For the quick install kit we're really looking to streamline it. JB4 will run the FSB and meth pump/solenoid directly using all the data available to it. Boost pressure, throttle blade, timing advance, IAT, pump load, etc. So the FSB goes in the DME box then you have one wire coming out to the pump/solenoid. The other side of the pump/solenoid connects to the bracket for a chassis ground. You can use this with an engine bay mount kit like we're doing now, or any of the CM tanks. We'll have all the options covered.
This will be a winner! Congrats!
Is it better to use CM FSB than Snow FS?
(#123)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-19-2011, 11:07 AM

If you have the JB4 running the pump you'll need the FSB anyway. So makes more sense to have just that. In theory you could run both though.

Burger Motorsports

(#124)
Old

Car: BMW 335I
Default 05-19-2011, 11:15 AM

If JB4 is controlling the pump and the FSB monitors the DC. Does this mean we will have a Min meth flow and Max meth flow setting?
(#125)
Old

Default 05-19-2011, 11:32 AM

Terry,
Any ideas on a release date? I will be buying a meth kit mid July and really like this setup.
Thanks,